Old 04-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #241  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

One of the things I like about watching what I eat is that I enjoy food more. It takes a while to adjust, but it happens for me. I ate an apple yesterday that tasted DELICIOUS, and it was just a regular apple. I've always really liked food, but I prefer the 'like' where I really enjoy what I'm eating and then when I'm done I'm full and move on, rather than the 'like' that basically urges overeating and comes with an almost numbing effect on taste buds. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Kay: I'm almost 40 and I'm jealous of your calorie deficit! 13,000 - wow! I'd also like to weigh weekly at some point. What I'm trying right now is to average my daily weights and that's the weight I go with for the week. That way the daily fluctuations are only 'pieces' of my weekly weight. We'll see how it works out.
As far as temperature, at my high weight I just about melted in the summer (we get to about 100 in the summers on a regular basis), but losing weight seems to have changed that, so now I'm cold when it's under 70 degrees. When I was at my healthy weight, heat never bothered me. I'm hoping I get back to that - I definitely prefer it!

kfunk: We've missed you too! Glad to see you back! I definitely understand being too busy to post! For cravings, I wish there was a universal answer! That would solve a lot of the whole weight struggle, wouldn't it?
I second wanting warmer weather! Although I think I'm better with cold weather having gone for walks all winter. It helped aclimatize me, I think. Still don't like it, but it's less bone-chillingly cold to me even at below 0 temps.
No worries on no personals. We do them when we can or when we want to. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited by Chanticleer; 04-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

maggie
Quote:
One of the things I like about watching what I eat is that I enjoy food more. It takes a while to adjust, but it happens for me. I ate an apple yesterday that tasted DELICIOUS, and it was just a regular apple. I've always really liked food, but I prefer the 'like' where I really enjoy what I'm eating and then when I'm done I'm full and move on, rather than the 'like' that basically urges overeating and comes with an almost numbing effect on taste buds. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.
This makes a lot of sense to me, I feel the same way. I can really taste the flavors in the foods that I eat now! It gets hot and humid where I live and I used to get so sweaty and feel disgusting in that type of weather, but even last year I noticed a huge difference was able to tolerate the heat much better. I hope that my body adjusts so that I am not always freezing cold, its getting a bit ridiculous! That is awesome that you still walked when it was really cold outside!!

164 small bounce up.. I hate a huge dinner last night even though it was within my points.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #243  
Maggie

Well, I don't think I'll reach the 140s by the end of the month. I'm 153.4 as of this morning and would have to lose 3.5 lbs in a couple weeks. It's possible, but unlikely. I should be between 151 and 152, hopefully. That's pretty close, so I'll take it. I am looking foward to FINALLY hitting 'normal,' and it's looking like May is my month for that.

Hope everyone's had a good week!

Kay: I do the same thing - I don't like when people interrupt me when I'm eating now. I'm like, can it wait 15 minutes, please?
I try not to wolf food down, but strongly dislike being fully mindful of each bit - I prefer to savor the overall experience as a whole.
Ha! I have spreadsheets, too!
If you're seeing new lows, it's only a matter of time before you hit a new pound. Hang in there!
Old 04-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #244  

kay Thank you, I went down a bit and am at 163.6 today, I am hoping to see a new number tomorrow! I hope that your scale goes back down as well, crazy scale! I bet that you are looking great with all the working out you do!! I love a good storm as long as it doesn't do damage, I especially love an early morning thunderstorm on the weekends when I can stay in bed and enjoy it! I have probably already asked you this before, but what does your one meal usually consist of? I also enjoy eating the same foods.

maggie It must feel amazing to be so close to the 140's and "normal" range! Now that your break is over, how are you feeling about that process? Would you do it again?

I eat too fast. I also get anxiety when I perceive that my portion isn't big enough (even if the same amount has filled me up in the past).
Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #245  

163 - new low!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #246  
Maggie

I've been contemplating my plan to reach my goal weight at the end of this year. It's still theoretically possible that I'll make it, but less likely now. I'm trying to steel myself for rolling over into 2019 and not yet being in maintenance. It's not a pleasant thought for me. But I need to accept that if that's what needs to happen, that's what I'll do.

I'm hoping that once I'm firmly in the normal range that I'll be more at ease and content to drift down to my goal at the pace my body dictates. As long as I'm at a deficit, it's got to happen at some point, right?

kfunk: I think I'm half uncomfortable and half really happy to be so close to 'normal' range. I'm starting to really feel that this weight is too big for my body, and I know I need to lose more to be comfortable and healthy.
I think I would do another break if I needed to do it. It was absolutely the right choice for my mental health at the time. But I'd need to make sure I was doing it for healthy reasons, and maintain rather than gain a lot. But now that I've done it I feel a bit refreshed (also work has slowed down some for now).
Congrats on the new low!

Last edited by Chanticleer; 04-14-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #247  

maggie I think that it is smart to be realistic about how long it will take to get there. I wasn't realistic starting out, I figured that it might take a little over a year, but now I will be lucky to be at goal by the time my second year rolls around. And yes, it will definitely happen if you are at a deficit!! That is awesome that your break went so well and you feel refreshed!

kay Woooohooo!! Congrats on the new low! I am going to try those breathing exercises, thank you! And, that is awesome that you were passing people out there, nice speed!!

boop How are you doing?

Old 04-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #248  

kay 31 days hitting ALL of your goals is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #249  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I am back and ready to get back on track. I am clearly not ready to wing it. I did not get as heavy as I did by having a healthy relationship with food.

I see you are doing great!

boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:37 AM   #250  
Debbie

Thanks kay!

I was looking back in my journal on another forum and I think I started to go off the rails when I made a low carb cheesecake. Desserts are my kryptonite. Even low carb versions apparently.

I had a good day yesterday.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #251  
Maggie

Just got back from one trip for work and now I'm going on another trip for a wedding in a couple days. I like to travel, but it does make it harder to keep track of my food intake.

Just wanted to check in. I'll hopefully have time for personals tonight or tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:09 AM   #252  
Debbie

Good to see you Maggie. You've been busy!

Day by day back on track this week.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #253  

kay Congrats on losing 2 more lbs. you are doing fantastic! And thank you for the reminder to change my info!

maggie I hope that traveling for the wedding goes well, I agree that it is a lot harder to track your eating when you are on the road.

boop Look at you go!! I hope that you keep up your momentum, you are doing great!

163 - WTH!!!
Old 04-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #254  
Maggie

Thanks for the good travel wishes! Got back from days of wedding festivities, and I'm pretty tired out from all the travel and parties. There was SO MUCH EATING OUT. The wedding was pretty nice, but I'm glad to be home.

No idea how much I weigh (I'll check tomorrow since it's already later in the day today), but I'm not optimistic with days of eating out for every meal and my period coming within a day or two. That's okay though because I kept as close a watch as I could on my food the whole time, so I never went overboard. It's a win.

Kfunk: I think most of us on the thread have stubborn scale issues! It's enough to want to chuck the thing! That is until it gives a good number and then it's loved again (that's how I feel often).

Kay: Excellent job staying on plan even when you didn't want to. I think a lot of weight loss is (re)learning new habits (instead of just eating what's in reach or sounds good all the time, which is much easier). Your food sounds delicious!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:48 AM   #255  
Maggie

Doing better than I thought. 152.8 today. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Remember a while back when I told you all about a friend I was losing weight with who kept giving excited speeches about how we were losing weight? Well, I talked to her about maybe not being so, um, forthcoming about it all. She took it well and said she'd be more discreet. However, now every friend we have in common knows everything about it. She was calmer about it for a while, but now she's more vocal than ever. She's not doing it to be mean, she's just the kind of person who likes to share almost everything with everyone.

The only okay thing is that she doesn't overtly say I'm doing the same thing she is. But she's unsubtle enough that everyone already knows I am. That means that certain people I know can police what I eat, and that makes me pretty unhappy (I've tried very hard for a long time to keep this stuff private). My friend doesn't care if people police her, but it grates on my nerves horribly (the people who police me are also very passive aggressive and critical of me for a lot of other reasons and I try not to hand them ammunition).

I knew this was a risk, and I took it because I love my friend and she was pretty unhappy and desperate to lose weight. She's much happier now, and I'm glad. I guess I need to accept that she is who she is and my 'secret' is out. I'll just be as subtle as I can about myself, and I'll find a way to deal with the food police.

Last edited by Chanticleer; 04-30-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Venting, pretty much.