3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #61

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks ladies for all the advice will definetely be giving them a try...weigh in this morning at 236.2
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as **** don't deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post

Elvis- You take it easy! Do you have an appointment set for next week to get the results? I'm anxious for you!
Hi Lunar! I am trying to take it easy but I am so anxious! The exercise takes the edge off. I only ended up doing the 30 minutes total yesterday, my husband was not happy I didn't relax the whole day. So today, I am not telling him about my exercise unless he asks lol (and he will, I just know it!).

My oncologist said the results will be available in 7-10 days, so I will be emailing her nurse first thing Tuesday morning! I don't wait well at all, I feel so out of control of the situation you know?

And my doctor is going on vacation at the end of the month, so if I need the hysterectomy I want it overwith as soon as possible so I can move on from all of this. And if it's good news, get me preggers already! I do think I will have to wait a month or so to get the hormones out of my system and get back on a monthly cycle, but it all has to be so quick on a tight schedule so the cancer won't have a chance to grow back (scary...). I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself but I can't help it.

Thank you so much for your concern. You are a sweet person, lunarsongbird.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #63
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I like it here.

Elvis, I can see why you are still exercising...it's one thing you can control right now in this uncontrollable situation. Just take it easy. I write letters to soldiers when I feel really anxious. Give it a go- www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #64
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Insane week, plain and simple. Work has been crazy the past two weeks and has been wiping me out before I even get off and get to come home to my husband. I have decided I HAVE to start working out in the mornings before work, that way I cannot stand in the way of my fitness because of whatever the day may bring. I am trying to think of anything that will help with the motivation factor by waking up earlier to go ahead and exercise. I know it will be hard, but I no longer have a choice in the matter. I will be pushing myself but I know eventually it will become a habit!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #65

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Yay, Friday!

Yesterday was interesting... even though I am barely losing weight I could tell I am smaller -- so I tried on my size 14 pants just to see... knew I could not wear them but thought it would be a good way to check later if I am smaller. I was very surprised that I could get them up over my butt and they were within an inch or so of buttoning. Soooooo I put on the 16s -- I wore them once before but they were waaaaay too tight so laid them aside. They are a bit big on me!! Yay! So I wore them to work. And now I know for sure that I am getting smaller! It is definitely all the working out and building muscle! And I feel so incredibly better!

Have a good one, everyone. Off to work for me.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #66
Living Intuitively

I feel like a broken record. I'm still sick. And I feel like I'm just getting progressively worse. :: sigh ::
But good news? My weight has dropped and today I maintained it.
I have to miss touring the celestial seasoning plan tomorrow, because I need to stay in bed. I need to get over this. In fact, I am taking a half day to do some napping.

Misti- You are such an inspiration! You will be in 14s before you know it!! It makes me so happy inside!

Pink- I too workout in the mornings. I have been loving it. However, I can't do it unless I am taking my multivitamin. Otherwise, I just don't have the energy to get up. It feels like torture. With my vitamin- I pop out of bed and hit the gym. I love that I'm starting to recognize the people who work there. I'm beginning to feel like I belong!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #67
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. I'm having a great time on vacation in Chicago. Even eating out yesterday, I stayed pretty much OP. The scale in our hotel room said 221.2 yesterday morning, so I may be out of here soon.

Elvislover, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for good news.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #68

Thank you bethfromdayton. I'm wishing my weekend and then some away so I can get in touch with my doctor's office. I know I am supposed to enjoy every day but sometimes it's hard!!

Chicago!?! I'd be so tempted to eat pizza and that's not on my food plan! Good for you staying pretty much on plan, you will be glad when you get back home and the scale shows how good you were!! That's how I felt last week after the superbowl, I read so many people's regret (more on myfitnesspal than here) for stuffing themselves. And I survived! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Lunarsongbird, are you feeling any better? *hugs* Being sick stinks. I read about your hubby on the other thread getting you soup. What a cutie pie!!

Congrats Misti for getting the 14 pants up over your butt!! You'll be buttoning them in no time! And I could use your 16s soon I hope lol.

I'm having a good day over here in Elvisloverland. We have a pile of snow and plan to hang at home. But I got up early, exercised, organized my closet (trying on a billion things lol), put on a pair of 18w jeans and my husband said they looked so baggy (!!!!), put on a pair of boots I had in my closet for years (still with the tags) that actually zipped all the way up to my knee (a bit tight but no one can see them, plus my tights are a little thick too), put on blingy earrings and a flashy bracelet, did my hair and makeup, ALL just to stay home and enjoy the day!!! Does anyone else feel better when they get a little fancy? I wasn't in the mood to mope around the house in sweats today (I did that yesterday lol).

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! Off to search iheartradio.com for some fun music to blast. Maybe some Cyndi Lauper, "Girls just want to have fun". I assume that would be our theme song if we had one here at 3fc??

Last edited by elvislover324; 02-09-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #69
Living Intuitively

Well, I had this box of caramels follow me home from the store yesterday afternoon! Tricky, tricky candy! And you know what really disappoints me? I ate it- despite the fact that I couldn't really taste it. -_- However, considering that was my only big slip up while I was sick (no other comfort eating) and I was still down for the week, I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I'll try to learn from it and move on.

I am feeling a bit better this morning! Finally! My ears popped this morning on my drive in for my official WI, so that was good. I think I'm really down inches. I caught a peek of my "before" picture in the back of my file- and I could tell a difference! That was exciting!

I don't think I'm ready to get back to the gym this weekend, but I think I might try to take a walk between naps.

Elvis- Hooray for feeling pretty!

I would also like to contribute the following songs to the 3FC soundtrack:
I'm Every Woman- Chaka Khan- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xuUdI1an0

I think this might warrant it's own thread....

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-09-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #70

Lunarsongbird: you didn't eat the candy for YOU, it was for the cold! Is that how the saying goes, feed a cold and starve a fever? Either way, you could probably use the calories even if they weren't the best so who cares. Sometime we just have to do those things (and we all do them).

I love that song!!!! I like the version from Whitney Houston too, her voice is so amazing.

Did you hear the new song about the Thrift Shop? My husband said that's my song. It was so funny, now I love it even though it's not really my style of music. I won't link here as there are some very explicit lyrics but they play a clean one on the radio. One of the parts talks about wearing your granddad's clothes, I don't think I bought any old man sweaters...yet!!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #71

S/C/G: 263/237/199

Hi I would love to join in on this thread. I've been slowly taking off the weight. I am not following a plan, just watching what I eat and taking walks.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #72
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Losing4Better

Good news: my swimsuit bottoms are less snug.
Bad news: I was in danger of losing them during aqua class today. Must find that one piece if I want to do any more aqua classes.

I'm off to my second rugby game tomorrow and I think there's a good chance that I'll actually play - unlike last time. I'm so excited. And also a little scared.

Lose 25lbs by 15 April (10 Mar)
Get to 100 kg (220) by 1 May (7 Apr)
Be 205 by race day - 14 July
One-derland by 1 Sept
Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #73
Living Intuitively

Welcome, welcome, losing4better!!
Congratulations on your 24 pounds! WONDERFUL! You'll be in ONEderland in no time!!

AlmostMe- Your post made me giggle. Hope you find a new suit soon! Can't wait to hear about rugby!! I hope you play too!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-09-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #74
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

This weekends been crazy!! Mechanic called Wednesday evening to tell me my car had considerable water damage and since I've never had it in a flood I called the dealership two days in a row. Finally had to call corporate. Spent all day Friday picking a new vehicle. All day today having electronics switched from old vehicle to new at dealers expense. Thankfully its all done now. But what should have been 2 hour appts turned into 6-8 hours. So Friday and today, not enough water or food. To much sodium. Then tonight was family night. My sister in law, and her 4 kids and all of us got together for movies and appetizers. I took half servings of everything and drank 3 huge glasses of water while we were cooking. Didn't finish my plate and feel stuffed. Hopefully the water helps.

Hate to say it, but I'm totally ready for Monday to get here.

Goal 1: 214 lbs. Met!! Goal 2: 197 lbs. Met!! Goal 3: Keep getting healthy in 2013
Old 02-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #75

S/C/G: 242/233/135

Height: 5'9"

Newbie here. I'm currently at 233, started at 242 about two weeks ago (low-GI diet). It has been pain though because I'm travelling and won't be able to cook my own food until April. (Horray for a 9lb loss despite eating out EVERY meal)
Any other low-GI dieters with suggestions? Or anyone to share some of their weight loss wisdom
Closed Thread