Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #31  

Ian,Congrats on the arrival of the smoked oysters. Enjoy !!

Diana I was first diagnosed 3 or so years ago. I also had a goiter that seemed to not shrink. Finally I found out why. And have removed the cluprit from what I ingest. To treat the hypothyroidism, I chose a rx bio-identical Rx. But now the naturopath is adding somethings to it. Because I know it changed. I contacted the MD who thought it all sounded reasonable. I personally felt that this time around the naturopath would have better information on how to procede. The MD will check it in Oct. It is so hard to regulate that pesky but important gland. Because it does change. Do you work with an endocrinologist? I hope you can get it regulated again. It can make a real difference. I combine regular medicine with alternative. Always approved by my MD, of course.

Today I knew I was going to have popchips and cheese. But other than that I was fine. I had codfish poached in celtic salt water, for lunch and dinner. Well really I cooked a lot of it and just kept eating it. So by the time dinner time came, I only wanted salad. Great salad with greens and cucumber and cooked cold cabbage, vidalia onion and low fat feta with lemon juice. need I say that I had the cocoa powder in various forms and the frozen lemon protein thing?
I will not count the calories because I do not want to depress myself. But if i had to guess I would say , with the cheese and popchips, it was up to 2,100. Tomorrow will be diet day.
I did the homolateral crossovers as well as 10 minutes on the jogging trampoline ( while on the phone).

Last edited by flower123; 08-03-2014 at 01:57 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #32  
maintaining since 9/2013

Thanks for the good wishes & for this thread,Diana!
Yesterday was so-so. I did too much tasting of the walnut pesto I made.
B vanilla why shake
L salad with farm fresh eggs/ tofu/ WF italian vinaigrette dsg; pear
D eggs, pesto, summer squash
S walnuts, egg, choc whey shake

30 minutes stationary bike, 25 ab curls & 20 biceps curls w 6 lbs wts, varioua stretches
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I was hoping not to see the 170's, again, any time soon. This morning I woke to my face and hands being really swollen from angioedema. It's funny, I should have seen this coming and knew for a fact what was going on. This week my lips were really messed up and my weight stayed the same for several days. Also, I hadn't dropped much since my TTOM ended. I suppose it was all brewing.

Calories for yesterday: 1390 +
Weigh In: 170.8
Up: 1.4 pounds

Last night I added on: Green Energy Set 1 from Green Energy of the Heart

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #34  
Trying to live below 200

Flower If you don't mind sharing, what was the culprit that caused the goiter for you? I had a goiter but my problem came from being under replaced with my thyroid meds. If you don't want to share here, please send me a PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #35  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Yesterday was the 1st day in a long time my boyfriend and I had where we could relax together. Was nice.

Down about 5 pounds of water since Friday. I'm hoping a lot more of it is water.

Calories for today will be around 1500

Making stuffed peppers for dinner and have had green beans, lamb and blueberries already. May treat myself to banana bread as I have some bananas to use up.

Walking the dog and doing so hip opener yoga.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #36  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1.6lbs today to 171.2lbs.

I had a busy day sorting through the house. The first target was going through and getting rid of old paperwork.

Breakfast was sardines, medium stickleback and smoked oysters (yeah flower123). Lunch was my usual with smoked sturgeon, mussels, crabcake, squid and smoked oysters (yeah flower123)!

Exercise: Ran 5 miles before breakfast with my running club. Did 1 hour weight training before lunch.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow.

Quote:
Ian How do you make your crab cakes? I made a large salmon patty today and experimented a little. I didn't want to use any breading. I used egg as the binder. I did have to drain off some liquid but over all it was a hit. I also sauteed some onion and red peppers to add to the mixture.
Well, Diana, there are crab cakes I make for me and those I make to eat with other people.

For me, I drop the breadcrumbs and the mayo. They do not bind so I just bake the whole mixture in a tin and, when done, weigh it out in 6 ounce portions, wrap each in foil and squeeze into a patty, allow to cool and freeze.

I make two types. One with just lump crab that I buy fresh (it's cheaper than canned). And one with half lump crab and half canned shrimp. I have got about 20 or so in the freezer at the moment and will continue making 6 or so each week.

My recipe is:

2lbs lump crab
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of parsley
2 tablespoons of Worcester sauce
2 teaspoons of Old Bay spice
2 tablespoons of baking powder

and if making to eat with other people (real crab cakes that bind) I add:

2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of light mayo.

I broil for 6 minutes each side on a low heat.

To reheat from frozen I just defrost and put each crab cake in the microwave for 90 seconds.

It's a delicious way to get my shrimp and crab!

Last edited by IanG; 08-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #37  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Diana3271: Thanks for the welcome!

---

Exercise: C25K again, and then a bike ride. My chain popped off my bike wheel going down a hill, which was super fun. But the rest of it was ok!

Breakfast was Cheerios with half an apple, almond milk, flaxseed meal (yum!), some peanut butter, and orange juice.

Lunch was homemade veggie soup, corn tortillas, beans and one homemade sausage that a friend gave me.

Dinner will be peanut butter banana ice cream that I made (made from bananas and peanut butter and nothing else). I seriously want nothing else tonight.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #38  
Never Give Up!!

S/C/G: 235/226.6/150

Thank you so much for sharing your crab cake recipe!!!! One of my favorite dishes EVER and didn't think to put them in tins!!! Will be trying your version that you use for yourself for me and also the other for my better half : )
fool4fotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #39  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Thanks fool4fotos. It will make 6-7 crab cakes.

Last edited by IanG; 08-03-2014 at 08:00 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #40  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

First thing this morning, the doctor's rooms let me know that August does not have atalantoaxial instability, which means he won't need surgery on his spine! Yay!!!! Great start to a Monday morning. I, however, am fevered and feeling yucky
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #41  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Sydney_2009: That's AWESOME! I'm so glad for you and August!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-03-2014 at 09:49 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #42  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

Thank you! I'm thrilled too! I was so worried he'd need that surgery. He seems to have every other Down-associated problem there is!!
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #43  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

what is a good low impact, high cardio exercise besides swimming and running?

I think that i'm going to have to stop on the running for a while because my ankle has been bothering me off and on for ever since I started running again in February....some days I can hardly put weight on it and some days (most days) it's just fine....but last week I ran and it was aching and then I ran the next day and it's never felt fine since then...even my staff asked me the next day why I was limping...i'm thinking elliptical for awhile? is that a high cardio workout though? i'm used to getting my heartrate into the 180s....also I DO NOT SWIM and am not about to learn
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Mars Good job on your day!

Radiojane Glad you could have a relaxing day.

Ian Thank you for the recipe. We make them similar but use different seasonings.

LiannaKole Good job on your day and for enjoying that dinner in moderation. That would be a tough one for me.

Fool4fotos Hi and welcome to the check-in! I love the signature "never give up".

Sydney Good news about August!

Alaskanlaughter Does riding the bike or using the elliptical at the gym bother your ankle? There are a lot of workout videos that could work, too. But I'm not sure what will cause you a problem and what won't.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories