Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:09 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

welcome!

I'm laying here in the dark as it's chilly out and I don't want to emerge from my warm bed just yet. Do you know there are some days I feel I just move from soft surface to soft surface and think I'm not doing anything in between? Ive got to change such!

I need to start pulling out my garden. All in good time as there are still tomatoes on the plants and my marigolds are the only thing really huge this year. What were suppose to be the 6" tall variety are over 24". Something happened. I'm certainly not ready to face winter so I'll hang onto my garden a tad longer.

Trying to be diligent w the water consumption. It can be hard some days but I'm managing to get at least 99oz each day. It'd be so nice if you were guaranteed to loose 3 lbs in doing this in addition to the normal water weight gain/release. I'll just be happier my cells are plumper and my skin "acts" like I'm young. Yes I did that ridiculous skin pinch test the good news is it stills springs back even before 1 sec let alone 4. I guess I can be a spring chicken somewhere I just hope w weight loss the rest of my skin will recede some. I seem to recall it did in the past but I was 15 years younger and pre-kids. One can hope.

Have a good day as best you can. I know people still have a heavy heart on this day so prayers to all and may the world settle down.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #407  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

A warm, comfy bed is one of the great luxuries in life, Lemon! And best enjoyed on a cool morning. But fresh tomatoes would get me outta there! mmmmm

Well, I made it to the pool yesterday. Fortunately, I didn't push myself to do lots of laps to make up for lost time..."fortunately" because my joints rebelled, especially shoulders. I felt achy and flu-ey all evening. Feeling bad--in more ways than one--that I haven't kept up with the pool exercises. I MUST make this a regular habit. And I didn't get the weight lifting done as the day just got away from me...just as well.

Good news. I lost one pound! ok...i'm not really dancing...I'm struggling to feel grateful for any loss. I have GOT to get this weight off my joints, and it's not easy. But this one pound, and five or eight of its friends, are party crashers that keep coming back...time to host a different kind of party...
Old 09-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #408  

Yeah for the one pound lost! It's better than 2 on! Oh the swim: build back into it sometimes when you set it aside though you know you can probably do the full time you used to, ease back into it. If you are lap swimming maybe do that for 1/2 the time and the remaining time you set aside just use the kick board and lap that way. You'll build your stamina back. I used to do that and the kick board helped w the hurtys on many restarts you don't burn as much but your body likes you better.

I'm sitting here beginning homemade Halloween costumes. I need more tulle! I'll send DH tomorrow on his lunch. My eating today has been mehhh. We had a on extendo family bday celebration and though I've done fairly well w the meals surrounding not so much w the cake. I had a piece but it felt like 12 when I was done. I'm downing my water now to help make up with such feeling of overeating.

My newest meal add on - I've been roasting veggies in the oven for dinner often. I'm looking for some good combos so if you have any drop it in here. I prefer them on a jelly roll w more room so they crisp up more. I did the ratatouille style but I think I used too many varieties of veggies so the taste was a bit wonky. How do you all like your veggies?

What do you all view as the best part of your meals in your day? My demand for water is once again saying hello since I started drinking it en force again so that's one. For me meal wise just the fresh and simple seems to be something I'm enjoying. Sometimes I think we get too stuck in layering up in flavors or multi ingredients. I'm slowly figuring out simple is once again enjoyable.

Here's to more good scales to you all. I think I'll go plank for a very short time but maybe it'll make me feel fabulous. Oh and before I forget do any of you use a kettleball in your workouts? I'm looking at how to start incorporating and if there is any benefit.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #409  

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I took a hiatus from stepping on the scale today. I am doing laundry, so part will go out on the line, so I will have that extra movement.

Hope everyone is doing well! Off to go lug my water bottle with me and dive into these costumes and presents. Hey maybe at some point I will feel full of zip and think about christmas presents - who the heck am I kidding? I don't want to think of winter yet.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #410  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Can I still hang out here with you ladies? I like it here...
Old 09-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #411  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm up to date on my ticker... I'm refocusing after too much time giving in to indulgences, and not tracking on weekends. I've gone up over 230 again, so I have to stop it here and get back to doing what works. It takes almost no time to start piling on the pounds. So, need to get back to working hard and staying on track. I wish the weight would come off as easily as it goes on. I wasn't going to update my ticker and all, but I am facing reality and moving on.

So, I went to spin class this morning, and I'm going to try to do some running after work. My hip seems to be better, and I'll just try not to hurt it again.

Kat: Yes, of course you can stay in this group! We like having you here!!!

Lemonthyme: Yes, it truly is a struggle, isn't it?! I think giving up is just not an option, though. I look at myself and if I were to just give up, I am sure I would gain every pound that I have lost so far. So, we'll just keep going!! I'm so glad you are back!!

SeeMyFeet: I don't know what happened with my hip. It just kind of has a "catch" sometimes and then is sore. I am beginning to think that it is more of a problem with tightness than it is an actual injury. So, I found some exercises/stretching to do to try to make it better. I haven't been doing any yoga/pilates lately, and I'm wondering if I'm just stiffening up. Aging is wonderful.

Anita: Welcome!! Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Old 09-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Good morning, everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!

I met a mini goal today... weighing in at 220 lbs! At 5'7" that means I'm out of class 2 obesity and into class 1 obesity. I won't leave this thread until I see 219 for several days in a row My weight loss has been really wonky the past month, I think because I started some new hormonal birth control, and this week has been a lot of whooshes at last...lol.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 230/217/170

Height: 5'7

CONGRATULATIONS pinkstarberry - all of the work that went into reaching your mini goal should be celebrated! I hope you have a great day!
Old 09-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #414  
Diane

PinkStarBerry: Nice!! That's a good number to see!!

I actually had a better weigh in today. I came down about 3 pounds from yesterday, so there must have been something from the weekend causing water retention. Still higher than I want to be, and I won't be changing my ticker yet, but I was glad to see the lower number.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #415  

good to read you are all loosing! I stalled, but expected that both in my food choices, lack of decent activity and the like. However 240.4 is better than 245. I know this is the 20/30 thread, but I don't want to go tot he 40s. Sorry, I found a home here in the 20/30s however, it'd certainly be nice to get out of those too.

Took the car in today, I am sad to report that all 4 of us in the waiting room all had visits by their service team for upsells - all between $200-600. My extra would have been an additional $300. hahahaha. Not today boys, not today. We'll get it done in a timely manner, but geez, when you are already spending and arm/leg, need you throw in your foot too? I would if it guaranteed a smaller weigh-in. As is, it does not.

Anyone enjoy the halloween time? I am working on those costumes, I do hope they turn out well. I make them every year and always have fun making them and I must admit, getting compliments. Always a nicety.

Well, heres to happy scales tomorrow. Sorry I am wordy today, it's one of those days my kids are driving me nutty so adult convo is important.

Good luck all! Maybe I can end the week at 238, that's my mini goal for Friday. Here's hoping.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #416  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

PSB - woooohoooo! for you! Love seeing that second digit change! Soon it will be the first one! Keep going!

Diane - I think we are in the same place. Today I was an oreo's width away from just saying to heck with all this - I am just going to eat what I want. And then, I had to bend down to pick something up off the floor and felt like all my co-workers could see was a big old donkey butt up in the air! So.... I will give IP a few more weeks. If I can't stick with it or lose then I will go back to Atkins. That was working for me when I paid attention.

Lemon: I hate going in for car repairs! They never turn out to be the small job you thought they would be. - And by the way - we like it when you are wordy

Here's to lighter numbers for us all tomorrow. Let's try to make a push so we can all move down to the next thread.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #417  

Did you ever stop and look at the lists you make for yourself to get done and you are the furthest thing on that darn list? THATS ME! I go too thinking I wanted to work on the costumes, but i have birthday gifts to get done for this week, I want to weed a flower bed (one of 5 - they all need it!) but I have to plant perennials that have been sitting on my porch for weeks. Needless to say my time management, my wants/desires etc - hahahaha not working AT ALL.

Did I say I have a tendency to get lost in it all?

Does anyone eat avocados? And are you finding the price to be fluctuating quite a bit - leaning on higher right now? I miss my breakfast avocado, but the stingy woman I can be does not want to pay more than 85¢ and avocado and right now they are about $1.25 each. I can wait. Sorry avocado growers, your market is too volatile and yes I am in the US. I get that they are water hog dependent, but geez, I need to stretch my fresh budget so the avocado is off the list for the time being. Even their hidden 4/$5 is not drawing me in.

What do you find fills you most for breakfast? I am once again wobbling. The things I have had luck with all of a sudden I am finding I am hungrier by 945. Sure, I can have my snack, but prior I was able to go until almost 11. Usually I start my day with my hardboiled egg, a string cheese and then either cut up veggies or once a week a 1/2 whole wheat bagel. I don't know, thats what gets me is that you can do well for a while and then its like your body does a complete 180 and wants something else to hold it steady. I still say we should each be given a manual when we are born so we know how our bodies really truly work and what to do/watch for.

Off to go have more water, at least that I am keeping up with. now to rework list number 3billion and 98.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Woohoo SMF 1PD!!! Always be happy for any or even Maintaining for a few weeks. Means your body is adjusting. LEMON I spent 1/2 the day in bed on Sunday too . We deserve it. KAT everyone is welcome. Look forward to your updates. ANITA good to see a smiling face. SLASHNL glad your hip is doing better, and 3 pounds lost woohoo! PSB we are so proud of you!!

ME I weigh in officially tomorrow but weighed in today at 224!! I know it will be that way tomorrow too because no cheating tonight. Mini goal this next week 3 pounds less.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #419  

I'm down! 238.6! I also went out and worked the flowerbed for 1 hr 15 mins. And that was only a 12x3 section. Lordy. I got plants in and reconditioned the dirt that I swear is stale. In that section I forever loose everything but it's the area that by tyre time I get to it I have run out of amendments. So here's to hoping for plants that take off and do wonderfully. I will be digging at my moms to bring back some extras from her yard soon to add to it. Hopefully I can get it to look good.

As for my weight that was a nice surprise! I expected it to be static or even a bit higher. So maybe I'm doing something right. I have been relying on my crock pot for dinner this past week. I have been increasing my veggies with the roasting -yummy. Fruit is up as the apples are ready at the orchards and I have been feasting on the berries from the freezer I put up earlier. So those have been nice to focus on.

So here it goes perhaps I can get to 236 by Friday. Here's keeping everything crossed to get back down there and get this ball rolling down to the 220s.

My best to you all! As fall gets on here I'll find a bit more time to do personal shout outs. Life is too busy currently and I'm running quick.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #420  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Glad to hear about your weight loss! That's always a relief to have those pounds come back down. As for me, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. Not that I don't like it, but it comes in right after our hunting season, so I never have time to get stuff done for it. It was always stressful when the kids were younger because of the costumes and things they wanted/needed. Now that they are grown, it usually comes and goes without much effort from me.

Davisag: Nice! Looks like you had a nice weigh in too!

Kat: Now there's a good plan, to make a good push to get down to the next thread! I have a little ways to go yet, but I'm feeling better about where I am with it all.

I decided to go in and change my ticker as I was at the same weight this morning as yesterday. I normally only change it once a week, but I just don't want to see that higher number any more. So, better keep on track!! Had a really tough spin class this morning, and I hope to go running after work. Now, just need to focus on keeping on the food plan!
Closed Thread