3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #121
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ruby:
I looove those nights. Especially those nights when you weigh myself, and it's an even lower number than when you woke up (yes, I'm crazy, I sometimes weigh myself at night) and you just KNOW you're going to be an amazing number the next day!! Yay!
Haha, yeah, I wish I could lose like 4 lbs in a week! Uhm... I scrolled back in the thread! I was SOLIDLY here on the 21st.. so, tomorrow makes it two weeks in the 140s!

Ooh, you and stringbean are both so close to your goals-- less than 10 lbs!! That's so exciting!

__
Back to the beginning again, but trying to make it a lifestyle change instead of a crash-calorie-counting obsession. Journey #1: Lost 40 lbs, then gained 50.

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-03-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #122
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Jelbb - Yeah, but once you're down to the 140s, losing two pounds a week is pretty impressive. Also, 140 was sort of an arbitrary goal when I started. I think I'm getting to the point where I'll stop when I get to a weight that feels right to me, which may be 145 or may be 130, ya know?

Currently I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I moved over the weekend and am now living in a city for the first time in my life. I'm not really comfortable enough yet with the city to go jogging (I'm pretty sure I'd get lost really quickly), and I'm too nervous to go to a gym. I think I'll just hold off on working out for now, and maybe just go for a long walks every day to get familiar with the place.

On the upside, I find it a lot easier to stay on plan living alone, since I don't have other people pressuring me to eat things or judging what I eat. It's nice!

RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #123
Queen Yo-yo

Ruby:
I definitely know what you mean about stopping when it feels right. I'm already starting to feel SO much better about my body, so I suppose there's always the possibility that at 140, I'll feel totally content. Or maybe I'll wanna keep dropping it down to 130... whatever. We'll see!

Oooh, I'm glad someone else is struggling with this too... well, not GLAD, but you know.. it's nice to see I won't be alone. I'm moving to a new city at the end of this month... in with my cousin and his gf in their new townhouse.
I'm really excited about the move... pressure in my house to participate in family dinners most nights doesn't help my weight loss efforts... not when there's extra heaping helpings in front of me, and the ability to grab seconds. I'm like you, I like dealing with my meals on my own... something I'll get to do in my new place, since my cousin and I have already kinda discussed the concept of living our own lives, just within the same house, lol.

I am a bit worried tho, because right now I live a 5 minute walk from my old high school's track... so I've been doing my jogging there. It's REALLY convenient. But now... I'm moving to a new city I don't know at all, and I'm gonna have to work out a new circuit of some kind around the neighbourhood... hopefully something relatively flat, so I'm not struggling with extra hills and such before I'm ready for 'em... I'm gonna have to do some long walks as well, I think. Figure out where I should be going...!

__
Back to the beginning again, but trying to make it a lifestyle change instead of a crash-calorie-counting obsession. Journey #1: Lost 40 lbs, then gained 50.

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-03-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #124
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Wow I logged in this morning expecting maybe a new post and now this thread is like grand central station!! It's really encouraging to see so many people who have been successful, especially those of you I was back in the 160s thread with

Ruby- The walking plan sounds like a good idea. If you can swing it, definitely get over your nerves and join a gym; it can be a great place to meet new people in a city, too. And I, like you, am also trying to figure out where I want to stop. You look great, so wherever you feel comfortable will be great

Jelbb- Sorry for your scale tribulations. I have the crappiest scale ever, so I do most of my weighing at the gym, which is why I tend to go by Monday's number since it's usually my first official weight in a couple of days.
140 by my birthday, November 26: Achieved 9/03
New goal: 135 by Halloween--Achieved 10/31!

Find grace in your strength, and strength in your grace.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #125

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies, I would love to join you in saying good-bye to the 140's would be great to start September with a leaving the 130's thread

ChasingMyJoy.com

Long term goal
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #126

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Welcome, everyone!
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #127

**** yeah, I'm back down to 147 today! I feel like this is such an accomplishment even though I didn't really do anything.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #128
Queen Yo-yo

Woo, Elise, you're right about grand central station. We have people!!!!

Welcome Ella! I'd kill to be in the 130s by September... I dunno if it'll happen for me, my timed goals never seem to work out quite how I hope! But I'd love to be at LEAST 139 by September 8th when my classes start at my new college!

canadia:
....what are you talking about, didn't do anything?? You abstained from eating mass amounts of fast food, or entire cakes... you probably ate fairly healthily yesterday... psshh. Didn't do anything.... You kicked @ss, woman, and that's why you're back down to where you are!!!! WELL DONE!

__

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-03-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #129
There Is No Wagon

146 at the gym today, albeit a little dehydrated. Some say plateau, I say maintenance! Srsly, tho, if I can have the week I've had and not gain, that is encouraging.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 AM   #130

There's nothing wrong with 147, forestroad.

I had a small accomplishment today. I managed to bike up two big hills I've never been able to get up without walking my bike. Apparently taking a ride every day instead of every other day makes a huge difference.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #131
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Whoa. Apparently I was still retaining some water yesterday morning or something, because this morning I weighed in at 147.8 (down 1.7 lbs from yesterday).

Which means I'm now the lowest weight I've been since like, sixth grade. I got down to 148.5 the summer I was 16, but never this low. YAY!

RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #132
Queen Yo-yo

Elise:
Well done! Maintenance indeed! I'm glad it seems like your body is cool with staying in and around the 140s without your being PERFECT. Sounds like maintenance won't be too bad, eh?

Canadia:
Way to go! I'm horrible with biking... just do NOT have the strength in my legs, lol. So I'm impressed you managed to go up ANY hill without walking up it!!

Ruby:
Wow, well done, honey! It must feel amazing to be lower than you've been since you were like 12!!!!!

As for me:
Oi. 146.4 today... My body's doing.. that thing. That thing that it did with 150.4..... I weighed 150.2 to 150.8 for a week and a half straight, and a binge day to shock my metabolism is what turned it around for me.
Alright, well. I'm going down to my university town tomorrow night because I have an exam on Thursday morning, and one on Saturday... and the people I'm staying with are McDonald's lovers, so... presuming I stay good today, and there's still no change tomorrow, I may partake in the junk food fest while I'm there for a day. It's becoming a very uncomfortable concept for me, the intentional stuffing of myself with crappy food to shock the metabolism... but it worked like a charm last time... we'll see.

__
Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #133
There Is No Wagon

Canadia- I looove biking. I live at the foot of a mountain so hills are the bane of my daily existence (and the granny gear is my friend). Spinning can really help you train for that, bc you can load up on resistance without ever actually having to get off and walk. Great job on the improvement!

Ruby- You are cruisin! It's really impressive

Jelbb- It sounds like a good weekend for a "planned binge"-- your brain needs food to take tests! Although all the crap in McDonalds (salt, refined carbs) might spike your metabolism and then make you feel sluggish and icky. If you can, I would try to continue eating foods that you're used to eating at the moment (try not to change your routine right before a test) and just increase the quantity or ratio of higher calorie stuff. But if you can't resist with all the Mickey D's around, well at least I can say that I'd probably cave. Good luck!!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #134

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Jelb- I agree with forestroad, McDonalds before a big test might make you feel ill especially if you have been eating well recently!

Ruby- Way to go, that is a major accomplishment, what will you do to celebrate?

Canadia- Awesome job on the bike, its so nice to see yourself getting stronger

As for me I actually got out of bed and went for a run this morning and road my bike to work. Pretty proud of myself for not being a lazy butt this morning

ChasingMyJoy.com

Long term goal
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #135
Queen Yo-yo

Forest & Ella:
Thanks for the advice, ladies!
To be brutally honest, I wish I was one of those people who felt ill when eating junk food after long bouts of healthiness. Instead, sadly, I have a cast iron stomach. I'm more than happy to enjoy a diet coke within 10 minutes of waking up, and I could eat chocolate cake for breakfast after a month of eating broccoli, chicken breasts and rice. Physically, my body may not be at its optimal after a junk food fest, but I never feel sick. I wish I would, lol, a little deterrent would be helpful. The movie "Supersize Me" made me hungry for McDonald's, and that's just WRONG.
When I say it's becoming uncomfortable for me to stuff myself with crap food, it's more because I'm trying SO hard to be perfect calories-wise, that it sets off a panic-mode alarm in my brain when I intentionally eat something that's almost 1,000 calories on its own, since that's only slightly less than what I take in DAILY. (1,200-1,400)

I'm very illogical today. I SHOULD be pleased, but I'm actually annoyed with my stupid body. Yesterday, I ate a sausage roll, a chocolate bar, and a small sliver of ice cream cake, and I weighed in this morning at 146.4, then 146.2. I don't know which one is real, as my scale is being a wonky pain in the rear, but seeing the same numbers on the scale today is MADDENING. I feel like I'd feel more accomplished if they'd gone up to 147 or something, lmao... then I'd at least feel like my mini-binge had an effect, and I could start going super on-plan again to kick the rest of my weight's butt... Instead, I just feel complacent... as if nothing's changed.

Maintenance-wise, the fact that I ate that crap yesterday and my weight isn't exploding is pretty sweet tho. To be fair tho, if I count up my calories, I don't think they're all that insane...
120 calories for cereal (no milk, cause milk makes rice krispies soggy...!)
350 for the sausage roll & 100 for the giant skim-milk, sugar-free steamer I had at the cafe along with it.
400 for ice cream cake sliver (gross overestimation, I think, but better than underestimating)
375 for chicken korma and rice dinner
230 for Kit Kat

... god, my mini-binge day, I ate like... less than 1,600 calories. I suppose I should be glad that I'm getting better at tempering my eating habits, but... geez. I'm gonna eat way more today, I totally didn't eat enough yesterday...

I'm gonna play this weekend by ear, food-wise. The fact that I'm in Guelph (my uni town) from now until Sunday is gonna mean a lot of eating out. I'm hoping that I don't come back completely sodium-bloated and disgusting. But even if I do, I'll hop back on the wagon, and kick my weight's @ss again. No biggie!

Ella:
Well done on the superwoman exercise in the a.m., honey! Very impressive!

__

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-05-2009 at 10:37 AM.