Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #181  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

elvis - I sure do hope so!
Angi - HI!!!! I think I missed you popping on during my little break (my mom was in town/had medical drama, blah blah). But yay!! SO glad to see you over here. And I am sooo with you on weight/life balance relationship. At least for me, that triple true. I've got ADHD and can "medicate" it with food. And when things and buzzing in my head and out of control, not making time for myself, well -- that waist line expands. And I love the idea on the documentaries. I've started editing my media to positive stuff like Ted Talks. Love those! I do add in some Walking Dead, cause, well, girls got to have her Zombie show. Balance is so hard even under the best of circumstances, but with job/move stuff in the air and little ones -- so much harder.
beth- I think I may have to try and book a massage now. I havent had one is SO LONG. Enjoy your event this weekend Hopefully the scale will bring you some surprises? Fingers crossed!
Lunar - Been thinking about you today, hope you get some hopeful news and so much deserved stress relief.

211.0 this morning. Scale bounced around 210.9/8 for a sec. 210.something!! Come to meeeee!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #182  
Annie

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
This is my very first post in this group. I'm so excited to be here! I honestly haven't been in the two-teens since I was in eighth grade.
Congratulations!! This IS a big deal!!!!!!
NightowlAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #183  

I guess my scale was listening! 210.0! TOM water weight coming off? Yahoo!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #184  

S/C/G: HW: 260 Restart: 230/223/223.8

Height: 5'6

I'm Officially in the two teens! 219.2! Yay! Hopefully this # will keep going down!
Brandibooxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #185  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Hi all! Welcome Brandiboo! Yeah, Sarah, on the movement!

I was 209 even this morning. As we were at the event hotel, setting things up for the weekend, DD came up to me and said, "you look thinner"--yay, it's noticeable--and she knows how hard I've been working on it.

I'm glad I know how to sew--I haven't had time to shop for new jeans--and I've taken 3 pairs in at the waist. (And we all know how hard it is to shop for jeans!)

BFF mentioned to DH that his dieting his easier than mine. It is, since I do all the planning and cooking :-). He's making healthier choices at lunch, though. He's lost about 12 lbs. He only has another 20 or so to lose to be at his 'fighting weight', so he doesn't have that long of a path in front of him. One of my goals is to weigh less than he does!

Take care, all!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #186  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm going to a wedding this evening. I SO enjoyed the number I saw on the scale this morning- 214.2. So I wonder how that will influence my eating/drinking decisions tonight.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #187  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I weighed in at an even 215 Wednesday night. We almost logged it as 215.25 but then I realized I'd forgotten to empty all of the change out of my pocket! I try not to focus on the fractions of a pound regardless.

My waist measurement hasn't changed in a while (45"), but I only measure at the crease across my belly button, mainly because it's the only spot I feel I can measure consistently over and over. But I've noticed in the past week or so that my jeans are fitting better, and the upper half of my tummy (a major problem area for me) appears to be getting smaller.

I'm really not used to being able to notice changes, at least not so quickly. I think I still carry the mindset of 40 pounds not making a notable difference, like when I was losing weight a few years back. I also feel like the shape of my face is emerging more and more, giving me the very first glimpse of what I'm actually supposed to look like. It's kind of an odd sensation to see a different face staring back at me, one with a defined jawline rather than a soft, round one that just sort of disappears into a full neck.

Last night I paged through the day planner that I've been using as a food journal. Mine has perforated corners that can be torn out when the week is done. Since I've been so consistently averaging a one pound per week loss for over a year now, I felt brave enough to write in my goal weights in the little corners for each week. I can look at a glance and predict what I might weigh each week on through August. I'm going to try not to be too set on the numbers, but being out of the 200's in mid-July would be absolutely amazing; that's about where I'll no longer be obese, just overweight! And if I don't make it? No big deal, I'm going to keep making good choices every day. And besides, those numbers are getting torn out each week anyway.

I had to abandon my weekly weigh-in lilyslim chart, as they limit the data to 52 points:

I'm still so proud of watching the line go down, down, down. And since I want to keep extending one from March of last year, I thought I'd try something a little different, a monthly weigh-in chart:

And a new ticker to go with it:

I'll still be weighing in weekly of course and charting at home, but with these I'll still be able to show off my trend from my March reboot as well as focus on 100 pounds before considering if my ultimate goal of 150 will be right for me. It's awesome to see that I'm already over halfway there.

Last edited by Elladorine; 03-23-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #188  
Living Intuitively

Ella, I seriously love reading your posts. They are so crazy inspirational.
Mad Skillz. You haz them.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #189  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I weighed in this morning at 212.2, the lowest I have been in about 10 years. I am so close, but so far away. I desperately want to be in onederland by May 1st as I will be going to a writer's conference with friends I haven't seen since last year. It will make the week so much more comfortable if I can lose the weight.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #190  
Living Intuitively

Hooray Hooray Hooray! ladyfyre- 212 is a fabulous number!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #191  
Calorie and Carb Counter

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I weighed in at 218 exact this morning. I haven't lost much in the past week but I'm very happy that I haven't gone back over 220 at all!
immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #192  
Living Intuitively

I was at 214.8 this morning, which is INCREDIBLE considering I went to a wedding last night and INDULGED to the max and I danced, danced, danced! A very happy way to start the weekend.

I think there is a good possibility I will hit my 30 pounds next Saturday (212). That will be fun.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #193  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Happy Sunday!!! I've been afk, busily looking for work. Still. Fighting with the male type. Still. To the point I gave him 30 days notice to move. (The law said I had yo do it this way). Contacted an old boss and we spoke about me returning there. Its a live in management position at a hotel here in town with a 2 story home and all utilities paid plus a small salary. I can still find something during the day, but I won't have to worry about monthly living expenses. I'm having a really hard time contemplating making a move that seems to be a step back, when I want to be moving forward. There's a huge part of me that feels, betrayed by society, for lack of a better phrase. We've all seen these commercials that show how much more people with a hs diploma, associates, bachelors degrees etc make. Well. I did all that and frankly, I made more before my college degrees than I do now. And its pissing me off, to be frank about it. I'm struggling to not go stuff my face with $ menu craptastic food.

Still weighing in at 218. I've done 4-750+ puzzles in 2 days to keep me from driving anywhere to get crap food. Anyway. Just a vent. And I'm on my phone so I can't go back and edit this rambling stuff.

And no. I don't blame anyone, I live in a small town and have kids who require daycare while I work, so my working hours are limited, I know I could work 12 he shifts overnight but that leaves me paying someone to sleep at my house and daycare during the day. And I love being a mom and can't comprehend paying someone to raise them
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #194  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Survived the weekend (it was amazing, exhausting, exhilarating, and exhausting). Eating so not OP. However, I'm starting up again--and I'll weigh in tomorrow, for better or worse!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #195  

Oh Angi. Im so sorry. I get the whole, "betrayed by society" thing. And have had lengthy conversations about it with friends. The message I (we?) got as kids was, "GO TO COLLEGE! If you get a degree, you'll be able to support yourself and a family. And you will work at a job you'll love!" Well, not so much - and I think doubly so if you've got a liberal arts degree.

Beth - That sounds exhausting and LOVELY!! Hope all the busy helps balance that scale a little more in your favor.