Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I can relate to this 98, though it is not my husband that does this it is my parents. We are renting their basement, and we currently have one kitchen to share between the 4 of us. They don't necessarily order out every day, but they keep so much junk food around it is hard to resist. I kid you not, there is cake from father's day, a rhubarb pie, and yesterday they came home with a dozen donuts.
It's more frustrating than anything, cause my mom wants me to order that Sensa stuff (you know those sprinkles that you put on the food that is supposed to help you lose weight). If they wouldn't keep so much junk food it would be so much easier.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #62  

Today was a rough one. I went out to eat and did pretty well. I hurt my ankle two days ago and it's bothering me. I did my walking yesterday even though it was tender and that might have been a mistake. I am taking today off to see if it helps.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #63  

Hi all! Hope I can join! I should be in the 280's but my official weigh in isn't unil Sunday.

I am determined to lose weight before my cruise next May. I recently joined a gym because it's around 90-100 everyday in Louisiana and too ht to exercise outside! I have worked out 4 times this week and meet with a trainer next Tuesday.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I binged yesterday after weighing 266. :`( I ate 6...6!!!!!!!! of those kinder stick things. I don't know if they have them in the States. The scale was at 268 this morning. I really hope to see 266 again by Monday weigh in.

I worked out as hard as I could today, got a good sweat...I'm expecting to see a bit of a gain on the scale since it was my first time working out in a week. :/ That always happens to me.

98daysofsummer: could you maybe do some grilling at home? What kind of stuff does he want for take out/dinner out?

CanadianCutie: That's a tough one. I think sometimes parents equate food with happiness and love. If it's not in the house, I won't go out to get anything..but if it's here, I wil want it... I have serious binge issues especially when I'm emotional. It took me a long time to accept this.

CurvyNerd: Sorry about your ankle hope it heals up quick for you!

Neast: Welcome!!!

Last edited by ALEKS; 06-21-2012 at 11:24 PM.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 308/249/?

Height: 5'5

Aleks: Hot weather must be bringing on the binging because that's all I did the two days that the weather has been miserably hot.

You would think that with the hot weather I would be choosing crispy cool veggies and the like to eat.. that didn't happen though and we ate out for those two days And of course I couldn't work out as long as I normally would with the house inside being just as hot as it was outside.

So I think I will be putting off weigh-ins til next Friday. Eeek.

How often are you ladies doing weigh-ins? I have been contemplating doing it either weekly or every two weeks. I think it would be motivating to see the loss in a week (if it was progress), but don't know if it would also be discouraging if there was little or no progress... your thoughts??
spinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Neast, I'm in Louisiana, too! It IS SO HOT!

Spinderella, I weigh every day. I don't freak out about going up half a pound or two pounds with PMS, I am pretty mindful of the overall trend. I usually count Mondays and Fridays. I don't know why. It works for me. I have a little app called Lose It that tracks calories and it has a little graph of weight loss so even if I'm up a little, I can see the overall trend is down - and I know to get serious again if the trend starts to move UP.

CurvyNerd, give yourself a break! Your commitment is admirable but you don't want to injure yourself!

CanadianCutie, it was the same growing up with my family. My mom forever had me on a diet and yet stocked the kitchen with chips and snack cakes (guess what, my brothers were fat too). I don't know what people are thinking. When I lived alone or with roommates in college, the weight fell off because I just didn't buy that kind of stuff. My grocery list was typically Diet Coke, Raisin Bran, skim milk, vodka, magazines, and lip gloss. When my husband shops, he puts all kinds of junk in the basket and then grouses about how much weight he's gained (he was the kid who could eat anything - and did - until he hit 30 and all that came to a halt but he's got all those years of bad habits to contend with).

This week, I have reclaimed the shopping and that's just how we're going to do things. Meals are planned, vegetables are chopped, fruit is washed. We're on go. My goal is to get through this heat on smoothies, salads, and the crock pot. It is TOO HOT to spend any time standing over a stove.

Everyone enjoy your weekend!

OH, also the scale did not move - as predicted. I am sad that I kind of threw a week away but I'm back on track.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #67  

Spinderlla: I don't know what it is...to me if I'm missing items on my specific menu I binge out of frustration!! What the heck!! I'm so mad at myself right now! Where in Canada are you? I check my weight every morning and ONLY morning, so as not to get frustrated with the days' fluctuations. I calculate my actual weight loss, ONLY on Monday mornings.

98DaysofSummer - It's a new week, let's all refocus and finish the new week strong!

I had a bad week in terms of my mini binges. I'm so angry as I did see 266 on the scale..and now I've just been sitting at 269 for the past 2 or 3 mornings. All I can do is continue forward and hopefully the scale stays in the 260s for weigh in Monday.

I'm off to the gym..and wow it's just 10 o'clock. I'm not usually this on the ball on the weekend! ha! wow, yay me!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #68  

Hi ladies, enjoying your weekend? How's everyone doing?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #69  

Yesterday was my daughters 13th birthday. I am now the mom of a teenager So yesterday I cheated with cake and pizza. However, I tracked my calories and went on with life.

Good news is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 5.6 lbs.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #70  

WOWWWWW good for you!! My son will be 13 next month...my first teenager too :`(
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I started about 2 weeks ago at 287 and am down to 278. I really want to be out of the 270s by the end of July. My goal is to get to 265 by August 1st but I know that might be a stretch. In July we have a week of family visiting, which means a lot of eating out. And it's my daughter's birthday which means family cake and then cupcakes at the birthday party. And then we travel for another week the first of August. But that's life and I've got to learn to live within it.

I am in Texas where the forecast for the week is 105, 106, etc. And I have two sick kids so we'll be staying in a lot this week. I have a new cardio boxing game for the wii that I want to try this week.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Hello everyone!!
I am new to this thread and have been reading to catch up and congrats to everyone on their respective losses! I saw 278 briefly a month ago, but I am 286 again, and moving in the right direction (again)
Had a good workout today and have stuck to my plan and am hoping that when I have my official weigh in next sunday (i weigh in every day, but my "officials" are sundays) I will be down 3lbs and in the 270s by the 2nd week in july!
I havent been a "faithful" poster, (im the epitome of a lurker) but you guys are so encouraging and awesome that I just "want to be a part" lol
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #73  

texaxsyankee - good for you! You can get there! as for the cake/cupcakes you can make the choice to just not eat it. I know , it's hard..cake is my weakness! We were at a birthday party yesterday...I had NO chips, NO hot dog, No cake...all my faves! But, I'm proud that I survived and had some fruit/veggies!

mystyblue - welcome back.

Ladies, it's not exactly what I wanted...but I'm down 2.5 pounds. I had a few speed bumps the past week. BUT... I'm happy to say I am now 268!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Here is my strategy for getting through birthday parties, showers, weddings, etc - I do NOT want to end up in some picture on facebook, stuffing my face and looking fat. We had two parties on Saturday and a family gathering yesterday. That was pretty much my whole weekend.

Today I am cutting up vegetables and washing fruit to get us ready for the week. I love these freezer to crock pot ideas on Pinterest and that's pretty much how I'm cooking this summer. I feel like such an idiot for not doing this before.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #75  

Aleks-Great job!

98days-I keep a big bowl of fruit in the fridge. It's easy to snack on! Where are you fom in Louisiana?

Mysty- Welcome, I'm new too but I just jumped right in.

I get back to water aerobics today. I'm currently doing water aerobics on Monday and Wednesday and Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday. I meet with a trainer tomorrow to start strength training. I am determined to get this weight off!