Height: 5'

Good morning

Wishing everyone a blessed and beautiful day. Will be back later to check in
Old 07-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #137  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kukkie good to hear you're getting better and yay on 211

Thanks Trina LOL this is a long minute here that I'm taking Thanks for the Will Power Dust

Hi JesikaBeth and Curvy

I'm thinking this month is gonna be a wash for me. I'm gonna try not to gain anymore weight since I am barely fitting into my jeans as it is but I'm not sure what I can do to get back on track. I am just not motivated to do anything. I just want to sleep. I'm always tired and if given the chance to close my eyes/lay down I will. I applaud all of you that get up in the morning and workout. Keep up the good work ... your reward may be slow in coming but your efforts will certainly pay off in the end
Old 07-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #138  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all!

Pinkstarberry - I eat 80-90g of protein per day and the only relatively easy way I've found to get all of it in is to add protein shake to my coffee. I drink a booty load of coffee so I generally get in at least 30g of protein that way. Also, eating protein first at meals, then veggies/fruit, then carbs. It helps immensely when I'm filled up on protein first. As a bonus, if I save carbs for last I rarely get to them because the solid protein fills me up so completely.

I'm back on the tracking wagon this week. TOM visited and I'm up 4 lbs. in the last few days. I'm fairly certain it's just water weight, but I go into full diet mode when I see 158 on the scale - that's my absolute highest maintenance range. It might jump right back down after TOM is gone, but I'd rather track and be a little more mindful of my calorie/carb intake than ignore it and see true gain on the scale. Maintenance is such a strange beast, I used to be naive enough to think I'd never have to diet again once I reached goal. It messes with my head sometimes how much maintenance looks like weight loss - but without the high of seeing the scale going down.

I hope everyone is having a great week!!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone. Holding at 211.2 this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #140  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Started WW old pts system yesterday. Down 2.8 this morning. Goal by end of September to be 260 or less.

Last edited by EMERALDberry; 08-09-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:33 PM   #141  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Everyone

EMERALDberry good job on the 2.8lb down best of luck to you on your journey
Old 07-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Good afternoon

I hope everyone is having a good day. Tough day for me as a supervisor; I had a rough but necessary conversation with one of my staff. He's a good guy and hard worker and the conversation definitely needed to happen. His goal is to move to management and believes he has done all he can in his current position. Meanwhile, as his supervisor I see so many different ways he can progress his area forward with little to no $$ AND demonstrate that he's ready for leadership positions. There are opportunities for him to innovate. He believes he's maxed out. I'm honest when I tell you that it led to visible frustration on both parts.

On top of that TOM finally arrived which I'm sure is part of the reason I feel so emotionally drained today.

@EMERALDberry: Now that's the way to start a morning! on your 2.8 pound loss. I hear good things from friends on WW about the old points program.

@love2b150: Rennie. Regarding your earlier comment about going to bed while it's still light: I was wondering if you had a way to combat the sunshine and you do! When I was in middle and high school I remember coming home in the winter after school and heading to my bedroom to do homework. I'd promptly fall asleep and awaken to my mother yelling my name to come and eat dinner. She had to yell because I slept THAT hard! It would be dark out and I'd wake up thinking I had slept the whole day into the next night. Things haven't changed much. I can sleep at almost any time of the day even as an adult.

@Gale02: Oh, yes, I too believed that I was DONE once I reached maintenance. My 60 pound re-gain taught me otherwise. Silly, silly, Curvy...

Kukkie and JesikaBeth

A wonderful and peaceful evening to all

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-21-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #143  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone

EMERALDberry good job on the 2.8lb down best of luck to you on your journey
Thank you very much!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #144  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Thursday Morning Everyone It's almost TGIF

I hope that everyone is having a great week It's suppose to be really hot the next couple of days. One day almost 100 degrees I hope they are wrong lol

How's everyone doing? I decided to start back counting calories. Those 2 lbs that I lost recently, I gained back this week, ugh. I know that TOM is on it's way because of the bloat and cravings double ugh lol

EMERALDberry to the thread. I really love WW, I was actually considering starting that back for a few months. I did the old method with the old points system. I don't know the new way to count. Good luck with your lifestyle change, I'm sure you'll do great.

Have a great day everyone. Here's some for whoever needs it.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #145  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Thank you, lovemylife001. Down another pound this morning. I am not at the point where I can weigh in weekly, yet. I have to see it move every morning for now. I just know how I am. Hoping in a month to just do a weekly weigh in.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #146  

Good morning

Weight is up 3 pounds with the onset of TOM. I never like waiting for it as it draws near each month and always feel much better when it arrives.

I can sympathize lovemylife001 in regards to weather. It's going to be for the next week or so with today being the coolest of the days. It's summer so I can't complain but I've been enjoying our cool days with the Delta breeze keeping temps down.

Wishing everyone a lovely and productive day. Stay cool and hydrated

and all around!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #147  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Curvy I totally agree about waiting for TOM lol. I have the week before TOM starts cravings and the week of TOM cravings lol. It's so annoying. I bought some 90% dark chocolate yesterday to see if eating a small piece of that helps with the monstrous cravings lol
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Curvy I totally agree about waiting for TOM lol. I have the week before TOM starts cravings and the week of TOM cravings lol. It's so annoying. I bought some 90% dark chocolate yesterday to see if eating a small piece of that helps with the monstrous cravings lol
Whether I get "snacky" or eat differently is hit or miss. My cravings aren't consistent but salty snacks washed down with something sweet is definitely my downfall when cravings do hit. What I really notice is how bloated and achy I feel, particularly my back. I also get really tired and feel sluggish throughout the day. Of course, if I was getting regular exercise I think some of this would be alleviated. I know it yet I don't do it!
Old 07-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #149  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
@Gale02: Oh, yes, I too believed that I was DONE once I reached maintenance. My 60 pound re-gain taught me otherwise. Silly, silly, Curvy...

Curvy - Right?! I've been there. A few years ago I lost from 260 to 197, then regained to 293. However, having been there makes me so much more vigilant this time around. I don't let the number define me and I don't obsess over it, but I no longer look at it as "just a couple of pounds up." I learned the hard way that a couple of pounds 50 times is really easy to justify and will have me right back where I started. WLS makes getting to goal a little easier in some ways, but maintenance looks exactly the same. It'd be SO EASY to eat my way back up to my high weight. To quote Mad-Eye Moody, "Constant vigilance!"

I hope everyone's week is going well! Kukkie - I hope you're still on the mend and feeling 100%.

I just finished changing sheets on my boys' bunk beds and promptly remembered why I don't change their sheets as often as I probably should. LOL! I HATE changing sheets on bunk beds, it's such a pain. Now, I shall sit in my hot house and drink iced tea like I accomplished something today. Well... I did get three wallets made... does that count??
Old 07-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #150  
Gizmo

Good morning everyone

Not a good week at all for me, I'm not even trying to be honest. I know I start my vacation in one week and I want to get everything done before I go, so I'm stressed out and working long hours and not planning my meals and not making time to exercise, etc. And like for some of you, just the tiniest deviation from my plan makes me gain weight rapidly.

I hope everyone is going to have a great Friday and a great weekend coming up. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow so a few things left to be done this morning. We don't plan big, we both like quiet celebrations. I'll take him out to a favourite restaurant of his and give him a spa package. And there will be cake and I will eat one slice. And then on Sunday I will try to get a grip.
Closed Thread