Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #121  
Gizmo

Pinkstarberry You are doing amazingly well, look at your results this month so far, you are already down 7 pounds. I know that with exercise, I feel less tired over time, hopefully it will have the same effect on you as well.

I just did 30 minutes of cardio sculpting (more sculpting than cardio, I found). And I did read up on protein and at my weight, I should be eating 80g-90g of protein per day. That is insane! I get roughly 40-50g in daily, I can't see how I could double that. I'm curious, those of you who track your food, how much protein are you eating in a day?
Old 07-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Martine, I honestly couldn't tell you what 80-90 grams of protein looks like but I feel like my diet is heavily weighted toward protein. Did your research provide any good ideas on upping your protein? What about extra beans, nuts or maybe a smoothie using peanut butter and/or protein powder? The one thing I notice protein does for me is stave off hunger for much longer than most carbs.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-15-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #123  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Trina I certainly have it in my notes to ask if it's covered

Kukkie I like the so that tells me it's in the planning ... I'm happy for the 3 of you. I'm sure Peanut will be excited when it does happen and all of the explaining you and hubby will do is gonna be so cute LOL a little off topic but I was in the bathroom playing around with some make up and Rissa said take that off (talking about some lipstick that was pale but a little glittery) I said why? She says I don't want some man walking up to you saying umm I like your lips! I thought that was the cutest thing. The she walks away and comes back and says, why'd you put that on anyway, you going on a man hunt or something?? that's what Daddy's for! I just shook my head ... that child is funny. But I don't wear makeup and my hubby doesn't like it so it's all good. I do like to play around with it though Ouch Kukkie I hope that kink is gone now. Nothing worse than sleeping wrong and trying to start your day in pain Ok Ms. Kukkie I'm still reading so now we know ... the end of this year

kmstacy back to 3FC and to the thread

Curvy I hope they can tell me something also. I'm gonna try going to bed a few days at 6pm ... that is gonna be hard because 7 is already way early but maybe the extra hour will help. I just need to plan so that everything is done before I go to bed.

JesikaBeth, be patient my work schedule makes it hard for me also but mainly because I'm so pooped when I get off. I joined a gym that I have to pass on my way home but sometimes I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open (BIG SIGH)

ok gotta go will finish catching up from page 8 tomorrow ... good night
Old 07-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #124  

Good evening friends.

It's been a good week but a long one. I think I'll be skipping dinner tonight as I've eaten too much today; a heavy breakfast and lunch. Lunch was a salad but not a healthy one by any stretch of the imagination.

@Pinkstarberry: I wish you could see what we see! I agree with Martine. Your progress has been amazing; you've lost 7 pounds in two weeks. That's 3.5 pounds per week which is healthy and happening at a very reasonable clip You'll be grateful that you kept up with physical activity. Take it from one who is basically starting all over in terms of real activity, it IS difficult to return a body to being strong and fit. Not impossible, just difficult.

@lovemylife001: I don't envy you holding down the responsibilities of two people. I'm happy when I hear about people taking their vacation but I can't wrap my head around using all of my vacation days unless it's a use it or lose it type of situation. That's a different story. I'm terrible about really taking time off and usually find myself working remotely when I do. But I also like to keep days in the bank. I'm kind of a vacation day hoarder

@Rennie: Sweet dreams to you dear friend. While 6 pm seems early, considering when you have to be up for work, it seems pretty normal. Admittedly I would find it difficult to sleep with the still out. I'm trying something different as well by turning off the television and spending time reading before going to bed.

A wonderful evening to all!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #125  

Good morning :coffee2

Weight is up two pounds to 210 with TOM due any day now.

On my agenda today is sorting through my closet and deciding what I'm keeping, giving away or throwing away. Doing laundry and cleaning the fridge are also on the list. Wish me luck!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday
Old 07-17-2016, 11:10 AM   #126  

Good morning

Weight is again at 210 today. Today I'll be at work for a few hours to get a jump start on task as I'm anticipating a fairly busy week at work. Yesterday I accomplished getting through most of my closet and clearing out a lot of things. Refrigerator looks fairly decent as well but I'll feel better when I can take the shelves out and wash them. They're not really dirty but it makes me feel like I'm completing a process when I do Other than a bit of work, a quiet Sunday.

and all around. Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 07-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #127  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Good morning

Weight is again at 210 today. Today I'll be at work for a few hours to get a jump start on task as I'm anticipating a fairly busy week at work. Yesterday I accomplished getting through most of my closet and clearing out a lot of things. Refrigerator looks fairly decent as well but I'll feel better when I can take the shelves out and wash them. They're not really dirty but it makes me feel like I'm completing a process when I do Other than a bit of work, a quiet Sunday.

and all around. Wishing everyone a great day!
I'm doing the same - logged online to check emails and do a few "admin" things like my expense report and billable hours timesheet. It all adds up to an hour or two so might as well knock them out before the weekly chaos starts Hope you have a relaxing Sunday afternoon and a great start to the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Pinkstarberry I just did 30 minutes of cardio sculpting (more sculpting than cardio, I found). And I did read up on protein and at my weight, I should be eating 80g-90g of protein per day. That is insane! I get roughly 40-50g in daily, I can't see how I could double that. I'm curious, those of you who track your food, how much protein are you eating in a day?
My macros (when not cheating - ugh) are 30g carbs, 60-70g protein, and 85-90g fats. Once I've done a week straight of <30g carbs, I'll have a 50-60g carb day just to keep my body guessing. I've found it actually helps ketosis to work more efficiently when it's not the same carb intake from day to day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarberry View Post
Hope everyone has had a good week! I'm feeling a little bit sad today about my weight. I know I've lost a pretty good amount already but I just have so much left to go it can feel overwhelming at times. I've been trying to look at it on a day to day basis instead of the full amount but today I'm really struggling with staying positive. My period is coming on soon so maybe I'm a little more emotional because of that. I'm just sick of getting tired so easily and overheating because it's like I'm wearing a thick sweater of fat under my skin everyday. Exercising can be hard to enjoy sometimes when I get tired and aching so, so easily... but I know if I quit I'll feel even worse. I just feel like I'm way too young to be this tired all the time! Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself... I'll try to get some extra sleep this weekend, plus work out extra, so hopefully those will get me feeling better. It's seeming pretty unlikely that I'll make my July goal, but I'll keep trying anyway
Hang in there! I'm in the same mental funk since I have continued to "cheat" even though I've been home almost 3 weeks from my vacation - but I keep telling myself "just 1 more day" - which is harmful to me since that will lead me down a slippery slope. Keep fighting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Morning everyone. I jumped back up to 213 this morning. TOM is kicking my butt this time around. I guess I forgot why I enjoy being on the pill so much, ha. Anyway, as FieryCupcake said I'm also going to sort of ignore the scale until it's over.
TOM absolutely murders my scale - but then the day before it ends, the scale will drop a few extra lbs which makes up for it and shocks me! I'm like - why can't we find a happy medium!

As for me - I'm mentally getting back in the game - and no excuses this time. Pretty stable week this week - 3 days of large conference room sessions - nothing for me to present, so I'll multi-task on my laptop with other work while I listen to 24 hours (8x3) of clients and colleagues presenting material. Which means I should be leaving the office fairly un-stressed and leaving at a decent hour. No excuses to not have time to grocery shop, prepare low carb meals, and get to bed on-time. Not planning any cardio - just want to get my eating plan back on track and get into ketosis! After getting back on track for a few weeks, then I will add in some cardio..

Always nice to have a plan before Monday!! Hope everyone has a great start to the week! My fingers are crossed (and my prayers are up) that the world has a peaceful week for a change.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #128  
Gizmo

akelly728 thanks for sharing your numbers and good for you for having a plan to start your week.

curvynotlumpy I think I'm due to clear out the closets as well. Hope you didn't stay too long at the office on Sunday.

Rennie Pinkstarberry JesikaBeth loveofmylife001 Kukkie84

Not a good past three days. I do fine at breakfast, pack a nice healthy lunch and then blow it at suppertime. I can only try to do better today.

01: 238.0
02: 238.2
03: 238.4
04: 237.2
05: 237.6
06: 236.8
07: 238.4
08: 237.6
09: 237.2
10: 237.6
11: 239.0
12: 238.8
13: 237.8
14: 238.2
15: 238.4
16: 239.6
17: 239.2
18: 239.4
Old 07-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

So I've jumped from neck pain and TOM into a head cold with the weight of an elephant for sinus pressure. I'm at 212.1 though. I think my body is holding on for dear life because I haven't fed it much in the past two days. No appetite, and the one time I ate toast, I felt like I had the worst heartburn and like I was going to throw up. TOAST of all things. Sigh. Haven't been to the gym in a week, I am craving sore muscles. Bah.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #130  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Monday Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend

Saturday was such a beautiful day, it was in the 70's and partly sunny. Yesterday was just plan hot lol

Martine I have the same problem We'll both get there. Maintenance is a lot harder than I thought, I have to work just as hard as when I was trying to lose weight Here's some for both of us lol

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #131  

everyone!

Late check in for me today. I started my morning off as a member of an interview panel for a different campus unit than mine. It was fine but really quick; a half hour. Actually, it was over much too quickly. The interviewee did alright but her responses to questions were too broad. That would have been alleviated had she made connections to her former positions and the one she was interviewing for, but it never happened. It was disappointing because she undersold her valuable and transferable experience. I wanted to give her a because I sensed she felt "off" her game as well. The next candidate interviews tomorrow morning.

The weather has been beautiful all day and I will be sorry to see triple digit temps return by the weekend. It is summer

@Kukkie84: Oh, Kukkie, I'm so sorry! You can't seem to catch a break I hope your head cold doesn't stick around too long. Those things are just awful I'm surprised by toast causing heartburn but I know our bodies can be triggered in a lot of ways by different things.

@Martine: My eating resembles yours more often than not. Eat well for part of the day and then all bets are off. Sometimes it starts with one off plan thing and then leads to the mindset of "well, I've blown it already..." I agree with lovemylife001, maintenance is much tougher. Relatively speaking, it's "easy" when you know you're actively working on a goal. There is always the next milestone to look forward to. Once you've met all the goals you have to have new questions/a plan/a goal in place. We can all relate

A wonderful evening to all.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #132  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

catching up from 7/13

FieryCC, I'm gonna look into the Plexus. I think it may be a good thing for me. Thanks for the info

Kukkie TOM kicked my butt this month also. Seems they are getting worse the older I get Oh my Kukkie I hope you feel better soon

Trina this weather has been really crazy 70's in the mornings, this morning 73 and then it gets up to the 90's. Glad to hear the weather there is calming down Trina that funny about your manager and the vacation . One of my co-workers informed me today that she will be gone from August 8th -24th. I am so not looking forward to that. She plays a major part in how our days go. She will truly be missed while she's gone.

Martine sorry about your blah week (last week). Mine was blah also. Mainly because I had to go in at 11:30pm verses my 3am shift and I had a church conference Wednesday through Friday evening so from church, to home to drop the kids off, change and sit for about 30 minutes then off to work I went ... made for a really tired me still reading but, Hope your day off went the way you wanted it to go Martine, I hope you like the swimsuit you picked Glad you got a better night sleep. Your work place A/C sounds like my work place it seems cool until everyone gets there then it warms up quickly. Water is our friend for sure Martine I believe Kukkie is the only other vegetarian here so hopefully she can help with the extra protein Martine I use to do the same as you with breakfast and lunch, now I'm not doing well with any of my meals. I looked in the mirror today and thought what in the world have I done ... I really need to get a grip on things. They have definitely gotten out of hand, smh.

Curvy, I always hear the perfectionist in you Ms. Missy so things will always have to be perfect but now that the retreat is over you can breathe I need to get my protein in order also thanks for listing those things for Martine. I'm not a vegetarian but not very big on eating meat. I forget about pb (I always think of it as a treat), nuts just like pb I tend to over eat and I have protein powder. I just forget to use it, smh. Curvy, isn't it amazing how a salad depending on what is in it can be unhealthy. Curvy, when you go to my bedroom you can't tell what time of day it is. I have two sets of black out curtains so you can't see your own hand It's crazy the number of times I've woke up and thought I was late for something, smh When I try to read before bed it's an instant way to put me to sleep I need to do the same thing with my clothes, shoes and what nots.

pinkstarberry don't be so hard on yourself It's really hard to get a grip on what works on these journeys so stay encouraged You are doing well, just keep at it and don't give up

Alicia 30 carbs, go you ... I wish I could do that. I'm sure I've asked you before but can you post couple of menus so I can see what you eat? Thanks .... what a great prayer

I'm doing ok. Not following any plan. Everytime I say I'm going to eat right it never happens ... I really need help this go around. Trina share the

Last edited by love2b150; 07-19-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone

I'm not 100%, but there's a vast improvement over how I felt yesterday. Back at the office today, unfortunately I have a couple of meetings that I wasn't able to move around. Oh well. I'm down 0.9 to 211.2. I haven't seen 211 in quite some time, so I'm happy about that. Appetite started coming back again midday yesterday. If getting sick is helping to kickstart things for me again, then so be it. We'll take it as it comes I suppose.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #134  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far

Kukkie Glad that you are feeling a bit better today

Rennie Here's some more for today. Sometimes it just takes a minute to get back on track.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #135  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone

Have a great day!!!

Closed Thread