Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly chat March 13-20

I thought it might be fun if we had a chat thread like some of the other forums do. There's really not that many regular posters on this board and it might be nice to keep up with each other/report back on WIs without starting new threads/get support and encouragement, etc. A fun way to get to know each other better and be a good support system.

If you guys think it's a dumb idea or if nobody else wants to do it we can just let the thread die.

I've had a pretty good week. Have used some weeklies but not all of them and have earned 38 APs which I think is a record for me. I lost 1.8 lbs last week so I'm not expecting too much of a loss this week (I WI on Monday evenings).

Today I went to my first Zumba class! At first I was anxious because I didn't really have the moves down but other people were messing up too. Once I realized that I sort of calmed down and had fun. At about 15 minutes in my friend Tracy and I both looked at each other and weren't sure we could make it to the end (it's a 55 minute class) but luckily we had breaks in between songs to drink water and towel off the sweat. It was fun but a really hard workout and I can feel it in my arms and legs already.

I think Zumba might be my new thing!

Hoping to make it to 10 lbs lost this week. I was only 0.2 away last week so hopefully I can lose at least that much and get another sticker.

How about you guys? Having a good weekend?
I need dinner ideas! What are you having?

Also we have a tradition of going out after our WI and this is my week to pick. I'm going with sushi. So I have to figure out what is most points friendly and how much I can have before I go.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #2  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

I love Sushi...and most is relatively low in points. You can have a decent amount for like 8 points or so. I love it.

I'm pretty much back on plan today after being sick. I gained back a few pounds of what I lost from being sick, but I knew that would happen. We'll see what Wednesday brings as far as weigh in. I'm feeling pretty good though, so hopefully I'll be over this plateau. I'm waiting for the Momentum supplies Kim is sending me...I'm pretty excited.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I like the thread idea Thats awesome that you tried Zumba, i had been mentioning in another thread about the Zumba... that i want to try it too. I have a friend who i have been doing the WW with, and she wants to try it out. She loves to dance, however... I do not know how to dance... i am that person who was always sitting at the table all alone sipping on a drink while the others were having fun. This was partly because i didnt want to embarass myself! ugh. Anyhow, for her (and myself too) i am going to try it and see what trouble i can stir up :P Do you think it is something where you get all out of breath when you do it? cause i am also worried about my asthma. Last night I tried the eliptical and almost killed myself panting out of control.

Hmm dinner? i am in Canada, and we have a grocery store called Farm Boy, so i went there so i could pick up my dinner for while i am here at work... but i cant wait to eat it! This store rocks because its all fresh food...There is no processed foods there... so you dont have the option of buying it. which i really like... cause im not tempted. I am forced to eat healthier there... with an emphasis on organic choices. I got this awesome fresh salad with egg, ham and cheese, their own home made italian dressing... and a small chicken wrap.

Ideas for dinner? you know... i really like the Kikkoman Teryaki Marinade and Sauce. When i use my calculator it is zero points. It is fantastic in a stir fry with veggies and chicken. That right now is my favorite dinner.

we usually go out after WI too. Last week we went to this awesome little british pub in the country... it was so beautiful there. great atmosphere. Food is incredible I had a turkey burger with feta cheese on a whole wheat bun, with french fries (not the best, but i so wanted them!)
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #4  

Zumba is fun. I've just started working out consistently so I am pretty unfit. I was feeling it after the warm up and about 15 minutes in I wasn't sure if I would make it through the hour. The good thing is that there are people of all shapes and ability levels and our instructor was really good at showing modifications (making the arm and leg movements smaller so you're still working hard but it isn't impossible). Also you have a few seconds in between songs so you can drink water and wipe off the sweat and that helps you catch your breath a bit. There was never a time when I was in pain.
Group fitness classes are awesome, for me, because the instructors push me much harder than I would push myself. I even ordered a heart rate monitor so I would know my HR and how many calories I'm burning in these classes.

Please let us know how you like Zumba!

Thinking I will have maybe 3 or 4 rolls tomorrow night with a seaweed salad. Probably mostly good, healthy rolls with one specialty.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #5  

Ya i am pretty much sure i am gunna rock out some Zumba. Everyone loves it who has tried it. I worry about my asthma tho, however i know i can stop anytime i need to. I was in the ICU and almost intubated a few years back because my asthma flared up. I am not supposed to aggravate it. Which is very difficult when i need to get excersice. That elliptical did kick my butt last night lol.

My dinner was good tonite, but i have to say... i am getting sick to death of salads lol! ugh. I am thinking i want to cut out bread all together too. One of the meetings the other week was about adding variety to our daily meals, but i feel like i eat the same stuff every day. I know also that for the last week or more i have skipped breakfast all together which is terrible im sure. I work full time evenings so i get home at abut 1230am, i stay up watching tv until about 3am. I get up its close to 11am the next morning and then i have to get up, jump in the shower and head to the store to get fresh stuff for my dinner and lunch before i head to work. Is that a hinderance to this eating plan? Skippin the breakfast?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

oh ok.. so ALOT of people mess up on zumba too then? XD i tried it yesterday.. just 20 min express, and the one thought that kept going through my head was "my hips cant move like that"

i've yet to pick a meeting day (even though i have the unlimited option)... it will be mom and me on tuesday, or a midmorning wednesday or thursday if i can coax my husband into looking after our daughter

I found a really good wrap in walmart the other day. It's by Josephs. Flax oat bran and whole wheat lavash bread. there are 4 wraps, and there are 8 portions, but they're HUGE... cut one in half and its only 1point ^_^ add lil mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, onions... today i also added a turkey burger cut into strips. SO GOOD.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #7  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys!

I joined WWO tonight, so now I am all set up on my plan with PointsPlus. I used the old system a few years ago and dropped 50lbs., but I've gained that plus more back since then. So now I am trying to actually be committed to this and live my life healthier.

Today I bought the DVD "The Biggest Loser Workout Boot Camp". I don't go to a gym because I don't drive and there aren't any by my apartment or by my work. So I will be working out at home, which is fine, because it means no one can see me! Hehe. I did the first level of the DVD, which kicked my *** because I haven't worked out in so long. I'm hoping to get to the 3rd level of the DVD in a month or so.

I also just enjoyed some Crispy Minis Ketchup flavour because I was craving chips and those are just as good! And much less points!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #8  

welcome
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #9  

I would work out at home and all... but i fear for the objects around me!

The crispy mini's look good, but i havent tried them. Ketchup chips are my all time favorite chip in the world... and dill pickle! Mmm. I would take those over any other food. Just stayin away from it all. I like the flavour shakers popcorn tho. Its a pricey 10-11 pts+ per bag, but its so good.

Also... i am trying to add up my points in my head from the day while i am here at work, anyone know off the top of their heads how many points a 1/4 cup of regular icecream is worth? (choco if it makes a difference).

Last edited by mercuryblue; 03-13-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #10  
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
I would work out at home and all... but i fear for the objects around me!
that is a legitimate concern! luckily i manage to keep myself safe. not sure what my guinea pig or my downstairs neighbours think though!

they also have dill pickle crispy minis... yummers!

don't know exactly about the ice cream but 1/2 cup (regular) is 4 according to my WWO.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #11  

if you give us numbers? fat, carbs, protein, fiber, we/i can calculate it for you.. or you can google it.. sometimes you get a number for "weight watchers points chocolate ice cream"
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #12  

Thanks guys. I think 4 points, there was no info listed on the container... it was some stuff in the fridge i found at the hospital, you know those little styrofoam cups with the cardboard tops? one of those. I just felt like having something on my strawberries for my evening snack. It was incredible too i may add. I was just trying to rack my brain so i could figure out if i could have popcorn now that i am home, since i had the icecream.

I started using the gym at my work. I did the eliptical.. which i am trying to build up some tolerance on. It kills my lungs. I am able to get the most time in however on the recumbent bike. Do you guys think that 30 min on that recumbent bike at a fast pace would be enough excersize if i did it 5-6 days a week. I cant seem to fit in much more than that right now. I hate the gym so much but i can do the bike, its not terrible.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #13  
Geek

i think that is sufficient exercise, mercury. i am aiming for a 25-min workout 4 times a week right now which is hard to adjust to because i NEVER worked out before. one day i hope to enjoy exercise but that day is not today!

i have my lovely TOM now so i'm feeling that i'll probably see a gain this week, but i'm going to try not to let that discourage me.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!!

Glad this thread was started! I didn't have a very good week, unfortunately I over ate on Thursday and Saturday. My home scale was up 5lbs due to water retention which I'm still trying to work off! I found myself slipping more than usual and almost to the point of giving up once again but I know I can't. Sometimes I wish this process was easy - Eat healthy, exercise and see the pounds melt off. The mental aspect of trying to lose weight is a challenge and some days I can't deal with it.

So today I'm back on track, going to track carefully and head out to run 3 or 4 miles.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend and has a great week!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 03-14-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #15  

Wow, Kim! I know weight loss is a difficult journey but look how far you have come! From your before pictures to going out to run 3 or 4 miles. Your physical fitness alone is a huge accomplishment you should be proud of!

I WI tonight. I have a scale here and it drive me BANANAS because it says something different every single time I step on it. And I don't mean at different times during the day. I mean at that exact moment. I wish I could give up weighing myself at home but I just can't help it.

Today is my rest day from the gym. Right now I'm having my usual breakfast (special K/banana/coffee). I have a doctor's appointment later and I'm waiting to hear back from *another* doctor's office. Then later is WW and dinner afterwards.

Phae: Welcome! I hope you love the points plus program!

Mercury: I think the recumbent bike is a fine exercise. As long as it gets your heart rate up and you are getting a benefit from it I think it is good. Beats sitting on the couch doing nothing!

Jinksie: Yes! on the people messing up in zumba. Even the regulars weren't perfect. Half were going one way and half were going the other way lol.

Have a wonderful day, all! Hoping for a good WI tonight.
Closed Thread