Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #241  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I think I'm at my first plateau in this weight loss journey. I've been hovering around 150 for two weeks now. 150.6 to 149.7 to 150.5 to 149.5. It's getting frustrating, lol. Normally I lose very steadily, so this is kind of frustrating to me. I knew I'd slow down a bit as I got to the last 10lbs, but I didn't want to stall completely

My unofficial official weigh in is on Thursday. Hopefully I'll be more solidly in the 140's. Unfortunately, my TOM is about a week away, and I always get raging munchies. So far I haven't gone off plan, but it makes it harder.

Weight loss is getting tedious, I'm ready to just maintain. And I realize that the lifestyle is more or less the same, I'm just tired of waiting on the number to go down, I want to maintain it, lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Hey Ladies. You all seem to being doing so good!
mkendrick, I know the feeling. Plateaus suck. Maybe try maintaining for a bit and then jump back in?

As for me, I've been pretty busy with work lately, so I haven't been posting. I've been hanging right around 143 again and I have been so bloated. I can always tell when it's a bloat day because my eyelids get puffy. And it's been like a bloat week. I've been eating a lot of miso soup, which has way more sodium than I'm use to. But cold makes me want to eat warm things.
My ankle is getting better, but still sore. I'm afraid to push it and make it worse, because I'm pretty sure I already did that once. Any suggestions to work out with out using my legs? I have some free weights, but I can never get my heart rate up with just them. I'm hoping to start using the treadmill again as soon as my ankle is better, and hopefully by the time it's nice out I can run outside.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #243  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

CANADIA!!! Hey honey! Long time no see!!! Good to have ya back. And kudos on getting a boy who doesn't care about the weight... even if you do. I'm in the same boat. He doesn't seem to care much. But I do. And I can't help but compare myself to all of the girls who hang out in his group of friends, and... good lordie. They're all very tanned, very blonde, and very thin. Eugh.

Okay. It's crunch time. I'm back to being a good girl, and posting on the forums, and working my *** off on losing some more weight. I just got back from a trip to Disney World with the family, and holy mother of god did I ever eat garbage food... Absolutely awful.
I couldn't help it, though. There is a bakery in the Disney Marketplace that has cupcakes that look like they come straight out of a cartoon. The icing is higher than the cupcake itself. And they taste freaking awesome.

My boyfriend's moving to Canada (from Ireland) for a year in late April (SO EXCITED!!!!), so that gives me good motivation to get to the gym, get my butt in gear, and get this weight off.

I'm re-weighing in tomorrow. I have NO idea how much I gained while I was away, but I was still teetering around 142 before, I believe... I won't be surprised to see myself over 145, but I will be crushed.

I was alright today tho. Counted my calories... I overate a little, but... the "overeating" was eating some frozen mango that I shouldn't have, so... I can't beat myself up too much, it could've been worse. Still, tomorrow is back to the beginning. See ya all lots in the near future.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #244  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

Hi Everyone! I've have weighed in at 149.5 for four days straight here, so I'm joining in! I think I will be here for a LOOOONG time because I have NEVER weighed less that 140, and my ultimate goal is 138. Since I'm 5'10" this could be a looong journey. Right now, I'm just very excited about getting under 145 and toning up. I wish I could afford to get a really high-tech body fat analysis. I know that my fat percentage is higher than my BMI implies. !!!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #245  
Queen Yo-yo

Hey Angela! Welcome, and congrats on being solidly in the 140s!!!!!

As for myself, I finally sucked it up and weighed in. I'm breathing again. I'm 144.2 lbs. Don't get me wrong, that's NOT a number that I like to see, but... there's something about being over 145 that actually UPSETS me after having worked so hard to get under it. Besides, I'm at the very beginning of my TOM, so.. lord knows I'm retaining water. I expect that in about a week of being perfectly healthy, a few lbs will drop off easily.

Here's to today being perfect health-wise! Gonna try to head to the gym tonight after work.

... no, I'm not going to "try," I am going to go to the gym tonight after work. PLAN. Will check in on how it went!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Oh my goodness you are all so amazing.
I just started again (after a 2 year break) on this website and this is exactly what I was looking for!

I haven't started working out consistently....yet. Just a few days here and there but do hope to start tomorrow after work. You are all so motivating. I am starting at 146 and knowing others are trying to break out of the 140s will definitely help. Looking forward to it!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #247  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

Whoo hoo!! 141 today!! I see the 130's coming soon!!!

Can't stop now!!! .... getting SOOOO CLOSE!!!
GO! GO! GO!!!!

Last edited by SpinQueen; 03-04-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

I weighed in at 140.5 today. I am sooo close!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

>.< I've been off target this week. So bad.. Anyways, my break is starting.

Two friends of mine are trying to lose weight so we're starting a contest to band together to lose weight. I'm attempting to get down to 141, my lowest weight ever. I signed up with stickK, meaning that if I don't lose at least one pound a week now, $45 (total) will go to a cause I do not support at all... I value my money and let me simply say that I'm excited to be back on track....again.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #250  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Ahhhhh, I'm finally on more firm ground in the 140's. I weighed 148.2lbs this morning. I was having a little plateau between 150.5 and 149.5 for a few weeks. Hopefully I'm out of that!

This thread doesn't entirely apply to me since I'm not trying to say sayonara to the 140's, lol. The moment I see 140, I'm switching to maintenance mode.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #251  
Samantha417

Hi everyone! I weighed in at 149.2 this morning (and 149.6 before hopping in the shower yesterday haha) So I'm joining in!! I'll probably be here ...forever because my main goal weight is 140, and I've only gone under 140 once in my life and that was when i partially didn't eat at all...so i'm being realistic.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #252  
Queen Yo-yo

teacher25:
How'd the gym go? Welcome to 3FC! It really can be awesomely motivating, this place...! Hang around!

SpinQueen:
Well done!!! Keep at it, you're so close!!!!!

RynKay:
Eeee!!! So close, too!! Keep going girls!

loquacious:
Wow, that's a really interesting motivator! That's awesome! What cause would the money go to that you don't support?

mkendrick:
Ahh, this thread still totall applies to you. A lot of people who are around your height are only aiming for 140ish, and most of us aren't going too much further.... so this is definitely the right place for you.
Way to go on being more firmly in the 140s, though!! Such a great feeling, eh?

Sam:

And as for me...
I weighed 143.6 this morning! Love seeing that drop after only a day of being good eating and working-out wise. It's very motivating to keep myself going.
Tho, I must say, the gym was a bust due to the most moronic issue--- This may be "too much info" so STOP READING NOW if you tend to get offended easily....

But I was running on the treadmill, and my uh... monthly feminine product started to come out. SO uncomfortable. I only lasted 20 minutes on the treadmill before I was just too uncomfortable to keep going! And I was tired and it was after work, and... by the time I got back down to the locker room, I was just like, "...I'm going home to bed."

But anyhow, I'm uber motivated to keep this number going down!
My Irish boy's gonna be here in 47 days (April 21st) and I'm DETERMINED to be solidly under 140. I keep dipping into the high 130s, but my body just seems so happy at about 142... I keep bouncing back up to around there when I'm not being absolutely perfect eating and working-out-wise (with the exception of my weight spiking after my week away at Disney World up to 144!).

Time to kick ***....
Old 03-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #253  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

omg Jelbb .. that is nuts!! I can see that being very uncomfortable! I would of hauled a$$ outta there & went home too!!

I'm not weighing again until next week ... I tend to get scale possessive lol
All I know is, after running 4+ miles everyday this week, then spinning Tuesday & today for 60 minutes - I BETTER be out of the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crossing fingers!!!!! but oh god, forgot ... hubby got a new grill & I know he will use it this weekend!!!! Reckon I can do grilled chicken instead of the burgers I know he is going to cook!!! ugh!!!!!!! lol
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Jelb, look at it this way. You did 20 minutes! Anything is better than nothing.

I'm pretty sure I've hit a plateau. The scale hasn't really gone down since the beginning of february. I've been bouncing around 142 and 143, with one dip to 140.8. My ankle is still hurting, so i haven't been able to really work out. But as soon as it's better, i'm starting running again. The weather is just starting to warm up, which gets me motivated. And my boyfriend has started to run again (he ran track in high school) which is pushing me to keep up. Having him jump on the get healthier band wagon is really helpful, because when I eat junk, it's usually what ever he's eating. I hope that will be the push I need to get out of this stall.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

So I am back from Cuba!!
It was fantastic.. But talk about carb overload... I gained a bunch of weight back.. But I know I will get on track next week.. I was 142 the week before I left for Cuba and 145 the day I left.. I am 147 right now.. So a 2 pound gain which is amazing when I think back to all the fries and pasta I ate. Not to mention all the rum punch, bahama mama's and pina colada's I drank.. Oh well tomorrow is a new week.. 139 here I come!!!!!
Closed Thread