Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Hey gals: I need help accessorizing wrap dress. I am not sure what to wear for shoes. I am not a stiletto type of gal, and in the past have worn ballet flats with my wraps (post partum feet swell) and heck, sometimes it's just more comfortable to not be tottering. But, I am in the market for a new pair of heels. Any suggestions? I don't have a huge budget so any thoughts would be good. Mind you by the time birthday is, I can have snow to contend with and I will have to wear *gasp* nylons so let me know your thoughts. Oh and I have been bequeathed the heavier calves and those never shrink no matter what I weigh, so I am not sure on tall boots either.

Day food wise is not going well. I tried, but the afternoon got to me. I have school functions this evening to get to and be awake at. Got to love when a carb crave hits you.

Slash: Oh the anticipation for a change like a vacation is always hard to get through. You just want to be vacationing. I hear you, I'd like to be doing that, but thats on the back burner until money is a bit more plentiful. Frankly, I also get the scale avoidance. Perhaps once you do get on you will be surprised in a good way.

kitten:
I am glad you are doing well and getting close to the 220s. Love to be there myself, but until the crazy TOM crap subsides, I am not doing well for this diet. Some months are just like that which always makes me pause and say WHY CANT I DEAL WITH THIS RATIONALLY? really now - that would be the worlds best answer to have in your back pocket. Hang in there and eat wisely.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #467  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoxieMommy View Post
Hi! I'm kinda new here (keep coming back after falling off the wagon). I know I benefit more with support around me. Can I join you guys?
Sure thing but post pics of your doxies!

We can do this, ladies!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Hi! I'm new here and my goal is to lose 100+ lbs. I weigh 235 lbs/106.6 kg and I have no idea how long it will be before I drop down to a healthy weight. I've been logging my food and restricting calories to 1,600 for 14 days now and I have not lost *any* weight at all. ugh. Thank you for starting this thread.. I don't feel so alone!
Old 10-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #469  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

So yesterday I put in a post, but something happened and it never made it. I just didn't have the energy to retype, so I'll try again today.

Lemonthyme: So, what I had said to you was that I hope that someone else had some ideas for you. I am not a shoe person at all. The only dressy shoes I have are only about a one inch heel, and they're more of a pump. I tend to go with flats and maybe boots in the winter. I also have bigger calves, so I like the short boots that only go up to your ankle or so.

LittleCat: Welcome! You are not alone! As for not losing weight, maybe you need to go lower? I track calories, and without adding in any exercise, I am supposed to stay at 1380. I do workout quite a bit, so I am usually over that. Do you workout too? One other thing that you might do, if you aren't already, is to use a food scale to make sure you're not just estimating calories in what you are eating. Just some thoughts! Stay strong!!!

Kittens: Yeah, I typically obsess over the scale. So for now, this is ok for me to avoid it. I can't be that way for too long, but for now....
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #470  

littlekat: Yes, it sounds like maybe you'll have to move down the calories in order to begin loosing a bit without exercise. I too am one that has to keep mine low if I want to loose. However I have been on a funk/hiatus from tracking so I shouldn't say too much. Somedays I'd like to eat a horse - well you know what I mean - stuff it all in my mouth. Welcome!

Slash: Yep, I have had luck w/the lower boots, but then too w/a skirt that will make me look stocky (or like a kardashian) if I keep them ankle high. I guess I will throw caution to the wind and see what I may find. I am dragging DH out this weekend to do all sorts of shopping, mostly for home items, but I will look for the shoes and nylons/tights. I already have the spanx. Lordy - all the pulling in we do for a night out. Hah. When do you leave to go hunt?

Hello everyone!

AM: Got on the scale last night before bed, I was up. What's new? I am only 1/4 committed in feeling right now to tracking my calories and exercising. I am in a funk but hope w/little steps to get out of it and then back on track. Let's just say getting over repeat loss isn't the easiest thing to do ever. I mean well w/the weight and I do want it off, but I am mending a bruised and battered spirit at the same time and that can become it's own war.

On a non-diet note - it's to be 36° tomorrow night. WOOT, autumn is really here then isn't it? I drug my begonia to the garage so I can attempt to winter over the tuber, I have one last plant to ditch, I am not going to try and save it all winter. Also on a non-diet - how do you add a dog into your family mix? We haven't had one in the time we have been married - both our families did, so that part isn't new. But it'd be new for our house and our kids. I am just wondering.

Ok - well heres to no one beating themselves up about the darn scale. I do aim to get better and on the stick with this whole thing. I participate here to keep the spirits up even if my weight doesn't shift much I can help cheer you all on. Here's to good spirits~
Old 10-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #471  

Morning all! Hope no one is having to deal with the hurricane issues on the east coast - if so, please stay safe!

So last night I looked at myself and then looked at DH and said I think we both need to go to the gym - he took it as I said he was fat. Lordy, I didn't I just said we both had plumped up recently and we need to reverse that. So my ILS will have the kids this weekend and hopefully I will have a partner to go move with. Maybe this will be what gets me going in the right direction again. I have to enter my foods from breakfast but aim on those being pretty ok. I will just keep it going as best I can.

Wishing you all a fine start to your weekend! And yes,my hair still looks like the top of that dancing broccoli!
Old 10-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #472  

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm feeling very motivated today. I weighed myself this morning and have not lost any weight yet.

slashnl: thanks for the advice! I think I will have to go lower but it's very difficult. I feel like I'm struggling with all the changes I have to make in my life if I want to lose weight and be healthy. Great idea about the scale.. I have a digital one so I'm going to be weighing my food as much as possible..

lemon: thank you for welcoming me! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has to restrict my calories rather significantly to lose weight. It's so difficult. I don't want to keep moaning about it but it's hard to come to terms with knowing that I have to make this change in my life permanent.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #473  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Sometimes a night out is just so much work!! Ha! You are brave, by the way, to get on the scale. I've been avoiding it like crazy. I may not even get close to it until after we get back. We're leaving next Friday. I've pretty much checked out already, but maybe with the three day weekend I have coming up, I can get focused. Maybe.

LittleCat: It is so tough sometimes! I totally get it. Just stay with us and we'll help you with the frustration part. Hang with us!

For me: Yep, just biding my time right now. The weather has been much cooler lately, so it makes me think of comfort food. I am really focused on taking some time off, but I also know that I need to refocus and be ready to work hard when I get back. I've already been giving self-talk about that.

Have a good weekend!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #474  

littlekat: moan away - we all have been there, currently stuck there etc. This is a pretty friendly group, some of us have been stuck here weight wise for sometime We all have good intentions. I know for myself I just end up finding myself eating as my kids eat, which is horrid because they move lots, me not so much. Hence why I have been stuck. the whole, I'll get to it never materializes. So I wish you luck in finding what will help your scale start to move. I know some ladies love TOM for a whoosh. I however am not one of those either, I generally go up and stay there. What do you plan to do for movement?

Slash: Oh comfort foods - yep those have hit me big time - pumpkin nut bread, pasta based meals, beef stew with fresh from the oven bread. Sorry you mentioned comfort foods and I went there! enjoy your break, that might actually make you m ore motivated once you return to get to 200 by christmas. It might be doable looking at your ticker.

Hello all!

AM:
So DH says to me, I think I won't go tonight because I have the sniffles (to the gym). Really the sniffles? Yes the sniffles, I said you're going too bad so sad and take a box of kleenex with you in case your sniffles really becomes something. Now, why are men so "oh I am dying" when they have allergies or the start to a cold? That I have yet to figure out. So we will be going, as much so I get there and then I'll cheer him on to get walking. We both are heavy right n ow and winter isn't even here. I swear we are part bear readying for hibernation. Maybe that means winter will be wicked cold? Oh lets hope not.

The sun is lovely and out right now. Got home from the grocery just a bit ago, so some fresh produce and restocked the proteins. Tomorrow will be getting more nuts and filling the freezer with all. I do sound like someone readying for hibernation. But the sun is nice the wind is quite high and I wonder if some of that is the front that they thought would help the hurricane break. Whatever the case, it's a hang onto your hat day here.

Wish me luck that DH will stay at the gym with me, perhaps we will find goodness in each others company as we burn our paitry calories moving our bods. One could hope!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:02 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Ok I have gained up and down for the last few weeks. That is why I am so quite. I am 226 but hope to remedy 2 of those pounds by next weigh in next week. I haven't had my good healthy food recently. Going shopping tomorrow to stock back up and get healthy snacks and foods. I also have been week so looking for a liquid vitamin to add to my drinks.

Been nice seeing the updates with everyone.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:24 AM   #476  

lemon: hi! Well I plan to use the Nintendo Wii because they have a couple of exercise and yoga programs. It uses a camera and a "balance board" to track your movements so you get instant feedback if you are doing the exercises correctly or not. I've used it before a few years ago and had some good results. I live in a beautiful neighborhood where many people walk around but I feel embarrassed to be out in front of people...maybe if I lose some weight I'll feel more comfortable about being active in public.
I enjoyed your comments about hibernation... I feel exactly like that now that its the time of year for soups, roasts, etc...getting all stocked up!
Old 10-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #477  
Ice Cream Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
lemon: hi! Well I plan to use the Nintendo Wii because they have a couple of exercise and yoga programs. It uses a camera and a "balance board" to track your movements so you get instant feedback if you are doing the exercises correctly or not. I've used it before a few years ago and had some good results. I live in a beautiful neighborhood where many people walk around but I feel embarrassed to be out in front of people...maybe if I lose some weight I'll feel more comfortable about being active in public.
I enjoyed your comments about hibernation... I feel exactly like that now that its the time of year for soups, roasts, etc...getting all stocked up!
I tried to wait until I lost weight to workout in front of people at the gym. I never lost the weight.

Now I go the gym, ignore the stares, and improve my self-esteem. And I'm losing the weight. Go out!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 AM   #478  

Jelly: Thanks for the advice. You're strong for being able to get to that gym and work out. I'm just not there yet... maybe soon...It won't be long and we'll need coats, scarves, etc to go walking and that covers a bunch of stuff up!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #479  

Jelly and little: I think you need to change your way of thinking for the better. You may be embarrassed or self conscious about your outer package at the gym, frankly think of it this way I AM MOVING MY BODY and doing something. Too bad on the haters who feel the need to pass judgement. The more you move, the more your body will do it's thing so what if you aren't the lithe one on the treadmill, you are taking your health into your own hands and making a positive change just hopping on the thing. YOU CAN DO THIS.

DavisAg: I just read you are to keep your fridge stocked (on who's budget?! Hah!)at all times with the good stuff so that when you open it you aren't deterred and want to grab that box of mac and cheese or can of soup you keep on hand in emergency I have nothing to eat days. I hear you though, sometimes the budget doesn't permit all the good things. Prices are wonky with all this rain and crops being underwater or dried out due to drought. I'd love to add avocados back to my breakfasts but I do not want to pay $1.50 for one. Maybe it's the miser in me, I rather the 3 or 4 for $1. But they are a trendy food right now, some say thats the issue that they can't keep up w/demand. I eat them because they are a good fat and protein. Alas, hang in there you will get it filled w/all sorts of goodies.

Slash: Did you brave the scale yet? I did over the weekend. Lets just say not pretty, unless you count pretty disappointing. So this morning i said like it or not, it's back to the calorie counting and trying to figure out a time to go ride. The good news is this hunting season is done this week, so I will at least get my evening option back to go move. Don't like going then, but hey I would rather have 2 options instead of just the 5 am one. I'm getting old, I used to find it really easy to get up early and move, these days, not so much.

Hello all!

I can't find my log in for this site, on my computer Im fine it's a saved password, on my phone not so much since I cleared the histories, I have it written in my little weight journal but my handy dandy little one ran off with it and I haven't seen it in a long time. ARGH. So my posting is not as much. Maybe that's good thing for y'all.

I'm readying the house for halloween. I have the pumpkins/corn outside, I need to decorate my door and finish making a wreath. My kids are still little and seeing the world through their eyes is always an inspiration to let them know in little ways they too are special. Costumes are done. Candy bought. Today I have to go to the basement and find the indoor decorations and get them set up. I have a bunch of papermache monster bobbles I had bought. They are fun to put out, however it's always the devil one that moves no matter what surface he's on. I should leave him in the box. But perhaps that will get done today too.

My best to you all. My mini goal this week is to loose anything. I will take a pound I will take even 3. My weight is back to 240, I will admit I haven't been focused. I am trying I can even picture myself thinner. DH and I were to Kohls the other day as I have a gift card and I walked out w/nothing. Right now a 2X is not appealing to spend on a gift card. Maybe goodwill, or maybe I will just use what I have here and get on the stick and loose this darn crap.

Happy monday - lets slay the pounds!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #480  
Ice Cream Slave

LittleCat: You're just as strong as I am!
LemonThyme: Good advice!

I'm down 2 lbs! It could've been more but I skipped out on the gym. I'll do better this week!
Closed Thread