Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #76  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thanks for the links regarding sleep and weight loss. Going to buy new pillows this weekend, will see if that helps. Hope you get everything done at work today.

Kukkie84 you needed sleep in the morning and it's understandable that after being stuck in the subway you just wanted to get home after work. The gym will be there tomorrow. I once got stuck twice on the same subway ride home in terrible heat, I sympathize.

Rennie what movie did you end up seeing? We go to the theater about 3-4 times a year max and it always includes popcorn.

loveofmylife001 how was your son's birthday yesterday and how old is he now? Nice to know that you are having a great time during your staycation.

No workout for me today for three reasons: I've been waiting for a plumber to show up to fix our toilet and don't want to chance being in the middle of a workout all sweaty and he rings; I had an appointment early this morning for my Depo shot; I got up at 6:30am to bake 2 desserts for a bake sale at work (took a bite of each just to make sure they were done and that is all...well and licked the chocolate frosting from the beaters).

01: 238.0
02: 238.2
03: 238.4
04: 237.2
05: 237.6
06: 236.8
07: 238.4
08: 237.6
Old 07-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #77  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Rennie - The family is good! The boys are getting huge, my baby just turned 4 so now they're 4, 5, and 7. O_O I don't know how it goes by so fast! They keep me on my toes, that's for sure. That's been the very best part of this weight loss - being able to keep up with my kids and play with them every day.

Food today has been... meh. I pretty much live on coffee until about noon every day (with chocolate protein shake in it) and today I had a corndog for lunch. Blerg... my stomach hates me for that terrible decision. I need to have something light for dinner for sure.

I'm not working out today. I own my own business and have tons to get done. I also have approximately 20 teenagers coming over tonight and my house is a disaster. (Hubs is a youth pastor, we have the youth over for board games on Friday nights.) I love having the teens over, especially for some screen-free face time with actual human beings, but I hate housework. They don't care much, but it's helpful if we can actually see the table. LOL!
Old 07-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #78  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Friday Afternoon

This week really went fast lol

Jesika Beth Thanks for the birthday wishes. My son's birthday was really nice. He turned 21 boy am I getting old lol. I always wanted to be on jury duty and they called me two years ago. Hope you get an easy case. Also I'm rarely on plan when TOM rolls around, be easy on yourself you'll get back on track.

Rennie Thanks for the birthday wishes and I wish you could come for a visit. We would have so much fun lol Great job on going easy with the popcorn, not easy to do I love movie theater popcorn.

Pinkstarberry Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been steamy here as well :fire: Temps have been in the 90's and I've been getting out around 6:45 to walk my dog. And to think I was going to sign up for hot yoga lol. I don't know if I would make it lol.

Curvy Thanks for the birthday wishes. It is nice having our birthday's so close together I just didn't want him to be born on my birthday lol, just so he can have his own day. What are you guys doing on your retreat, sounds like it will be fun?

MartineThanks for the birthday wishes. My son turned 21. Seems like yesterday that he was a baby. How did the plumbing job go? Also, what did you bake for the sale

Have a great day everyone and start to your weekend

Last edited by lovemylife001; 07-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #79  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
akelly - I couldn't think of another group that I'd want to grow old with! So happy to hear that you're loving the new job. I definitely think out of college it's better to have varied exposure to things so you can figure out where you really want to hone in and focus on what you do best. Glad to hear you've been able to refine the work and do what you love. I'm super curious about which firm you went from and to (but don't feel obligated to tell me). I used to work for one as well (actually two), but focused on communications for the company, nothing to do with the consulting side of the world.

LOL - I think my husband is weird for eating all of those ones you listed. I was never a huge fan of plain cheerios, but give me honey nut cheerios and I could probably live off of them.
I PM'd you re:Big 4 :-) Saw your post about the subway problems - you may not have gone to the gym, but with no A/C, I bet you did sweat a bit more than normal - so count that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Good Morning Everyone

Alicia it's our thread , I just start it with hopes of keeping our group together I love that we are not a huge group so for the most part we can keep it personable in a weight loss kinda way And yes growing old in maintenance I'm gonna have to look up the 7Up man, those emojis make me want M&M's Wow a 42% raise on earning what you are worth (I hope that's ok to say) Alicia I'm so afraid to give a firm number and then be disappointed if I don't come close. I would definitely love to 171.8 by the end of the month but 10lbs takes a ton of discipline and I seem to lack that after a couple of good days But I'll give YOU 171.8 (172) LOL on the cereal chat causing chaos My son bought Cap N Crunch and Cinnamon Toast Crunch ... yuck the nastiest cereal to me. So n worries on this end

OK back to the cereal ... maybe it's just me, but Alicia Sugar Smacks stink in the box and they make your pee stink (pew) and Kukkie honey cheerios are delicious going down but they make your pee stink also I also don't do French Vanilla anything for that same reason ... makes me gag when I use the bathroom ... weird I know

well drum roll this should be motivation but idk we shall see ... ok drum roll ... I am down to 180.6
LOL in my mind I know it's "our" thread - but my heart knows it's Rennie's lol! Girl you deserve the credit since you manage the opening and closing each month and you pick out incredible thread titles for the season/month.

Congrats on the 180.x! Taking care of business over there! And congrats on the NSV of not eating buckets of popcorn! I haven't been to the movies in forever, I got way too comfortable downloading them off iTunes or watching Netflix. I used to go like once a week - my wallet thanks me for being a boring old adult now, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Good morning

I hope everyone is well and had a wonderful 4th of July. Short week for me as I took yesterday off. Weight still 208 lbs which I'm alright with since I didn't do any heavy, out of the ordinary eating.

Aw, I missed out on the fantastic and robust cereal conversation. There is not one that anyone listed that I DON'T like but I have to ask, are these cereals you enjoy "wet" and/or dry? I'm not much of a dry cereal eater so when I say I like (and some I love ) it's with milk.

Congratulations on the new job! It seems almost when all the pieces--workload, great team AND ample compensation--come together, doesn't it. To be excited and invigorated by one's work is something to be grateful for.

I love your your words to Rennie and they're ones I need to hear as well. I decided late last month that if I don't set mini-goals for myself and ACT on some of the things I think about or tell myself, this loop is going to continue. I will forever be the Sisyphus of dieting--roll the boulder up the hill, watch it roll back down...rinse, repeat Thanks for the reminder and extra

Lots to catch up on at work so I'm off for now. Wishing all a fantastic day
Ohhh girl, I def have to have milk w/ my cereal!! The only times I can remember eating it dry was waaay back when I was a kid, my mom would put a few handfuls of dry lucky charms or fruit loops in a little ziplock baggie and when I started getting antsy in church, she would give me the bag. Pretty sure I would just pick out and eat the marshmallows and leave the "grain" haha!

Well, be sure to reciprocate the butt-kick to me when you see my numbers bouncing up! I need a butt-kicking just like my friends! haha!

And yes, crazy how magical the working life can be when an employer appreciates you in proportion to the amount of effort you put in! Novel idea huh! I'm not asking for a mansion or 6 months off - I'm just asking for support, fair pay, and the flexibility to have a life outside of our projects, lol! I never knew that existed - but now that I know what I'm worth, and what I deserve for my quality of life - I'm never accepting anything less

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Good morning everyone

[and Happy Friday to ME LOL!]

Sitting here at work, catching up on 3FC before my day gets a rollin'. I have an insanely busy day ahead. Needless to say, I'm thankful for

I have off work Monday because I have Jury Duty. I've never done Jury Duty before. But hey, I'll take it. My week, although short d/t the Holiday, has felt excruciatingly long

As for food/diet/weightloss: I'm kind of off on my food lately. I'm frustrated. I'm PMS'ing, and without fail every single month this happens. I'm trying to just let it go, but knowing the # on the scale has gone up is disheartening Ah the joys of being a woman.

I'll probably be back later to check in. I hope everyone has a good day.
Hi! Hope jury duty is either painless - or interesting for you! The worst outcome for jury duty is having to report in for 2-3 mornings only to find out your group is cut. What a waste. Reversely, it's also not fun to get picked only to find out the case is some white collar meaningless paperwork trap for someone to try and get a settlement for something ridiculous. My grandmother was a juror decades ago and their case was so high profile that the juror had to be put up in the hotel downtown, no outside contact for almost 2 weeks. This was before cell phones and facebook - shoot it was before AOL lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Friday Afternoon

This week really went fast lol

Have a great day everyone and start to your weekend
Yes this week flew by! But it also was one of the most socially frustrating weeks. If our country would act like our 3FC family and rally around each other, give unconditional support, and just stop all this social injustice and violence - we'd be a million miles ahead, and a million times happier. I normally dont get on a soap box rant, but dang - everyone on both sides seem to "want" the same thing - a prosperous yet peaceful country that acts with the utmost integrity and is one of the many countries that sets forth a good example. Yet, somehow, I feel like every "path" taken is NOT the path forward. Not trying to bring our thread down, but ladies (+Joe) I think we need to take this party public and run for office as a group! Can you imagine the impact we'd have??

Martine, Joe, Jill, everyone!

As for me - not too special of a week - just kinda bobbing up and down against my goal line :-) Need to add some cardio - and get some better sleep (i.e. dont stay on instagram and pinterest till 4am and then wake up 8am for conference calls lol). Had my 2 month checkup with my doctor on Wednesday. Down 25 pounds since my last visit on May 3rd. He was impressed - so that was a nice confidence booster. Just need to see a big whoosh this weekend and I think I'll be really motivated to get down to the next decade - which will be a HUGE boost in my mood - to be within 20 pounds of Onederland!
Old 07-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

I have decided that I am going to ignore the scale this week, it's just frustrating me. Instead I am trying to focus on how much I have already lost and how much better my clothes fit etc. This morning I found a pair of pretty undies that I bought last year that I thought would fit but when I got home they wouldn't even go past my thighs, so I was like what the ****, lets see what happens, tried them on and they actually fit! So that was a good start to the day. This week has kinda been a wash exercise wise, I switched jobs and lost my insurance and one of my meds without insurance is over $260 for 1 months worth and without that medicine I have a lot more pain and swelling than usual. I also got a product called bio cleanse, it's from Plexus, I had tried this stuff last year and the main product the slim wasn't all that impressive but this bio cleanse is really great if you have digestive irregularity, it really helps keep you regular and helps with bloating etc. I love this stuff and I don't think I ever want to be without it again lol. Hope everyone has had a great week and have a great weekend!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #81  
Gizmo

akelly728 wow down 25 pounds, that's awesome!

FieryCupcake you have the right mindset. The scale is not the be all and end all. You're achieving fitness and seeing actual changes in your body, that counts much more than any number on a scale.

loveofmylife001 For work, I made strawberry oatmeal bars and I made these cupcakes:

Went to bed really late (midnight) as I was picking up my husband at a friend's. So even though I slept in late (7:30 is late for me), I talked myself into a long workout: 30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of upper body work. Compensating a bit for not exercising yesterday.

01: 238.0
02: 238.2
03: 238.4
04: 237.2
05: 237.6
06: 236.8
07: 238.4
08: 237.6
09: 237.2

Last edited by Martine; 07-09-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #82  
lovemylife001

Good Saturday Morning Everyone

Perfect day temp wise

Akelly728 on the 25lbs. That's terrific!

Fierycupcake I've taken a month off from the scale and it really helps. I go by how my clothes fit.

MartineThanks for the birthday wish. Those cupcakes look so delicious thanks so much. At least I'm safe with just a picture of them lol. The strawberry oatmeal bars sound delish too lol. You know what I absolutely love is lemon bars oh boy, I can eat a whole pan of those I told everyone no lemon bars for my birthday lol

Waving hi all around. Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 07-09-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I've been much too long looking for an appropriate sized apartment chair. I wasn't born with either the fashion or design gene but every once in a while the mood strikes where I actually desire to make an effort with my living environment. Not that there is anything wrong or bad with my current one except that it consists of few things that I actually chose versus inherited. I am the hand me down While comfortable there hasn't been a lot of thought or effort put into thinking about what I really like. I've typically run the path of least resistance

@Martine: I hope your co-workers realize how very, very lucky they are to have you as a colleague Those are not only cupcakes but works of art! My goodness they look delicious. I hope the new pillows lead to excellent and

@FieryCupcake:You're making a wise choice for yourself to ignore the scale. I know I've let the number on the scale control me many times and it's not healthy. It's just ONE indicator of progress. How your clothes fit is another. for cute panties that fit! Cute undies in smaller sizes is one of the true joys of weight loss. Happy to know that the cleanse you ordered works and will help "unleash" some of the bloat.

@akelly728: Twenty-five pounds down since May 3! Good on you, girl! I am so impressed I'm thrilled that your doctor was as well. Keeping my you see the whoosh you desire

to Rennie, Joe, Kukkie, pinkstarberry, Gale, JesikaBeth, lovemylife001 and everyone else on this fabulous thread! A fun filled and safe Saturday to all

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-09-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #84  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Trina : ... May you be blessed with many more Trina that's what I said when my daughter turned 23 the year, then my son graduated high school and is off to college in August. Wow just wow!

Ha pinkstarberry LOL glad I'm not the only one My kids just shake their heads at the extra butter I've tried every butter topping that walmart sells for my popcorn and none of it compares to the the theater popcorn ... if the old stretches make you feel good and get the kinks from where they are then I say, keep doing them

Curvy thanks for the links on sleep ... haven't read them yet but I definitely need to. My issue is going to bed so early. I have a 12 year old that wants to spend time with mommy (which I love) It's easy when school is in I can come home go to bed and get up when she gets home. She's so tired she'll do her homework, watch a little tv, get ready for the next day and then off to bed shortly after I go to bed but now she has all of this time and I'm pooped most of the time

Kukkie you probably did enough sweating on that train. NO confession necessary

Martine still haven't opened the sleep links yet. One talks about pillow?? I bought new pillows one is supposed to help you stay cool but doesn't work for me. One is supposed to be memory foam I'm not sure what it does since I keep switching them through the night They have this $49.99 pillow that I've been wanting to try. I can't remember the name of it but I saw it on an infomercial. We went to see Money Matters with George Clonney. It was pretty good My daughter and I are going to see Miracles from Heaven next week The only reason we are going so much is because it's inexpensive and she loves being in a theater for some reason. Kids are funny Martine TOM is here and all I want is chocolate Yum on your chocolate dessert Martine my birthday was in April ... you can send me belated cupcakes I won't mind Good job on the workout this morning

Gale oh my goodness 4!! it has been awhile I'll tell you, I don't know if you and Kukkie remember me telling you ... one of the greatest NSV's for me was being able to go from the basement to the top floor of our house behind Rissa. I had to gate the 3rd level off because I couldn't get up there behind her quick enough, smh. So I know the joy of keeping up with the little ones Gale I use to do a chocolate protein shake with coffee, I forgot thanks for the reminder LOL on house cleaning and seeing the table. Tables are a catch all. My middle son said he's gonna buy me a file cabinet. I said nope, buy me a good shredder

Alicia RE: the thread, you're too sweet Well when I watch a redbox or netflix movie everybody complains because they (think) that they have to pause the movie for me. I get up a lot. I always think of stuff to do while I'm watching the movie when I'm home and thanks to the $2.50 movie I'm a happy camper and with the couple's special which she and I get we get a dollar off Ha, welcome to my world regarding a life outside of work ... BIG SIGH! I have none it seems most times Alicia LOL we are a good group of folks huh GREAT JOB on the 25lbs down GO ALICIA you can do Onederland here she comes. 2016 is your year

FieryCC, I've seen that Plexus Slim and often wondered about it. So you're saying it doesn't work? but the cleanse does? How often do you do the cleanse? Sorry about the insurance.

Well I missed a few weigh in's. No biggie, TOM is here in full swing, arghhhhh nothing to report. I'm doing poorly. I need a plan that will work for me so that I can cut down on the snacking ... I'm hoping it is just TOM but idk.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #85  

Love2b150 For me I didn't see that much of a difference when I was on the Slim, it could be due to the timing, diet, my meds etc but for me it wasn't worth it for the cost. The bio cleanse works great though, its a very gentle cleanse, you take 2 pills twice a day between meals. Usually takes a couple days for it to start working but once it does it keeps you regular. You get enough for 30 days, I have done it for a month then stopped and regretted it because for some reason no matter what I do I just can't stay regular and I definitely noticed a difference after just a couple days being off it. I know people who have done the Plexus Slim and they rave about the weight loss and others don't lose at all, some gain. They have a lot of products that I haven't tried that could be helpful but haven't tried personally. I don't think it's the miracle they claim it to be but to each his own.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #86  
lovemylife001

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Well I really had a good birthday yesterday. I didn't' over do it with food either lol. I ate on plan all yesterday accept for the piece of caramel cake so delicious. My mother made it for me. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Boy did it go fast lol. I'll be back later time for
Old 07-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Happy Sunday! Lovemylife001, I agree; the weekend just flew by! It sounds like you had a wonderful and enjoyed it without feeling any cake, food, or drink hangover! Consider it an extra gift to yourself!

Not a lot to report. I'm working on the retreat agenda that I'll be doing with my staff on Tuesday and Wednesday. My plan is to NOT work the whole day

@Rennie: I'm up two pounds and TOM has let me know that it's on the way. I'm expecting it early to mid-week. Per usual I'm retaining water and bloated. While it's normal and I shouldn't be surprised, it is always a when I see that scale jump 2-4 pounds seemingly overnight. It always goes away but still...

Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 AM   #88  

Well with the release of Pokemon Go the hubby and I have been out walking every day! Getting a lot of walking and steps in all because of a damn game lol! It's super fun but I'm happy that it's another way for us to get out of the house and be active. I got almost 10k steps in on Saturday and I'm normally under 2k. Hope everyone had a great weekend, hoping to hit the pool tomorrow as well!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone. Woke up this morning with an elephant sitting above the right side of my head. I'm tired and achy from an activity filled weekend. TOM is set to arrive any moment now, and while I saw a loss over the weekend, I am up to 213.6 this morning. Sigh.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #90  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend I'm bummed that my staycation is over lol, so back to reality.

FieryCupcake Great job on your steps from Saturday. That's pretty awesome.

Kukkie Hope your TOM symptoms ease up. That TOM gain will be gone before you know it. Great job on being down this weekend.

Waving hi all around. Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread