Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Kris, way to get right back in the game. I did end up taking today off from the gym as well. We got a ton of snow, the roads are a mess, and by the time I got home I knew I was not going out again. Back at it tomorrow.

Didn't make the best choices today. My calories are in check but I did not stay OP. Hoping I don't pay for it on the scale. Still waiting to see some results on the scale. Likely won't be till Sun/Mon am at this point. I want the 170s so dang bad.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #137  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Awesome to those who have bern losing, getting those wooshes. I hope that will be me too.

To those struggling, me too! Im maintaining fine though so it is a victory in itself. Currently holding 183. I dont think I'll lose much more before year's end.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #138  

S/C/G: See Tracker

Jaimie -- if you're not there already today, am sure you will be in 70's by beginning of next week. Sometimes the rest days are more important for weight loss as it gives our bodies a chance to release the water it's been holding! Whatever the scale shows, give yourself credit for the hard work you've been putting in!

NoShoes -- sometimes maintaining is the biggest victory -- especially at this time of year when there are temptations everywhere. I'm still trying to lose through next week, but as long as I don't gain, I'll be satisfied with that. The New Year always brings with it a fresh start and that extra surge of motivation! Just a few weeks away!

Watercolor-- hangin' in there?

Les?

Hope everyone is doing OK! Stay strong, ladies! We can do this!

188 seems to be my mini-plateau. Yuck. Feel like I've been sitting on it for weeks. Stuck with my plan yesterday and will keep at it.
KrisM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:47 PM   #139  

Hey all!

Today sucked. I did not stay OP AGAIN at work, we often get catered by our drug reps and today was one of those days. I failed to eat my protein/veggies and instead had a loaded potato. Again, my calories are in check, but I have not been in ketosis all week. That is the mainstay of my plan, and what works for me, so it is so important and I keep failing. I did make it to the gym, burned just over 500 calories, so atleast I had one victory. The scale was up again this morning- obviously I am holding water/glycogen from falling off the ketosis wagon. I really hope this weekend I can get my @#$% together!

Kris, good for you staying on track. I am def in a plateau area- and I always lose focus when I don't see the scale move. I hate that my mind gets so wrapped up in numbers. I desperately need some results! I am glad you are having better determination than me!

No shoes, this time of year is the hardest. And Kris is right, if you make it through without gaining, that is a success. New Years is a great time to find new motivation and kick things up a notch.

Where are our other gals?! Don't be falling off the wagon ladies, you can do this!! Come baaaccckkkk!!
Old 12-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #140  

Hi, all ~

Jaimie -- let's kick it into gear with the low-carb this week. Almost a full week before Christmas to stay clean. We can do it! Would love to see 185 by then.

I was at 187.6 today, so under 188 again at least!
Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #141  

Kris, I am with you. Did good today, didn't have anything above my allowed carbs (75g). Shake for breakfast, coffee x1, salad for lunch, salad again for snack (lol so not me) and beef roast for supper. Got my water in too. I am on call this weekend, so no gym time for me. But, tomorrow and Sunday I will be home, definitely easier to stay OP. Hoping for 179.9999 monday am. Wish me luck, and sending good vibes your way.

PS- the last time I was serious about "dieting" and on this site, I lost 35 lbs. My go to girl for those 4 months was also named Kris- even spelled the same. Maybe you are my good luck charm! (o;
Old 12-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimie1980 View Post
Kris, I am with you. Did good today, didn't have anything above my allowed carbs (75g). Shake for breakfast, coffee x1, salad for lunch, salad again for snack (lol so not me) and beef roast for supper. Got my water in too. I am on call this weekend, so no gym time for me. But, tomorrow and Sunday I will be home, definitely easier to stay OP. Hoping for 179.9999 monday am. Wish me luck, and sending good vibes your way.

PS- the last time I was serious about "dieting" and on this site, I lost 35 lbs. My go to girl for those 4 months was also named Kris- even spelled the same. Maybe you are my good luck charm! (o;
-- Oh, I hope so!!!

Wtg staying under your carbs -- I have mine set at 70 actually and was wondering if that was too high/low? I keep reading differing things?

Sending lots of good vibes you will see that 7 appear as the second number on your scale SOOOOON! Yeeeeee! Excited for you!

As for me.. another good day logged yesterday and was still under 188 today, so that's good! Next stop186!

How is everyone else doing? Do we need to throw out any tow ropes from the wagon?
Old 12-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #143  

Still with me, ladies? Or, did some of you make it to the 70's thread! Hope so!!!

I finally broke the 188 barrier and made it to 186.7! Mid-180's! Next stop -- low 180's. Those are my mini-mini-goals. LOL

Hopefully, that drop will give me some confidence getting through this week. I'm looking forward to January when the fitness and health tide is in our favor and the temptations aren't around every corner. :P
Old 12-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #144  
Slow and sure chick

Hi guys!

Sorry I've not been here - you guys are so encouraging.
I've been drowning in winter depression.
Fortunately, tonight is the winter solstice, then we start getting back sunlight.
Onward and upward!
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Another mini whoosh today down to 178.8 after floating around 181 for days. If it's not right back up tomorrow, I guess I'm headed for a new thread. I hope everyone is doing really well!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #146  

Hey gals! Hasn't been a good start to the week. Still hovering in the 182s, I am starting to think my 181 was a fluke. Or I am in a serious plateau. Funny how I start exercising and this happens.

Today was our Christmas potluck. Survived with small portions, one plate of food, and small dessert choice. I will obviously be up for a day or two, and Christmas is right around the corner. At this point I think I am just hoping to maintain through years end. I think New Years will be a great time for a reboot!

Les, CONGRATS on jumping threads, I will see you there soon, I promise.

Kris, keep me motivated girl!!

Watercolor, you are right, the days will get brighter soon, along with our goals. The seasons do have such a bearing on our moods, don't they?!

Will check in tomorrow, and hope you all have a great night!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #147  

Hi, everyone!

Watercolor -- ((((hugs)))) Hang in there. Personally, if it were up to me, we'd just wake up and it be spring already. I hate this time of year with the short days and lack of sunlight. I tried getting one of those sunlamp things last year, but for some reason my skin did not take kindly to it. :/ We are on the flip side now at least!

Les -- you go, girl! Blazing the trail for the rest of us. We'll see you over there shortly, hopefully!

Jaimie-- I think you're going to have a whoosh when you least expect it, and you'll be flyin' off to the 70's -- disco music and bell bottoms! LOL! You're gonna get there soon; I just know it. We have to remember -- holidays will be over next week and the New Year will bring with it another surge of motivation and dedication. If nothing else, we maintain through these next few weeks, that's still a victory! Keep fighting the good fight!

Holding steady @ 186.7 -- so I'll take it. If I can maintain that through the New Year, I'll be happy.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello, my name is Sacha and I am fairly new to the board. I live in the UK and my first target is a 25lb loss.

I was hoping to find a 180s thread. I seem to be a bit stuck around 180.
I went up to 184 but got it back down, and yesterday crept below the 180 mark but this morning am back to 180.25.

With Christmas coming I dont know how realistic getting into the 70s and staying there is going to be. But I have one more session at the gym tomorrow morning and will be back from visiting relatives on Monday so only a few days to try and not over indulge!
Volatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #149  

Welcome, Sacha! You have a few kindred spirits with you on this thread -- people hovering around 180. Hopefully the close proximity to the next decade will help you all get through the next few weeks of temptations.. if nothing else hold steady so you see 70's soon after the New Year.

I was at 186.1 this a.m. and hopefully I can hold that and not gain over the weekend. I'll be out-of-town, so it'll be tough. But . . . I vow to not go hog-wild. Even a small gain I can deal with. Just don't want to land back in the 90's.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #150  

Stay strong, friends! Whatever you are doing for the holidays -- our health is the biggest gift we can give to ourselves. I will eat reasonably and not derail all of the work I've done this past month. Weighed in at exactly 185 today -- that was my sign to keep it together! Will be back next week! Only 5 measly lbs. between me and the 70's.