3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #91
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I can't waaaaaait for TOM to be over. And I haven't gotten on the scale! I'm being good. Not perfect eating-wise... had some mid-range calorie days. 1,500ish... I blame the TOM cravings. But I'm staying off the scale until Friday, like I pleged! *hand over heart*

That's so weird that you're probably ovulating or something now. The pill totally messes with your system, eh? 'Specially when you're like me and go on and off it all the time, lol.

Guh. I hope Friday brings good news. If I'm back up in the 150s... I may cry, lol. But I DID do the first stage of C25K today...!

__
Back to the beginning again, but trying to make it a lifestyle change instead of a crash-calorie-counting obsession. Journey #1: Lost 40 lbs, then gained 50.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-30-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #92

S/C/G: 160/153/130

I'd like to join you ladies, if I can. I've been stuck at 147 for roughly 3 weeks, and I'm sick of it! My goal is to be 139 by the end of August. I have Poly-cystic Ovarian Disease, so sometimes it can be tough to lose weight. But I know I've lost 11 pounds so far, so I can certainly lose 8 more! It's all a matter of will power.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #93
Queen Yo-yo

Hey honey! You're MORE than welcome! Elise and I have been the only consistent contributors to this thread for a while now! (It's so awkward, cause we don't really like each other very much. )

I like your 139 by the end of August goal! I want to be at 135 by September 8th (not likely....), so I'll aim for it with ya!

My best friend has Poly-cystic ovaries too, so I know a bit about what you're struggling with. Way to go on losing 11 lbs so far!!!

__
Back to the beginning again, but trying to make it a lifestyle change instead of a crash-calorie-counting obsession. Journey #1: Lost 40 lbs, then gained 50.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #94

Thank you, Jelbb! I've been reading your back comments on this thread because our weights and heights are pretty much the same. I love the pictures in your sig. You've inspired me to work hard for that 139!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #95
Queen Yo-yo

Lol, oh jesus, don't listen to anything I say; who the **** knows what I'm talking about.

And thanks! That's my little "look at me" picture montage.

And you and me can inspire each other to get down to the 130s! I think Elise is probably only aiming for 140-145 and maintaining there, as she has boobs still, and would like to keep them...

__
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #96
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Canadia! Yeah, as Jelbb said I'm not the best motivator for getting out the 140s, since I'm kinda enjoying it here, so I'm glad there's someone else around to take up the mantle.

Jelbb- your new avatar is amaaaaazzzzing!!!!
140 by my birthday, November 26: Achieved 9/03
New goal: 135 by Halloween--Achieved 10/31!

Find grace in your strength, and strength in your grace.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #97
Queen Yo-yo

Lol, thanks honey! I got bored with the old one, as I usually do after a few weeks.

It is a PAIN not to weigh in in the morning! One more day!
But I've lost another half inch off of my hips as of this morning, and my TOM seems to be winding down, I don't feel as gross-bloated, so hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.

__
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #98

S/C/G: SW:165.2/GW:130

Height: 5'3.5"

Heya everyone!

I'm new here too, and stuck right in the middle of the 140s (at 145). But I'm not complaining... definitely waaay better to be at this weight than at my start weight
jinna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #99
Queen Yo-yo

Hey Jinna, !!!
145 is a fantastic weight, congrats on losing 17 lbs!
LOL, btw, I loooove that you're 5'3.5", because I'm actually 5'3.75"! I'm just clinging desperately to that non-existent .25 inches, and saying I'm 5'4"...

ELISE.... I can't WAIT to weigh in tomorrow, but now I'm scared. I'm gonna copy and paste, cos I already rambled about this in the weigh-in: gain or loss thread, but...

I ate a big ol' greasy slice of pizza tonight. My friends wanted to hail back to high school days and go to the gross place across from our high school where we all used to eat two giant slices of dripping pepperoni and a pop nearly every day at lunch (back when I was somehow 138 lbs...?).
I only got one slice tonight, I dabbed the grease off the top, and I didn't get a drink, having water at home instead... but I still feel like my weigh-in tomorrow is going to be OFF THE CHARTS bad. But maybe I'm just overreacting.

...to be fair, if the (rather large) slice of pizza was 500 calories, I think my total calories for the day come to about 1,490. So, maybe I'm just being crazy.

I think not having weighed myself since our pledge has left me thinking that I'm back up to 154 without knowing it, because I haven't been able to check in on myself, lol. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow! And TOM is really winding down a LOT, so hopefully the TOM bloat is all gone... *fingers crossed*

__
Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 AM   #100

I've done okay these past two days. Yesterday I ate a total of 1400 calories, all of which were good, healthy choices. I rode my bike to and from work for a total of 90 minutes over rolling hills. Today I wasn't as good, though; I only rode my bike one way, because I ended up staying after work to help my boss with something, and I gave in and called a friend to help me haul my bike home... and then I had Taco Bell for dinner! But I ordered off the "fresco" menu, where they replace the cheese and sour cream with pico de gallo, so I ended up only eating 1700 calories for the whole day. So overall, I'm pleased with myself.

I hope everyone else had a good day!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:44 AM   #101

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

Today my weight was exactly 68kg, which is equal to 149.6! Mind if i join this thread?

Umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #102

S/C/G: SW:165.2/GW:130

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks for the welcome everyone! And hello to Umberto! I'm still stuck squarely at 145.0 today. Well, to be fair, I'm also slowly increasing my calorie intake (I was on a VLCD, and I'm very slowly weaning myself off it).... so I expect I'll be at this weight for a while....

Jelbb .... that extra half an inch definitely makes me feel better about my BMI at least .... it means I'll be out of the "overweight" category a tiny bit sooner... heehee
jinna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #103
Queen Yo-yo

Canadia:
Hey, way to go for keeping your choices balanced. That whole day is pretty awesome compared to what it could have been--no biking at all, and a full-fat dinner from Taco Bell. So, kudos on a job well done!

Umberto:
Of course you can join! Congrats on making it into the 140s! Keep us updated!

jinna:
Hey, you never know, the increase in your calorie intake might be just what your body needs to shock the system a bit and get your metabolism running again!

...speaking of which.
I was 147.8 this morning, which is about where I was before my TOM started. I changed my ticker back up, because I don't like being more than my tickers say I am. If I keep eating like this (pretty damn healthily other than the pizza last night), and keep it up with the running the way I have been, and I stay at this damn weight.... I'm gonna have to have myself another planned binge-day to kick the metabolism into high gear. No one should be eating 1,200-1,300 calories a day and not losing, because it's insane to think that you'd have to KEEP eating that many calories to maintain.

Got to be honest, a bit disappointed with my weigh-in. In the past, when my TOM weight came off, I usually had lost a good number. Not this time.

__
Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #104
There Is No Wagon

Good morning 140s-ers! It's nice to see more activity on this thread

Jelbb- Gah! Sorry our plan backfired I hope today put your mind at ease...1 slice of pizza does not a diet break. I guess I kinda cheated too, as I met up with an old college friend and had 3 (!) pints and 1.5 (!) cigarettes (!!) with her-- very very bad and the alcohol probably caused a water weight reduction that will come roaring back onto my very nice low 146.5 this morning. and jinna- I'm probably more like 5'4.75" but rounding up as well

I finally had my metabolic rate tested this morning, after the instructor rescheduled twice (which at least got me a 50% discount and it was mad expensive so yay at least I saved $75). I found out some interesting stuff, mainly that I am awesome My fitness test results were "superior" according to his chart. I knocked the guys socks off...he said he only sees a handful of women who can pound out 300 watts on the spin bike and most crap out at about 150-200 watts, so that felt awesome. Apparently I also have a high metabolism, at over 1600cals just BMR, so my diet must have been worse than I thought, lol. I can get up to 167bpm before even starting to switch from aerobic to anaerobic. So I feel great

Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #105
There Is No Wagon

Jelbb- sorry, we cross-posted and I didn't see your reply before I posted. Sorry today wasn't as good as you hoped but the sodium in the pizza probably has something to do with that. It's important too to make sure you're eating enough to fuel your running...you *might* want to up your calorie intake, but also I'm one of those ppl where I think my body adjusts if I only slightly lower my calories, and I need a big deficit for my body to even notice and react accordingly, so if I got the advice to up my calories, I might be skeptical. But I think it's worth a try bc you really will get a better run if you're properly fueled.