Old 10-20-2006, 01:49 AM   #91  

Need prayer request:
My mom was admitted to hospital this evening. She has Strep...Penumonia. And a infection has set in her wrist. Please keep her in your prayers.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #92  

Just a quick update.

Mom is still in hospital, expected to be there several days. Having to give her antibotics by IV. Keep her in your prayers.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #93  

Sending prayers your way. Stay strong and I hope your mom comes home soon.
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Evening All,

Well I did it, I went to WW last Thursday and weighed in and even stayed for the meeting. There was a lady that had lost 97 lbs. She has a ways to go but what frightened her most about her weight was the fact that she has MS and at any time could just fall and the thought of perhaps four people or more to help her kept her on the straight and narrow. The man next to me had lost 26 lbs. but I am not quite sure the length of time. The lady who lost all that weight share a website with us--www.kernelseasons.com. This is a site that sells popcorn seasonings. Of course, I had to order some. I will let you know if it worthwhile. There is even a chocolate marshmallow one.

Yes, I am still going to Chair Yoga and still bowling at least 4 times a week. My legs to feel a lot better since I am not taking Gene to appointments and now they are going to have a nurse come to the house once a month to change out the catheter which is a tube in his bladder.

The weather here is "wonderful" again and I am going to start working out in my garage!

Wishing everyone a great week!

Anita

p.s. 1-Day -- My prayers are with your mom and I hope she gets better quickly!
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #95  

Hello Ladies -

Mom's doing much better, in fact their thinking of releasing her tomorrow, problem is she'll have to get the IV at home. Insurance won't pay for nurse to come by and not sure if her or Dad will be able to do it.

Nita - WTG for taking that first step and rejoining WW. Wow having someone lose 97 lbs in that meeting is very inspiring. I'm glad to hear your legs aren't hurting your any more.

Need to run, going to get up tomorrow morning and workout at gym. Treadmill and epliptical bike.

Thanks for all your prayers.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #96  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--glad about your legs & feeling better. Maybe the yoga helps with your legs, too? When I first started, my teacher had me do some chair leg exercises, but I don't know what you're doing.

1day--gosh, I don't think your mom or dad should be doing an IV. Too many things can go wrong. Maybe you can fight the insurance--convince them it's cheaper than her staying the in the hospital. Or your local Visiting Nurse may have some kind of sliding scale for services.

I got some information on the Christian weight loss program--gosh, it's $200 for the leader, and $100 for the participants. I know that's not really a lot compared to secular programs, but I can't imagine people spending that much at church.

NIght, all.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #97  

Hello Ladies -

Cat - That does seem like alot for a church sponsor. I will check into the visiting nurse, thanks .

Mom is doing better, got home today. She'll have to go up to hospital as outpatient and they'll giver her the IV.
I got a little discouraged this morning when I weighed in, only lost .5 of a pound for the month. My official weigh-in is monday. I weigh and get measured. I feel like I've lost inches, we'll see.

Hal, Mooz, Nita, Shad, & Thin - hope to hear from you all.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #98  
Give peace a chance.

Default Kickin' us up to the top

Hope you're all having a good day!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #99  

Default RE: Sweets to the sweet...

Good Saturday afternoon Movers and Losers!

I know it has been some time since my last post, time seems to get away. The good part, is there is nothing bad to report, no reason for the absence other than busy, busy, busy. The WW plan is good. This last month I've played basketball with 2 pounds, up and down, up and down. Last Saturday I promised myself I would move this body more, and lose as much as possible to break the cycle. I did. I lost 3.3 this week!!! Oh yeah. I've lost about 12pounds in 10 weeks. Honestly, for me, as you know, this is very good. I am on the right path, and now to stay on it. I love all of the foods and choices of foods I have - I just have to make sure I get all my fruits and veggies in. That seems to be key for me. I just went to update my avitar, and it is where it should be. Oh well, I am feeling success, and that is what is most important - the control factor.

I treated myself to a new featherbed and plan to put it on the bed this weekend. I am taking an old featherbed off of my bed and putting it on my guest bed. Cool for the holidays for friends and relatives that come in from out of town. Anyone else have one of these wonderful things? Add some high thread count sheets and a down comforter (don't have one of those yet) and it would have to be next to heaven. I could easily become a bedroom set snob. There are so many pretty bedroom sheet/quilt sets with accessories. Oh well...

CAT: You know I was going over the financial part of WW now, reminding myself not to go there because it is such an important part of my life. But, it is expensive. I'm on a monthly pass plan now that is $39.95 a month and includes ETools. It automatically comes out of your bank account monthly so there are no decisions to make each month - and this is good. For the Christian weight loss program, if you really take a close look at inflation across the board from long term high energy costs - I bet it is not as high as it appears. Thanks for keeping me exercise motivated. I have been walking every chance I can and I know this works. I bought Rocky a harness, but have yet to put it on him. I know if I start giving him a good walk each day he and I will each benefit. Now.. to do it. LOL

OneDay: How is your Mother doing? I hope she is getting stonger each day. Way to go on your exercise!!!!! Keep it up, because every inch or your body (and I believe soul) are loving it. I know it can be overwhelming to have close family members not feeling well. Don't forget to take really good care of yourself during these stressful time.

MOOZ: Hey girl, yes there is sadness all around us. I just found out my neighbor two doors down is losing her battle with cancer. She is in her 30's and is such a neat person. She found a bump on her leg, it turned out to be a tumor on her leg bone which was operated on to be removed. They found it had mastastized and spread across her body. So sad. Her car use to be gone for work before I took off down our road at 7A. Now it is dark and quiet as her car sits there. Her husband is wonderful, and she has a brother that comes in and goes from Virginia to stay with her. I consciously have to remind myself of the good things/happy times to keep from falling into a sad mood - it takes work after you have experienced grief as we both have. Hang in there good friend, you remain in my thougths and prayers!

Nita: I am happy to have a WW sister! Do you by chance have the ETools option? If not WW has a really nice website with many of the things found on ETools. Our leader is the best. I drive 45 minutes to Lexington, because she is worth it. Way to go on keeping up your Yoga and keeping moving. I am happy things have straighten out for care plans for Gene. Sending all good thoughts and wishes your way too!!!

Shad: You are home now? How are you doing? Better yet, how are the adventures of kitty and Shad? LOL. I guess you have heard Keith Urban has now entered a rehab facility. I wonder if the marriage to Nichole will survive this? Life is tuff. I hope you are enjoyed your very much deserved time off.

THIN: Hey girl, so good to hear from you again. So, when will you be back iin Arizona, and what kind of digs will you have this year? It feels like Winter here now. Lets hear from you girl.

Well, I wish each of you a successful OP week. I'll do my very best to post more routinely. And, to lose weight more consistently!! Oh yeah. Holidays?

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #100  

Hello Ladies -

Hal - WTG on your 3.3 lb loss this week . I know what you mean by getting the fruits and veggies in. I'm having a hard time with that. You know after the holidays this year they had the featherbeds on sale, I thought about getting one and when I went back they where gone. Now i'm talking a 75% sale. They also had the down comforters on sale too. I might look into them again after the holiday season.

Had a pretty lazy weekend. After church today went had some pasta, boy that really got me lazy. Didn't do much around the house except for laundry.

Hope to hear from you all this week.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #101  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--

WTG on the weight loss. Even if it doesn't seem too dramatic, it's progress.

You're right about the weight loss. I'll try to see if can find who was interested before.

At least I got caught up entering my checks onto my computer. I need to get my calendar done.

Before bed.

Night, all.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #102  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Aaaah missing in action again. Sorry ladies.

1Day - glad to hear your Mum is coming along okay. Hope that it is not too long before she can get shot of the iv. What's life coming to when a hospital sends home patients who should still be in care. It's not fair on the families to have to put in catheters, change dressings, or have to lift loved ones to clean or change them.

Hal and Nita - glad to hear that WW is going well for you. It is a good program and it does work.

Today has been another busy day. I've been painting again. Final coats going on the hall tomorrow and once that is done, I'm done until after the visitors leave. In case I haven't told you (I know I haven't been around in a while) I am organising a family reunion and a 50th birthday for my DB2. My sister is coming across from New Zealand and will arrive tomorrow. She's bringing her son and daughter and their partners as well. There should be about 30 of us at the do on Saturday night. About half will be family members or partners, wives, etc.

I've taken the Weber around to DS2's and played a game of bubbles and golf with the 2 year old hyperactive feral child. He calls me Simon's Mum. I guess no one has yet got around to telling him what to call me. I guess I will just have to do it myself.
The rellies arrive tomorrow. We will go in and get them and distribute them around the place as required. Then it will be go go to get the individuals to the requested places to do their tours, sightseeing, theme parks etc. There will be a trip down to the Gold Coast on Wednesday to get the nephew and wife sorted for the night. Hopefully the niece and partner will also go - they have a 7.15am tour on the Thursday morning. If I have to take them it will be a 5.30 rise and 6.00pm departure. Yum, yum just what one wants on holiday. Thursday I have to go to the dentist in the afternoon, so they may have to take a train back to a more central location and get picked up from there. Friday, some more people fly in but my DB1 is going to fetch them. Hallelujah.
I'd better ring DB2 and see what is going on in his neck of the woods as well.

And that's about it. I'm stuffed. I'm going to an early bed. See ya.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #103  

Hello Ladies -

What a week! Very busy at work and to top it off I had a sinsus infection and didn't even know I had one. Friday night started running fever and went to the doc on saturday. She sent me home with 4 prescriptions. I think I have been overdoing it at work. NO more of that. I will have to take a few days off from exercise, and I told myself as soon as I"m up to it i'm back at it.

Shad - Sounds like your having a very busy weekend. Hope everything goes as plan.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #104  

Exclamation

Hello Chicksters~~
Just a quick check in to let you know what is up with me. Someone asked about my digs in AZ...it is a park model trailer. They are only 8 X 40 but this one has a slide all the way down the side so all the rooms are about 2foot bigger. The last one we were in only had the slide in LR and BR. We are still in the same older park, has a pool and hot tub but that is about it. Hey, it works for us. Cheap is the way we have to live.

Glad to hear of all the losses on WW. It is a great program no doubt on that.
I plan to start walking when i get to AZ and hopefully DH will do the same so we can get each other going if one doesn't feel like it. He sees his doc today so i'm sure he will get motivated after that. He hasn't gained all the weight like i have, but I know he does want to get back into our walks and get healthier that way. We pretty much still eat healthy, but we always do better in AZ, cause you can buy all that fruit and produce VERY REASONABLY~~love those farmers markets. I don't know when the last time i ate fresh fruit. We just don't get much of that up here that is worth paying the high prices for. Apples would be about it, and they are not cheap anymore. Tomatoes sure have been pricey here....but i did get grape tomats for about 1.50 per pint. I love those things. We aren't lacking in our veggies. I just made a wonderful stir fry with fresh mushrooms, zuke, broccoli, pepper (only green tho! Red is too costly) and bean sprouts.

Well, This site is very hard to navigater with dial up, but hopefully it won't be that way when we get the DSL set up in our trailer in AZ. Talk more later,
stay strong
thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #105  

Hello Ladies -

We'll I thought I was on my way to feeling better but I was wrong. The antibotics the doc gave me were way to strong for my stomach, which cause major stomach problems. Went to my regular doctor and he took me off all the meds the first doc put me on. Stomach is finally feeling better.

Thin - Good to hear from you. If you were here in Texas you'd never even think it was November. High was mid 70's. The fruits and veggies are pretty reasonable here. Just wished I eat more of them. So when do you all head out to AZ?

OOps forgot to mention, as October's weigh-in I gained 1 lb, BUT lost 2.5 inches.