UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #46  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Gah. The snooze button won the battle and I didn't run. I'm just so used to lying in on a Friday I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. Still, I'll make up for it tomorrow with my long run, honest I've finally got my Camelbak so I'm going to head out there and run and run and run. Hopefully!

Out for lunch with a friend today. My eating has been all over the place all week and I think I'm just going to not stress about it and get back on track for the weekend. I haven't even written myself a shopping list yet, so I'll probably live off cupboard stuff for another day and then get myself to the supermarket tomorrow evening. I hate shopping on a Saturday, but I guess it will just have to be done if I want to eat anything fresh at any point in the future.

Rugby tonight too.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm feeling slightly buggy! BLAH! I have a nice wheezy chest. Boys were behaving badly last night - sparring and I ended up being paired up with the other (v pretty and young) girl. ALL. THE. TIME. So then I yelled at them! Ha!

Been invited to a BBQ on Saturday night, hopefully will go, it depends on when I can get my kickboxing class and grading and things fitted in. Need to speak to the boss man and see what's happening. I might even go and sort out wedding flowers tomorrow if I have time and can be bothered!

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:51 AM   #48  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm ALIVE! My tummy is (almost) back to normal - and I'm starving!

DH's pressie turned out to be some more flowers - I love flowers but combined with the 'sorry' flowers from next door - its starting to look like a funeral parlour here.

The mini chavettes from next door (plus my dogs' leads) finally made it home at about 6pm - the kids were absolutely FILTHY - exactly as kids should be - but their Mum had a screaming fit at them for spoiling their outfits. That is the problem with dressing kids in designer stuff... especially WHITE designer stuff.... ... and the smallest Chavette had ripped her new designer jeans and lost her Burberry sunvisor thingy. Personally I couldn't tell the difference between the new rip and the designer rips on the jeans, but her mum could. I also let the cat out of the bag by attempting to pay the kids in front of their mum - I thought she knew they did it to raise some extra pocket money - she was furious (with them).

Frus - phew indeed - bet you don't do that again! Oh yes, that last Dr Who was SO sad. I've been hearing stuff about the Dr Who Chrimbo special - apparently some poor American woman who was in Cardiff en route back from the Lebanon was staying in a hotel located right by where they were filming some kind of a war/battle scene in the middle of the night - she was scared witless because she thought it was real and she thought the cameras were a news team.

I knew it - I blummin KNEW it!!!! Just as soon as I could keep water in me that 5lb loss reduced to a 3lb loss. I'm not complaining though - although I don't think its the most comfortable way to lose weight!

Hi Geekykat - nice to meet you! What kind of diet are you doing?

Helen - I've got a snooze button like that - it gives me a battle every single morning.

Kylie - Are those Dorset Farm mueslis the organic ones in the nice boxes which are VERY expensive? If so then I have been thinking about trying them - nice idea to have it with yoghurt.

Right.... time to be brave and think about eating something. I had some dry toast and a cup of Bovril last night, I sent DH out to get the Bovril especially - I had such a craving for it. This morning I've had another cup of Bovril and more dry toast - and now I'm starving. I also need to take the dogs out because Mrs C has grounded the kids after yesterday's adventure but I can't do that until I've got some more energy in me.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:14 AM   #49  
aka Superwoman!

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Belt test is ON for tomorrow and he's just put the fear of god into me telling me what I need to "remember"! IE what I'm doing wrong!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:34 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Glad to hear that you're feeling better Sarah

I am shattered this morning. I just can't seem to stop myself watching TV until very late at night. I ended up watching a Richard Gear film last night until 1am! I wasn't even particularly gripped. I don't know what is wrong with me. I need to get this sorted as I need some sleep!

Frus - for tomorrow. Go kick some a$$ Hope your chest is ok for then

GeekyKat - love your avatar - I'm a closet firefly fan as well. I never feel like I have anything interesting to say either - but that doesn't stop me! Seriously though, somedays all I do is read and respond to other people's comments because nothing much changes in my day-to-day life. You are not alone on that one. Good luck with the diet.

Helen - that snooze button gets me as well. My sister tells me I should get up when the alarm first goes off, but I don't feel like I can move in the mornings, let alone get out of bed! When she walks around all happy and hyper in the mornings I just want to put a bag over her head! Soooo not a morning person.
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #51  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
My order came from Sainsbury's tonight, I was impressed. Zero substitutions, everything was there, delivery man was 40 minutes early. I'll do that again!
Glad it worked out well - did you find it worked out cheaper? It gets a lot quicker as you build up a big usuals list. Takes me about 10 minutes now.

Pachy - OMG - I can't remember the last time I went to bed at 1am. I'm usually in bed at 9.30 or 10.30 - depending on what the next day is.

Frus - YOU CAN DO IT - just focus and DON'T PANIC!

I've eaten a boiled egg and soldiers but now I've decided its not such a great idea to try walking the dogs - my legs feel like Bambi's when he was on the ice.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #52  

I'm not sure if it was cheaper, because I rarely do a big shop, as we don't have a car. I thin it will be cheaper than my normal routine, it was certainly nice and easy, and I found it quick, took less time than the public transport there and back from my nearest supermarket.

The Dorset mueslis are in pretty boxes, but aren't organic. i thought they were, but they're not - which doesn't matter to me. They look expensive £2.64 a box. But considering I get at least 12 servings a box, I'm happy with that. I use a half cup measure.

Frus, your kickboxing boys need a kick on the old man rivers! Hi ya! (miss Piggy style voice inserted here)

I had a great workout today, and a gym instructor came and asked me if I would like a new programme!!! I can't believe it, you normally have to nag!!! It must have been the skin tight, low cut, hot pink vest top I was wearing!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #53  
aka Superwoman!

Hi-YA! *whack*

We've been out to Reading to see a little girl who has underdeveloped heart and lungs and needs to be on a ventilator 24/7. She's lived in hospital all her life. She's 3. Heartbreaking, but she is the cutest little thing! I get to design a trolley for her - it's a lovely job and I want to do it, but I have other things to do first, I suppose that's motivation to do the boring ones first!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #54  

Awwwwwwww bless her. It's really sad to see little kids like that. I used to work with kids with serious illnesses and diabilities, I wanted to take them all home!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #55  
Consistency + Balance

Poor little thing - horrible that a child (or anyone else) should have to suffer that way.

What kind of a trolley, Frus?

I've been asleep most of the afternoon - I thought I felt better, but obviously not.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #56  

wah I've had incredibly bad period cramps all day i couldn't even get out of bed til nearly midday they were that bad I was doubled over. Had to stay in even though I had two invitations out tonight for a change ended up doing the ironing what an exciting friday night
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #57  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Right, I AM going to run today. I'm playing with my routine though, and I've decided with it being a bit cooler I'll eat before my long run (because I don't need to do it as early to avoid the heat) so hopefully I have more energy, plus I'll try the Camelbak.

I had a good day yesterday, I met up with a friend for lunch and had a very sensible salad, and stuck to my planned eating all day pretty much. Plus I won a signed ball and a bottle of gin at the rugby (and we won the game ).

I suppose I'd better get washing the camelbak and making up my lucozade to make sure I do get out this side of lunchtime!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:22 AM   #58  
Consistency + Balance

I feel lots better today - my weigh in helped - see my celebration thread!!!

It took me a minute or two to realise that I had finally managed to reach one of my major targets - I have waited so long for this that I had almost forgotten.

This means that I get to have the pressie that DH has got wrapped up and is keeping in his sock drawer!!!! Its small (could be jewellery???) and it rattles (could be bracelet? necklace??) I do hope it wasn't anything breakable!!!!

Actually I just noticed - I've also hit the next target down as well which was to be a size 16 - I just did them in the wrong order

Mr Chav left again at 2.15 this morning - no noisy fights this time - just a door slam followed by a lot of screeching of tyres as he drove off.

Right! Back to exercising properly again. That tummy bug knocked me for six and I haven't done any exercise except for two short and gentle dog walks since last Monday so I'm going to give the dogs a shock by doing a 2 hour walk/run/scramble then, if I still feel strong, I'll do an Arms & Back weights workout.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #59  
aka Superwoman!

Glad you're feeling better - what's the pressie???

I'm not grading today - Lee is rennovating his bathroom and can't make it Hopefully I'll be able to do it on Monday or maybe Tuesday.

I was going to go for a run... Well I'm TIRED and it's hot I PROMISE I'll drag DF out tomorrow! He won't like that!!!! We'll go to Regent's Park and play on the adult climbing frames!

I'm going to go into London and buy some stuff for work. I'm going to buy toys for Glynnis the girl on the ventilator so I can put them on the trolley. Also I heard on the radio that they're bringing in new tube trains across Westminster bridge, so I'm going to go down and have a nosey

Oh and I need to buy some bridesmaids presents from Tiffany's.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #60  

Well that sounds an exciting Saturday. So far I have cleaned the kitchen, hoovered the living room (which has become my job now that dh has determined I am better at it than him) and have cooked breakfast. Ah domestic bliss!

And our toaster died this morning...........RIP little toaster, so I'm off to buy a new one.