Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

I made it to the two-teens!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's hanging out between 218& 219. I haven't been here in probably 5 years. So excited!! Just the motivation I needed to keep myself on track with my husband (who likes to pig out) home on a 3 day weekend.

Eta: Cherry, I just saw your ticker at the top....WOW!!! You have done an amazing job!!

Last edited by SweetAsCanBe; 03-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #167  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
199.8 . Just barely there but Its a 1 and not a 2. *packs bags and hugs everyone* I'll save you guys seats in the next threads.
Woohoo Congrats.

I am starting to lose again. I have broken another plateau AGAIN. hopefully this is will last for awhile. Fingers crossed. I lost 2lbs since yesterday. I had to rezero and reweigh because I did not belive it at first.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #168  
Calorie and Carb Counter

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats, Cherry!
immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #169  
hold the calories

S/C/G: (HW)280 252/ticker/164

Height: 5'8.5

i'm in the 2teens! woop haven't seen the 2teens since i was in my mid teens. i'm even wearing jeans that still had the tags on this morning, which i bought when i was 16, but didn't fit and i couldn't bear to throw. glad i didn't!
side salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 263/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Cherry!!!

207.5 this morning. I am officially in a strange new world, as I haven't been this weight in ten years. At least. The lowest I got was 207.6 for a second two years ago.

I'm super excited!
Xaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #171  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Lots of people posting this morning. We all need to hurry and get to ONEderland before cherry and thnknthn2 fly out of the next decade!

I was 209.8 this morning--nice to see that "0" as the middle number! I have a big event this weekend and I wanted to be at 210 (down 20 lbs) before it--and I've made it!!!

Xaria, SweetAsCanBe, and side_salad--awesome to get down to weights not seen in years. We all can do this!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #172  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

218.4 this morning with TOM in full force. I'm kind if excited. I didn't have any of my normal salty sweet cravings. I did crave protein, so I factored in some extra protein servings. Here's the results: very mild bloat, no cramping, no acne, no backache and no wild mood swings. My weight swung up a single pound then right back down. Maybe pms and its associated problems can be diet controlled
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #173  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Ang, I always notice that my diet and PMS symptoms are correlated. I'm pleased that you are settling into the two-teens well.

Sweetascanbe, Welcome, welcome!

Lishar, How long was your last plateau? I'm glad to see that you are moving again.

side salad, How exciting! I wish I had a secret stash of clothes in my closet. Hardly anything I own fits anymore. I know that's a nice problem to have, but I feel frumpy.

Xaria, I like your Avatar picture. New territory! Very exciting!! What happened in your life that made you turn around two years ago?

beth, It's interesting how people seem to move at the same time. It reminds me of shells coming to the shore on a wave for some reason.

I wish that I could be arriving in new territory, but most of my weight gain took place in my not so distant past. I made the above picture for a doctor before I moved to Colorado. I felt like I was barely functioning in life. I was giving myself a "D." I was emotional. VERY emotional. And ever since I had been diagnosed with an ovarian tumor- I'd been gaining about 30 pounds a year without any change in diet or exercise.

I'm in such a better place now. I guess that is uncharted territory. I feel like I have good energy and I've moved past my emotional outbursts. For my weight, I think uncharted territory will be around 175- this is a weight my body is very comfortable at maintaining.

Hm...this seems like an interesting thread topic. Posting new thread now!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #174  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
199.8 . Just barely there but Its a 1 and not a 2. *packs bags and hugs everyone* I'll save you guys seats in the next threads.
YES!!!

I was away for a bit and am VERY excited to see your news, Cherry.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #175  

I'm a crankypants about my weightloss again this week. Only down 2 more pounds. I was on a good run with losses over 3lbs for a few weeks and then bam, hit a wall.

Leslie Sansone is going to be my new buddy this week, her walk videos do more for me than my treadmill so maybe she can kick my butt into higher losses.

I was so hoping to be in the 2-oh something range this week. Every single time I am on the brink of a new decade, my body holds me back a few ounces. It's at the point that I expect it now and just laugh, there is nothing I can do about it!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-19-2013 at 08:23 AM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #176  
I can do this

I didn't get to stay at 209.x--I'm 210 even this morning (up a whole .2, which is nothing.

I was really cranky yesterday--not my usual mood--and was all out of sorts--and TOM started this morning. DUH--that explains it. I've never paid attention to what TOM does to my weight, but clearly TOM is now messing with my mood. (That was true years ago, but I evened out. Now I'm peri-menopausal and have absolutely no idea what to expect.)

I tried to book a massage for this evening, but she was booked :-(. She's checking if one of her colleagues has an opening--a nice relaxing massage could do wonders for my food (and sore neck--and sore shoulders--heck, even my hands feel sore--and a bit puffy) (DUH--water retention. TOM. Can we say I'm unusually oblivious?)

Last night I took in a pair of jeans by putting darts in the back. They're still too big, but they aren't sliding off of me. I'm trying to postpone replacing all my pants for at least a little while longer!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #177  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

beth- Hang in there, it'll be back! I always under estimate the impact of TOM. Im seriously considering going back on Mirena just to avoid this song and dance.

elvis, Im crankypants too. Lets collective shake it off! HaRUMPH!

211.5 this morning. Thats .4 away from my pre-TOM weight, which is a few days from being out of here. I'm excited to see some SERIOUS scale drop next Monday. ( DO YOU HEAR THAT SCALE?!!) :P
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #178  

Oh Beth, a massage sounds wonderful right now!! Hope they can fit you in!!

LOL, Sarah---does shaking off your crankypants burn enough calories to bring you, Beth and me into the 2-ohs!!??
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #179  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

218.8 this morning. Up .4 but still TOM'ing away, so not worried. I do know I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday. I just wanted COFFEE. LOTS and LOTS of COFFEE. So, I drank it. Today, I feel like a wrung out piece of shoe leather. Still stressing over the j-o-b situation, for both the male type and I, but trying not to let it become like this huge emotion and overwhelm me, which I would then relieve with who knows what. Meditation and walking is helping to keep it in check. I'm also rewatching some documentaries that help keep me motivated in my desire to feed my family and myself healthy, nourishing, chemical and additive free foods.

I heard someone say, "Obesity is a signal that the life is out of balance", and that rings true. Humans are evolved to be hunter/gatherers. We're made to move, to store fat during times of plenty and expend it during times of famine. Our relatively newness to this agricultural revolution has made the hunter/gatherer need for survival to become a drive to a store where our mastadons are sliced and packaged under cellophane and our roots and berries are all nicely packaged for us. This is a new thing for our species. In 2010 when I had a several acre garden, I lost easily and ate better than I have since my grandmother worked us like slaves on her farm during our summer breaks. Of course, we thought it was all fun, but now I realise it was WORK! But when we had that garden, we hoed and planted, bent and squatted, we moved, naturally, easily, I slept better, the kids definitely did and I lost without 'watching what I ate'. It was only natural to eat what we'd harvested that day, to can and store the excess. I should get another garden! (Also, the baby has awoken so the nice, well thought out thing in my head is now discombulated)
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #180  
I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Oh Beth, a massage sounds wonderful right now!! Hope they can fit you in!!
They couldn't. I am bummed. I would really like a massage tonight. DH is wonderful in so many ways, but back rubs aren't one of them.

I'm not too bummed about not staying in the 209s--I usually bop around within .4 for a little while before settling at the lower number.

I keep telling myself I've been doing really well. I've been at this for 10 weeks (as of yesterday). I've lost 20 lbs. My jeans went from snug to way too loose to "I can take them off without unbuttoning". I have a list of advantages of losing weight that I read every morning, and even with just a 20 lb weight loss and the walking I've been doing, I've made some progress on many of them. I have more energy, it's easier to get down on the floor, my blood sugar has gone down. That's a lot of progress in 2.5 months. (Psyching myself up here. Giving myself credit.) As much as I'd love for it to happen faster, 2 lbs/week is all I can realistically hope for--I don't think I could cut my calories by another 500/day.

This week, with the prep for my Big Event (which is Friday-Sunday) and then the Event itself, staying even this week is all I can hope for. I will have a weekend full of temptations to withstand. (At least I planned everything that's being served so I know what I should be eating--and there are lots of healthy choices in there along with the 70+ dozen cookies.

We're all doing great!