Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1570 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Fried Rice 400 calories
Beef Teriyaki 400 calories

Exercise:
#10 SDX Lower Body w/12's
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Boxing Premix w/weighted gloves)

This morning I woke up with the upper body feeling better, but the hamstring/glute DOMS were worse. Now to the bad part. I was concerned because the Lower Body workout was scheduled for today. I had more of a sweat going on today than I did on Monday. That lower body workout has always been killer. We will see if I need assistance getting out of bed tomorrow. For some reason, my glutes/hamstrings are not sore right now. (they are probably in shock! ) Anyways, I was trying to compare the intensity of #10 SDX to Insanity. I think #10SDX is a notch easier than Insanity, but not by a lot. It's not like one is beginner and one is advanced. They are very similar in intensity levels. I thought the Circuit Burn Cardio/Boxing were a great compliment to the Lower Body Workout. The cardio portion is very plyo/lower body focused. I am going to try to do this type of pairing of workouts during this rotation. I think a cardio workout that uses weighted gloves pairs well with the upper body workout, etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #77  
Warrior Princess

It literally rained all day so I didn't get out for a jog but I did Jillian instead. I was pouring sweat so much I had to stop at one point to wipe my face because the sweat was running into my eyes and burning.

So far I'm kicking butt this month.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #78  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone,

I hope I am making progress, I am trying to make healthier choices. I still have my old fall backs though like the fattening and sweet stuff that is all empty calories.

Next week I see my doctor about my anemia and fatty liver, and I know I should have lost weight, it's hard when a medicine puts on weight. I'm scared to get on the scale right now but I know I should and need to get back to tracking more, and I keep saying I will.

I'm kind of limited in how much physical activity I can partake in because I don't want to stir up the migraines again.

One day at a time...

Take care everyone...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

The bad news: I had a gain this morning
The good news: I started TTOM. I know now that my gain from the last couple of days has been from pending TTOM (Of course I can't leave out blaming the sodium from dinner last night. ) But, my main point is that my mouth is NOT breaking out and it appears the gain is NOT from Angio Edema.

I think I am still holding on to a few pounds of water weight from the Edema. I have to remember that I had a flare up last week, but it appears that things have been clearing up since then. But, I also think that I gained true weight (fat) over the Spring/Summer since my thyroid meds were off. It's probably a couple/few pounds, too.

I am thinking about getting some unsweetened cranberry juice this weekend. I would like to see if that will help flush some of the water weight. But I don't know how that would react with the Edema. If I have a flare up, I guess it would come right back on. Also, an observation from over the last few years. If I am having a flare up, I cannot lose weight. It takes time for everything to regulate. I guess it's the body's way of "protecting" itself in some way.

Calories for yesterday: 1570 +
Weigh In: 152.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1.6 pounds
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

Seabiscuit Keep trying to make those little changes. They will all come together and start working for you. It's too hard to change everything at one time. Just tweak things as you go along and you find things that work for you. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #81  
Warrior Princess

146.6!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #82  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

TOM right now.
but I've been eating last week non stop... PMS is BAD...
before I have to weigh myself, I've got to get back on the trail.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #83  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Serenity-Thanks for the energy I didn't feel it until this morning.

Diana-I didn't make it to the gym last night, but I was back doing insanity this morning. I def AM getting sick, and that's comforting to know it's not something else. I don't think I actually will get sick though, my immune system is fighting the good fight. I need to fast a little and meditate, I've been putting yucky things in my body and all that can do is make me feel yucky! I'm sorry to hear about your water weight and flare ups and what not, I Wish I had a suggestion for you; the best I can do is send you some positive vibes and <3

Lookin' forward to the weekend, not that I have off from work. What do you guys do to stay active and keep from the weekend munchies?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #84  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! 212.4 today, which is awesome.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #85  

Hello!
Diana sorry about your gain. I guess it is the ups and downs but with this thread we will all maintain or lose in the long run
Novangel, awesome! After reading your posts I started Ripped and still in week 1 because I am doing alternate days
Serenity, miss my long grumbling posts for which I can count you to answer Hope you are doing well
I will be shorter the rest of this month because I am traveling and have 4 different deadlines. UGGGH... just want to go to a beach and stare at the ocean
I will get on this thread any time I have private time with my computer
Take care!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #86  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

mescelestus, weekends can be tough. I usually run errands first thing, so I often skip breakfast which gives me some extra calories for snacking. Not a great plan, but it's been working okay. I think we just have to try to avoid the mind set of equating the weekend with the loosening of restraints.

I weighed in at 130.8 this morning - woot! I just stuffed myself at lunch, though, so I'll be up tomorrow. I can't believe the 120s are in sight!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

First of all I stopped logging last night. I just didn't. I don't know why so my calories are not correct at all. I hate that, but on the other hand crap happens...I won't beat myself up anymore I did for a few hours and now that time is done. Move on. I did yoga yesterday and 25 minutes on the bike, have a renewed spirit, and that's all I can do.

Bethedee I hope your shift went by okay and the banana helped cramps.

Steph I hope you're having a great day too. I am SUPER proud to see you so close to 120s!

Mescelestus have you ever had a veggie sub? I wonder if they are good? I know my former neighbor got them I think at Quizno's all the time, but I have no idea if they tasted good. I like the idea though I don't know if it would satisfy me if I was wanting a meatball one LOL. Take care of yourself, colds suck!

Oh Misti I hope he can help! I hated physical therapy because of the time involved AND the pain (but honestly I got results so that was a small price to pay). They had me going 3 times a week and when I was working, I was self-employed so I didn't get PTO..it was just a PITA but it helped so much I know in the end it was worth it.

LOL Diana about VF. It can be a very bad place. I have way too many DVDs and VHS...but I think no no no I can't part with them. I am selling a lot of Jari Love DVDs, all of them, because while they are good--I don't forsee going back. If you want I'll P.M. you the list or if you're on Yayas you can see it there. The things I don't like is she REALLY is thin and some of her "talk" is BS, i.e., "now you're burning carbs" or things that have not necessarily been proven or disproven yet. Plus the set is DARK which is fine for some, but I just don't LOVE them. I have to say I did get results with them when we moved back from Georgia to Texas I lost 20 pounds with that and dieting within 2-3 months. Obviously it's more from the food, but I liked them okay. WOW I had no idea SDX was NOT much easier. Right now I'm fine with workouts, but wow! I also agree it's the body's way of protecting itself. Flush that out and you'll be golden

NovaAngel you'd laugh at me. I sweat so much I have a sweatband on (like the old 1970s fashion forward tennis ones) that I have to change it between my kettlebell or strength and yoga. It's nasty. And I look like a goober. Now THREE POUNDS TO GOAL! You are rocking it!!!

Amy what about something like deep breathing, pilates, yoga, or Oxycise, BodyFlex or whatever those programs are. I know some people think they are bunk, but *in my experience* deep breathing helps the migraines a lot and if ou add stretches and some strengthening to that..you are going to get there.

Masterptr I think we all can relate to PMS, unfortunately

Shishkeberry! WTG!!!

Thanks Rasagolla. Today I'm feeling meh. I think because DH tossed and turned all night, ended up staying home, I woke the kids up and slept in until about 10:30...so I feel just behind. I *am* going to get my workouts in and I *have* recommitted to 20 pounds by the end of the year PERIOD. I will be a food snob (sort of as I'm not a foodie per se but I tend to say "I don't eat that" to things that I know are not helpful to my weight loss journey or just plain unhealthy). I can do it, but I feel like a meanie sometime saying no. It's for my health and I'm a better person when I'm healthier, but sometimes...groan...you know how that goes.

Everyone you guys are my rock because you know offline talking about diet, weight loss, fitness, etc., people get sick of hearing it. And yesterday I just blew it off and while I got my fitness goals in, I know the rest wasn't great. I also realized I'm only HALFWAY to where I want to be and I don't want to quit. I stopped last time around 156? I can't remember, then my husband had his surgery and I was running him to and from work, my son to and from work (pre driver's license), working full time AND working out and I was just too freaking tired then to worry. Well I don't have "that excuse" now period and I want to look back on these 5-7 years of being obese/overweight as a small portion of my life, not the majority. It would be so easy to say "well mom, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunts on both sides, cousins on all sides, are all obese so it's genetics" which yes it makes it MORE difficult to stay thinner..but intellectually I know that isn't the full story. So, thanks you all!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

This quitting Diet Coke thing is making me experience flu symptoms. I'm still having headaches, no energy, indigestion, watering eyes, etc

I googled quitting DC, and the general consensus is that it takes two weeks to feel good again. I pray that they are all somehow mistaken, because I'm already sick of these "detox" symptoms.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #89  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the faith in me, support and concern. I really appreciate it!

Work today didn't go so great, co-workers can be so 'catty.' Ugh! Oh well, I am lucky to have a job, right?

Finally I talked to my orthopaedist who is treating my neck and back, he says a treatment option is an epidural injection I am freaking out a little here, so many questions, and I need a lot of answers!

I'm really looking forward to making more friends in my area and possibly going to some interesting groups in the area. I can use some support right now!

Tomorrow is weigh in day which I am dreading with a capital D. I just want to bite the bullet though in a way too and stop evading things. My two week trial of etools is up tomorrow and I will be charged for the 3 month fee tomorrow, was debating canceling WW because I am lax in tracking but I really do want to get back to tracking.

Well, I gotta get cleaning up this apartment!

Have a good night and thanks again. BTW, I did check out those programs OxyCise and BodyFlex, gotta think more about 'em but there is a lot to be said for deep breathing! I really do want to try Tai Chi one of these days...

Have a good night

Amy
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Amy FWIW tai chi I think would be PERFECT!

IsabellaOlivia I hope it gets better faster for you too with the diet Coke.

So far on plan and I just finished dinner.
Closed Thread