3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

Feral 02-06-2010 03:21 PM

I'm gonna try to link these from his FB. Dunno if it will work. I ADORE this picture because I feel like it really captures his fun spirit. He's the one front and center... LOL Pay no attention to the man in green.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1797379_n.jpg

LOL Don't ask about this one. He's goofy. And he's gotten rid of the beard since. However, I think his gray's are effin sexy. Dunno why lol

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs158...._1669995_n.jpg

This picture was from his best friend's bachelor party. Not the best pic of him, but it's a "normal" picture.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6749536_n.jpg

Lemme know if those don't show up. They may show up for me because they're in my cache.

shantroy 02-06-2010 03:35 PM

Here's the snowman I made not so long ago!
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...84861_5142.jpg

Let me know if it works, it's from my facebook so I'm not sure if it will.

So My bf and I are on campus studying. I packed some lunch for the two of us coz, the campus food sucks! My mom say me throwing together lunch before I left, she helped out. My bf, got a roast turkey sandwich, with bacon, sauteed onions, homemade guacamole, cheese, lettuce onions and tomatoes plus a couple of left over halloween candies for dessert. I had some leftover roast beef, with mustard and onions in a lettuce wrap and a hard boiled egg.....I think my mom likes my bf more than me!

I'm super nervous for my exam on monday. Brain and Behavior was the entire reason I changed my major from psychology to sociology the first time around. Science and I do not get along! Can't wait for reading week! only one more week to go....

Feral 02-06-2010 03:48 PM

Can your mom pack my lunch?!!?!

Cute snowman!!! Love his sunglasses!

You'll will be fine on your exam! I get test anxiety too. Just go in there and do what you can... I'm sure you'll be fine!!!! :)

Jess7286 02-06-2010 04:01 PM

What kind of cookies are you baking? Recipe please!

aliquot 02-06-2010 04:05 PM

Sorry for being all emo last night, haha. Thanks to everyone who replied. My coworker is a phd student so she pretty much thinks she is the boss of me (a lowly lab technician). I know she is a MAJOR case of workplace bullying (she's pretty much done all of these: http://www.workplacebullying.org/tar...ing-signs.html) but I'm leaving soon and I want to leave on a good note in case I need to ask for letters of recommendation later down the road. I've tried to tell her that it is too expensive to eat out every day with her (because it is) but then she just ends up paying for me. Sigh.

But the good news is that my boyfriend is down here this weekend and I am happy. We're going out tonight and I'm wearing a new dress so maybe there will be some pics later! :)

fiveminutes 02-06-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feral (Post 3138732)
Five - did I miss what you're on tour for? And yes, travel always makes me less hungry. In fact, I think it's just my parents house that makes me gain weight. I swear! LOL

no, i never said. i work with a band from new york and they and i were on tour for basically all of 2007 and most of 2008 with tegan and sara, and i "miss" the road, haven't toured in about 9 months, so a friend of mine is flying out from california and we are going to basically roadtrip for 5 of their shows this tour, and then fly to new york to visit northern state (the band i work for) and another friend in the new york area for the weekend.

i'm with you on the parents thing too. i gained a good deal of weight when i moved in with my mom. it's like your home and your parents just continue to feed you. that and the cupboards are always stocked. lol

Feral 02-06-2010 05:06 PM

Five - that's pretty sweet! My dream job would be to do photography for bands. I'm not a professional photographer, hence the "dream" part. I actually was impressed with some of the pics I took at Projekt Revolution 2 years ago. Out of the hundreds I took about 10 were really cool, but considering it wasn't an SLR I was impressed with myself. Plus you just see things different through the lense.

I have a friend that goes on tour with various bands going lighting. He's one of like 10 technicians in the world that knows how to use some kind of super crazy bright light in the world. When the Atlantis hotel in Dubai opened up a few years ago he was there for a month setting up. That's when they did that insane fireworks show that lasted 20 minutes or so. You can type in "Atlantis opening Dubai" and find tons of videos on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zXpxNjlm4

And I like some of Tegan and Sarah's stuff too.

Jealous!!!

shantroy 02-06-2010 05:12 PM

Feral, as I was throwing things together my mom got involved. She was worried that there wasn't enough food for my bf so she offered to fry up some steak that she had in the fridge! She's crazy! But she's gone out of her way to help me lose weight. Since, I'm staying at my folk's place right now, she gets up in the morning and cooks me breakfast she always has diet friendly food in the house. There's always chicken salad or salmon salad in the fridge and she lets me take all the left overs for lunch. She's pretty wicked, I haveta admit. But man did she go overboard with the bf's lunch today!

fiveminutes 02-06-2010 05:54 PM

Feral - i'm a sound engineer, so working with northern state, tegan and sara has their own sound guy (chris) so mainly i just lugged merch around, sold it and helped set up and break down equipment. i did much more when northern state did a headlining tour. my dream job is to still tour for a living, but i refuse to work for major labels (you learn a lot in school about them and from all the indie bands that i worked for), so the indie scene wasn't doing so well about 6 months ago, so i had to go back to school to be able to earn a living (yay government aid!!), so now i'm going to school, but i know if i got an offer to tour with a band, i'd go in a heartbeat. i really want to learn how to do photography, but i haven't had the chance. my sister is a photographer for a living, but she mainly does family portraits and maternity pics and stuff, so she never travels. i want a job that let's me travel. i feel caged in if i haven't gone out of the country at least once a year.

Feral 02-06-2010 07:32 PM

HAHAHA I just read the funniest thing....

I was on meetup.org looking around at their groups (which means im really bored and procrastinating studying) and they have a "Lock and Key" meet up group. Each girls gets a lock and each guy gets a key. If you unlock your lock you get entered in some kind of drawings, but I thought that was an innovative way to meet people.

And NO. I won't be going. LOL

fiveminutes 02-06-2010 07:56 PM

Feral - that kind of reminds me of those "key parties" that they had back in the 70's, but that was mainly for swingers

Feral 02-06-2010 08:04 PM

I know, that's exactly what I thought of when I read it. Probably why my twisted a$$ thought it was funny.

HaleyisLove 02-06-2010 08:08 PM

Um I made almond joy cookies... so delish and not diet frienly by any means but if you want the recipe here it is http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.b...nd-almond.html they are amazing and my dad said they are the best cookies hes ever had in his whole life and the man is old

Feral- He's sooo cute...does he have a brother? jk

Shan- your mom sounds amazing... can I borrow her? living at home messes up my diet a lot... also the Brain stuff was one of my favorite things about Psychology... I took extra classes in the Bio department...but I'm totally a nerd... I did undergrad research and presented it at conferences and stuff...yes I was that girl...

Ali- Have fun with the boyfriend... and definitely take pictures

Iconised Ghost 02-06-2010 08:18 PM

I think i know what new laptop im going to get. Alienware M11x. Drool

starmac13 02-06-2010 08:48 PM

hey gang

Ali - you could tell her that there is a really cool restaurant that you want to check out and you choose the restaurant. Or tell her that you could eat something beforehand and get an appetizer at the place. But you shouldnt feel obligated to go. Unless it is work related, there is not a hierarchy. I am sure she would understand when you put your foot down. PS. Have fun tonight

New Jess - I am Superbowl ready. I need to take some blue out of my closet for tomorrow. Can't decide whether I want to make turkey chili or lean burgers and a healthy baked potato or healthy fries. If you are worried about the food choices, offer to bring something. If no else eats it, at least you know that you will.

Jazz - oh i wish i was going dancing. I havent been in so long. Club dancing that is. I salsa dance every week.

I would say it is snowing here, but that would be an understatement. It started yesterday on top of snow last weekend. I couldnt make it to the gym yesterday so i was determined to go this morning. I now belong to 2 gyms as of last week and one was open. I am pretty sure that I almost died like 4 times. AND my windshield wiper broke on the way there. Blind driving = not a god idea. But i made it.

I have been super busy for the past couple of weeks. I think I'm too stressed out and I it shows in my eating. I dont know what's up, but I cannot stay full. Its like I am thinking about food all the freakin time. At work I am bored to death and when I get home, it like i have to have a piece of everything in my friend. I need to figure this out stat so I can finally see 16_