Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #241  

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieh09 View Post
I've been doing low carb and before the holidays I had dropped down to 175 but this time around I'm just sitting between 180-183. I dropped water weight and now nothing. Trying to stay optimistic!!
Hi, Danieh! I can so relate. Made it to the 70's and then immediately bounced back. We can do this!! Rationally, I know the ups-and-downs are part of this, but I also know it's frustrating as it seems the weight comes on so quickly, but goes off so sloooooowly.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #242  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieCatLAX View Post
Good morning, everybody!
Kris - thanks for the welcome! I totally get the thinking of not wanting to move on too quickly to the next decade. I mean, weight fluctuations can happen all of the time. I've noticed that a lot of people on 3FC get really upset when they go up a pound or two for a few days... I think it's that they get into that trap of thinking they are done with a particular number.

Thank you for the welcome too, shymouse!

I need to focus on salads, too, Watercolor
Thanks, Trixie! So true about the trap of numbers. LOL It especially messes with my head when I get to a number I haven't seen in years -- I'm excited about being at a certain number, but yet I *know* I have so much farther to go. I have to keep my head in the game, while also accepting that some set-backs are *normal*. Almost nobody has a straight line down to goal.

How is your weekend going??
Old 02-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymouse View Post
I loss .6 so I am back to 190. I am glad I am back, but I can't wait to be making progress for my goal this month.
I hear you! Let's kick it into gear the next few weeks!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #244  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

My weekend is going pretty well, thanks! I made my husband go with me on a 3 mile urban trek to a vegan restaurant in Venice Beach, yesterday. He was a little grumpy on the way there ("ummm, we're not even vegans and yet we're walking miles to get vegan food"), but once we sat down and had our healthy lunch, he was happy.

I did slip up a bit last night by choosing to have a small glass of rye whiskey, but I'm sure I'll live!

How about you, Kris?
How's everyone else doing?

Congrats, shymouse, in getting to 190! I knew you would do it soon
Old 02-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #245  

I have enjoyed reading the posts on these forums, seem very supportive! Although I am happy to be part of the 180's club, I am even more excited to move on to the 170's club...only 4.4 more pounds to go
Old 02-15-2016, 05:12 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Unfortuntely I am back in the 80s! Weight shot up again over the weekend so I am 182 today. Have to try even harder to get back into the 70s!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #247  

Trixie ~ A trek to Venice Beach sounds wonderful! I'm from MN and it's freezing here right now. Can't wait to be able to get back outside a little bit more.

Emily ~ Welcome to the 80's thread! Some of us are fixtures here. LOL!

Volatis ~ Great to see you again, although was hoping it'd be back in the 70's! GRR! Let's get back there!

I had a relatively peaceful weekend and managed to stay on track. Still at 180. :/ Going to really watch my carbs this week and try and get back on the treadmill.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #248  

Whew, I am having a tough time exercising today. I'm just feeling kind of draggy! I'll have to give it another effort later, when I have time, because I quit early. BOO!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Volatis - Sorry that you're back in the 180s. That's a bummer. I'm sure that you'll be out of here in no time, though!
Emily.rae -
Old 02-16-2016, 11:27 AM   #249  

Hey everyone - miracle of miracles I saw the elusive 7 appear on the scale! 179.7 -- finally! Hoping it sticks! I will be on this thread for a while though-- until I have some more traction there. :P could easily be a one-day fluke.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #250  

Yaaaaaaaassss, Kris! That's AWESOME.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #251  

Thanks so much, Trixie!!! How is it going for you today??

Hope everyone else is doing OK! We can do this, ladies!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 190/183.2/110

Height: 5' 2.5"

That is amazing Kris. Keep up the good work, you will be officially and for good in the 170s before you know it ^_^
Old 02-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #253  

I'm doing great, actually! I was a bit hungry and feeling a bit faint yesterday, but once I had some protein it was all good.
Now that I'm working out regularly, I'm finding that everything that I put in my mouth matters. It's like I'm an athlete again. It's not just that I shouldn't eat sugar and drink alcohol, now. It's that I don't want to! I'd call that a non-scale victory!

I'm with you, Kris - WE CAN DO THIS, LADIES!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #254  

Thanks, Trixie and Shymouse! I appreciate the encouragement! We're in this together.

Trixie, that is definitely a NSV. It's funny you say that because I was just thinking about how when I shift my focus on food to be more about nourishment and health vs. diet/ non-diet, calories, etc. -- it's an easier path to walk. Eat for health and the weight loss will follow.

I've been really trying to get my water in, and it's been helping. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #255  

That is definitely a great way to look at it. I can become hyper-focused on such weird details. Like, I weighed myself last night and it was two pounds heavier than in the morning. I was super disappointed because it was the weigh-in my husband and I do together, and I told him a different number in an email earlier. He didn't care, but I was way ticked.

Anyway, yeah, I want to get down to the 180s and beyond, but not by obsessing over every last calorie and carb gram.
Closed Thread