Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #61  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies Im just checkin in...I had a rough weekend in New York last wk. Well it wasnt rough because the city is beautiful but I gained about 3lbs from eating and drinking all dayum day...lol!!!
I am currently back down to 144 and even saw 143 today...yeppie!!! But I dont count it unless its on my Wednesday weigh in!!! Im still on track to get down to 140 by the end of Jan. I know what it feels like to be in the 130's so Im anxious to get there but I want to do it slowly so I can maintain it.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 155/*see ticker*/115

Height: 5'2

finally! this whole week, ive been dropping like .2 lbs a day, then overnight i lost .8? haha im not complaining! Still want to be 145 by New Years. But I would actually prefer to be more like 144...I guess we'll see!

Good losses everyone! Hopefully we'll all continue losing
Old 12-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #63  

Day two of 143 and some change!!! I can taste 140 maybe it will come sooner then I expected. I dont want to jinx it but Ill know for sure on weigh in wednesday.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #64  

^Good job! I just can't wait until I'm under 145...

147.6 today. I have until next friday to be at my New Years goal of 145. Definitely do-able!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Hi ladies. Mind if I jump in? This seems like such a wonderful thread.
I'm hoping to be under 145 by New Years, even after the parties.
I'm really nervous about 142/141. That's always where I seem to hit a plateau. But this time it will not discourage me.
This morning I got on the scale and I went from 148 to 146. Goodbye water weight!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

S200n we're the exact same weight and height! 145.4 and 5.5!
I would really LOVE to be down to 139 by sometime in January..it feels amazing, I've been there before.
You girls are all getting so low! Good work!

Since we're all about the same weight..I'm going to ask you girls your advice. I find that even when I'm working out and eating well I can't get below 135lbs..my goal is 125 but I'm not sure how attainable that is. Do you guys believe in the whole 'set point' thing..like maybe we're supposed to weight about 140? Thanks!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #67  

I believe in the set point, to a point. I think our bodies have levels where they like to be at, or need to stop at and adjust before anything else can happen. Like recharging the batteries before it can go any further.
What do you guys think?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #68  

^^^My plateau is right around 140-143. You just have to start doing something different once you get there. Totally shock your body into doing something that its not used to. I went from 140-134 a few summers ago doing a boot camp class. I wasnt in school or working at the time so I had time to go everyday and my body completely did a 360!!! I dont know if Ive ever been below 135 but I was at 134 for a few months then stayed btwn 135-140 when I slowed down on boot camp. But introduce a new work out or tweak your diet....you will get there
Thanks iwannalose92!!!! I want to be in the 30s so bad I can taste it : )
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #69  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

wfonseca:
Hmmm. Well, a lot of people swear by monthly weigh-ins, because they can't take the ups and downs of daily weigh-ins. I've been weighing in daily for so long that... I really tend to take small increases and decreases in stride. Which isn't to say that I don't get frustrated with small increases, but... I always try to remind myself that none of us gained this weight in a completely linear fashion... and we won't lose it that way, either!

When you say you "ate a little more," did you take into account how much more sodium you took in? Because eating a "little bit more" of something that has tonnes of sodium in it can make the scale react as though you've eaten a LOT more. A 230 calorie bag of chips makes my body, and the scale, react as though I ate an entire cake. Or cow. I get very bloated with sodium!

iwannalose:
Well, for the first few weeks of the weight-loss efforts, most people lose a significantly higher amount of weight, just because the body's in a bit of shock. From my experiences, though, the body tends to do its damnedest to level out and stay at a constant number.
But it's a journey and not a sprint! Just keep plugging away at it, and the numbers may go down SLOWLY, but as long as they're still heading down, what have you got to worry about!?

Icon:
CONGRATS!!! Just keep swimming...!

s200n:
Ahhh, a fellow Canadian who feels my cold and snowy pain! The motivation really does die at this time of year, doesn't it!?
I know it sucks not to see a loss after that week, but... look at what you just did! You more or less maintained for a whole week! I know it doesn't seem like something worth celebrating when you're dying for a loss, but... it would have been VERY easy for you to drop everything and allow yourself to gain. And the fact that you're working hard enough to not allow that to happen... it tells me that you're gonna keep at it until you hit that 139. And we'll all be here to celebrate with you when you do!

bablou:
You've got a really healthy view of getting down into the 130s, and I think it's fabulous that you want to get there slowly, and STAY there, instead of racing down to it with a crash diet, then feeling crushed when it doesn't stay off! Kudos to you!

Jade:
Of COURSE, jump in! The more the merrier! Good luck with all of your goals!

Lisa:
I agree with Jade... I believe in a set point... to a point. I think that there are threads on this forum where people talk about making it to a size 2, and how they've "never been there." Well, maybe some day they will. But as for ME... my ribcage alone would not fit into something that's a size 2, even if there wasn't a millimeter of fat on it! Everyones' bodies are different, and it's unrealistic to expect that there is a perfect size, or a perfect number.

I don't necessarily think that there's a specific, and only ONE number that you're SUPPOSED to be at, just.. a number that you can maintain healthily at. If you get down to a goal weight where you're eating 1,200-1,400 calories a day consistently and getting exercise in, and you're STILL having trouble maintaining at all... then maybe it's time to reconsider what's a healthy, manageable weight for your body.

I think it's possible that at ALMOST 5'4" (5'3" and 3/4, lol)... my body could function happily and healthily at 130 or so. But I don't want to force myself to that point as a GOAL weight, if I'm not sure whether it's manageable or not. So, instead I shoot a bit higher, and figure... I'll reevaluate logically once I get down to that weight. What it comes right down to is that... the number itself means very little to me. It's how I look and feel when I get there, you know?

Me:
GOD, am I ever full of rambles today, eh? I'll try to be a little more succinct here.
Alright, so I had a weekend filled with tonnes of beer, greasy drunken 3 am pizza, morning-after hangover breakfasts of bacon, eggs, homefries and buttery toast, and.... I am neither surprised nor overly dismayed to discover that I'd gained a pound. Honestly, if I hadn't, I would've had to go out and buy a new scale. I don't really regret any of it, I had a festive, and awesomely drunken BLAST with my friends down in Toronto, and I'd do it again!

So from 141.6, I'm back up to 142.6, a number I greet with a shrug, and a "Yeah, that sounds about right."
I'm being very realistic with the holiday season, and am aiming for a loss of a pound a week until the week of Valentine's day. A very relaxed schedule, but I'm not heart-brokenly crushed with my weight or appearance right now, so... losing slowly and steadily sounds good to me!

Schedule:
Week 1 (Dec 13-19): 144 lbs
Week 2 (Dec 20-26): 143 lbs
Week 3 (Dec 27-Jan 2): 142 lbs
Week 4 (Jan 3-9): 141 lbs

I'm already at 142.6, so. Ahead of schedule, huzzah.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I am so happy today.... well I still doing me daily WI an today i weight at 145.8 I cant not belive it. After been at 150.2 last monday .
Now just 0.8 more , and then try to keep it until january.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

wfonseca3017 congrats!! I'm so happy for you that's great!! Good work
Jade and Jelbb I think your both right that it set point does work to a point. I do look good and feel fit at around 135..so I probably need to accept that i'll never be a size two!

bablou: thanks for the advice you do have a healthy view at making it towards your goal weight!

I had two parties this weekend and I didn't overeat or binge at either of them (a problem for me) so I felt good about that. I also got my workouts in and met two cute guys!! Good weekend.
Jelbb I live downtown Toronto, small world

I'm ranting on..but I checked my BMI and found out it's 23.8..which made me feel a lot better about not being at my goal weight.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Lisa T can I live in toronto two . Around Weston and 401.

Wow girls I will be happy in a size 6 . I was thinking the another day , I may move my goal to 135 , and them star working in the body fat thing. I am not sure yet , I will see as I get closer to my goal .
I think 125 is to low for me , I almost on my 30's , 29 right now , 10 years married , and three kids 9, 3 and 3 months. ( Thas why 6 will be perfect).
Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

Morning Guys,

Well I had a rough weekend but it definately could have been worse. I couldnt weight in this morning because I didnt have my scale with me where I was staying so I will have to see the damage tomorrow morning.. LisaTcan That's crazy we are so Samzies... lol.. I know why I am not losing, I dont exercise.. I know I can get down in to the 130's but I just have to get my butt on a treadmill.. I am saving that for the new year.. Jelbb you guys got quite a little snow out there this weekend?? It was so cold the last two weeks in Saski but it has warmed up so I am happy..

Nicole

Last edited by s200n; 12-21-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #74  

I've decided I'm only going to weigh in once a week. I'm back up to 148 today, and I was like devastated. But, I haven't gone off my plan for even one day in the past 2 weeks, and if I keep beating myself up about .2 lb increments, I'm gonna go crazy! So once a week from now on

And like...even though I only lost one pound this week, in the past two I've lost 5 1/2 pounds! So that kinda puts it in perspective for me I'll get down eventually, like Jelbb said it's not a sprint I'm in this one for the long haul!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #75  

Hello Ladies.
LisaTcan that is an awesome BMI. It's solidly in healthy.
Jelbb and s200n damage happens. We're all human. You guys seem to have a pretty good handle on the reality of losing weight and having a social life. Congrats. That's hard to do some times.

I think I'd like to be a size 4 or 6. At my skinniest after I lost a bunch a weight in high school I was a size 5. That felt pretty good. I also think my ribcage is too ginormous for anything smaller than that.

So I recently got a job working in a vets office. It's a lot more physical activity for a job than I've ever had before. It's way more strenuous than I ever thought it would be. Which is a sense is really nice, but it also leaves me too tired to work out when I get home. I think for the time being it'll be days off only exercises. Digging out of the snow was fun. At least the puppy loved it.
When did you guys add your exercising in? Or when did you ramp it.
Got on the scale this morning and it read 145.75. Nice to see. I know it won't last long, because I'm expecting TOM any minute now, but it's good to know it'll be there waiting for me when the week is over.
Closed Thread