Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I held steady at 278 this morning, which I thought was pretty good considering my cheat on Saturday evening. My kids have spread their germs so I'm not feeling well today. But it's suppose to be 106 so it's a good day to stay inside anyway.

98Days - that is a good thing to remember! To not have pics on facebook of me stuffing my face with cake. Thanks for that laugh and tip! I also keep ready-to-eat fruit and veggies in the fridge, and peeled hard-boiled eggs. We pre-wash grapes, cut up watermelon and I splurge and buy the pre-cut individual packages of organic apples, because they are so easy to just grab and bring with me.

ALEKS - down 2.5 lbs is great!! Great job!

Neast - I did water aerobics before having kids and I loved it. I try to do some when I bring the kids to the pool or springs.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

98DaysOfSummer - great idea. I know if I'm lazy and have nothing ready I will want to grab for DH's bad stuff...like his Sweet Marie bar or something.. *guilty look*

Neast - thank you! Good for you, that sounds like fun activities!

Texas Yankee - That's great. It's always better than a gain, right? We're having a heat wave up north too! ughhh! And, thank you. We always want more though, right?

Last edited by ALEKS; 06-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #78  

Went to the gym today and they had an exercise challenge! Work out 22 times between now and July 26 and you get a workout towel. I signed up and will give it my best shot. A little extra motivation.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #79  

Back up to 270 this morning. :`(
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, I have a new (to me) discovery - Perrier comes in ten packs of cans. THIS IS FANTASTIC!

Alright, settling down and moving on...

ALEKS, shake it off. And what is a Sweet Marie bar?

Good luck, Neast, you are going to get that towel!!! I'm on the Northshore, where are you?

Texas, this heat is KILLING ME. Also, I hadn't thought of keeping boiled eggs. That's smart, I'm going to add those to my stash.

I am once again trying to give up Diet Coke. I can't quit cold turkey because I end up with horrible headaches but I'm trying to cut way WAY back and eventually give it up. Wish me luck. I love my Diet Coke
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #81  

I was at 279.4 this morning but I am pretty sure that is from the sodium from last night's Pho. That broth is just so tasty that I am sure it is filled with sodium. I am trying to drink a lot of water today. Also, I'm still not feeling well so slept later and weighed later. I am trying not to worry about these mid-week numbers but stay focused on Sunday's weigh-in.

ALEKS - I agree, shake it off. Focus on the overall downward slope. And I also want to know what Sweet Marie bars are.

Neast - You go get that towel!!

It is so hot here. The kids and I went into the backyard for a little while this morning to pick up sticks and play with the dog. We had to come in after 20 minutes. Last summer, we had 100 days of 100+ temps. Looks like we are in for it again.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #82  

So I met the personal trainer. The "assessment" i paid $75 was simply asking me a million questions, taking my blood pressure and my hip waist measurements. Talk about mad. I also have to go back Thursday for her to show me how to use the machines.

She also told me that I won't see a big improvement in 3 months. That tells me she's not used to dealing with obese women. After this training session, I'm requesting a new trainer.

The trainer also told me I could count my assessment as a workout on the incentive board. It felt great to tell her I had Zumba class that morning and didn't have to use an assessment to count as a workout.

Texas, high was 101 here today. The dogs are miserable, kid is miserable, and the combo makes me miserable.

98- I'm in Baton Rouge. Hot and miserable

Aleks- it will be back down in no time. If I had to guess a combo of water and hormones.

Have a great day!!
~Niki~
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #83  

I'm down to 276.6 this morning, so I hope that sodium is out of my system. I really want to be 276 for my weigh in on Sunday. I have been stuck at home since Sunday with sick kids and my little one still has a fever. It is really hard to be home all day and not snack. I'm drinking coffee to get through, but it's iced coffee since it's so dang hot out.

How is everyone doing?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #84  

I lived in BR for years! Loved it at the time but the traffic has exploded. My daughter's pediatrician is on Perkins and if I have any other stuff to do while I'm in town, I can count on spending 90% of the time sitting in the car. What gym are you using? Sounds like that trainer is clueless. This is LOUISIANA, if she's never dealt with an "obese" person then she must never leave her house.

Good luck, Texas! You can get there by Sunday!

It is so SO hot y'all. I know, everyone else has said it but I feel like I need to repeat. I am drinking water like a crazy person but I'm also struggling. I just want to lie around and do nothing all day. Last night I went to Starbucks to catch up with some friends (btw, anyone else IN LOVE with their passion tea? It's SO GOOD, even unsweetened and without anything artificial in it. Yay for the new(er) bigger size!) and we ended up sitting inside because it was just INTOLERABLE outside. At 8 pm. Yikes.

I swear, it is so hot I just want to do one of those shake diets so I can have smoothies all summer and never have to eat warm food again.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 285/274.0/150.0

Height: 5'3

I want to get in on this group. I made it down to 219.8 two years ago in August. I remember so specifically because I made it to my lowest weight in my journey WHILE ON VACATION. However, when I came back from vacation my weight loss ceased to exist and I gained everything back plus 11 pounds. When I "re-dedicated" on March 12th this year, I weighed 272.8. However, I suck at re-dedicating and I fell off the wagon and gained about six more pounds to add to that number. SO, when I weighed on Sunday I was at 278.8. I bought a BodyBugg and it's keeping me extremely accountable and even though its a big goal, I hope to be back to that 272.8 by this coming Sunday. That would mean about six pounds. Normally that would be excessive but since it's my "first" week I think it's feasable. As of this morning I'm down 2 of those six pounds. I'm just making sure I have a 1000 calorie deficit everyday. You should have seen me last night....I was craving something delicous and crunchy and my husband used the phrase "beefy nacho burrito." So, I looked up how many calories it was and cranked up the radio and did some crazy dancing until I burned those 470 calories. Anywhoo. I'm hoping to be out of the 270s by July 8th at the latest.
trailerprincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #86  

Thanks for the support alll.. I even ate pizza yesterday because I was HOT and LAZY...ugh. I'm back on track today and have been doing well. I was still at 270 this morning.

A sweet marie bar is a chocolate bar with peanuts...I thought it might be American, but I guess not. lol. My husband always keeps junk around and when I'm down, doing poorly (insert other excuses) it's easy to get into his stuff.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I guess the 269.8 was a fluke, I am at 271-273 now. My weigh in day is tomorrow, so I'll take whatever number that is and go with it.
Glad to hear you're back on track ALEKS.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #88  

Went to water aerobics tonight. The instructor changed it up and kicked my butt! I am going to try a new water aerobics class tomorrow evening. I also have high school orientation with my daughter tomorrow. She was just a baby.

Texas- good luck with the sick kids. Snack on veggies. I love carrot chips dipped in fat free ranch. It's a yummy snack!

98- I work out at the Woman's Center for Wellness. Next time you're in BR let me know and we can walk around the LSU lakes, get some cardio in ( if it's not a million degrees)

Trailer- Welcome! I went and ate lunch with my hubby today and ate 1/2 a quesidalla and it was over 700 calories!! I put extra umph in my evening workout. At least we can work it off!

Aleks-you will be there soon.

Canadian-it's just a small setback. You will be back soon!!

Have a Great Evening All!

~Niki~
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #89  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone--I'd like to join this group too! I'm just barely in the 280's but I'm making progress. I was once down to 240 but regained it all back and am back here trying again. It's hot here too, but a different kind of hot. California summers are no joke either; the dry air just kills you with temps over 100 degrees (but at least there's little humidity!). I walk in the evenings for exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well today and staying cool!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #90  

Hi, Sharks! Welcome!

Niki, it's crazy to think I used to RUN around those lakes and now it would be a slow plod. I'll have to look you up next time I'm over that way. Good luck to your daughter (and you!) with high school! Mine starts first this year. I thought the first day of kindy would kill me!

I am on Pinterest looking up smoothie recipes. It's just too hot for cooked food.