Old 08-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #211  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! No official weigh in, but I did hop on my bathroom scale this morning, and the needle was definitely below 145. It's like the twilight zone, now that my bathroom scale is weighing me lighter than the gym scale.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 AM   #212  

Height: 5'2

Hello to all you beautiful 140s-soon-to-be-130s ladies,

I will be joining this thread, weighed in at 147.4 this morning and I am still smiling because I have not been this small in 7 years.

Just moved from the "Moving out of the 150s challenge" thread. As I am getting closer to my goal, the weight loss is just getting harder and harder.

Well I am giving myself 2 months to get to 139. And with hard work, I know that it is possible.

Have a fit and healthy day everybody...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #213  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Congratulations size8, and welcome the thread!!! I feel certain you can meet that goal, you've already been working so har and have accomplished so much!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #214  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! Clocked in at 144.4 this morning. I just got back from being away for a few nights, and I definitely wasn't on my game eating wise during my trip. A friend of mine is in the hospital and there was lots of group comfort eating after visiting hours were over both nights I was there (we know now that she's going to be fine, though, so all is well). Anyway, I was happy to lose any weight at all.

I also discovered two days ago that I am now a size 8 (woot!), which means I've been thinking a lot about what size I feel like I should stop at. It turns out I have no idea. My mom think I should stop at size 8, but she still thinks of pants sizes in terms of 1950s sizing. A size 8 in the 1950s is like, a size zero now. I'm very confused about the whole thing just because I have no concept of what I look like. Two months ago I was wearing size 14s, and looking at pictures from then, I don't feel like I've gotten any smaller (even though obviously I must have).

My mind is boggled!
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #215  
There Is No Wagon

Ruby- Hah, as you can see from upthread, you are not alone in the whole not being able to tell you look smaller thing. Sounds like you have the healthy attitude of taking what your mom says about weight loss with a grain of salt...don't feel pressure to lose more just because you think you should be your mom's idea of a size eight; in my experience, that is a recipe for disaster. You are very inspiring as it is

size8 My 3fc blog is called Magic 8, which I feel is like the dieter's valhalla, lol. I'm not there yet and with the few lbs I have left to lose, probably won't be, at least at my usual stores, so I'm thinking of changing it to "perfect 10" or something.

My bathroom scale weight this morning was definitely 143. That's not official until I get on the real gym scale tomorrow. I have a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, courtesy of my dastardly roommate, so I have to make it to the other side of that before I'll feel safe, lol. My living room last night was a feeding frenzy of 5 girls on 2 pints.

Last edited by forestroad; 08-23-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #216  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

RubyG, I guess it's time for you to sort through old photos and have one taken of yourself now And your Mom might want you to stop at a size 8 because she's worried you'll go too far, or that you'll lose the good curves.

Pant sizes don't reflect over-all health, though. Go for your final 140 goal - it is a healthy weight for your height and you'll feel really proud of yourself to hit that benchmark.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, everyone!

Ruby, I know exactly what you mean. I actually had my mum take pictures of me so I could look at them -- and I did see a difference in how I look.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #218  

Height: 5,1"

I'm joining this thread! I havent weight myself since I started my new healthy living about 3 days ago, but I'm guesstimating I'm about 143lbs...I'm going to bite the bullet and weigh myself tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on!
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #219  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

!!!

Girly rambling removed, and moved to its own off-topic thread for the sake of not hijacking here, lmao.

Didn't weigh in today, but I'm hoping for a big number tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-23-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #220  
Master Water Retainer

souvenirdarling and canadia - I took pictures. You are so very right. It's just so hard because we look at ourselves so much less than we look at other people, since we spend literally maybe two minutes a day actually in front of a mirror, so even though seeing pictures that show the difference or looking in the mirror shows a difference, my concept of myself in my head hasn't caught up yet. It's so frustrating. Like even though I know logically that I am no longer overweight, I still wouldn't dare wear a shirt with horizontal stripes, even though it would probably look completely fine. Does that make sense?

forestroad - Thanks! I think I said this on another thread, but I looked at your pics on your blog, and you look totally dynamite!

Have a good night, 140s ladies!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Jelbb: Even though you moved your post, I still got the message in my inbox, and all I can say is, GO YOU! My own beautiful British boy is moving back to Beijing after a two-year stint in Britain, so I'll finally be able to see him again. We were supposed to meet up over the summer when I was back in Europe, but he couldn't leave London because of his job and I was too far in Eastern Europe to justify the price of the plane ticket. Beijing is close enough for one of us to fly over to the other's on weekends.

ANYWAY, enough about that...

CatRocks: Hello!

Ruby: Taking pictures really helped me put things in perspective, too. I felt hot today, for the first time in a while. I still feel too big, though, and I want to lose at least another 10 lbs before judging whether or not I want to get down to 130. But yeah, pictures are a plus. I read somewhere that what we see in the mirror is not necessary reality, because our brain fills in information from previously acquired knowledge. So what you're seeing today is actually a combination of today + every day for the past few weeks. It takes a while for your brain to catch up to how you look. But because pictures are 2d instead of 3d, your brain handles it differently than if you're looking in a mirror.
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #222  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

size8:
Way to go! 7 years is a LONG time, I bet you're looking fantastic! Welcome to the thread!

Ruby:
I vote ignore the sizes for now. I'd figure out where you feel happy and comfortable... and stop there. THEN check what size you're at at that weight! Everyone's going to feel different at different clothing sizes... I know there are people who are aiming to fit into a size 8-10 as their goal. I, on the other hand, still feel relatively big at my size 8-10 (not BIG, because I'm not completely psychotic, a part of me is now like, "Jess, you can't say you're fat anymore, you don't even weigh 150 lbs...." ), and will figure out where I'm most happy when I get down a bit more to my ideal weight.
Keep at 'er tho, you're looking fantastic in your pics!

elise:
Eww, Ben and Jerrys. Well. Wrong sentiment. More like YUM, B&J, but... holy calories and a half, lol.
Congrats on being so low!! 143, woo!!! so proud of you!

catrocks:
Welcome! Let us know how the weigh-in goes!!

Canadia:
Yay for him moving closer! That's so exciting for you!!! Have you lost tons of weight since you last saw him!?

And as for me....
Well, this weekend messed things up a bit for me. Huzzah, I'm back up to 146.0. Grrrrrreeeeeeat. I also counted, and realized I only ate like... 1,090 calories yesterday, which is shockingly low (I didn't get up until noon, so...), so I'm gonna up today's intake, try to keep myself from feeling at all hungry at work, and make sure that calorie-intake is a bit higher.

Wish me luck! <3 Have good days, all!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #223  
Master Water Retainer

Down to 143.6 this morning. Yaaaaay!

Jelbb - I totally understand what you're saying, but my fear is that I will never be happy and comfortable and that I will just keep losing until there's nothing left of me because I'll still perceive myself as fat. The reason I talk about stopping at a clothing size is that's it's something tangible I can use to measure where I am, which I need because I'm so disconnected from what my body actually looks like. However, I also understand what you mean about just stopping at whatever size I happen to be at when it's time to stop.

Perhaps I should just stick with the weight goal that's been in my head for a few weeks now (134, a very healthy weight for my height), and stop when I get there no matter what size I am. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Last edited by RubyGuggenheim; 08-24-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #224  
There Is No Wagon

jelbb- Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with good old Ben and Jerry. They have like twice the calories of normal ice cream, which doesn't even make sense bc they use milk from Holsteins which has less butterfat than Jersey or Guernsey (don't judge me for knowing this, I'm from VT!) I've been doing higher calories lately (around 1800 as opposed to 1600) and apparently I'm still losing, so theoretically I had room for that quarter cup I had yesterday. How is the running going for you...have you found a new run yet? That would be my advice for getting your body back into losing mode, bc it sounds like you're doing ok eating-wise but maybe exercise has been a bit sporadic for you. Yeah, what you eat is more important, but exercise is like that secret ingredient that can really make all the difference, in my experience. Anyway you must be doing something right to have British boys falling all over you

ETA, Ruby- saw your pic in the photo thread...I was hoping you'd post some soon, since it's been what, like 10lbs since you last posted progress pics? You look fantastic!

Last edited by forestroad; 08-24-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #225  
There Is No Wagon

And Canadia, I just posted over in the weekly chat about my little tribulations dealing with a bf who is only 80mi away, and the fact that you have made it work half a world away for 2 years is really uplifting. I hope you have an amazing time together when he moves to Beijing.