Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #211  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm the only one posting in here lately...LOL...that's OK, I have no problem talking to myself.

I am still sitting at 149.2 this morning (1/2 lb up from ticker weight as well as a 1/2 lb up from last Monday's weigh-in). Today is the 3rd day of TOM, though, so I'm thinking that I am holding on to at least a lb of water weight, b/c my eating and exercise have both been good this week.

I just cannot wait to see 147 on the scale. I want to get out of the 148-149 range so badly. I have a feeling that I'm going to be in the 140's for a while, which I don't like the idea of at all since I still have to get through the 130's and half of the 120's. Grrrrrr! I guess I should wait until TOM leaves before I get too frustrated, hmmm?

How is everybody else doing?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

Official weigh in Today... I am tippin the scale at 143.6.. Which once again is my lowest weight ever.. I have really changed my eating and I feel great.. I lost 5 lbs the first week of changing my eating habits and this week I lost 2.4lbs so also really good.. I want to be 140 before I hit the beach on our hot trip so I have a little ways to go.. However after being on a plateau forever it is nice to see the scale finally moving again.. woo woo... How is everyone else doing??

Nicole
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #213  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S200n, you are doing so well! I hope you make it to 140 by your "hot trip." BTW, what exactly does that mean? I assume it is a trip to a tropical location but I've never heard the term before. Where are you heading?

I am still sitting at 149.2 today. My body fat % has gone down a percentage point but still...stupid scale. My eating and exercise have been almost perfect. I should be losing something--maybe my TOM is screwing up the scale number. We'll see soon enough when it ends in a few days.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #214  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

I am back to my ticker weight as of this morning's weigh-in. Hooray for that! Now hopefully I will see a loss on the scale at this Monday's official weekly weigh-in.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #215  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lol, poor Bella, this thread has seen busier days!
It's okay, I'm here to pitch in commentary and encouragement now!

Nicole: CONGRATS! It looks like you're doing amazingly, and... gotta love seeing those "lowest ever" numbers. I know they always make me feel amazing. Keep at 'er!

Bella: Ohhh dear god. I think it may have been... 154. 154.1.... 154.4.... 154.0.... 154.3.... I was 154-point-something for like... two and a half weeks. And as someone who's blessed with a body that tends to drop pretty frequently in tiny increments EVERY DAY when I'm being really good and healthy... 2 and a half weeks at one number was a STALL.
I'm sure you've read about plateau breaking jazz, but just in case you haven't, I always throw these kinds of links at people, since they helped me.
Ironically, the plateau breaker that worked for me was the one I tried first because it struck me as being the most enjoyable. I was being perfection personified eating-wise, and working out religiously during my plateau... and the slightly scary plateau-breaking option I chose was a controlled binge. For ONE DAY, AND ONE DAY ONLY... I ate high-calorie junk that I wanted to eat. I still worked out... and the next day, I went back to my strict, low-calorie, good-food diet. The scale jumped up the next day due to excess sodium... and the day after, it moved back down below 154. (Thank GOD.)
I don't recommend this to people who have binging issues if there's a possibility that it'll be harder to go back to being good after a day of resting the diet... and if people aren't being really good about calorie-intake in the first place, this probably isn't wise either. But it COULD be worth a shot if your body's like mine?

Either way, it sounds like you've got a fabulous mindset. Keeping up with the working out, and being meticulous about what you're eating is great. The fact that you can pinpoint bad snacking habits shows a lot of self-awareness, and that's just what you need to make this happen for you! I wouldn't necessarily say NOT to have snacks at all... cutting out snacking usually makes me eat more at mealtimes... but maybe you can find lower-calorie options than chocolate covered ginger and cornchips? (Those sound awesome tho, btw. )

KEEP GOING! I'll hang around and post more often now, hehe.

As for me...:
I'm staying in this thread, 139 or not. I like it. And when I was in the 160s and 150s, I looked at the "getting out of the 130s" thread, and thought, "...pfft. WHINERS!" But I don't want to get out of the 130s anyhow, I think at 129 my body might start to protest a little. I'll get down to my goal of 135, then work on toning. If the weight drops off after that... cool. If my body's not meant to go lower than 130-135... that's fine too. Long as I look and feel good.

I'm 139.8 as of this evening.. usually I drop to a lower number in the morning. I have no idea why I decided to weigh myself arbitrarily this evening. Boredom after my long-distance boyfriend went to bed, probably. I've been very very good in the past week and a half about going to the gym, and limiting my calorie-intake, and the scale (which had been creeping ever-higher up back towards 144-145 for a few weeks) has now settled back down and is creeping in a direction that I much prefer.

I'm going to Florida with the family in a little under two weeks, and I went bikini shopping the other day. Talk about a scarring experience. I chose the WORST people to go with, too. A size 2 and a size 6. It was like asking for someone to fire a blow at my self-esteem. Their dressing room opinions seemed marred by the fact that my brain kept spinning around the fact that they're probably not used to seeing this much fat on a human body, having themselves as comparisons.
I mean. I've hit the point where no one would look at me and say, "Wow, she's FAT," I'm now just in that touchy area in between "normal" (A size 8-10 in my mind) and "a bit chubby" (size 12-14).
But I bought a bikini! And I mean... who am I trying to impress in Florida? I'll never see those people again. So, despite going with my size -1 sister in law, I fully intend to WEAR that damned bikini and get some sun on my translucent stomach. Any whiter and you could probably see the food going into my stomach through the skin. Eesh.

Last edited by Jelbb; 02-12-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Well ladies I just want to see bye .... I weight today at 138.6 ....

130's will be waiting for everyone ......

See you there girls....
Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

Aww Jelbb, You have nothing to worry about I am sure you will look fine in your bikini.. And from your avatar you are a very very pretty girl so again nothing to worry about. I ordered 4 bikinis off of Victoria Secret.. They are waiting for me at my home in Regina and I hope they fit.. I absolutely love bikinis but I have never felt comfortable in them. I plan on wearing one on our hot trip in two weeks. I want to be around 140 by then.. Today I weighed in at 142.. once again lowest weight every.. It has been a slow week in the weight loss department but that is definitly because my body is adjusting.. I am not too worried... Also I like the 140's thread too.. We rock...

Nicole
Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Hey ladies.
Well. I fell of the wagon. Hard. I'm back up somewhere around 144, after being briefly at 140.8. Being stuck inside during the snow storms has wrecked havoc on my eating. and i sprained the heck out of my ankle today. walking is an effort. But, no more excuses, things happen. Im getting back on track. Hopefully after TOM (which starts next week) and other such bloat is cut out, the damage won't be as bad as i think it is.
We can do it ladies!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #219  

I just wanted to report that i was fully back on the wagon today!
My sprained ankle isn't as bad as it was last night, but I still can't really walk too far. So i'm taking it slow. But food was spot on today!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #220  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Well today I weighed in at 145.2lb so I'm halfway through. Yay! I'm hoping I will get into the 130's within the next month. I've been losing at a really good pace since I started on January 1st but I have a feeling my weight loss is going to start slowing down to a crawl. This week I only lost 0.8lb but at least I'm still losing.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #221  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone, I've been gone for like 3 weeks. I injured myself a little during exercise and then got sick and had to take it real easy. I weighed myself today, though, and am happy to report that I haven't gained a single thing in that time.

So now I'm at 142.4, and can't wait to get out of the 140's. For some reason, I have a very different mindset between the 130s and 140s -- the 140s include when I was at my highest weight (148) but the 130s seem a whole lot better! I haven't been in the 130s since high school (and I'm 22 now, heh).
Old 02-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #222  

Good Morning Ladies!
Well, TOM is over, and I'm back down to 141.6 (possibly less, I still feel a smidge bloated, but I'll take what I can get). After totally thinking I bombed out my diet, it's really encouraging to see that the damage wasn't so bad. I'm excited to keep pushing onward.
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #223  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning JadeBlue! Hey, what do you know, I weighed in at 141.6 exactly today too. We're almost out of the 140s! Let's do it!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 145/143/119

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies!
I definitely belong in this thread And I'll be around for a couple of months, I suspect.
I started my weight loss effort last week at 145 lb and my first WI will be Tuesday (fingers crossed).
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #225  
I will make time!!!

Hi everyone. I havn't been in here for almost half a year, becuase of my internet access, but anyway...

I've been floating around 147-148. But I will get down to the 130's sometime in the near future. It's nice to be back here.

I hope to be outta here in two months, I can't wait to get to that major goal!

Good luck, Catarinacat!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 02-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Closed Thread