Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 01:38 PM   #76  

Hi Everyone!

Guess what? I just got back from my Friday weigh-in and... I LOST THREE AND A HALF POUNDS!!!

I'm soooo happy! I can share this with my sister-in-law, but she's the only one around who will understand my excitement. It's nice to know that you're all there for me.

I'm going to try to keep this motivation going. I'm sort of writing stuff down and I've increased the walking and had lots of water!

Right now, I'm sipping some Progresso Minestrone Soup - I figure it's about 1.5 points per serving - and munching on some pita bread. Then I'll gulp down alot of water.

I'd like to get better with my dinners. That's when I tend to go over on points. I'm looking for some ideas....What is your favorite dinner that's about 8 to 10 points? Less points would be nice too.

If the weather doesn't turn, I'll walk this afternoon.

I hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:54 PM   #77  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Pogo........ Good Job!!!! Keep that motivation going

~Jen
Old 04-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #78  

Pogo - WOW - great loss, girl, congrats. You do sound motivated, losing those lbs will do that to you, lol. Check out this site for receipes. One of my favorites is Chicken Marengo (Es- willie calls it chicken Merenge). Its all don in one pot in about 20-25 mins. Its chicken breast (no bone) cut up with penne pasta and green or red (or both) peppers and chicken broth and stewed tomatoes (Italian receipe) and white cooking wine! YUMMMMMMMMMMY. I love the taste and I especially love the fact that its all in one pot. And I believe its 7 pts. per serving - cooks 4 servings. But there are tons of receipes here that are good and not too many points. Check it out.

Hi everyone - hope your'e all having a great day. Thank God its Friday! And Jen and Es - if you get the slimfast bars, hope you like em!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-05-2002, 06:57 PM   #79  

Smile

Hi Buddies

Good news!!!! I decided to weigh-in today instead of tomorrow because I have a 9:00 a.m appt. with my hairdresser. Sooooooo, I lost 3.8

Pogo, I know exactly how you feel. I'm feeling good. Congrats on your loss.

I exercised alot this week. I'm doing resistance training for 55 minutes & my treadmill for 35 minutes.

Dianne, chicken merenge Willie is so funny. Sounds delicious. I have to try it one of these days. An attorney that I work for felt bad cause she didn't get me anything for easter so she gave me box of her protein bars. She's on LAWeightloss. She lost 30 lbs. It's $7 a week but you have to prepay for 1 year. They think they're so slick. Plus you HAVE TO buy their protein bars. I have 7 of them so I'll buy the slimfast bars next week.

Jen, have you tried the WW drinks? I was almost tempted to buy it but I changed my mind.

I forgot to mention that we went to see The Panic Room last weekend. It keeps you at the edge of your seat. Pete did not nod out once!!!! He always nods in the movies but not this time. Excellent movie.

Be back tomorrow
Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 04-05-2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:15 PM   #80  

Question

Has anyone ever bought anything from Ebay? Is it safe? You're giving strangers your credit card info right? They have ET. I would like to get it but I'm leary.

Es
Old 04-05-2002, 10:53 PM   #81  

OMG Es!!!!!!!! 3.8 lbs. - FANTASTIC WOMAN, YOU!!!! What a great loss - almost 4 lbs. you must be soooooooo happy. Congrats girl, you deserve it. You work so hard with your exercise, its really paying off. I'm really happy for you.

Sorry, I haven't ever bought anything on E-Bay before. I usually buy books, movies etc. from Amazon and have never had a problem with giving them my info.

Well, just popped in to congratulate you Es - great job.

Hi everyone - talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-06-2002, 01:07 AM   #82  

Hey everyone,

Well it's late, but I wanted to check in with you before I go to bed. I hope everyone has had a good week. Mine has been pretty decent with only a few bad choices. Overall I'm holding my own and when I start walking again, I feel like I will start loosing again.

My baby turns 21 tomorrow. I didn't know what to get her, so my husband bought her a DVD player. She didn't think she would get anything for her birthday, so she was pleasantly surprised. I guess she is officially legal and I'm officially "old". LOL

ES, I have purchased things on Ebay before. I've only used my debit card once, I usually just send a money order. It may take a few more days for delivery, but you don't have to worry about your information. However, I think when you do use a creditcard or debit card it is through what I'd call a "clearinghouse" type system. In other words, the people who have things for sale should not be given the information. Just the company processing the information.

ES, I am so proud of your loss. You must be on "cloud nine" at this point. I know I would be!!

POGO, wow, another great loss!! You and Es are my "heros". Well maybe I can get motivated soon and we can all be celebrating!! Keep up the good work.

JEN, are you taking any classes this summer. I just registered for nine hours.

Hi to everyone else!! Myra, Dianne, Zoe, and anyone I may have forgotten.

Ruth
Old 04-07-2002, 07:31 AM   #83  

Angry

Hello My Buddies,

RUTH, Happy Birthday to your daughter. No matter how old they are they will always be our baby. A DVD player is a very nice gift. About the bad choices, it's behind you & now it's a new week & you can start over. Everyday for me is a struggle. When I slip I don't dwell on it I just get right back on track. Maybe I'll slip again but I don't stay there for long. Hope you can start walking soon. Exercise helps physically & mentally. My nephew said he ordered something from Ebay & the seller never sent it. I still might order the ET movie(1982). Have a nice day.

DIANNE, thanks for cheering me on about my loss. The exercise did help. I was going over my points practically everyday. It'll probably show up next week.

Hi Jen, Zoe, Myra, Sandy, Pogo, 40by40 where are you?
Hope I didn't miss anybody.

Have a great day

Love,
Es

181.8/178.8/148 goal
Old 04-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #84  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi You's guys

I just wanted to pop in for a moment to say hello and say that I miss being online everyday. Our niece is still here and we're having a great visit. We (she and I) did the Fort Worth Race for the Cure 5k walk/run for Breast Cancer yesterday. So, I did get my exercise in. Of course, the eating part of this visit has been bad so I am hanging my head. I am really going to try to be better the rest of this visit (she goes home Thursday morning) but definitely when she's gone.

I am reading your posts but cannot comment right now.....WTG on all the losses.......what a big bunch of "LOSER'S" we have here!! I am so jealous...

Well, gotta run. Have a wonderfu Sunday and I'll try to pop in again soon. Miss me while I'm gone....

Me <><
Old 04-07-2002, 08:12 PM   #85  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

ES, Whooeee! Happy Dance for you, girl! I'm thrilled you had such a good loss, will go a long way in keeping you motivated, right? I know how hard you worked for it......congrats I've never dealt w/ebay. Amazon does have sellers who offer used items, and they deal w/the credit card transactions....sellers don't see that info. Hey, my offer of making you a copy still holds, remember.

Zoe, way to go on a 5K! How cool. That is DEFINITELY your exercise for the day! Hope you're having fun with your niece.

Ruth, Happy Birthday to your daughter.....21 is a milestone! And no, I'm not taking any classes during the summer semester. We bought a new pool last year late in August. My plans are to spend this entire summer in it can't wait! I'm returning in the fall semester, haven't decided upon what courses to take yet.

Dianne, thanks for the reminder about the chicken merengue recipe...I had looked it up previously, and thought it looked good, but never got around to making it......we're definitely having it for dinner tomorrow. I need new chicken breast recipes!

The boys just left for home. Jess had asked if they could spend the night in order for her and Mike to go out for the evening. They saw The Panic Room and said it was good also. We had a great visit with the boys. When Matt went to bed, Brandon, Joe and I had Game Night, which we used to do when our kids were little. Chutes & Ladders, Hi Ho Cherrio....and Operation. Over and over again ....we had a blast. Now I'm already missing them desperately!

Did not weigh in yesterday I knew it might be depressing, so avoided that. You know how much I love fresh-start Mondays

HI to Myra, Pogo, Sandy, Janie, and anyone I may have missed.

till tomorrow...
~Jen
Old 04-08-2002, 07:54 AM   #86  

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I wanted to tell you about my Saturday nite - I don't think I stayed OP! I decided to splurge and have fish and chips at around 5pm for dinner with my husband. I have no idea how many points - and I don't think I want to know. Well, a little later I ended out going out with 2 friends - for dinner! I intended to have water, tea or diet soda, but ended up having another dinner. It was a Chinese/Thai place and the food was yummy.
So, Sunday morning I walked at least 5 miles. It was a beautiful day and I met my friends for coffee. I don't know if that totally balanced the two dinners, but who cares now...and I had fun!

I have consciously tried to increase my walking and my water! We'll see how that works on Friday at weigh in.

That's all for now. Have to go to work. I'll be back online later this week.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:19 PM   #87  

HI gals,
We had a great time at Joshua Tree NP. The weather was perfect. It was mid 80s during the day and 50s at night. I was the only mom for the 3 families so I informed everyone(including the 3 dads) that I had devine right and total supremacy. No one complained and it really worked. The kids all got along pretty well, of course there were some disagreements but on the whole it was a good week. I didn't count points at all but I was hiking at least 2.5 miles everyday as well as some rock climbing. I weigh in on Wed. I don;t think I gained but I probably didn't loose either.
I did hide the eggs around the campsite. The kids loved it. They must have thanked me a dozen times.

Pogo & Es,
COngratulations on your fantastic losses You gals are awesome!! I hate to tell you,POGO,I am a 3rd generation Yankee fan. Although I am really ticked off that they traded Tino Martinez.
He's such a cutie. ESSIE, I have ordered stuff on Ebay without any problems. I have one credit card that I use solely for ordering on-line. That way it is easier for me to track if there has been any monkey business with my account.

Dianne,
I am glad that your mom is responding better. I hope that they can find a strong enough antibiotic.

Zoe,
Way to go on the 5K race. My neice is coming to visit for a week this summer. She is 14 and Ellen is 8. I signed them up for horseback riding camp together. I hope that they get in, it is a lottery process because it is so popular.

to everone!

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 04-08-2002, 07:52 PM   #88  

Thumbs down

Hello My Buds

JANIE, welcome back. I would love to go rock climbing & hiking. When my sister lived in PA we went hiking a couple of times. Great workout for the legs. We're Yankee fans too. Pete & my nephew are really die hard fans!!!!!

My brother trained a lady from my church & now she's doing aerobics classes twice a week at the church gym plus personal training. He's upset cause she left him without letting him know. I told him to try not to be upset she wasn't going to stay with him forever. She's charging $5 for 1 hr. class. I'm going to check it out Saturday morning. All in all she should have told him she was going on her own.

Pogo, happy to hear you had fun. If you keep up with the exercise for the rest of the week you'll be alright. Oh, and your water.

Jen, thanks for the happy dance You know what's depressing? The same women that were in that particular meeting 4 yrs. ago are still there. Two of them look the same. I feel more in control than I did before. Let's see how long it will last. Glad to hear you spent time with the boys. You & Joe are such fun grandparents. No wonder why they love spending the night.

Zoe, WTG with the 5k walk!!! Yes & we do miss you. Hurry back to us.

Mi amiga Dianne How's it going?

Myra, pop in & say hi.

Goodnight

Till tomorrow.
Love,
Es
Old 04-10-2002, 04:59 AM   #89  

Default What's Up?

YO, where is everybody?

Just checking in. Be back later

Have a great day
Love you all,
Es
Old 04-10-2002, 07:44 AM   #90  

Hi Es,
I'm just checking in too! I find that just reading thru the messages gets me ready for the day. I didn't fit a walk in yesterday, so that is my Wednesday goal. It will probably be after dinner, but that's a great time. I live near a beach so I can do a 3 mile walk very easily. Sometimes by myself, sometimes with my husband, sometimes with my sister-in-law - it's always a nice walk!

I've been trying to have a salad everyday for lunch. I think I had been slipping into the habit of having pizza - and I'd eat half of a medium size pizza! Or sometimes a sub - meatball or roastbeef. Then I tried the roll-ups - even the turkey ones had tons of meat - I never counted those points. Hmmm...that could have been the problem.

OK, have to get ready for work. Be back later.
Closed Thread