Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #271  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. I wasn't stable enough to weigh this morning--the scale would not settle on a number. I'm only 3 days into this--it is going to be a long 6-8 weeks!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #272  
I can do this

Happy Saturday, all!

DH went to an auction this morning (Model T parts), so I had to get my own breakfast--foot hurts now--and I don't want to get up to take meds. DD just texted to say she's stopping by--she'll help!

DH weighed my shoes for me yesterday, so I was able to weigh this morning and subtract--208.5. I'm almost to my mini goal of 10% of my body weight!

If anyone's on Yahoo!, feel free to IM me today--I'm just hanging out! (bethohio3)
Old 04-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #273  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Hello Ladies. I have been busy with life and have not stopped my in awhile. I am staying on plan and these last few months have been tough. When is it ever easy right? I am now 205.6. So 6lbs to onderland.

I will be away for several weeks with no scale. I might go into withdrawl. It will be curious to see when I get home.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #274  
I can do this

Hi all,
Now that I know how much I shoes weigh (the special one for the recovering right foot and the regular one for the left), I can now weigh standing normally. AND excited me--it showed 209--which means 207.5. Half a pound more and I'll be at my next mini goal of having lost 10%I of my body weight!

I'm spending my "free" time (captively lying down) learning WordPress!

Happy Sunday, all!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #275  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Hey everyone! Welcome to any new people and congrats on everyone's losses! I don't have access to the internet much right now so keeping things short! Hope you all have a great week next week!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #276  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm feeling a bit anxious this morning. Andrew's dad is coming over for his first loan payment. I still feel guilty/ashamed/ect to be meeting with him. It will take time for me to move past it, I'm sure. I made a very intensive crab, shrimp and corn chowder for him tonight. I hope he likes it.

I also got approved for my scholarship for my Master's degree on Thursday, but I was on a business trip to Chicago- so I haven't had a chance to complete the rest of the paperwork. And I'm supposed to start classes TODAY. I haven't even enrolled....but I should be in class...TODAY. :: deep breath ::

I can't believe I'm going back to school. I don't know what to expect.

Today the scale said 213.6. Lately it feels like I need to put my mind in check every step of the way. Just because I saw 211.5 one time...for one fleeting moment, does not discount my 213.6 today. In March- I was hanging out in 220-215. So this REALLY IS new and exciting. Come on, brain! Get with the program!

What do you all have planned for today/this week?

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-08-2013 at 09:44 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #277  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

I've got a Calc II final next Tuesday. Its 60% of my grade so I've got to make at least a 72% to pass the class. The university I go to has a C+ requirement -- and an advanced grading scale so a 72 is a C-. Ugh. PRESSURE. Plus, I hate math. Im not bad at it, I just find it insanely uninteresting, which turns quickly into less than stellar grades. *le sigh*

Popped on the scale up 2+ lbs, but that isnt surprising, its TOM and since Im on the pill, I knew it was coming. Going in for an IUD tomorrow though cause I just cant take the weight gains every few weeks. Makes me nutty and I've really liked having the IUD before. REALLY getting super serious with logging my calories and staying well UNDER budget from here to Mothers Day. I've got to blow my goal out of the water.

I remember reading that the halfway mark to a goal is the hardest to maintain motivation through. Its really rewarding seeing that small number build. And its really motivating when you get close to your goal and its clearly in sight. But apparently that half way mark, where you've already built up some good progress, but still not within sight of your goal it tough nearly universally. So, HYPER focus on these (now) 10+ lbs that are about to be OFF MY BODY! This will happen. So saith myself.

Happy Monday!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #278  
I can do this

Hi all,

When I finish typing this, I'm going to update my ticker--I've met my mini-goal of losing 10% of my body weight--the scale was at 205.6 this morning! I love that it's solidly in the 20x range! My next mini goal is ONEderland!

Sarah, I have only been tracking to mini goals to keep myself sane--I don't want to think of how far it is to the overall goal and I don't want to wait forever for something I can consider a success. You're doing amazing--and you'll keep doing amazing!

Happy Monday, all
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #279  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

YAY, BETH!! 2>>0<<5!! I think focusing on the smaller number is very good advice. I think 199 has got to be that focus. Thanks
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #280  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a month out from "State Recognition Days" for TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). I'm a state winner and am being presented a first place award in my division for the overall loss I made in 2012. I'm going to ask at this week's meeting if there's a dress code . . . I'm not much for dresses since they typically seem to emphasize my belly. But I think I found something I like?

I haven't bought it yet as I only took the photo in the dressing room (the comparison pic I threw in on the left is from October, 30 pounds heavier). Sigh . . . I wish it wasn't so expensive. It's $40 . . . and that's already on sale at half price! But I'm going to keep an eye on it for a while, especially if I decide it's suitable for the award ceremony. Maybe the only reason I like it so much is because it's an XL? I'm still in shock that I found it outside of the plus sized section . . .

I had a blast window shopping yesterday. I found a swimsuit I liked (a size 16!) and may go back for that as well since my current is too big (a 24). I browsed jewelry and purses, even though those are the last things I need right now (I bought a new purse last week and got a nice ring for my birthday in February).

I guess it's sort of strange feeling so worth it. I've been so proud of being able to jog half a mile now, and feeling more "normal" in my skin. I didn't feel invisible as I browsed the stores. I love being able to carry a short-strapped purse over my shoulder; when I wasn't much heavier they'd refuse to stay on my shoulder if I could even get them on there at all! I feel so strong and agile . . . and dare I say it . . . pretty? I took the stairs several times and ventured into stores I typically don't bother with it. I didn't bat an eye at the food court because I knew I was having dinner once I got home; back in the old days going to the mall required a food court meal no matter what part of the day it was.

The funny thing is that the only reason I went to the mall was to check if GNC had Quest bars.

I'm hoping for 212 on the scale this week and to be somewhere around 208 by the time of the awards ceremony.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #281  

Elladorine, GORGEOUS dress!!! Love it!! You look so pretty!!

Sarah, Good luck on your test. I don't and never loved math either.

Great job Beth being solidly in the 2-ohs!! Hope your foot is feeling better every day.

Hi Tziri, we miss you!!

Oh Lunar, I know how you feel. I don't like borrowing anything from my inlaws, nevermind money. That chowder will definitely win him over! And congrats on going for your Masters!! One day of classes missed won't be a huge deal. You inspire me every day with all you get accomplished!!

Ok, I'm not going to make a big deal about this but....ONEDERLAND, can you HEAR me?!?! I have been calling and calling you, screaming for you even and you aren't answering! Weighed in at 202.4 today. I'll be so upset if I don't get there next week. I'm so close I could cry but I don't want to stress myself out! I'll have to lose at least 2.6 to get there.

I'm off to start W3 D1 of C25K. I can't believe I'm going to be a RUNNER!

Hope you are all having a happy Monday!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #282  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Congrats beth!
You look great Ella! I'm jealous of your half mile jog. I still have a ways to go with that.
I haven't been able to find quest bars in any store! Sooo frustrating. I ended up just ordering some online. I may check my natural foods store later this week but they never really have that kind of stuff on sale.
elvis- You're soooo close!! I hope you get there by early next week! I'm really enjoying running too. It's so much fun. I want to try one of the C25K apps but I don't think I can jog for an entire minute every 4 minutes yet (getting there though!).

Not much new for me, still stuck at 217.2. I got my mile down to 14:47 minutes though. It's been difficult running around here because there has been so much wind. I did try on a dress last weekend and found out I was in a regular 14 in many of the styles. My knees still look horrific though (hoping running helps this). I love not shopping in any plus size sections anymore.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #283  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

210.4 this am! The teens flew by, and I got to update my ticker under my chick.

For the week I had last week, I'm truly amazed at a loss period, but the amount of loss... I've been hyper vigilant, and I know once this stress passes, I won't always be so careful but right now, I have to be all Gestapo about it. 1 Dove bar of comfort could turn into a binge.

Paperwork for all this legal stuff is tracking fairly smoothly, which amazes me. If you knee this area you'd be surprised too. I hate that its like this, but I've got a zero drug policy around kids. My sister has battled meth on and off for 15 years, her kids have been in and out of various family members homes their entire lives and her 2 yr old is in state foster care. I refuse to give my kids that kind of legacy. Sure, in bed at night I cry and mourn what could have been, but during the day its only looking forward and praying like **** one day he gets and stays clean. Until then, he's useless to the kids and all we'll do is fight and that's not the childhood memories my kids deserve.

So. Congrats to the ladies hovering at the new millineum mark!! And to fattymcfatty for moving on down!!

You ladies inspire me, even when I'm not active, I'm drawing strength from our collective efforts. Thank you for always being wonderful!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #284  
I can do this

Angihas, I'm channeling you--ONEderland--I own you. I woke up thinking that this morning!

I had another whoosh overnight--the scale says 203.6. DH was watching and he agrees!

He's also losing weight, which is good. I'm losing at a faster rate, but he still weighs less than me. But we're not competitive about it, even though I'd love to weigh less than he does, just on the principle of the thing. After all, both of us can lose weight at the same time! He has it easier than me, though--he's got me doing the planning and cooking of healthier meals! (But he's making his better snack and lunchtime choices on his own, so I don't want to discount his work!) We're both shooting to be down another 5-8 lbs by Memorial Day (DD the older's wedding).

Tziri, I'm impressed by your sub-15 minute mile. I'm one of those slowpokes who has to remind herself that she's lapping everyone on the couch, since I'm certainly not lapping anyone else!

elvislover, I'm so excited you're so close to ONEderland! I can hear you screaming all the way here in Ohio! Remember, though, whether it's this week or the week after won't matter even a month from now--you'll still be there and heading out of the 190s!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #285  

Angie and Beth, you both are doing awesome!!! Can't wait for us to all be together in the 190s thread!!

Beth, I hear you about the husband's weight. My husband was about 220 when I started my diet. He is not dieting but he's eating better because I'm eating better. Except....he's hovering about 193 the past week or so (I make him get on the scale, I'm obsessed!). I told him multiple times in the last month that I'd be lighter than him now if he kept eating junk!! It doesn't matter that he's taller than me, I only care about the pounds!! So I told him once I get lighter than 193, he better not move a pound!! Good health all around is a good thing but...!!!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote