Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DaysOfSummer View Post
Hi! I'm new, too! Welcome!

I just LITERALLY bumped into a friend from high school and she had no idea who I was. Yikes. She was a FRIEND friend so it wasn't like she wouldn't be glad to see me (or care that I have gained weight), I just couldn't bring myself to say oh hey, it's me under her. I realize the fat that I'm wearing a 140 pound fat suit, but it's ME under here. Ouch.

So that ought to be plenty of motivation to get me through the weekend.
I've had something similar happen before and it sucks.

Oddly enough, I had the opposite happen once. A close friend from elementary school was the cashier at a drugstore and recognized me. I was always normal sized so I am amazed that she knew me, glasses and an extra person's worth of weight. I didn't recognize her at all and she's still slender.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 308/249/?

Height: 5'5

New 280 member here! I am generally not a scale person after being boggled by my 290+ reading last month. I stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprized by the 282 looking at me. LOL.

I will be happy to make the 270 club once again. I had been stuck in the 270's for the longest time last year, but horrible breakup pushed my 270 plateau up to the 290's (yikes!).
spinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies...been a bit MIA. Good news is Im down 3.5 this week...I'm ** this close to being n the 260s and I know it's going to wanna hang on for dear life!!!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Go ALEKS go! Go ALEKS go!

Spinderella, I don't think I've ever had a happy surprise on the scale! Congrats! And good to have you!

CurvyNerd, a few times someone has recognized me and I haven't known them but it's always something really weird like a girl I roomed with at camp when I was 12 or a boy who sat behind me in 4th grade. Who can remember that kind of thing???

I'm starting this week at 280 and planning to see the t 270s by Friday. YAY!!!

I survived Father's Day with my family (extended family as well) but it wasn't easy. Cole slaw and loaded potatoes are what pass for vegetables at my mom's house. SIGH. Next time I will be more aggressive about bringing a salad or vegetable instead of dessert. Or I'll just bring both and risk the wrath.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #50  
Started over 4/29/12

Good morning. To those that commented on my last post. Thank you so much. I find I can't stay away. LOL
I was happy to see 265.2 on this morning's weigh in. I've been in the 260's several days now and can breathe easy now knowing that there's no going back to the 270's.
I been thinking back and I've been overweight since my son was born almost 25 years ago!! Well there was the time when he was very young that I got back down to when I first got pregnant but that didn't last long. Then over the years it slowing piled on.. every now and then I'd go on a diet and lose a few pounds only to gain it back plus some. My highest has been right around 300.. lowest I got in 20 years was 225 a few years back after losing 60 lbs. I swore then I'd never let myself gain it back again but I did.
Back in Feb of this year I was 290. Then in April I was 287.2.. this morning 265.2. Things are different this time. I think I've finally got this. This time it's for keeps!!
I was going to leave the boards because I just didn't find my place. Then I read this from ALEKS: "Time2LoseIt - I find it difficult to! However, I feel if I even post to myself here, it keeps me honest. I can talk to myself all day long. HOpe you stick around!"
And that is just what I'm going to do. I'm going to stick around even if I'm talking to myself. LOL It will keep me honest and I will be able to see my progress..
Thank you!
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #51  

98DaysofSummer - Thank you!!! I saw 269.2 lbs this morning, but it's only the start of the week a lot can happen. I have to keep telling myself I'm in the 260's and I want to stay there (for just a little bit!) You can see that 280!! We're both on that cusp of getting into the lower decade! It's a tradition for us to go to Perkins for father's day...I survived by ordering a grilled chicken/strawberry/pecan salad and asked for balsamic on the side. I even stole 3 onion rings from my husband because it's my weakness... It's really hard for me to be in a social setting and not just eat what I looveee...especially when everyone else is doing it! But, it sounds like you didn't do too bad at all!

time2loseit - Good morning! I'm glad you decided to stay. Your story is like mine...lose some gain some, lose a bit, gain even more. I always seem to not quite get there before throwing in the towel, getting lazy, being over confident that I have this. I need to be humble about my weight loss and realize it's never for keeps but it will always, for the rest of my life be really hard work. Just like someone who has diabetes has to keep taking their insulin, I'll always be predisposed to being obese meaning healthy food is my "drug" that makes me well. You're doing really great!!!

Last edited by ALEKS; 06-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Glad to see you ladies are doing so well. I'm kind of stressed at the moment. Had bloodwork done this morning, it's a 6 month follow-up, but I wasn't as good as I could have been with the healthier eating in the past 6 months, there have been a lot of stresses. I was at 273.2 this morning, I'm working my way down.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #53  

CanadianCutie...just like your siggy says...one day at a time. BTW I'm in Winnipeg.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2loseit View Post
I been thinking back and I've been overweight since my son was born almost 25 years ago!! Well there was the time when he was very young that I got back down to when I first got pregnant but that didn't last long. Then over the years it slowing piled on.. every now and then I'd go on a diet and lose a few pounds only to gain it back plus some. My highest has been right around 300.. lowest I got in 20 years was 225 a few years back after losing 60 lbs. I swore then I'd never let myself gain it back again but I did.
Back in Feb of this year I was 290. Then in April I was 287.2.. this morning 265.2. Things are different this time. I think I've finally got this. This time it's for keeps!!
This sounds just like me. I am just starting out but I want it to be different this time. You can do it!

I haven't weighed myself since I am not going to do a set weigh day this time. I did work out yesterday and I was under my calories so it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited by CurvyNerd; 06-20-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #55  

The scale told me I wsa 268 today! Oh I hope I can stay in the 260's for a bit!!! I went to my board meeting last night and I'm proud to say I made my dinner ahead of time (fajita salad = YUMM!) instead of eating the meal the cook prepares. Yah!

How's everyone doing?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #56  

Congrats Aleks, that fajita salad sounds awesome. I made one the other night when I made fajitas for my husband and my dad.

CurvyNerd, you can do it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #57  

Yep, I used organic salsa on it instead of a dressing and it had the addition of yellow peppers/chicken and it was delicious!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #58  

Well, I weighed in this morning at 269.8. I'll stick around here for a day or two to make sure it sticks. I was so excited to see it though.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

It has been a bigger struggle this week. My husband has wanted to do take out or eat out every night this week (WHY) so I've had a lot of salads and grilled stuff but you know how that goes. Understandably, the scale hasn't budged. For next week (meal planning-wise, or weeks start on Friday), I'm planning slow cooker meals that will already be done by the time he starts grousing around about ordering out. Don't get me wrong, it's too hot to cook and I like trying different things but constantly eating out is not great for trying to lose weight!
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
Well, I weighed in this morning at 269.8. I'll stick around here for a day or two to make sure it sticks. I was so excited to see it though.
Awesome!