Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 08:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Good Morning!

Hey Everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!! Lets do something right today and make this a good day! Try to stay OP and try to get some exercise in!! It will make you feel so much better!! Just for TODAY! :-)

I am here at work.... I've done my pilates this morning.. very hard to do them when your 5 yr old wants to do them with you in a space that is barely big enough for one.... anyway.. today I've got to be good. Taking the girls to Chuck E Cheeses after work with one of my girl friends. I plan on having some pizza.. but I will eat a salad first so I won't go crazy when the pizza gets there.

Ok.. everyone check in... hope your Thursday goes well..

Cherie
Old 10-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #17  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! It is foggy and cold here today. I did a 3 mile walk with hubby and the dogs first thing this morning so that is out of the way. I came home and made french toast for Jay, I didnt eat any because I hate french toast.

Kempy, I know what you mean about the cats getting cuddly now. I had fat cow in my lap all night with Rebel on my feet(because he was jealous) And when Fat cow wasnt there then Meatball kept her spot warm.

Julie, The tacos were awesome. I was craving them when I saw the first weightloss show on Dr. Phil and then I had forgot about them. They were too good in fact. I love chicken parmesan too. I usually make my own spaghetti sauce so there isnt any fat in it.

Holly, We must be twins!!! I swear we have the same metabolism. It is the hardest thing to lose weight with a metabolism that runs so slow. I hate having to be hungry all the time to lose any weight. Let alone having to do at least 1 1/2 hours of exercise every day to get anywhere. It just gets old after a while. But hearing that you are in a size 9 junior has to help a little, huh? I need to suck it up and just do it too because if I get to Florida and I am any heavier than I am now I am going to be so mad.

Noelle, Well girl, if you arent preggo this month then I guess you and hubby have your work cut out for you this coming month. haha Your son and neice are adorable!!! I love the green green grass. Everything here is turning now and pretty soon it will be empty trees. I do not like that at all. Everything looks dead afterwards.

Cherie, Corey is better. Thanks for asking. He went back to school today. Now I am waiting for the call that Alicia has it. I have a feeling this winter will be spent at the doctors alot. *grin*

Brit is so proud, her soccer team only lost 2 games this season so they are going to the finals to play. This is her first year on the team and she is so excited.

I had cereal for breakfast. I have the other half of my Subway for lunch and I am making shepards pie for supper so hopefully I can keep my hand out of the fridge this evening. Nighttime is really my only problem time and it is getting harder to get my walk in after supper so I just want to munch because the nights are so long. I have a pimple too and Jay got his big "monthly" headache so I bet I start my period right off too.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #18  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Where is everyone today?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #19  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, just breezing by with a quick hello.

Angie, enlighten me, what's in shepards pie, I've never had one (little ole me out in the middle of the pacific ocean) .

Cherie, thanks for being our cheerleader. I need that kind of enthusiasm to motivate me.

Kempy, have fun at your banquet tonight. Will you be posting pics of yourself all dolled-up? You'd better .

I had a totally OP day yesterday I'm doing a happy dance for me . I'm busy busy busy here at work as well as drawing up a new lease extension for one of our sublessors. My brain hurts! Oh well, no time to dwell on food eh? Well, hello to all, gotta run for now but will be back to chat more later.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:19 PM   #20  

Hey everyone!

Noelle it always helps me keep my mind off food when my brain and hands are busy. Did it cool off by you today? Great job staying OP yesterday.

Kempy I hope you have good time tonight. I have not gotten dressed up and gone out in awhile. Have fun Girl!

Angie I love shepards pie. Another one of those good fall meals. Good and comforting. Angie I know what you mean about the nighttime munching. There are so many good shows on at night now I just want to sit down with a big bowl of buttered popcorn.

Cherie hope you are having a good day at work. Enjoy your pizza tonight!

Hi Holly congrats on the jeans!

Well I think I will make pork for supper tonight, maybe mashed potatoes and a veggie to go along. Gotta go get that started. Bye girls
Old 10-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #21  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, My shepards pie is a layer of mashed potatoe then a layer of hamburger(I put curry powder,garlic and onion salt in mine) then a layer of creamed corn,cheese and another layer of mashed potato on top then sprinkle more cheese on top. Not healthy but oh so good.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:35 PM   #22  
so close, yet so far...

mmmmm.... what time's dinner? If I go according to eastern standard time, dinner should be in about an hour or so, hehe. I looked up a recipe online and it called for leftover beef roast. Sounds so good! I think I'll try that on a Saturday when it's my turn to cook dinner.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:07 PM   #23  

Default Night everyone!

Well, I am about to go to bed, but wanted to pop in and say hi first!!! I took the girls to Chuck e Cheese and had way too much pizza.. three pieces.. But I did workout today, so I know it didn't do too much damage!

Angie.. that does sound good.. better than the shepard's pie I've made in the past... Mashed potatoes are my comfort food.

Julie.. your dinner sounds yummy too.... I am gaining weight just by reading all this!

Noelle.. GREAT JOB on staying OP!!! Its always hardest starting back up!!!!! So here is a for you!

OK... time to get ready for bed.... See everyone tomorrow!!!

Cherie
Old 10-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #24  

Default WAKE UP!

Good Morning everyone!!! TGIF!!

Just wanted to check in... I'm here at work, and it will be a busy day. I have already done my pilates this morning, and I am LOVING it! Great way to start my day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.. I will talk to you all soon!

Kempy.. how was the banquet last night????

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 10-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #25  

Hey where is everybody today? Hope everyone is having a nice Friday.

Kempy tells us about your big night when you get time to post!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:10 PM   #26  
so close, yet so far...

Hey all...I'm here still drowning in paperwork. Can't wait til the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell?) I'm taking the plunge and signing up for WW tomorrow--I felt I really needed to do something since I've been in a stall for months and have been slowly gaining. I received a $20 off postcard so I'm signing up for 10 weeks initially for $79. I know it's only 10 weeks but I want to see how it works for me. I can't afford to get any bigger! Can't knock it til you try it eh?

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend. Wish me luck.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #27  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Luck Noelle. I need to do something as well. I dont think I have the same weightloss effect with walking as I do my elliptical but....I HATE exercising inside!!! Starting on Sunday I am going to try something a little different for a routine and see if I can get the scales going in the right direction myself. I know we can do this because we have dont it before but I cant understand why we fall off and cant get back into it again. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #28  
Finally Fit!

Found you guys. Doing well, after a long day. Chaning my workouts a little. Looking for something different. Might start walk away the pounds, since there's nip in the air nowadays. Also, Tai Bow has it's draw for me.

I need a change of pace, or i'll stop. Eating right though is the key, So if I miss a workout, i'll still be in the game.

Friends around here, my workout buddies, are losing weight, that's a huge gift for me, cause it's hard to get started in the weight loss thing, but once you start, you have that motivation to continue to lose. It's like the first few pounds are killer, then after that, you tend to stick with it, cause now you've got results to show for it. They're losing and feeilng good. Keeping ME in line, thank goodness.

Tired a lot, PMSy, and hoping to stick with it all winter, so next summer i'm georgous and even more toned, instead of trying to catch up,a nd get back into it.

Sorry i'm so sporadic with my visits. I tend to journal, and then run.

Glad you guys are sticking together. Couldn't reach my goal wiht out you all!

Ciao Bellas!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #29  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy sorry to be out of the loop

Hello people. I'm here but just have been too busy to keep up with all these threads and this one is just sooo busy!! Still, just wanted to say I do read you sometimes and WISH I could be in there writing to you all.

Just reading the posts takes up the time I have. I hear talk of some luscious-sounding shepherd's pie! That sounded good except that I'm a vegetarian. I was thinking of some ways to make it with beans and so. Tell me, Angie, do you then put it in a crust and bake it like a pot pie?

And Noelle, maybe expecting? Hope things turn out the way you want them too!

Kempyd, I hope you're feeling better there. Stress. We're just NOT made to be doing all these things in this hectic world, are we? This is why I never have any money. I just know I'll get sick if I do everything I need to pull in the dough (at least in my present position.)

Well, I should be flying off on Wednesday for the Apple and plan to still check in here for some inspiration. It may be easier to feel a part of things because the posts should be coming in when I'm awake. As it is now, they all pile up while I'm asleep and all the TGIFs and so are lost on me because I'm into Saturday by the time I see them.

I've been continuing with the gym, actually doing too much almost. But a few days out bingeing on sugar last week and them two days of partying and lots of beer erased all my efforts from the previous week I think. Now, I've almost gotten those results back. It's unreal the damage you can do in a week. Though it doesn't seem to work the other way!

Well, gotta run. Just wanted to say HEH!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-03-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:23 PM   #30  

The weekend is here!!!!

Red great job going to the gym.

Chris it is great you have friends to support you in your goal for fitness. All the encouragement helps! I hear ya on the goals for next summer. I was not where I wanted to be this year thats for sure, but I have got several months to work on it.

Noelle good luck with WW. I have heard alot of good things about that program. Everyone says its a way of life not a diet. I have to try something new because I am stuck at the weight I am at and it is not moving.

Angie I want to cut down on my carbs not cut them out just eat less. Its seems my body just cannot handle them. I might invest in some low carb bread for sandwiches. It is a little more expensive but worth a try. Because I just cannot live without peanut butter sandwiches. But peanut butter is a good fat so I am not going to stress about that.
I think I fall off the wagon because I will see some loss get excited and work my butt off and not see any results then. It is just so frusterating for me! But you are right we all can do this! I just wish it was as easy as putting on weight. Smiles and Good thoughts for everyone! Julie
Closed Thread