Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I weighed myself this morning and I was 146.8! A little high in the 146's for my comfort, but I'll take it for now.

forestroad: I love biking too. I only like to exercise outside, and I think biking is the most fun way to do it. I live in a really hilly area, too, and I ride a single-speed, so every ride is pretty intense.

Jelbb: My brother's the same way re: cast iron stomach. He's trying to eat healthier, but he says sometimes the fast food cravings are too much. Of course, he's 5'11" and only 136 lbs, so he can eat all the fast food he wants.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #137  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

Ella13- I bought a couch for my apartment to celebrate. I was actually going to do that anyway, but somehow it felt very celebratory when I did it yesterday.

As for me, I am holding steady at 147.8. This is actually good, cuz I've been pretty bad the last two days. Tuesday I baked two batches of muffins, one for a meeting I had with my neighbors and landlord and then other for my mother to take with her when she visited Wednesday. Naturally, I had to try the muffins before I let other people eat them . . .

Wednesday I was couch shopping with my mom and she took me out to lunch. Thai Food. Mmmmmmmmmmm. I also may have had another muffin.

So anyway, I was actually happy to get on the scale this morning and see it hadn't moved. And today I am spending the day hemming my new curtains, and I will have no reason to eat muffins or thai food, so hopefully I will see a loss tomorrow.

Last edited by RubyGuggenheim; 08-06-2009 at 08:51 AM.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #138  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

145.5 at the gym yesterday, and I've not been very good recently either. Went to the demolition derby yesterday at the county fair and had fair food that may or may not have included a fried oreo. This morning I was at a memorial service for a coworker's nephew who was killed on Saturday in a car crash; he was only 18 just graduated from high school, and after that was over I just wanted to eat comfort food, so I had a BLT and a cane sugar soda. That was on top of a breakfast sandwich for breakfast which I had bc I woke up late and didn't have time to cook my own breakfast. So tonight I'm going to try to just have a smoothie...I just feel like I really need something light and fresh in my diet, or I'm gonna enter a grease coma. I'm not used to all this fried food; I had fries on Tuesday night too.

Last edited by forestroad; 08-06-2009 at 01:38 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Jelb- Glad you wont be sick, good luck on your exam!

Ruby- Awesome to get a new couch! I need a new one, but that is NOT what I would pick for a reward. Give me a hot pair of heels any day over something practical, someday I will need to grow up.

Forestroad- sounds like we have all been down the bad eating road recently, you're not alone!

Oy, yesterday was bad.......I did run and ride my bike to work but my boss took my work group out to breakfast and I ate a giant chipotle burrito for dinner, not super healthy but today was better, didn't run but I did ride my bike, hoping to see some downward movement on the scale! Now I am watching the so you think you can dance finale, go Jeanine!
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #140  
Master Water Retainer

ella13- I've actually been couchless, and for some reason I feel like the unabomber with only an armchair in my living room, so it's been pressing on my mind heavily. It's being delivered today before noon, and I'm REALLY excited!

Ugh, still at 147.8 this morning. Realistically, I know it's a good place to be, since 9 days ago I was at 150.5 and a week ago I was at about 153, but it's still frustrating to see the exact same number on the scale every morning.

I should probably suck it up and go jogging even though I'm still afraid of this city. Or I should go to the gym, which is a mere two blocks from my apartment (but my student membership doesn't kick in for another three days, so I'd have to pay $7).

Last edited by RubyGuggenheim; 08-07-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #141  
Master Water Retainer

Ohhh man, I am on the warpath this morning. Not only did I go up .4 lbs despite being PERFECTLY on plan the last two days (including low sodium), but I deeply sliced the tip of my index finger while cutting bread for breakfast half an hour ago. I'm annoyed.

Anyway, my brother's going to be here for the day today, and normally I would be happy but dreading it food-wise since I can't seem to control myself around him, but instead I'm just gonna go with the flow and, without binging, eat whatever I want. Maybe that will be the metabolism boost my body needs to start losing again.

Sigh.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #142  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

148 this morning...down one pound from last week. Yeay! How's everyone else doing today? Something funny: there were 140 posts in this 140s thread just now!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #143  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Canadia:
Hope you've stayed in the 146.-somethings, or gone lower!

Ruby:
I know you're annoyed today, but I've gotta say... your unabomber comment make me crack up. Love it, lol
Sorry you cut yourself (ouch!!), and your weight is being a pain in the ***...! Don't stress, things'll turn around. I agree, be good-ish eating-wise with your bro, but don't be uber restrictive, and chances are your weight will turn around with a bit of a metabolism kick.

Ella:
Thanks for the good luck wishes! Don't stress about ONE bad dinner, it happens... it'll happen in the future too. You can't expect to never eat a burrito again! But I'm sure all the exercising will work out weight-loss-wise for the better.

Stringbean:
Good job on being down a lb, that's fantastic!!!!

And as for me...
Confession: I ate an entire container of shortbread cookies.
My girl friend whose couch I was crashing on was home in Nova Scotia last week, and her neighbour made her a tonne of shortbread cookies to bring back to Ontario. Buuut, my friend wouldn't eat them because they were too sweet for her. SO not a problem for me. I actually was pretty good portion-control-wise... I only had one or two at a time. But one or two a few times a day from Wednesday to Saturday resulted in my eating all but one cookie, eep!
I also had Kraft Macaroni and Cheese on Thursday, and ate a hamburger and fries on Friday night.
Other than that tho... my calories weren't atrocious. They were anywhere from 1,200 to 1,800 a day, and I tried to make sure that I wasn't stuffing myself to the brim. I bought a bag of salt & vinegar "crispers" on Wednesday, and didn't finish them until Saturday afternoon, snacking lightly when I felt a bit hungry, instead of binging all weekend long and finishing it up in one sitting. Yesterday, I went to Subway TWICE because friends wanted to go there, and I didn't have the heart to tell them I'd gone there for lunch already... But both times I got 6-inch subs, the calories for lunch AND dinner only adding up to about 700, making my overall day super low-calorie, despite eating out and being away from home.

And this morning... I was 146.0. Seriously, not bad, not bad at all, for a weekend away with two exams, tons of stress, and a container of cookies...! I'm going back to being perfectly on-plan, and hopefully the weekend of "normal" (unhealthy) eating will have shocked my metabolism enough to make it respond to my healthy way of eating here at home! I just really can't wait to see a number in the 145s or 144s... I'm so close to no longer being "overweight"!

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-09-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #144  
There Is No Wagon

Jelbb- I am so excited to see you hit those low 140s!! Hopefully your exam numbers will be awesome too

I won't be checking in for a couple of days as I'll be on a bike trip with my dad, but keep up the good work everyone! Ruby, it seems like you have some exciting stuff going on in your life right now, so don't let some stupid numbers get you down...you know they'll start going down again soon

I've been trying to eat intuitively, and then tallying my calories at the end of the day, and it's been going pretty well so far. Each day I seem to come in between 1600-1700 calories, which is about what my organs need to survive, so hopefully the extra stuff i"m burning throughout the day is coming off in fat Will let you guys know when I'm back at the gym/civilization Wednesday. Hopefully by then I'll feel like moving my ticker, as last week I had a couple of days at 145-146...

Last edited by forestroad; 08-09-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 150/148/123

Height: 5'4

well i am pushing 150. my weight is always so up and down. i stopped weighing myself. I know im in the 140s though.

i was thinking i would keep track with inches. thats all i really care about. I have a big mid section, the rest of my body is fine really. I just want to get rid of my apple shape.

right now i have a 39 inch waist, 38 inch hips, i am 5'4 and i weigh 148. HELP! i look a mess, such a waste of a potentially cute body.

Last edited by WisdomFlower; 08-10-2009 at 02:23 AM.
WisdomFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #146  
There Is No Wagon

Wisdom- First of all, you are not a waste of a body! I would kill for 38" hips; that's like my goal here; I'm sure you will find some great support. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

After hitting a 2 week plateau, due to calorie complications and eating too little, I'm finally losing again thanks to the 7-day calorie cycle (zig zag) diet. Slowly getting there...I weighed in at 142 this morning. I'm hoping to be out of the 140's by the beginning of September. I FEEL FANTASTIC!

Last edited by rblace87; 08-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

well a summer of not really counting calories, and spending way to much time enjoying summer patios, my weight has yo yo-ed a little. In the middle of July I found myself at 152 lbs- oh my. With my pants fitting a tad snug, I got back in gear. Last Monday I was down to 145.0 , and today I'm sitting at 143.0, so a two lb loss. I know that I will be in the 130's for September!

Wisdom, you and I are hip twins- My body is weird I have a 29 inch waist but good ol mothering hips at 38 inches!
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #149  

Hi everyone im new!

I weigh 149 lbs and i want to be 132!

I was 158 and over 4 weeks lost lbs!

I hope this thread can help me!

I am basically eating 1200 calories a day and excercising i really want to start JM30DS but i havnt got round to it!

I hope this thread can help me and its ok if i join!
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #150  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Elise:
Ah, see, that is the way to go! Eating intuitively is a great way to start maintaining... because god knows we don't want to have to calorie obsess for the rest of our lives...!
Thanks for the kind words about my exams and such, I'm praying for decent numbers too! I get my grades back on the 21st, so I'll keep you updated as to how I did.
Have fun away this weekend!!!

Wisdom:
Hey honey, welcome to the gang! We're more than happy to have you!
I think focusing on your body shape is a REALLY healthy thing to do, so kudos! Keep at 'er, and check in with us lots!

rblace:
Eee, congrats on getting the scale moving again! How many calories have you been eating a day out of curiosity?

Natalie:
Kudos!!! God, I wish I could say that! I can't wait to be in the 130s! Die, plateau, die!

Romana:
Welcome, honey! Congrats on the weight lost so far! Keep working your booty off! Hope to see you around lots!

And as for me....
146.0. Again. *sigh*

Hmm. Zig-zagging...
I'm never insanely stringent about my 1,200-1,400 calorie intake, I just aim for somewhere in around there, and I just kinda figured it would be doing a little zig-zagging of its own anyhow, because I'm so approximate. But to be honest, I do tend to overshoot my estimations if I don't know how many calories are in something... the frozen Chicken Korma meals I eat every once in a while have almost 400 calories in them. But I pour out a lot of the sauce, because they give you too much, and I like rice with sauce ON it, not sauce with rice drowning in it. That being said... I still count it as 400 calories. When I eat something junky, I'm much more likely to be like, "Oh, that was 500 calories. Better not snack later," than to estimate lower, and risk being wrong. Maybe I'm eating fewer calories than I think....

Maybe I should try a 7-day zig-zag calorie diet and try to be a bit more specific about what I'm eating calories-wise...?

Oh, and as of this morning, I'm a LITTLE bit thrilled, in the most horrible kind of way. It's always been my illogical thought process that.... a daughter should be thinner than her mother. Simply based on the fact that my mother had two kids, and is middle aged... and I've had 0 kids, and am 22...
So, a few years back, when my weight shot up to 176, and my mother's shot down to 133 (from 190), I felt horrible. My mother bought new clothes, she was thin and basked in the glory of her weight loss... and I... was not. I envied her. I was happy for her, but very jealous.
Now... I don't enjoy the fact that my mother's gained weight back. In fact, I worry about her self-esteem, because she's been weight obsessed for as long as I can remember. Her self-worth is as tied to her weight as mine, which is unhealthy, but...normal for us. And my mom's back up to 147, and she's clearly unhappy. She weighed herself on my scale this morning after I mentioned that I was down to 146... Granted, she's 5'6.5", and I'm 5'3.75"... I'm still bigger. But a TINY part of me feels like, "thank god I'm no longer huge compared to my mother," even if it is just number-wise...
I know my mom can take the weight off, she's done it before. And her sister (my aunt) just asked if she wants to train for a marathon with her (my mom's a fitness instructor, it's not an unrealistic goal). I'm hoping she goes for it, and it helps take the weight off!

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote