Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm at 276.4 today. Slowly inching toward 276. My girl's still sick so it's another day inside. And it is too hot to cook so I need to come up with a plan so I don't have my partner bring home take-out.

Welcome Sharks! - You did it once, you can do it again!

Neast - it's baffling to me that the trainer said she's not used to working with obese women. You are in Louisiana!! She must have a very small number of clients.

98 Days - I'll have to try the passion tea from Starbucks. That sounds like a good drive-thru treat.

Keep at it everyone!
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

272.4 this morning, so I guess my ticker stays the same. You're doing great ladies, keep it up.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

CanadianCutie, I sure am. I was 269 this morning. I always find it the most difficult to lose weight on the cusp of the 10's...I'll bob around high 260s and low 270's...then I'll bob around high 250s low 260s. :/

Neast - aww they grow so fast. :`( My (2nd) son just turned 12 yesterday..sniff..sniff. And thanks, I'm back on plan! As long as I don't throw in the towel completely, I'm okay.

asharksrevenge - welcomeeee! I'd take the dry heat over this humidity ANY day..because it doesn't get better through the night!! Wahh!

98daysofsummer - I love pinterest!

TexasYankee - almost there! Did you manage avoiding take out?

Last edited by ALEKS; 06-29-2012 at 12:28 AM.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

My husband tells me he's interested in trying low carb. This has been very successful for him in the past and anything that keeps junk out of the house, well...I can get behind that. So as I do not have the energy to read any of the books again, I'm googling for low carb meal and snack ideas.

Wish us luck.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #95  

Yesterday was a crazy day for me. I went out and ate lunch and dinner. I didn't even pun calories but it was a lot of sauce, cream, and cheese. What was I thinking?

However, I woke up this morning, did a 45 min water Pilates class ( love it!) then 20 mins of strength training. I'm back on schedule. I REFUSE to let one bad day hold me back!

Have a great weekend! We're off to my best friends pool for the afternoon!
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #96  
Started over 4/29/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neast View Post
I REFUSE to let one bad day hold me back!
Way to go!! I feel the same way. I try to stay on track but if I don't oh well. I just get right back to it.
time2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #97  

How is everyone? It's July 1! I am doing some of the challenges. One is to lose 10 lbs in July. That's going to be a stretch for me with my July schedule but I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs. by the end of the month, especially because that's when I travel to visit family.

I weighed in at 276 this morning. Well, that was the average. It was 276.4 and then 275. 6 so I rounded to 276. I was very excited to see the scale say 275! Slow and steady.

Neast - that's a great attitude! We didn't gain weight in one-day and one-day isn't going to make us not lose weight. It's just one day.

98 Days - that will be nice to have your husband on board. It is so much easier when your partner/spouse isn't eating french fries in front of you!

ALEKS - great job getting into the 260s!! That's fantastic!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #98  

Oh guys, wish us luck. I always forget that when my husband decides to "diet" then it's like I'm dieting for two. I forget that not everyone grew up "dieting" constantly and not everyone has read every fitness, diet, weight loss, and self help book/magazine on the topic for the last 30 years. SIGH. If I hear, "What can I eat" ONE MORE TIME.

So, in the interest of saving my marriage, I am taking some of what worked for us with low carb (we ate a lot because I kept tons of 'safe' things on hand) and Jenny Craig (there was a plan. Every day. Just follow the plan. Do not question the plan. The plan knows all. Be one with the plan) and making a kind of template for our days with a few switch outs and lists.

It appeals to my inner list maker and the part of me that really thrives in a rut.

My goal for July is to get through the 270s and into the 260s. Be the plan. Be the plan. Be the plan.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #99  

Official weigh in yesterday, down 2.2 for a total of 7.8 lbs.
I have noticed on the day after I strength train I weigh more. Craziness.

Anyone using myfitnesspal app? If so friend me. Neast

Good luck 98. My hubby won't diet at all. It's all good, I sneak in stuff like ground turkey for ground meat. shhhh don't tell.

Texas, I'll join you with 10 lbs in July. It will be hard for me too cause I'm going to D.C. In a few weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Neast - That's the right attitude! And yes, my weight bounces around as I strength train as well!

TexasYankee - You're doing fantastic! I hate my scale, it does the same thing to me...I have to weigh 3 times to make sure I get the right number! And, thank you!

98DaysofSummer - oooh that's a toughie! He wants all the hard work done for him!! I wish you the best of luck!!

My 270 stayed away and I hit 266 this morning. however...I got food poisoning yesterday..I was SOOO sick..and even today, all I managed to eat was oatmeal and even that left me queasy..sooo a bit of ANOTHER write off day. *sigh* I hope this doesn't turn bad for me next Monday!! Lesson: Don't eat out! :P
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #101  

Neast - I've read that when you work your muscles, they hold onto water as they repair the small tears (which is a good thing.) I'm not on myfitnesspal. I use Loseit! on my phone. I'm thinking of switching over, though, because so many people use MFP. Let's tackle those 10 lbs!

98 Days - my partner is the SAME way. I just tell her to stop asking questions and eat what I tell her too! She says "I want to go low carb" and then two hours later says "what's a carb?" LOL!

ALEKS - 266 is great! I'm sure you are so glad to be out of the 270s officially. But I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Food poisoning is the worst.

I stayed at 276 this morning, but I weighed later than usual. My Mother In Law is visiting and the woman drives me bonkers! I am trying very hard to encourage eating at home instead of restaurants but then she complains about what I make! Tonight I made chicken enchiladas in whole wheat tortillas, brown rice and roasted broccoli. It's going to be a long week! LOL!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #102  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Texas Yankee-- your chicken enchiladas sound delicious! How did they turn out?

I've been hovering at 288-291 for a week now and I am really frustrated. I ate on plan every day and have exercised 30 minutes daily for three or four days now. It's my TOM so it's possible that I am simply retaining water and may get a great whoosh soon, but I am so darned impatient for the scale to move down! I know that this is a long haul and a permanent life change, but I can't help but want to see some results in the beginning.

At least the weather in the evenings isn't bad--not even in the 90's anymore, with a cool breeze. Great walking weather.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Well, I have been through this set of numbers once before...lost interest in losing weight, went into "last supper" mode for quite a while (meaning I ate everything I wanted like I was never going to be able to have it again), and now get to journey through this set of numbers again.

But I think I am approaching it with a different mentality...more of a lifestyle change, as opposed to a "diet".

So here I am at 278...probably won't get an accurate weigh in number for 2 weeks, since I am currently on a week's worth of prednisone, and then it will be TOM, so I promise not to take any negative numbers to heart.
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #104  

I bought a new scale today. It weighs 1 lb. higher than my old one. This weeks weigh in will be a little off but after that m good.

Texas good luck with the mother in law.
Aleks-hope you feel better
Shark- you will get there. Slow and steady.
Ohmy- you can do it!

Y'all have a great holiday!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #105  

Had a good, on plan (our totally made up works for us calorie counting/avoid fake food sort of plan). No one went nuts, no on lost her temper (e-hem). Everyone is still smiling.

I am supposed to go to the farmers market tomorrow with a friend. Not super dedicated to the idea as it's hot AND the Wed. one is a lot more "prepared food" than the Saturday one. Just give me some local honey and good tomatoes and leave me alone. Next year I am so having a garden.

Neast! Congrats on your loss!

Aleks, I do hope you feel better! Take care!

Texas, your cooking sounds delicious. If your MIL isn't interested, invite me! Also, isn't roasted broccoli about the best thing ever? The first time I had it I thought, ok, I have just been doing broccoli all wrong. This is what it's about! We had it tonight, in fact.

Shark, I always want to see results NOW. I've been so tempted by Medifast mostly because of the fast results. Hang in there. TOM can work evil scale voodoo - but those pounds won't last, they'll be gone soon!

OMD, that's a good attitude. Do your best and it will all come right in the end. TOM and prednisone are a tough combo but you can do it.

I am off to look for inspiration on Pinterest. If you find the sight of perfect 18 year old abs depressing, skip this. But if you can weed through that to the positive stuff, it's great.

Also, someone sell me on this whole "green smoothie" thing. I keep reading that you can cram four cups of spinach in a blender with a banana, some yogurt, and some frozen berries, and really, you'll never taste the spinach! I find this hard to believe. Thoughts?