Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #526  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Tonight....My family bought pizza...one of my BIG downfalls. Every time they do I say I am not going to have ANY...and i end up binging :\ Today I said I was not going to have any..and ate about 1-2 to 3/4 a piece (Don't know for sure because it was papa murphy's so we cut it ourselves...I can't help but feeling guilty for having the half of a slice but feel good that it was only 1/2 a slice
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #527  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I know how you feel. Pizza and french fries are two foods that I sometimes can't completely resist, but when I eat it, I just want more. So if you can stick with just a half a piece or so, good for you! Try not to feel guilty
Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #528  

Even 1 piece sounds like good control. Far better than the 1/2 pizza that I likely would have eaten!

You had a huge temptation in front of you and you kept your control. WTG!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #529  

Working on my PT so that I can get back to exercising. I'm embarrassed at how weak my body is Just doing some basic stretches and I am exhausted and sweaty

My son is going to be home sick tomorrow. I'm planning on taking him with to PT if he is feeling well enough. I cannot let his illness be my excuse again (not contagious, he has a chronic illness).
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #530  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Thanks ya'll! II can resist take out pizza...Its the home baked I can't (Because not only do you smell it after it's baked but you also smell it while it's cooking and they bout THREE family sized pizza's that's a total of almost 2 hours of smelling warm pizza) Torture or what?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #531  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
Thanks ya'll! II can resist take out pizza...Its the home baked I can't (Because not only do you smell it after it's baked but you also smell it while it's cooking and they bout THREE family sized pizza's that's a total of almost 2 hours of smelling warm pizza) Torture or what?
I don't like homebaked pizza but that smell...you are so right about the smell...in the past it would tempt me to order a take-out pizza! I finally had to make a rule that pizza is a once a month treat. We were getting it once a week!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #532  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggles View Post
I don't like homebaked pizza but that smell...you are so right about the smell...in the past it would tempt me to order a take-out pizza! I finally had to make a rule that pizza is a once a month treat. We were getting it once a week!
I don't like it either that much and ordering take- out was not an option...they get it about once or twice a week:\ Normally I can leave, etc when they get pizza but I had so much homework that that wasn't really an option with the time that our library closed :\
Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #533  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
Tonight....My family bought pizza...one of my BIG downfalls. Every time they do I say I am not going to have ANY...and i end up binging :\ Today I said I was not going to have any..and ate about 1-2 to 3/4 a piece (Don't know for sure because it was papa murphy's so we cut it ourselves...I can't help but feeling guilty for having the half of a slice but feel good that it was only 1/2 a slice
Instead of not allowing yourself to have it, why not just work it into your diet? Depriving yourself will only make you want it more.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #534  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Because If I work some into my diet I will overeat. Plus, if I do eat it, My sodium will be WAAYYY out of whack which isn't good for me. Even today, I had the half of a piece and it was SSSOOOOOO hard to stop. I'm still sitting here wanting it :\ And I didnt have the leeway in sodium or calories to have the pizza.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #535  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Our electricity was off for several hours tonight. I went to bed early but now I'm up with a headache and can't sleep. Always something. At least the power came back on!

I did about 25min of kickboxing, I followed this with 25min of an active stretching DVD which started with a kick series {which I had just ended with on the kicboxing dvd} then we went into lunges, then arms.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #536  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I can't work pizza into my calories either. It's just a slippery slope for me. Plus, all the carbs and wheat make me gain even if I stay within my calories, so it's off my list of approved foods. Good for you for keeping your portion under control! We all know what a triumph that is.

Muggles, I hope you're feeling better soon. Don't be embarrassed that you feel weak. Just think of it as a starting point. You have nowhere to go but up, and you'll be surprised at how fast you gain your strength back.

I'm at 200.4 this morning. I don't have time to obsess about that half a pound, though, because I have a meeting first thing. I hate meetings! Today's my last work day for over a week, though, so I can't complain. I have lots of stuff to take care of before I leave town, though, so it's going to be a busy day. That makes it easier to stick to my diet, at least!

Have a great Thursday, everyone.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #537  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning ladies! I seem to be losing .2 lbs per day. It's good but I want more!!!! Especially in comparison to the effort I put in. Oh, well. My daughters bday today..she chose to go to a chinese buffet for lunch....thankfully, it has a grill with fresh veggies, chicken, and beef so that will be my choice! Lots of veggies!!!

Hunger is still non existant. Which is good. I set my phone to make sure I eat every 3 hours. Going to NY in April for a couple days with the kids and dh. A bit nervous about food choices! I'll have to make a plan.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #538  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

SMSDREAMER2007, Congrats on the pizza victory! Pizza is one on my downfalls as well. I try not to have it often and really have to plan for it - it can never be one of those spur of the moment things. I have a working lunch meeting today. At 5 last night I got an email announching we'd be having pizza for lunch . I had to respond "none for me, thanks" because I just can't work it in today so if you have any of that will power left, wouldja send a little my way?

Muggles, many of us got back to exercising very slowly. Don't be hard on yourself, you're doing something REALLY good. It all takes time...

kmac1196, Congrats on the .2/day, that's a great pace.

thistoo, Cheering you on to Onederland, I know it's something you've been working really hard toward.

patchworkpenguin, Was your power outage weather related? We had a crazy wind and hail storm the night before last - I can't believe we never lost power. Glad to hear it's back.. now on to fixing that headache...

heathermichigan, I feel your pain. My weight seems to be crazy inconsistent. It's up when it *should be* down and vice-versa. I keep telling myself if I keep doing the right things it'll all come together, but I'm not a very patient person so this is getting old fast.

I'm going to have a tough time getting exercise in today so it'll have to be tonight before dinner. It's getting easier every day and I'm determined not to slack off and have to start again.

I hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!

Last edited by mahtha; 03-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #539  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies!

Hmm trying to remember what I just read.. the PIZZA DISCUSSION... we have a local shop, the guy who owns it is a friend of hubby's and the pizza there is amazing. He makes some of the craziest yet most delicious concoctions ever. We have convinced them to make us a "diet" pizza. He uses a med size ball of dough, turns it into an extra large size pizza.. I wish it was wheat but oh well, he then tops it with some sauce and lots of bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a tiny bit of cheese. A slice is enough to fill us, and it's not as horrible as a thick crust pizza loaded with cheese and meats. It's not the best choice but it is a nice treat once in a while.

Today I tried a new WATP video. I have been doing a few 3 mile workouts, and well I have the Abs series and never had the belt so I ordered the 3mi Walk Away Your Waisteline.. I thought no problem I will get through it like the other 3 mile ones. NO WAY!!! That one is way more intense than any of the others I have done! It moves sooo fast!!! I was dying! Just before the 2 mile marker I knew I was toast! I cooled myself down and stretched. It will be a while before I can do that one! On a sad side note, the belt is too small for me I ended up rigging it to fit with some extra velcro I'll get there though, I'm working hard and before I know it that belt will be fitting my big ol' belly!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #540  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks mahtha.
I have gotten extremely frustrated the last week and a half. The weight just sort of stopped coming off overall. I'll lose, but then gain it back, over and over, day after day. Down a pound, up a half a pound, down a half a pound, up a pound, etc. etc. I'm getting close to calling my nutritionist and seeing if I should shake up what I'm eating a little--eat differently or less or more or something. Exercising more, longer, or harder isn't possible so it's gotta be the food. I drink plenty of water, almost never drink anything else. Don't add salt or eat the processed things that have salt. Not the right time of the month for it to be happening.
But I'm stubborn, too, so I keep doing what I'm doing and don't cheat. I can't exercise this week (still feeling pretty awful and had a lot going on at work that I couldn't miss, so I'm sort of exhausted from that too) so I'm trying to remember that those 5-6 per week/~500 calories burned workouts add up and will help me along once I workout again. But still....I normally lose 2-2 1/2 lbs a week. I'd be happy with 1 1/2 a week.
Anyway.....this is a longggggggggg journey and I am trying hard to just keep it up. If something has to change, it has to change and I'll change it. I am not giving up until I'm at my goal, so that's just how it is.
Closed Thread