S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Welcome brandi!

Happy Birthday purple!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #212  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Congrats PreciousMissy, it's great to see that flower!!

welcome Brandi!!

Pink Hurricane, I think that is a great realization. I like the double decade threads, because they are nice and active with so many people. But I can see where it also makes it a little easier to hang out here for too long! lol! But also so true how much we let external things affect us. Life is going to happen, so for me, a big thing is thinking about how to juggle life and my plan and make it all work. Good luck getting everything back on track!!

Angi - good luck getting Hub on board with the food you and "the girl spawn" (lol!) need to eat!

hope everyone else is having a great day!!

I'm still plugging away, hoping to get below 235 and be in the bottom half of the 230s for Sunday WI.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #213  

S/C/G: HW: 260 Restart: 230/223/223.8

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday purplekitten!
Thanks for all the welcome's
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #214  

Just some light stalking on my old stomping ground to see where all my friends are at!!

Happy Birthday, Purple Kitten!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #215  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Happy Birthday Purple!!

lunar - The juice is not helping. The hubs had the exact same drink I did last night, he's gone like 10 times. I seriously wanna shoot him :/ Tonight I'm trying red cabbage, apple, ginger and grapefruit, then toss in some flaxseed and coconut oil. Somethings going to give, eventually.

All in all a good day. Still frustrated over the job search, but it is what it is. Something will come through, it always does. I firmly believe persistence and patience pays off and there's a reason we're still here and not elsewhere. As my mom says, "Things happen as they're meant to happen, not as we want them to".
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #216  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Ang, when desperate: http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com...reg-peppermint

Also- When applying for a position- are you then going to linkedin to see if you can find the contact information for someone that works at the company- so that you can e-mail them with your resume? To ensure they look at your application. If I can find someone's name- I can typically find their e-mail address. Especially if I know how that company formats their e-mail addresses.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #217  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Ang, when desperate: http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com...reg-peppermint

Also- When applying for a position- are you then going to linkedin to see if you can find the contact information for someone that works at the company- so that you can e-mail them with your resume? To ensure they look at your application. If I can find someone's name- I can typically find their e-mail address. Especially if I know how that company formats their e-mail addresses.
I'm looking at that website now. Desperate times and all.

LinkedIn - I actually have zero experience with that site. I need to go wander it, possibly tomorrow, I'm exhausted tonight, but have to stay up another 2 hours or so. My neighbour has seizures, so she can't drive and she's started working late shifts at the local Dollar General, and she has 3 pre-teen/teen girls, so we've had them here 6 nights of the week and I've been dropping her off and picking her up. She supposedly gets off at 1030, however, the entire last week, I was still sitting in the parking lot, waiting on her at 1145 pm. And getting back up with my 10 month old at butt crack am. I found a position very similiar (in a round about, working with the same anatomical parts of the body with many of the same principles) position here that I've been looking for in Texas. I'm applying at their hiring fair tomorrow. I've got my BS in SLP, an AS in Health Science and an AA in Liberal Arts (I really didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up), the position is for a Respiratory Therapist, but they'll take a Tech, if they have a 4 yr related degree (I do), and after being on the phone with their HR person, who I actually know from clinicals, I was told they'd be willing to consider taking me on as a tech, working under a certified RT, as long as I was willing to take the additional 3 courses I'm lacking to become certified via the state as an RT, at their expense, as long as I'd be willing to sign an employment contract.

Re: earlier comment about my daughter, she's actually my oldest. I have a 9 yo daughter, 7 yo son and now a 10 month old son.

Last edited by Angihas2; 02-26-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #218  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

COngrats all!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #219  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Thanks April and Lunar!

Good afternoon everyone! What a day it has been!!!

I was up 2lb on the scale this morning, but I know it's because of the super salty dinner I had last night, then TOM decided to make an appearance, and two different clients decided to rip me a new one for things I had no control over...*whew*.

So, in an effort to clear my mind I decided to go for a walk around the office and find the best piece of chocolate I could (a.k.a. grazing, lol). I was successful and found a truffle instead of the unsatisfying large handful of chocolates I normally would have settled for.

So, I consider that an emotional eating victory. While I freely admit that I ate purely out of emotion, I was able to control it with one piece instead of stopping at the bakery on the way home (and you can bet that was my first thought!).

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful afternoon!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #220  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

I know weighing at night is generally not a good idea. However, I enjoy the guessing game. I like the science behind weight loss, how things that -shouldn't- matter, if losing weight is 80% diet, like sleep. I like seeing a low # on the scale after a greats night sleep. And, it truly does keep me from freaking out in the am if I didn't get a good nights sleep. It also encourages me to have more healthful sleep habits. Going to bed at a decent hour, trying for at least 6 straight hours, or even sleeping in a bit more than normal. I know that there's the whole, a rested mind makes better food choices theory, which is true, but I think it allows the body to reset, to realise there's no stressors going on, like famine or war that's causing a decrease in intake calories. You know the big thrill? Is that weighing at night, with clothes on, food in me, several liters of water in me, is seeing a number I was seeing in the morning a week ago. It's NOT seeing 230, 231, 229, 227, 225 and lower as my morning weight and seeing it as my final weight of the day. It's this little thrill. Cus, you know, we all use that 1st weight of the day as our official weight. Naked, empty bladder and bowels, no food or fluids digesting, etc. But, I can't help thinking after a meal or alot of water, "Yeah, now I weigh x amount more". But to see those numbers I was shooting for last week, month, whatever as todays final weight is this little YIPPPEEE inside me.

Total random ramblings.

Last edited by Angihas2; 02-27-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #221  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Not totally random for me. I love weighing at night too. :: shrugs :: Gives me kind of a preview of what I might expect in the morning.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

I have been stalled at 236 for the past couple days. I joined my local gym and first day today after work, hopefully this will help me break through. I have to keep pushing want to make my goal.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #223  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Hello,
Hope everyone is having a good week! It's getting gloomy here, ick!
Hoping I will make it into the 220s this week.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #224  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I am officially beginning 6 Week 6 Pack tomorrow and plan to combine cardio and strength training with it. I know this will help give me a good boost! So I am definitely holding on to my weight right now, I was supposed to have TOM on Monday but it still has not shown up. It's unusal because my body is almost always on par with the beginning of the cycle and I have been having cramps, cravings, and sensitivity like I do every TOM but there is not an acutal period. I am on Mirena, and it's my last few months with it, so it's possible that there is nothing 'left' but at the same time, it's just weird.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #225  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Woo hoo!! As of this morning I hit my mini-goal weight. It's not officially on the ticker yet...AND - I'm a bit suspicious as I've lost A LOT of weight this week (after not losing so much for a couple of weeks)- so something else might be going on.

My next goal is to get below 100 Kilos - that's only about 7lbs away from this mini goal - but I like those nice round numbers. I won't post that up until I'm sure I've hit this one.

Lunarsongbird: I live in the cradle of Rugby Union - SW London is practically rugby central with lots of historic clubs, including mine. But I got interested in rugby because a couple of people suggested I try it. I discounted that for a long time, but started taking my son to rugby, met gals from the women's rugby team at my club and started training with them. The culture suits me (it's not a "good" culture... crude, binge drinking, etc etc) - but at the same time very team spirited, family oriented and respectful. Hard to describe.
Closed Thread