Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #271  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Lunar! Yes, I'm kind of amazed at how quickly things are changing. I was kind of nervous when I first got started in January. I've yo-yo'ed so much in the past. I did this plan 18 months ago and would it work a second time? Plus I'm 50 now, and "everyone knows" you can't lose weight after that. So it's been quite a wonderful surprise to see that everything is still working as well as before and the weight is coming off nicely.

On the carb cycling, Dukan has you alternate between days of all protein (including dairy plus the daily oat bran) and protein/veggie days. I just personally find it easier to cluster all my protein/veggie days all at once, because I can buy, cook and eat fresh produce that way, while it's still good. I'm not a big fan of frozen or canned (even though I know frozen is very healthy, it's more of a textural issue for me). So this way, I get to enjoy my fresh veggies all at once, and then I have my pure protein days all in a row and generally have a mini-whoosh each week from those days.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #272  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

How do you feel on the all protein days? I would miss veggies.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #273  
Dukanista

I feel fine - I still get enough carbs from the oat bran and the dairy carbs. And you can use a small amount of veggies as a condiment - a couple of spoonfuls of tomato sauce, a little cucumber in my tzatziki, etc.

But yeah, it does make having veggies on the PV days more exciting than you could have imagined!! I like it though, because I have really transitioned into a veggie lover now from having done this plan the last time. I consider that a gift.

And it's not a forever thing - once I get to my final weight, then I can have unlimited veggies 6 days a week (you still have to do on protein only day per week forever, but I don't see that as a big deal)
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #274  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Good for you Pink! It sounds like you're getting into a groove with your exercise.

Congratulations April! That's wonderful!

Last night I couldn't resist pizza and wings for dinner, but I'm happy to say that I didn't go crazy! I know myself, if I deny myself certain foods then I will go crazy when I finally do have them. This morning when I was packing my lunch I pushed the leftover pizza aside to get to my hummus...without even thinking about it. I was actually pretty proud of myself for that lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #275  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Missy - I don't deny myself food either, there are things I just won't eat, due to food allergies/intolerances like gluten, pork, and because my daughter is allergic to tree nuts and we have to be absolutely stringent with storage, clean up etc, we don't keep those around either.

But, if I want wings, chocolate etc, I have some, usually a small serving or half a serving, double up on veggies and water and move on with my day. Good for you for acknowledging the want, having some, then moving back to your normal program. I think that shows a shift in thinking most of us have to have to succeed!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Tziri congrats on getting so close to 100 pounds down, we will all have to do a little happy dance in your honour when you get there!

Yay April, you're just a hop skip and jump to the 220's!! I am both proud and a tiny bit jealous lol! (Just kidding)

Leben Congrats, I will do an extra dance for you when you get to 70 pounds down. I'm glad Paleo is working for you.

You guys have all inspired me to kick it up at the gym tonight! Woot!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #277  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm so amazed and inspired by everyone's progress...so many pounds! And so much self-reflection and learning about lifestyle and body image and control. So helpful to me as this journey is more about headspace than calorie count for me.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Weighed in at 235.8 this morning, which means I've now lost 23 pounds since I started back on my weight loss journey and 50 pounds from my highest weight.

Part of me can't believe it, but I know I owe my success to this forum. You guys have been so inspiring and supporting and motivating. I hope anyone trying to work on their health and weight some way finds themselves on this board. They will be that much better for it.

I still have a long way to go to get to my mini goal (199). I feel like I can actually succeed this time.

Onwards and downwards!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #279  
Dukanista

fantastic charliee, congrats!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #280  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Fantastic losses everyone!!

Gained a pound over the last 3 days, so need to be ever vigilant. Pretty sure its mainly.sodium, but its also extra calories. Had trouble reining them in after my high day. But also stress. We did our 1st counseling session. I'm still assimilating it all.

Nsv - fit into a pair of non vanity sized shorts I've never been able to wear. Bought them 2 summers ago, with another pair that are identical. The other pair fit, but these never have. Today, today they do. Bit of a muffin top but not so bad I won't wear them out. Its a gorgeous day so we're heading out to a park with a 3 mile walking track through the woods, tennis courts and play equipment.

Have a great Saturday y'all!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here!
I was at 240 about two weeks ago.. and at 235 a week ago..and tonight I got on the scale at 229! It has been years since I've been in the 220's! I am so excited! I can't wait to get into the teens now!

I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every morning for the past 6 days.. then today I went hiking in the mountains for about an hour and a half.. as I was heading home I decided to swing by the park. I spent about an hour running around a park with my kids and some guy and his kid that was there.

So much fun! I haven't had this much energy in so long!

I count calories. I stick to 1200 calories a day and use my body media device to help me track it! Being on these forums really helps motivate me
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #282  
Dukanista

Congrats Sinderelly!!

And if you saw the other thread about weight loss twins, you are definitely mine! I am really slightly under 5'7" I started at 257 and I expect to be right around 230 (maybe even 229.something) tomorrow at WI!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Congrats Sinderelly!!

And if you saw the other thread about weight loss twins, you are definitely mine! I am really slightly under 5'7" I started at 257 and I expect to be right around 230 (maybe even 229.something) tomorrow at WI!
Thanks!

I didn't see that thread! I will have to look! It looks we are around the same stats right now! Hopefully you are in the 220's
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #284  
Dukanista

Didn't quite make it into the 220s today - 230.2

I don't always do daily WIs but I think I will this week! lol!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #285  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I haven't been posting here much...I first signed on some time ago. I've been stuck, & I feel like I flunked a grade or two. I'm going to try to post here more often so I can better focus on my goals. I'm basically starting over.

Today's weigh-in 235. Yuck.

I have all my meals and snacks packaged in 200 cal portions for the next few days. Gonna get out to the track today.

15lb to lose to graduate out of this thread. Hope I can keep up with my "classmates" this time!
Closed Thread