Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #76  

Kempy what I am totally craving today since it is nice out today are hamburger on the grill with fried onions. I know it is so bad but moderation right .. Or I make a mexican lasanga that would be pretty good also. Stir fry sounds great. I always feel good after eating that because it tends not to be heavy. Julie
Old 10-07-2003, 03:12 PM   #77  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies! I was here yesterday and had a big long post going on, but then I clicked on a link from my email and the window changed --poof, gone! I hate it when that happens. Anyway, I had a pretty gosh darn good weekend foodwise. We had a weekend BBQ and I had my one 4 oz petite filet mignon on the grill with a no-fat added baked potato w/broccoli . I didn't even munch on chips, I made a bag of SmartPop popcorn instead and measured out my 1 serving. I got my mojo back ladies . It's weird though, now that I'm counting these so-called points, I actually have to eat more than I normally would on a pre-WW OP day. Does that make sense? I actually get to eat more food. How weird is that? I hope my body can adjust to this because I'd hate to show up at my first weigh-in and show a gain : !!!

Happy Anniversary Kempy/Angie/Chris!!!! I remember first joining you gals on the "Tough Chicks at Large" thread . It's nice that we're still hanging around. Woo-Hoo to us! Hope we see ALL of us fine ladies this time next year--at or near goal .

Mmmm, Julie I had a load of grilled onions on my steak on Sunday . It was soooo good. I also found a 40 cal p/slice (but probably not low carb) wheat bread yesterday. They're pretty large slices too. I have no idea what's for dinner today, I'll have to go digging in the freezer to see. A mexican lasagna sounds muy delicioso!

Angie now that RV is my kind of camping! Looks so cushy. Love the name of your bakery . We have 80 degrees right now, looking to get up to maybe 90 . OMG 35 degrees? I think I experienced 35 degree weather once that I remember while in Reno, NV. It was Xmas eve and I had just made 21 and Rick and I hopped on a Grayhound bus from San Francisco. We only did an overnighter, pretty much staying up all night partying. There was snow on the ground even, really pretty. Kinda cheesy place to be during the holidays, but it was fun.

Hey Dips. Getting closer to home : . Are you sure you're not feeling "happy" because of the fumes? Gosh, you have a 4 y.o. brother? That's how old my son is. It must be so cool to have brothers and sisters though, especially to be at the top end. I only have sisters. When I was growing up (I'm the baby) I got picked on because most of the older ones thought I was being spoiled by my parents (I was ) . I'm sure you'll have a great reunion.

Holly, my fellow "baby of the family" and Sagittarian . My b-day's on the 14th of Dec but I'm quite a few years older than you. But, age is relative isn't it? I still feel like I'm 25 .

Cherie, just reading your posts gets me energized. You're doing awesome. Keep it going, it's contagious!

Hello to Chris, Tonya, Sandy, Emily, redballoon, Jackie0 and everyone else. Have a great Tuesday.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:57 PM   #78  

Hey guys! I was hoping that lots more posts would have come in. I am getting off work today at 4 so I wanted to pop in one more time before I left. I'm going to try to get back here later tonight. I should have time. I can't go walk Echo b/c she is in full blown heat and the male dogs are hanging around so I have to keep her inside so I will be cooped up with her for the night. If I can remember i will take a pic of her in her diaper. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. She doesn't mind them either.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:09 PM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I had meatball grinders with the left over sauce and meatballs that I made yesterday. I am going to put together a single serving of spaghetti and meatballs for me when we go to the ocean this weekend. This way I stay good and Jay can have Pizza Hut if he wants and I wont be tempted.

Kempy, I want to see a pic of Echo in her diaper. You should find a bottle and make her hold it and take a picture of her.

Noelle, Way to go with your mojo!!!! I am trying hard to keep mine too. I hope we can all keep it up. We are doing so good!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #80  

Hey Girls,

Kempy that is just too funny about Echo wearing a diaper. Poor doggy. What we females have to go through .

Angie your sandwiches sound great! I never thought of making meatmball sandwiches. I have made chicken parmesan sandwiches though.

Hey Noelle I would like an eating plan that says I have to eat more! Sounds like WW is really working for ya.

As for me tonight I made tacos again. I was going to make the mexican lasanga but hubb wanted hard shelled tacos. I overate but I am not going to have a snack tonight.
I need a haircut so bad. I want to call to get in but I know I am probally going to have to wait two weeks.....Ugh. Kempy I see from your pic you have longer hair too. It looks so healthy and pretty. Mine is about the same length and I am at the point where I kind of want to chop it. Well check in later girls.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #81  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Holly, almost forgot...you asked about how much water you should be drinking per day? I read that if you divide your weight in half, that's how many ounces per day you should drink. See this link: http://www.pbs.org/americaswalking/f...ldrinking.html

I'm not a doctor (but I do play one on TV, not!) but I think that's a pretty good formula. The scary thing is, some of the symptoms for drinking too much water are the same as being dehydrated. Of course, you may want to drink more if it's really hot out or if you're heavy into lifting weights and sweating alot. Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #82  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

I thought I'd have time to post before I left but don't! I'm leaving for my flight soon. May try to check in while I'm in the States but if not I'll see you all after the 22nd!

Take care. Bye for now. Dips, you have a good trip!!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Wow.. it's been busy!

What do I do, but turn around and work a little.. and this thread gets BUSY!!! :-) Cool!

I am about to go to bed, but wanted to say hi!!!! I am feeling a little weird, a little off tonight... dizzy I guess... I am hoping I am not coming down with anything... I had a headache earlier... and took some migraine medicine, excedrin I think.. and since then, I have been feeling this way... maybe I won't be taking that again.

Julie... yum... tacos!!!! Maybe this weekend I will make those.... I just try to pour my taco meat mixture over some lettuce and leave the shell alone. It's still GREAT that way! Tonight I made a big pot of chili to take to lunch with me for the rest of the week.. it looks really really good!!!!

Kempy.. Poor Echo... I remember those days of having dogs... I think that is why I had mine spade! :-)

Noelle... WTG!!!! and Mojo is AWESOME!!!! Glad you found something that inspires you... that will definately keep you going!!!!

Ok.. reading all this talk of dinner is making me hungry again!!! :-) YUM!!!

Angie... Great RV... I would love to have that and go camping..!! That is so neat!!! Enjoy it! :-)

Ok... everyone.. I am going to bed.... HI to ANYONE I missed... I am so tired now, and my hands are shaking.. so I am sorry if I missed you.... I will check in tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 10-08-2003, 03:35 AM   #84  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies!!

I am soooo hapy today. A friend of mine said the magic words to me " wow are you losing weight?" YYAAAAAAYYY I can't tell you how good it feels to hear that agin! It made me push harder in aerobics class this morning.

Kempy, Julie- Candy corns ? Eeeeeewwwww. That is by far the nastiest candy ever invented.(next to black jellybeans) I used to hate it when people gave 'em to me on halloween :<

Kempy- It would make sense to buy a sweater for the cold mornings but I am cheap so until my limbs fall off, I'm gonna tough it out. Crazy, i know.

Julie- Being at the top of the sibling pile is cool for now but in 20 years I'll be nown as "the old one" But it's cool though. I love my big family. And It won't be that hard to get to know the baby. My parents did a really good job of keeping me fresh in his mind through videos and pictures. Plus I had a chance to visit over the years so if you point to me and ask him who I am he'll acknowledge me as his "sister, Angie." He just has to get used to me being around on a regular basis. I think now he sees me as a distant cousin more than a big sister.

Angie- I love the pics! you are gonna have so much fun in that thing. And the dogs are beautiful. I can't imagine growing up in a small family! Both my parets come from a fam of 7 kids and my aunts and uncles all have at least 4. So yeah our holidays are jamming. My fiance is definately excited and so am I, almost to the point where I hate talking to him on the phone because I want to see him so bad. Talking to him makes me miss him more. BTW once again on the topic of candy corns, EEEWWWW

Cheri- You are so much better than I am! I hate working out with TOM. But you are keeping a good attitude about it. You go girl!

Holly and Noelle- as the babies of your families, I think I'm safe in assuming you both were spoiled brats who got what you wanted and got away with things your older sibs NEVER in a MILLION YEARS would have gotten away with. It's all good though, every kid has their place and mine is the oldest girl, the first girl, the role model and mentor. I love to be able to tell the girls about my life and what I've done so far, plus I know they'd tell me stuff they wouldn't tell my mom so I'm a good liason between them and the parents.

BTW Noelle- though the fumes help, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy regardless you are a funny gal.

Happy anniversary to Angie/KEmpy/chris and I'm sure others have hit a milestone with this site. I first joined on Gen's "challenge" thread and migrated to this one. It's been great! We rock!

Wow I wrote a lot!! I have errands to run, i gotta go. TTYL

-Dips-
Old 10-08-2003, 03:37 AM   #85  
No Limit Souljah!!

HAVE A BLAST REDBALLOON!!

I'm right behind ya, girl! Wish we could've seen eachother, though.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #86  

Good Wedneday morngng to you all. My boss is gone until Monday so I will be playiung on the puter all day.

When I got home I found out that Joe had the camera so I couldn't take a pic of Echo. He will be home tonight so I will take it when I get home tonight. We are going to spay here Cherie but we are going to breed her once. I am going to to school for Electrolysis and I need the puppies to pay for my machine. I know I am a terrible mommy, I am pimping out my dog.

Dips I hate to hear that you hate candy corn. My hubby doesn't really like it either. I don't now where it came form maybe my mom. She always bought either those or circus peanuts. (another candy I love). Hey, I am the baby too and I wasn't spoiled. I just never did anything. I was a home body, still am.

Anige is a meatball grinder like a po'boy? How cold is it up there today? Have you heard form Sandy lately?

You guys talking about food is killing me. I get here to work and read the posts from last night and I get hungry reading them. I love it though. I like to see what everyone esle eats for dinner.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:44 AM   #87  

Hey! How is everyone doing? It looks like we are all back on track . I have been trying to get my 6 miles done in the morning so I don't have to worry about not wanting to do any more later. At this rate, I figure I will either kick my metabolism in gear, or, my legs will fall off.

Dips,

Isn't it a great feeling when someone notices all of the hard work you have been doing!? Well, I got pretty much whatever I wanted until I turned 13 and my father passed away. Then we were on a very tight budget, and I babysat part time to make money to help with school supplies and clothes. Also, there is a pitfall to being the youngest! My mother knew all of the tricks, and my older brothers were wild teenagers, so, I was pretty much kept on the straight and narrow. It is great that you make a point to be in your younger siblings lives, that didn't happen for me. My bros and sisters were so much older they had families of their own.

Cherie,

Please be careful not to overdo! That dizziness and shakiness could be a sign your body was ready to crash (for bed).

Redballoon,

Have a great trip!

Noelle,

Thanks for the link. I think 96 ounces is probably too much for me to be drinking, and will cut down some. The odd thing is with all the water drinking, my fingers are swollen. Does that make any sense? I thought the excess water would flush out my system. How is WW going? Do you have alot of food choices?

Julie,

My hair sometimes drives me crazy too! But, when I think about cutting it, I change my mind because it takes forever to grow!

Angie,

I know what you mean about weekends. Although, every day is a struggle for me now because I am laid off. When I was at work, I would eat breakfeast, and keep myself busy until lunch so not to think about the hunger pangs or grabbing a snack.

Kempy,

LOL, echo in a diaper, would be cute to see! Are dogs obnoxious when in heat? I know when our cats would be in heat it was awful!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #88  

Holly dogs are no where close to how cats act. I had a cat go into heat b4 I could fix her so I know how bad it can be. All Echo is doing is bleeding. (for 2 weeks yuck) Right now is the worse time though b/c her body is ready to get pregnant and she is sending out some sort of smell. i can't smell it but the dog in the neighborhood can so they are haning close to the house. That is why I keep her in. She has got papers and she has quite a few awards for the dog trials she has gone through so we don't want any old dog breeding with her.

I was 13 when my dad died too. He died from lung cancer and didn't even smoke. Scary huh? I know what you mean about living on a strick budget. We had to do the same thing.

Julie my hair is starting to drive me crazy too. I usually wear it is a ponytail unless we go somewhere. I have to straighten it everytime too. I would cut it but I am scared. It took me so loing to get it here and I might not like the new do, then I am stuck with short hair.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:09 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Good Morning!

I am feeling much better this morning.. I really think I was having a reaction to the headache medicine I took. Oh well, big lesson learned!

They are decorating here at work for Halloween.... my area is all decked out! :-) I love Halloween, and so do my girls. I need to go get their costumes this weekend, Barbie of Swan Lake! :-)

Holly, your metabolism will kick in soon!!!! Just keep up the great work!!! You are getting really motivated... Wonderful!

Hahaha Kempy the Pimpy! Haha.. aww.. that is ok. If you have a good breed of dog, I would say have babies!!! That is great! Oh, I think you asked before what Pilates I was using, I have two tapes. I do the Mari Windsor Advanced Body Slimming one that I do in the morning, it's only 19 minutes... so something quick to get me started on my day... and in the evenings, I have been doing the Pilates for Dummies, it's about 28 minutes. Goes a little slower, but still great.. I feel soooo good after I do those tapes. I can't believe I haven't known about this form of exercise before now!

Dips!!! Isn't that the most awesome feeling????? I am still waiting on someone to really notice here.. but I guess because I keep my big ugly sweater on all the time no one can tell! ;-)

Anyway... I've done my Pilates this morning... and I am ready to get off and go workout this afternoon... Work is going to be a little slow... Oh well, guess I will get up and walk around a lot... work with my arm weights here at work.. maybe that will take up some time! :-)

Everyone have a great day, I will check back tonight!

Cherie
Old 10-08-2003, 01:43 PM   #90  

Hey Girls

Cherie I know what you mean about the excedrine, I get migraines every month with TOM and I took them about two months ago and got the shakes and just felt weird. I haven't took them since.

Kempy I am sorry to hear about your dad. That must have been very difficult for you. I think our moms are alike she bought candy corn every Halloween. And she is totally addicted to circus peanuts. So was her mom. I don't eat them anymore to much I ate to many was I a kid. I can also know the strict budget thing. My parents divorced when I was six. It really makes me appreicate things in life now. Enjoy the boss being out. Relaxed atmosphere huh?

Holly you are doing great! You are going to reach your goal. I am also sorry about your dad.

Dips congrats on the compliments. That must feel really wonderful. Almost homecoming time!

Have a safe and nice trip Red.

Hi Angie and Noelle!

I was not going to post today kind of feeling down for some reason. But I feel better after I posted. Maybe it was the two skinny cow ice cream sandwiches last night. Oh well I am only human, I will get over it. Julie
Closed Thread