Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:50 AM   #46  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Holly, We just bought a 1994 34 foot Bounder motorhome for camping. It has 2 furnaces, 2 AC's, 2 tvs,DVD player,micro,stove,fridge,queen bedroom and a full bathroom in it so it isnt like camping out in the cold on the ground(I would never do that again. ) We did that for a week once right after graduation and we both said never again. haha.

Yesterday was great for me. I got in both walks and I added up my calories last night and it was at 800 for the day so I had a cupcake from the fridge guilt free. I figured I had better get in my calories one way or another. I have a cute black top hanging up by my fridge to remind me that I would like to wear it to Florida so I can look at it and decide if my snacks are worth it.

It definately is starting to get cold outside now. I have to remember to grab some gloves the next time I go shopping.

Lets all have an awesome day today. I hope we can all get in the groove together. I love it when we can do that.

TTYL
Old 10-06-2003, 09:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone! Working on my payroll to get out this morning.

I am ready to have a great week. This will be my TOM week, so going to just concentrate on getting through it.

Angie what a great way to start your week!! I have a couple of pieces of clothing hanging up to remind me! :-) It helps!!!

Holly sounds like you have made a great start to the week too! Don't worry about the last three weeks, and just focus on today! You can do it!

Dips it's getting so close!!!!! I bet you are so excited!!! Can't wait to "see" you on the states side! Good luck with the transition and the next 10 days!

Ok everyone.. I need to get back to work.. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Have a great Monday!

Cherie
Old 10-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #48  

Hey Guys! I am so sorry I wasn't here sooner. I was taking time off from work to relax.

The banquet was ok. Not as good as Joe and i would have wanted but I think we did so much for it we wanted the place to be packed. I think we ended up making about $8,000 for the organization. That is better than nothing. I didn't get a chance to snap some pics b/c we were running so late Joe would have killed me if I told him to stop and take a few. I iwll be wearing the outfit again though so I will make him take one then.

Dips no need for me to repeat what everyone else has said. You have done the country a service and now it is time for you to get on with your life. We are all thankful for what you have done.

Angie you guys are really getting around in the RV now aren't you. I really would love to have one. I like to see places that you normally can't see when you are flying somewhere.

I am like all of you. I am tired of saying that I iwll start tomorrow and I end up blowing it all over again. I am starting fresh today though. I am feeling a little bit better so I will try to workout this afternoon.

Jackie I didn't see you in any of the past posts. Are you doing alright?

I will chat more later. I do have lots to do at work since I was out 3 days last week.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:09 AM   #49  

Hi Guys! I am back. I was able to catch up on some of the posts, and it seems that everyone is well.
Dips, I am so glad you are finally coming home girl..Don't question it, it's just your time to come home. You have put in a tremendous amount of work, and like Kempy, we are all thankful for it.
Noelle- I hope you are well and things are going well for you in your family life. Do we have any definite news about pregnancy yet?
Cherie- How is the south beach phase 2 going? Are you still progressing fairly steadily?

Things have been kind of boring for me lately. I do find myself getting somewhat depressed over my lack of progress in recent weeks. It seems no matter how perfect my diet is, or how strenuous my exercise, the scale just refuses to budge. I know that is not the only predictor of success, but it really frustrates me. I tend to fall into this poor me thinking, which is not a good place to be. I am working on this though, and maybe need to stop by here more often for support. Also, believe it or not, the new Dr Phil book is very helpful to me at this point in my weight loss. He says things I need to hear, even if I don't want to. Anyway, hope all is well with everyone. I will check in later-

kempy- glad the banquet is over for you. It sounds like it was really a success.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #50  

Goodmorning Everyone

Jackie I hear you on the depressing part of the progress. I lost twelve pounds from the beginning of june to september. But I am totally stuck now. I am just going to find some new things to try to get my body going again. We have to just keep trying and we will see some progress .

Kempy I am glad your banquet went alright. Hope your day is not to hectic at work today.

Holly great job on getting the water and walk in!

Angie I love the idea of the shirt by the fridge. I have a picture of me hanging when I weighed about twenty pounds less. I think I need to photo copy it and put it in all the cupboards!

Cherie have a great day at work. Good luck with the approaching TOM.

I found some low carb bread, so I am excited to give it a try. Its only 35 calories a slice and 5 grams of fiber in two slices.
Check in later! Julie
Old 10-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #51  

Angie,

Lol, that's my way of camping! I can't do the no electric, no heat, etc. either. Good job on the great Sunday, but WHOA, be careful on those low calories! I know you are like me, and have to keep them low, but you could feel weak on only 800.

Kempy,

Hi! How is your day going?

Cherie,

I am sure you will make it through your TOM week, you are doing so well.

Julie,

What is the name brand of the low carb bread?

I have done well so far today . I have walked 6 miles and drank 64 ounces of water. I usually only drink 1 or 2 glasses a day, so I feel like my eyeballs are floating!

Hello to Jackie, Chris, Noelle, redballoon, everyone else.

Holly
Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #52  

Holly its called Healthy Life. It tried and it was good, kinda of smaller pieces than I am use to but I had a turkey sandwich on it with light mayo and mustard. I have also been on the water train with you. Six glasses in already.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:22 PM   #53  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

My period is frigged up!! I have been starting every month about 4 days earlier than the month before!! If this keeps up I will be having my period when we go to Florida. NOT FUN!! I guess that is why last week was so hard for me.PMS.

Holly, I know, that is why I had the cupcake guilt free. I knew I had better eat something else.(It probably should have been something other than a cupcake but oh well. )

I will try to post some pics of the RV when I get a chance. It has a huge tv up front . It is really nice.

I figured I had better hang a skinny looking shirt by the fridge because I need all the motivation I can get right now. I want to be smaller by the time we leave because I know I wont be very ditary while we are gone.

I have to get planning Brit's birthday party. We are going to do it on the 18. YEAH!! I hate planning parties. It is such a chore and then all ya get left with is a messy house.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #54  

Angie,

Hopefully your TOM will change back so you don't have it while in Florida! The skinny shirt is a good idea. A pair of my jeans that I saved (after 1st child jeans), were those that I kept trying on, and, they finally fit last month! Right now I am actually about 13 pounds heavier than I was in high school. I would like to see what I would look like at 125, but, not tiny skinny, more muscle. I have a long way to go for that though!!

Whew, I made it through today. I didn't eat any junk food, walked 6 miles with WATP, and drank 80 ounces of water. One day under my belt. I know I will be ok for the rest of the night, I have learned how to pass on hubby's late night snacks (use to be a problem.)

Holly
Old 10-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #55  

Hey everyone just checking in....

Angie I would love to see some pics of your RV. I wish I had one, it would be like sleeping at home on the road. I don't like that many hotels. Hope that TOM gets back on track for ya. I bet all of your childrens friends wish they had you as a mom come birthday time being a baker. Do you make a really special cake on birthdays for them?

Holly isn't that the hardest thing when the hubby starts munching right if front you! I know first hand.

Kempy how was your day. I miss hearing from ya!!!!

Tonight for dinner I made lemon pepper chicken salads. It was really good. I wanted a tortilla to go with it but I passed. Yay! Alot less carbs by doing so . I also did sixteen minutes on treadmill. Not to much but atleast it was something. Bye for now
Old 10-06-2003, 07:26 PM   #56  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I used to go crazy on the cakes but since I have been trying to eat healthy I have been doing just a plain low fat cake with a low fat glaze with some decorations on them. I actually hand drew Pikachu on a cake one year and colored it in with every color. What a pain in the butt...but it did come out nice. I used to do a halloween cake every year for Brittany but not lately. I would do chocolate fence posts and make a graveyard for her then I would make an ice cream cake like a pumpkin.

If it nice out tomorrow I will take some pics of the RV and post them. I am so excited about our first trip away!!! I am nervouse because we have never done it before but excited still.

I made a lowfat spaghetti for supper. YUM! I could have really pigged out on it but I didnt.

Late night munchies are the worst for me. It is so hard for me not to eat.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #57  

I'm just checking in for the night... about to go to bed... tomorrow is another big payroll day for me..

Angie... you have the best and the worst job. I would love to be able to bake all that fun and tasty stuff, yet I think I would be as big as a barn if I were to have a job like that. You have to be proud that you are so disiplined.

Julie... and everyone.. your dinners sound great! Making me hungry.

Holly, you are doing a great job!!!!! Keep it up, and take it day by day.. and you will have a great week!

Jackie.. keep working, the results will show up!

Kempy.. can't wait to see pictures of you in your dress! Sounds like the banquet went well... I'm sure it was so much fun!!!

Ok.. well, it's time for me to turn in..... My TOM is offically here, and I can feel it in my back.. That is the one good thing about exercise.. it makes the pain go away ..... until you stop.. ugh...

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 10-07-2003, 05:46 AM   #58  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

BRRRRRR... Fall is definately here in Italy. I was so stupid to ship off my coats and sweaters. All I have in the bag which I've been living out of is short sleeves. It heats up during the afternoon though so in about 2 hours i will be fine. I have a lot of walking to do to finish clearing so I'm waiting for the sun.

I went a little crazy last night cleaning my room. It reaked of amonia and all purpose cleaner. I had to leave the door open for a bit. 9 days to go!! I'm getting happier every day

Holly- I am number 2 in the sibling gang. We range from ages 23 to 4 (the 4 year old turns 5 the day after I get home) They tell me all the time how much they miss me and they're so excited about my homecoming, all except the 4 year old. He was only 8 months old when I left so he doesn't really know me all he knows is that when I'm around he doesn't get all the attention so I have a lot of bribing to do.

Kempy- Good to hear from you! I bet you were a hot little number in that dress of yours BTW Thanx for the encouragement. I really need it these days.

Angie- You have a lot of fun to look forward to just like me. Isn't it great!! MMM spaghetti. I've had my share of pasta over the last couple of years.

Cheri- You're definately keeping busy, and now you have TOM to deal with. But you're a trooper, I know you'll continue to kick butt!!

Jackie- Glad you could pop in, i've been wondering about you. good to hear from you.

Well i must continue with my grueling out processing process. TTYL

-Dips-
Old 10-07-2003, 08:50 AM   #59  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! Walking is getting harder to do everyday....it is 35 degrees outside this morning!!! I hate the cold weather. How can the dogs handle walking on the cold tar with their little paw pads? BBBRRR!!!!

I made it through last night with no mishaps. YEAH!!!! I just kept looking at that skimpy top.

Dips, I can just imagine how excited you are!! Your boyfriend must be equally as excited too. I cant imagine growing up in such a big family. It was just me and my sis growing up. My dad was from a family of 9 kids though. Your house must be fun around the holidays.

Cherie, the hardest part about the bakery is that it is in my back yard. If I get a craving at night then I can just walk outside to the kitchen and grab the ingredients to bake with or just grab a snack. That really hurts my diet. But it is so nice to work for myself and not have to travel to work. Our bakery is called Maine-ly Munchies.

Well, I am off to take a shower.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:53 AM   #60  

Default Good Morning!

Dips it was great to hear from you.... 9 days!!! Wow.... it will fly by! And you are right about the TOM... I'm not going to let it detour me... I will keep going, the exercise actually helps.... so it will be gone in a few days... :-)

Ok... I'm here at work... hope everyone is having a great day. I've already done my pilates this morning.... that is making me feel so good in the morning. I feel stretched out and focused!

I will check back in later!

Cherie

Angie.. we were posting at the same time... man, that would be tough!! I love to bake and to cook.. and if I had everything at my finger tips... oh boy!! You deserve a huge pat on the back for your self control!!!!! And I love the name of your store! That is so cute!!!

Ok.. back to work now!
Closed Thread