Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #76  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

K9- HAHA, the last time I lost this 40 pounds I had some surgical help. I had to get my tonsils removed and 2 months later before that was even healed, I had all 4 wisdom teeth out. Maybe I should just stay at the weight I'm at. Everytime I try to lose it I end up with health issues. LOL
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #77  

Maile- I am quite tired today but I've got 3 boys and tons of housework to do so I'm moving...mostly my stomach is very sore. I actually havent been eating anything fatty recently...I replaced two meals a day with salad....ooohhhh I added olives to my salad yesterday..is it even possible that those are the culprit? *pout* I love olives.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #78  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Oh man, Berry, this sounds like advice someone who only deals with kids in 30-60 minute sessions would give. Tires of whining? Does that happen? It sounds exhausting. Good luck to you.
You know... I was listening to the psychologist and while I know what he was saying was sound (I've taken psychology and read all the books too), it was hard taking it from him.

First, he's male. No offense to guys, but being a guy is different than being the mom. Kids (little kids especially) whine to moms MORE. Second, he's young and has no kids yet. So, he has NO FRIGGIN' CLUE how whiny a normal kid can be, let alone a kid on the spectrum.

So, really, I think he should have to come to my house and sit in there with us while putting these strategies to play. It sounds so easy... while it's anything but.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #79  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThickMiddle View Post
Good afternoon ladies!

I'm feeling great today! Glad my visitor Tom is no longer with me maybe I can get back on track. My weight hasn't changed in the past few days. I'd rather stay the same than gain. Still at 184 when I woke up this morning. My hubby talked me into eating a cookie last night! So we did some "extra" activities last night to make up for the extra calories. Hope to get back on the downward spiral this week.

08/01: 184
08/02: 181.5
08/03:
08/04:
08/05:
08/06:
08/07:
08/08:
Oh Happy Day! Back on track! Woke up this morning and lost a few pounds. I was extremely active yesterday. My oldest son started soccer practice last night. And I ate great yesterday, wasn't really even hungry all day, forced myself to eat tuna and crackers. Bottled water all day. Best of all I feel Fabulous!
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #80  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Checking in...I am sooooo tired....Work Nights and my sleep is not caught up.

Today is my day off (yesterday was a sleep) and working again Wed/Thur. Hopefully I will feel better this afternoon.

I actually lost ONE pound! Maybe I need to sleep more!

Linda
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #81  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry it's funny how you mentioned moms are just different. It's so true. DH thinks that bull, but I see it sooo much with my two. DH is the more "responsible" one and a little uptight sometimes so the kids always come to me. He never tells them "no" when they want something and he's never been mean to them, but they still fear his rejection...so weird. And the whining, I only have one ADD child, the other one is just annoying But let me tell you, she will sit in front of me and whine and whine and whine, but she would NEVER do that to her father.

I so get not liking advice from those who don't even have children let alone special needs children. Even worse are those who don't believe there are such things as special needs. I get a few people every now and then saying Bipolar isn't really an illness it's more of mental issues and a weakness. Those are the days I take deep deep breaths.

I have a friend who has a grandson with Autism and when she's on the phone he will whine and cry and bite until she pays attention to him. He used to talk but now he doesn't and she says he communicates with the hitting and biting and that she's the only one who knows what he wants...I can not imagine.

mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #82  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Krystal
The zoo was fun. My son, who refused to take his meds before we left was exhausted (he also caught a cold and didn't complain once) all day. He never complains. All day sneezing, but the energy he has astounds me. Whenever we weren't sure about where we were going he'd run ahead then come back and tell us where we were. He is our odd duck, he is only 15 has already past me by height and is fast moving past his father. He's a bean pole with the largest feet I've ever seen in person. We have no idea where he gets his genes as no one on either side looks like him. So he was our scout.

My daughter was a grump all day which made her dad a grump all day. I usually go along for the ride but yesterday with every step I took I was thinking "there goes a calorie" My leg/hip went out early on but readjusted on its own (yay) but the pain was there, but I never complained. I should have sat more, but I think I'm in mania again because I just wanted to go. When we did sit down by the baboons, the peacocks flocked to us. Now I didn't see a sign that said I couldn't so I did feed them one of the kid's granola bar (not the whole thing and DH complained the whole time). I had two of them eating out of my hand. Got a really good close up pic to of a gorgeous male.

After everyone ate they behaved better but still whiny but son and I bounced around (like antelope...I was the lame one ) and let them catch up here and there. We skipped Madagascar so that we wouldn't happen upon hissing cockroaches. We went to the Monkeys exhibit...guess what I saw in the first pen/cage? A New York cockroach! DD was creeped out the rest of the time.

So all and all it was a good time. The kids and I go on weekend trips sometimes when I get bored and see lots of odd things. I took them to Mass one year just to see Lizzy Borden's house. To make it fun we also went to one of the oldest zoos in America. One of the zookeepers in formed me theres a zoo in Central Park (I'm not a New York fan, but it might be worth a trip) with penguins from the arctic (we have yet to see those).

Last edited by mamakat; 08-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Krystal
The zoo was fun. My son, who refused to take his meds before we left was exhausted (he also caught a cold and didn't complain once) all day. He never complains. All day sneezing, but the energy he has astounds me. Whenever we weren't sure about where we were going he'd run ahead then come back and tell us where we were. He is our odd duck, he is only 15 has already past me by height and is fast moving past his father. He's a bean pole with the largest feet I've ever seen in person. We have no idea where he gets his genes as no one on either side looks like him. So he was our scout.

My daughter was a grump all day which made her dad a grump all day. I usually go along for the ride but yesterday with every step I took I was thinking "there goes a calorie" My leg/hip went out early on but readjusted on its own (yay) but the pain was there, but I never complained. I should have sat more, but I think I'm in mania again because I just wanted to go. When we did sit down by the baboons, the peacocks flocked to us. Now I didn't see a sign that said I couldn't so I did feed them one of the kid's granola bar (not the whole thing and DH complained the whole time). I had two of them eating out of my hand. Got a really good close up pic to of a gorgeous male.

After everyone ate they behaved better but still whiny but son and I bounced around (like antelope...I was the lame one ) and let them catch up here and there. We skipped Madagascar so that we wouldn't happen upon hissing cockroaches. We went to the Monkeys exhibit...guess what I saw in the first pen/cage? A New York cockroach! DD was creeped out the rest of the time.

So all and all it was a good time. The kids and I go on weekend trips sometimes when I get bored and see lots of odd things. I took them to Mass one year just to see Lizzy Borden's house. To make it fun we also went to one of the oldest zoos in America. One of the zookeepers in formed me theres a zoo in Central Park (I'm not a New York fan, but it might be worth a trip) with penguins from the arctic (we have yet to see those).
I love the Bronx Zoo. When I was a kid, I went to a summer camp there, one week from ages 9-12, I think. They would take us behind the scenes, let us see feedings, cool stuff like that. And on the last night we would sleep over in the recreation building, and go out at night on a flashlight safari and count how many eyes we could get to reflect back at us.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick update. I have lost 15 pounds overnight. What a roller coaster ride again!

I went from 220 to 245 in four days and am now back to 230 in one day!

All I can do is hang on tight and try not to get thrown off of the ride!!

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #85  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Just a quick check in. We're taking my 3 year old back to the doctors this afternoon. He's broken out in a rash, so they're not sure if it's a reaction from the antibiotics or if he has scarlet fever. It's been a very long weekend. I'll check back in later.

ETA: He's allergic to penicillin!

Last edited by shellsbrood; 08-02-2011 at 02:54 PM.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #86  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! trying to eat very very good before my weigh in on friday...kids are here today...nothing else going on...enjoying my last week off work

the board member position thing looks to be alot of work but i'd be crazy to turn it down....so i guess my year just got busier...make that two years...apparently it's a two-year commitment *sigh*
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 220.2/211.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon everyone. Sounds like a busy day. I empathize with the kid whining. At 7 and 11, mine are technically in the golden years "between the diapers and the acne", although the 7 yo loves to scream her piercing scream, and the 11 yo is getting a bit of moody practice in.
I was please to drop another pound. I understand much of this is the rush of water/food loss that comes with starting a low-carb diet, but it still feels good, and helps with the motivation. I hope I will have little problem reaching my goal for the month. Of course, I am moving the house this month, so plenty of opportunities for stress eating/lack of control. However, I'm tying to get into the low carb zone, and make these changes more of a habit, before the worst of the move hits.
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #88  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Larry I'm glad to hear that most of that weight is gone already

I'm down to 257.4 today! Woohoo!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #89  

So I did about 20 minutes of the p90x cardio video and I am ready for a nap something awful. I dont know if it's just because I am tired from last nights GB attack or if it was really that intense. I wonder if I can get the 2 year old to sleep...0
Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #90  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Larry: Glad you're getting checkups about the edema--my boyfriend had such severe edema that he wound up in the hospital and lost 100lbs in a week! It was heart failure due to a pneumonia virus he'd had as a teen, but he had gone undiagnosed for years. He had to get a whole new wardrobe the next week. He was eventually placed on meds and we watch carefully for symptoms, but long car drives are definitely something that can trigger the leg pitting for him. If your body took care of it without medication, that's probably a good sign, but I'm glad you're getting checked out!

Berry: Hang in there! I have a couple friends who have kids on the spectrum, and they feel the same way about psychiatrists and authors who recommend plans like they're just easy! If it is possible, maybe you can have a you day away from the little ones? Go to a bookstore, order a low cal iced coffee, read and relax? My friend who parents an autistic genius with severe meltdowns used to swear that her sanity was saved by such small breaks. Hang in there. Kids can be so frustrating, and their behaviors are hard to alter! :hugs:

Alaskan: You look SO AMAZING! Congratulations, you really inspired me here today!

As for me, I am having the pre-TOM HUNGER MONSTER. I found myself with my face in a couscous container last night stuffing my face--probably at least 300 calories over what I should have eaten. My hunger during this time of month is utterly overwhelming. Strangely, it tames itself once TOM arrives, but the few days before? Whoosh. I prowl the kitchen with my stomach growling, glaring at the shelves. Opening the fridge, closing it again, growling, stalking out. Yelling at my boyfriend to "HIDE ALL THE FOOD! ALL OF IT!"
...and ususally, eventually, giving in. It's not compulsive as far as I can tell. I try to listen to my body and make sure that if I overeat its cause I really need to, not just cause I'm bored or it is a habitual time for eating.

Anyhow, despite (or perhaps because of?) my OMNOMNOM last night, I weighed myself out of curiosity. 281. WHAAAAAAT?! SIX POUNDS DOWN IN TWO DAYS? That's got to be water. Or if I lived in Mass, I would say it's "Gottah be wattah." hee.

Oyvey. Good thing I'm going to see my doctor on the 10th. My body doesn't know WHAT the heck it's doing!

Last edited by Mojojuju; 08-02-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: 'cause I can't do maths apparently
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote