3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

Iconised Ghost 02-06-2010 04:23 AM

forest- probably a couple of days :lol: I am down to 65.6 now though so it was probably (a) i didnt count properly because "i'm supposed to be eating more!" xD and (b) the stuff i had probably gave me an extra salt boost i hadnt seen in a while. And (c) its TOM. So maybe i should just keep a closer eye on it :dizzy: its so tricky though! Mistakes take aaaages to iron out again

Jess- welcome!

Today I had a pretty good day. My bf and I made an awesome surprise birthday cake (it was chocolate with M&Ms around the bottom, a big d6 and d4 on the top, with happy birthday in glittery red icing :D ) for one of our friends who has been a bit down lately. It totally made his day I think :D He totally didnt expect it. I even made good progress on my thesis and managed to be down 100g. So although i didnt go to the gym today like i had planned, it was still pretty cool

And I cant believe this week i got up at 5:15 to go to the gym. On the one hand, I'm like "wow I can actually do that" because i am seriously NOT a morning person. I prefer to work late, late into the night rather than get up early so i tend to keep doing that my schedule changes and end up not getting enough sleep, which actually really depresses me. And on the other hand, I'm like "Never. Again" :lol: It was kinda cool to come out of the gym and see the sun rising though. Might do it again later this week if i can get my act together sleep wise :lol:

Although the traffic is no better at that time -_-

Feral 02-06-2010 08:22 AM

Haley - boys are dumb. We can go find rocks and throw them at him if you want. I'll def volunteer to help with that! I'm sorry the Russian hurt your feelings. I don't deal very well with having my feelings hurt either.

New Jess - Welcome!!!! No big plans for the Super Bowl. Just hanging out at the house and studying. I could really care less to be honest with you. Now, if you wanna talk Stanley Cup that's a different story!

Jazz Jess - I told you it was BAD! LOL I love bad jokes, I can't help myself. Have fun out with the new roomies. Is everything still going well with them?? :) Shake your booty some for me!!!

Ali - *hugs* Is there any way you can tell your coworker that she needs to respect your eating choices? Can you compromise and tell her either you eat lunch at work or you guys have to pick some place with a better menu for you? I understand avoiding work confrontation, but this is YOUR life, not hers. Hang in there.

Icon - that was really sweet of you!!! Sometimes little things like that, especially when you're not expecting it, can make such a difference! It's nice to know someone cares enough to do that!!!! :) And HOLY WOW 5:15 am!!!! You're my new hero of the week!

The Jumbasta turned out REALLLLYYYYY well. Only downfall is that it was PACKED the heck out with sodium so I'm swollen and up 1.5 lbs this morning. UGH. I would make it again, but probably leave out the kielbasa because it's just to salty and get fresh shrimp from our seafood market.

I have lots of studying to do but I'm going on the hunt for whole wheat dough (Trader Joe's) and I may be going bowling with an olddddd co worker I haven't seen in forever this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone! :)

platformnine 02-06-2010 08:42 AM

Haley - :hug: :C Give him a piece of your mind!

Jess72 - Welcome! I'm going snowboarding tomorrow morning and depending on how the snow is my parents are planning on throwing a party.

Ali - I'm sorry you're feeling down! You should talk to the people that are making your food choices hard so that they understand this is a choice you're making for yourself and you'd appreciate it if they would respect that and not force food on you. You don't have to eat what they tell you to eat, only you can tell yourself what to eat!

Still snowing here. The snow hit much later than it was supposed to, it came around 6ish instead of 3. But it looks gorgeous outside, I love it! And like a five year old I plan on going outside and playing in it! Hopefully the roads won't be too bad tonight because John needs to make his way to my house pretty late so we can all go boarding in the morning.

HaleyisLove 02-06-2010 08:58 AM

New Jess- Welcome... I'm sure by the superbowl I'll still be snowed in with my parents however I'm a big football fan so I'm excited...and I probably will eat like crap because being snowed in thats what you do

Ali- I'm sorry to hear that but your coworker sounds like a jerk.. is she 12? Honestly it is your life and you live it and she sounds like she wants to sabotage you... maybe lie and tell her its a financial thing and you are saving money for something important and that you pack your lunch because it is cheaper

Icon- that is super nice of you and it sounds like you had a fabulous day... also you're a master... I thought I was doing great things getting up at 6 for the gym

Feral- I saw the pictures of facebook...it looks delish... I think by weigh in on sunday I'm definitely dont going to be down 2.5 pounds...err... work out everyday and eat like crap :)

Jazz Jess- Sounds like a blast...however working 50 hours not sounding all that exciting...have fun dancing and drinking with the roomies... haha I booked my flight... I'll be in San Diego June 15th... Cant wait

Mary- I already made the head for my snowman :)

Feral 02-06-2010 10:07 AM

HAHAH Haley I was thinking the same thing for Ali - just say you can't afford to eat out every day!

Mary - sounds like so much fun! I would've played in it last weekend if I had someone to play with. I don't do well in the cold by myself. Have fun! Hope John gets there okay. Snowboarding sounds fun. I've never done it. Guess your birthday present is coming in handy!

I FOUND THE ELUSIVE WHOLE WHEAT DOUGH!!! I went to TJ's this morning (got there early so it wasn't UBER crowded). I'm so excited. Don't wanna make pizza right this minute, but I wanted it just to have on hand!!! HOORAY!!!

Now I have to go on the hunt for a cable to go from my laptop/ipod into my studio monitors. Maybe I'll do that later today since I just got back from that side of town. Didn't think about it until now.

fiveminutes 02-06-2010 11:54 AM

ugh. this is why jacksonville sucks. we don't get snow, there is no trader joe's here our closest whole foods is like 25-30 miles away. we don't even have a 7-11 here. not that i mind, personally i would prefer to have a wawa's. though, the last two weeks of february are going to be busy. going on tour and then new york the last weekend. oh, the road days, how i've missed you. does anyone else find that when they travel that your appetite goes way down, or is that just me? i notice that i usually only eat one meal a day, and i usually have to force that one. the only time i had an increased appetite was when i flew to australia, but then again, the airline keeps handing you food...

HaleyisLove 02-06-2010 12:13 PM

I tried to make a snow man but that almos killed me ...so I made a baby snowman..I had to widdle down a carrot and cut a hat off a stuffed animal and braid a shoelace for a scarf and I made a pipe out of a cork and stick... I would call myself bored or really creative
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...yhay/003-3.jpg
his super cute pipe I made
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...yhay/008-3.jpg
Black and white
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...yhay/012-2.jpg

fiveminutes 02-06-2010 12:21 PM

i'd say really creative. i never went that far with my snowmen. most of them were lucky if that got stick arms. lol

platformnine 02-06-2010 12:48 PM

Haley - Cute! I'm heading out now to make mine :)

Feral - I'm just going to pick him up in my dad's truck instead lol, and yeah I looooove my bday present haha :D I'm glad we get to go up again before the season is over, because after this I have no clue if we'll be able to go again or not.

Chele615 02-06-2010 01:12 PM

Haley ~ Definitely a creative baby snowman!!! Very cute! New England has been kind of banned from any snow this winter...which I'm pretty much ok with. But I wouldn't mind a big storm in the middle of March or something just to give us one snow day ;) I swear I look forward to snow days much more as a teacher than I ever did as a student.

I ended up sleeping in this morning and then going to the gym and riding the recumbent bike for 75 minutes. My knees have been sore lately because I've been upping my exercise and have gone pretty much everyday for 2 weeks. So I did more of a leisurely bike ride and read my book. I only stayed on as long as I did so that I could finish it. LOL

I am going shopping now with my mom and family friends. I am in search of some article of clothing that says "USA" on it in some way. One of the events we're going to at the Olympics has a US team competing there (curling), so I figured I should probably wear something to be supportive of my country, since everything else I plan on wearing has "CANADA" plastered all over it ;) LOL Wish me luck!

Feral 02-06-2010 01:16 PM

HALEY -- too cute!!! I saw a snowwoman the other day that had boobs and a pink scarf and hate on it and a sign sitting in front of it that said "Save the TaTas!" It was great!

Five - did I miss what you're on tour for? And yes, travel always makes me less hungry. In fact, I think it's just my parents house that makes me gain weight. I swear! LOL

I went to go have coffee with my old manager who I've kept in touch with. She's really awesome and I haven't seen her in FOREVER. She bought some of my old grooming blades from me which was cool cause she needed them and I don't ever use them so I made $25. Originally it was for 3 blades but I threw in the 4th cause I'm not gonna use it. Usually brand new blades are 20-30 bucks each. Her daughter is soooooo cute and I remember when she was pregnant with her. Good times.

I got an RCA cable to hook my laptop/ipod into my studio monitors. HOORAY!!!

P.S. It was snowing here all morning. Nothing was sticking thank goodness, but I am TIRED of it!!!
Parents just left to go to the movies so I can crank up the volume. I have to prep some stuff for my parents. They're making their homemade hot and sour soup tonight (OMG YUM!) and then it's DANCE PARTY TIME!

Air81 02-06-2010 02:13 PM

STUPID DIET IS OVER!!!!!

Currently eating lunchmeat, cheese and an apple with peanutbutter ;)

And though tomorrow is my official weigh in day, I am down to 188.6 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm more than 1/2 way!!!!!,!!!!!

Gotta go run (Read a textbook too) and go grocery shopping. Have a good day!

Jess7286 02-06-2010 02:52 PM

Oh man, CUTE snowman. I temporarily moved back to San Diego for 6 months from DC (but will be back there in August) and THANK GOODNESS I'm not there. 2 feet of snow in 3 hours. Ridiculous.

My friend is having a big Super Bowl party, so I'll go to that. We'll show how well I do with temptation there. Good microbrewery beers + chips + guac = my downfall.

Feral 02-06-2010 02:59 PM

Mikey *sigh <3* said they have just shy of 2 feet in the Harrisburg, PA area.

CRAZINESS!

You guys can have it... or you're more than welcome to hang out down here with me. It's cold, but there's no snow (well, there are a few patches here and there from last week LOL)

HaleyisLove 02-06-2010 03:05 PM

I'm totally over it... all I see is white... I'm now baking cookies... I'm hibernating...

I wanna see pictures of mikey lol