Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #241  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I definitely don't think I could have moved to intuitive eating (or as my husband like's to call it..."Eating. Deanna, it's so weird that there is a name for that. It's just eating...normal eating. It's what I do everyday."

I couldn't have moved onto it if I didn't cut out all the chemicals from my diet. I believe that the majority if chemicals disrupt our bodies natural rhythm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3TRbkIrow
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #242  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

immaculate - the end of semesters are KILLER for my weight issues. Basically, I use food to get me through study session. If you are the same, best advice I can give, is find a reasonable substitute -- tea? really fancy water, high fiber snacks. That sort of thing. GOOD LUCK, its H A R D. And remember that sometimes "just" (and that is SUCH a horrible word) maintaining - is a HUGE win. YOU will get there, sometimes life pops in and the path is just a little longer than expected.

Lunar - I dont know if this is helpful, I hope it is, but its just MY way of thinking about it.

The GOAL at the end of all of this, is to have a relationship with my body that eating and moving are in line with health. I think a BIG part of that, is having a "non-diet" mentality. And those 10 commandments of healthy food relationships are completely reasonable and right.

BUT!!! ((for me)) That is the way I want to live my life after I get my body in a place where the weight I've put on it, is no longer doing active damage. Running the kind of calorie deficit I need to get where I want to be, requires breaking those concepts.

Would *I* get there just using those ideas, no, but I do believe most people would. I have a VERY big exception. I've got ADHD. The executive functioning abilities of my brain are substantially less effective (unless I've got a high level of dopamine) than most people. Learning to tackle that ideal of a healthy, natural eating pattern will be something that will take awhile for me to get, but I believe that I will get there. I can't intuitively do anything, food is no exception. But, I think I learn tool to mimic most of those concepts that will work for me. It is just so secondary to actually being at a healthy weight.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #243  

Lunar, God Bless your mom. Seems she is in good spirits. I will continue to pray for her. The power of prayer is amazing, I couldn't have come as far as I have without everyone asking God to help me. I sincerely believe in miracles and it makes me warm to think about them. I hope today is better for her than expected.

April has been posting here and there but I didn't want to pry on her too much. She's been through a lot the last month, my heart breaks for her. We are here for her and I am sure she knows that.

Did you see my post about Ravenwolf's friend? I called you out in it too.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Sarah- I think it's good for you to post daily. I missed you! I liked it when you were active in the last thread and I was sad when you moved on without me- and then when I got here- You disappeared! Ack! And I was sad. Did you gain at all when you were gone? What made you go?
Thanks for the imbed lesson! I didnt gain why I was gone. I think when I jumped into this thread, lots of people were right at the 205 range and were leaving. I was just having a tough time "jumping in" and posting everyday. And I'm not sure which came first, but my losses slowed and I just didnt have anything to say? And then some life drama (found masses in my left breast, big fight with the man folk, etc) I had been losing 3lbs/week average and it dropped to about 1.5lbs/week average. I think the slow has to do with several factors.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Still...
Kicking myself for indulging over Easter. If I can get to Onderland before my first 5k on the 27th, I'll be happy.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #246  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Did you see my post about Ravenwolf's friend? I called you out in it too.
Ooooh...No, I didn't. Where do I find said post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFairhope View Post
And then some life drama (found masses in my left breast, big fight with the man folk, etc) I had been losing 3lbs/week average and it dropped to about 1.5lbs/week average. I think the slow has to do with several factors.
Ick! How is the tata now? Do you have results back from testing? Is man feeling helpless about said lump and lashing out?
But I'd still take a 1.5 pound loss!
I just jumped up 4 pounds in three days! LOL. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Still...
Kicking myself for indulging over Easter. If I can get to Onderland before my first 5k on the 27th, I'll be happy.
Oooh....201! You'll be there before you know it!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #247  

Quote:
Ooooh...No, I didn't. Where do I find said post?
under weightloss support or click "new posts"
Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #248  

Quote:
Ick! How is the tata now? Do you have results back from testing? Is man feeling helpless about said lump and lashing out? But I'd still take a 1.5 pound loss!
I just jumped up 4 pounds in three days! LOL. Haha.
I have an appointment to go over the results of my babopsy (HA!) on the 9th. Manfolk thing is independent of boob. Our major stress is just getting to the west coast and "just" having two kids under 3. I think even two smart people, in a great marriage either one of those two stressors are just a lot to handle. And he just made a really stupid choice of withdrawing from me instead of working with me. Much drama ensued. So, I moved into our guest room and he said he screwed up and was sorry. Will do better, etc. So, things are on the mend, but just lots to work through. We will do it, just trying to find the time and energy to do it all -- and its a lot to do. Plus remember not to shove food in mai face.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #249  
Living Intuitively

Mad props to you. If DH and I weren't sharing the same bed- I think I would make myself a bed of cookies.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #250  

Quote:
Mad props to you. If DH and I weren't sharing the same bed- I think I would make myself a bed of cookies.
Ha! Well, if Im being totally honest, I let him come in with a cuppa tea in the evening and rub my back and fall asleep... but STILL!

Last edited by SarahFairhope; 04-02-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Thanks for the welcome Lunar! Water intake has been pretty good. Dh was off yesterday, and that's always an added challenge for me. I ended yesterday with 80 ounces in me. :-)

Sarah- Where in the west are you? I'm in So Cal. :-) I've always said that if we had an extra room, it would be mine, regardless of marital issues. I'm a nicer wife when I have space, privacy, etc. I hear ya on kid stress, we have five ages 2-10. Crazy!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #252  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Did not weigh this am. The problems in my home are escalating and as of now, are unfixable.

Some may remember that we tried counseling, he revealed some things that are beyond my ability to accept. We haven't gone back. He admitted that he does drugs on a daily basis. This is not something I condone in *my* home. Others can do what they like in their home. He admitted to taking my truck with my kids while out fishing to go pick up drugs and to doing them around my kids. I can not be OK with someone driving around in an altered state of mind with children in the car and potentially forcing me to prove my home is a safe environment while my kids are in foster care because his stupid self got pulled over. Unacceptable. I spoke with the pd about my right to kick him out. This is my home I had before I met him, all the bills are in my name, etc.. basically I had to give him 30 days notice to vacate. Those days are up today at midnight. He accepted a job offer Friday, started yesterday, came home in a foul mood. I dropped a glass pot, it shattered, he accused me of throwing it at our infant, grabbed the baby, told me he would kill me and I'd never see our son again. When I moved to get the baby, he assaulted me, neighbors called the cops since this happened on the front porch. I ended up taking the kids and myself to my dads. I've spent the morning at both the city cops and sheriff's dept filling out tro's and affidavits for his arrest.

This has been an exceptionally crappy start to the month. But I see growth. My health is as important as every thing else and I've not given myself permission to reach for crap food, in fact have no desire to. I haven't raided the kids Easter stash, or double dipped into the pb and nutella.

I had to vent, I needed to tell people who understand the concept of food addiction and who know how the mind can allow the hand, in fact encourage the body to eat things to drink things that are just as addictive as drugs
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #253  

Wow Angihas2, what an ordeal you are dealing with. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that things get worked out quickly to keep you and your children safe and in your home. Yay for you staying on your healthy food too, that's huge in your stressful situation.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #254  
Living Intuitively

Oh, Ang- I am so sorry to hear what you are going through! We are here for you to talk to all the time! No matter where you are...we will be here waiting.

I'm glad to hear that you are taking such healthy steps forward.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #255  

Oh Angi, I am so sorry. And so PO'd on your behalf. Those are some cardinal rules he broke; his behavior after the fact goes to show you have made some VERY wise decisions in regards to removing him from your life. I am so insanely inspired by your insight to know the food is where your are inclined to go for comfort and wisdom to choose differently. Ugh. You do not deserve that BS. Please, please feel free to vent away!!

Vanessa - I currently live about an hour north of Boston (been here a little over a year), but in June/July we will be moving to the Seattle area. New ocean! Before living here on the East coast, we lived in Utah and before that Alaska. I much prefered the Pacific Northwest to the East for sure. People here and rushed and crabby! :P And 5 munchkins 2-10?! Wowza! Please tell me it gets easier!