Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #346  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Morning!

Davisag - my Rheumatologist is doing his best to get me to move around... Just hasn't happened yet - I am stubborn! LOL. I do love his suggestion though. Get a pedometer and just add 100 steps to what you are walking each day and then the next week add another 100 and so on. Its a very slow way of moving - but like he said it's a great way to also train your brain and psyche to move around more on a regular basis without thinking of it as "exercise" and it will lead to a healthier lifestyle over all. I keep thinking once the pain stops I will start moving but so far it hasn't stopped for 14 years. Guess I better get off the couch.

Slash: You truly are my inspiration for exercise! Just reading about what you do tires me You will make it happen. Stay positive and dedicated - that is the hardest part, the rest will follow!

I am having a weird week with the scale... Monday it was 221 for the second week - yesterday was 219 and today 218. That is why I don't trust what is going on and will wait for "official" weigh in on Monday. I didn't lose 3 pounds in a month of trying and being 100% - so how am I losing it in 3 days while not monitoring food? I know that I have not added any exercise nor restricted my food that much - the only thing I can think of was that I was knocked flat by a migraine for 4 days and spent all on Monday and Tuesday sleeping and Wednesday and Thursday was afraid to eat much due to nausea. I am sure once I eat normal amounts again it will go back up.

Why is it so easy to believe when the scale goes up but not when it goes down?
Old 08-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #347  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Kat: UGH! I just went through a couple of weeks of that fun with the scale. It took so long to get below 230. I kept seeing great numbers throughout the week, but then it would be up for Monday's weigh in. And I refuse to change from Monday weigh ins. I hope you get some love on Monday!! Oh, and you're right... when I see a bigger loss, I'm always thinking, "Well, that can't be right."

For me, I've been seeing some good numbers on the scale, and I'm hoping I'll be able to hold on! I don't know if I'll have a Monday scale reading. I'm going to be out of town, so I either need to take my scale, or just put it off. Seriously, I might just take my scale. I am that obsessed.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Girl I don't monitor my calories or how much either. But I monitor eating right and still give myself cheats to trick my body. So you might have lost 3 pounds. Here's to hoping the scale is right!!
Old 08-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #349  

Thanks Davisag! I am hoping so as well. I'm staying away from the scale until weigh in on Monday. Fingers crossed!

To treat myself I made fresh squeezed lemonade (with stevia) today. It's especially nice as the heat index has it at 105 right now!
Old 08-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #350  

Wooohooo! Official weigh in today was 219.4!

So excited after a few months of slow results. Now down 51 pounds. Still another 89 to go But I'm just going to focus on the 215 for now...and getting back into a few dresses in my closet.

At that stage where I have no idea what fits and what doesn't but not psychologically ready to face trying everything on in my closet. So consequently I am wearing the same few shirts and pants to work every day. So far the wide leg ponte pants from Woman Within have been a closet saver. They are like 25-30 bucks (if you keep a watch - their prices fluctuate constantly!) but they are comfortable and since they are the elastic waist they can go a long way in weight drop. They aren't the best quality in the world - they do fade and pill after about a year, but to be fair they get hard use from me. I have 3 pair and that is what I wore every day at work and on weekends - so they got washed every week, sometimes twice a week. I was happy when I dropped from the 24s to the 18s. Once I get into 12's I have full wardrobes waiting for me that are practically brand new! It's the sizes between that will be a challenge.

How is everyone today? Did you all have good weekends?
Old 08-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #351  
Diane

Kat: Congrats on the nice new weight!!! That's very cool! I get what you're saying about trying on clothes that you hope will fit. It can be a struggle if they don't, but how great is it when they do!?

For me, I finished up a big goal I had for this year. It was a very big, difficult hike that I did on Monday. I am still very sore from it, so recovering. I hope to get back to regular workouts tomorrow. I didn't get to weigh in on Monday, so I weighed in today. Down a pound, so that's good. Would have liked to have been lower, but spent time with my Mom and her gourmet food over the weekend.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #352  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Kat: Congrats on the nice new weight!!! That's very cool! I get what you're saying about trying on clothes that you hope will fit. It can be a struggle if they don't, but how great is it when they do!?

For me, I finished up a big goal I had for this year. It was a very big, difficult hike that I did on Monday. I am still very sore from it, so recovering. I hope to get back to regular workouts tomorrow. I didn't get to weigh in on Monday, so I weighed in today. Down a pound, so that's good. Would have liked to have been lower, but spent time with my Mom and her gourmet food over the weekend.
Slashnl: did you finally do the incline?
Old 08-18-2016, 10:44 AM   #353  

I have finally figured out my relationship with my scale.

It's like that one clique you desperately wanted to be a part of in high school... you want it to like you, you get giddy when it shows you any kind of positive response, yet you resent it at the same time for having the 'power" or prestige. You almost hate it at times when it ignores you or responds negatively yet you keep going back day after day hoping for something positive to happen.

That is me and my scale. Yup. we never progressed past the "Jock Hall" or 3rd floor girls bathroom groupings... I am still on the outside in the art room thinking one day of I did everything right - it would like me. it would really, really like me.

*SIGH*

Right now my scale doesn't like me and I resent it! I resent it so hard that I want to do it harm... but I know I can't. I also know I shouldn't weigh during the week - but I did. I got cocky. I saw that the scale smiled at me Monday when no one else was around to witness it... and today it all but gave me a wedgie and stuffed me in a locker.

Monday - 219.4 Today - 222.4 WTF?!?!?! I'm dropping out of school!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #354  
Diane

Kat: Ok, I know you're frustrated, but that was really entertaining! Well said and very funny!

Davisag: Yep, did the incline. I made it all the way up and down. Just glad it is over and I'll never do it again!!!!!!

For me, I made it back to the gym today, for Body Pump. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I could tell my knees haven't fully recovered yet. They'll be fine, but still a little achy. Hopefully, spin class will be ok tomorrow. I'm going to try!!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #355  

Hi there Diane,

I have to try to keep some sense of humor about this otherwise I think I would go batsh*t crazy! I think I may put this in the regainers thread to share. It cracks me up each time I read it. Also helps me from taking myself too seriously. LOL

Congrats on your incline hike! That is certainly an incredible accomplishment! You succeeded in reaching your goal... now you can cross it off the list and say whew! done with that one!

Davisag - how are you doing?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #356  

well I have been bouncing between 228-232 for a week. It's been a bad stressful week ladies. Sorry I'm so quite
Old 08-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #357  
Diane

Davisag: Sorry you are having a stressful time right now. Hope things get better for you soon.

Kat: I agree. Might as well laugh!

Having a busy weekend. Hoping for a good scale experience tomorrow!
Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Hello, everyone, it's me - the gal who was going to check in every day to offer support .

After coming back from my vacation, I tried hard - I really did. That darn scale kept bouncing between 229 and 234, so I said the **** with it and went on a diet vacation. The damage isn't TOO bad; I'm 235.6 today. BUT, I am also feeling depressed and anxious about my weight, and ready to work hard again. Today is a brandnewday, after all, so I'm beginning again.

I keep reminding myself that I have lost 50 lbs, and I can lose 50 more. Now it's just the doing it!

You'll see me around more regularly, that's a promise.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #359  
Diane

BrandNewDay: Yep, here you go! Just forget the past and move forward! I'm glad you'll be posting!

For me, I am up just a little bit from last week, and I wasn't too surprised. It wasn't a normal week, with the big incline hike, and then taking a few rest days. Even into the weekend, I felt kind of tired, so I didn't hit it hard at all. I probably indulged a little too much yesterday, too, so that's what happens. I am also moving forward. Back to regular workouts and running this week, and tracking food. I'd really like to get in the 2 teens!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #360  

Well - like you Davidag - I had a very rough week on a personal level and it certainly triggered my stress/emotional eating. It's okay to be quiet... but hopefully you remember we are here to support you in the good and the bad.

Brandnewday: The past is done - you can start anew with every meal! It's a new one for me too. Started a new diet program yesterday and am determined to make it work since is it rather expensive

Diane: Got to let your body recuperate, lady! I am sure everything will even out soon after that big hike.
Closed Thread