Old 12-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #121  
Mommy9802

Smile Good Morning Ladies!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! Everyone ready for 2006? Where does time go, this year too me has gone by so fast, what about everyone else? Does anyone have any New Years goals? Mine is to loose 5-10pounds a month to reach my goal by June of 06! Gosh, i really hope i can do it.....Girls kick me in the butt when i feel like giving up or i cheat too much. We all gotta have a cheat every once in awhile....maybe i will allow myself one or two a month...keep it real, you know? Anyone doing anything for New Years? I am not, i like Chris is staying in for the night, maybe rent some movies.....i don't want to be out on the road with the drunk drivers that i AM SURE will be out there. Here in TN they have a new law that takes place tonight at 12:00pm that if you get caught drinking and driving instead of spending two nights in jail you spend one night in jail and then you have to do 3 8hours of trash clean up while wearing an orange jacket or shirt that says i am a drunk driver. I think that is FUNNY!! Anyways.....

Julie: You are doing such an awesome job with the C25K! I am so proud of you, and admire you....send me some of your strength.....I wish i could make it through week 1, something always comes up. But i really want to make a change this year, cause i really enjoy doing it, and i feel so great afterwards.

Chris: I guess i would say i binge eat. But i think more than binge eat i am a BIG emotional eater. What about you?

Hi Amanda, Cara, Cynthia,Tea, Cat everyone! How are you guys doing?

Well ladies i am going to jump off here gotta go make breakfast for the kiddies....Have a great day everyone, and for those who are going out, PLEASE, PLEASE be SAFE!!

Happy New Years EVERYONE!! Talk to you all in 2006!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #122  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Alisha-I am with you! I want to be at goal by June too. I've gotta get moving and quit snitching food all day long. I just need to focus on this more than what I have been.

Cat-My hubby is like that too. He has a tendency to think I don't do much all day long, but kids really do keep you busy.

Julie-You are doing great with your Couch/5K! I wish I had the drive to do something like that.

My sister has joined a local health club and asked if I would join too. I would love to but just not sure if I want all those skinny people watching my flabby butt and body shaking around. I am soooo worried about what people think of me. I guess since I'm not "fond" of my body, that I don't want any attention drawn to me.

Hi all you other gals. The kids are starting their fighting. What a normal morning! Ahh...the first tattle tell session of the day. I suppose I should go mediate and then get some junk done for the day. Check back later this afternoon.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Cat - It is such an adjustment. My DH works nights but always helps out. I learned very fast that #1. I simply can't do it all. #2 Since we are in this together, let's help eachother. Dh watches kids in am so I can do whatever. Then he sleeps. When he gets up in the afternoon, he plays w/ the kids while I get dinner ready. We take turns doing dishes. I usually do the bulk of the laundry, but when I get behind, he helps us get caught up. Anyway, we do what works b/c the key is not to start resenting eachother. Talk. It will become easier as the days go on. Being a SAHM is very hard work. In all aspects. Good luck!!

Alisha - howdy there! Still home w/ pneumonia. I will be out of commision until next weekend. DH took off from work to take care of our children and he is having a time! So amusing. I do believe he finally gets the big picture!! He was up last night w/ the kids. They took turns waking up & crying.lol They were ok, just having one of those nights. Well this am when I finally woke up he said he needed to take a nap!!! Ha - I never get one after those kind of nights! He's a lightweight! Just kidding - it's cute and I am secretly happy that I am missed & needed!!! Hope you are doing better. Can't wait to kick next year's butt as far as losing all of this weight!!! It's our year, girl!!!!!!!

Cindy. Mode, Julie, chris , Amanda, Tea & everyone hello hope you are well. I gotta go take meds & rest HA!!! First time off I've had in 3 years!!!! Just wish I wasn't sick!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #124  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Yes, the year has gone by way too fast. I look at my daughter and think about what she looked like at the beginning of the year and now she is so big. Why can't they stay babies forever???

I'm staying in tonight. Well, I'm going out during the day. I want to go to Target and pick up some toys for Mikayla. My mom gave me some money to go out and get her some things. I know she will be so excited when she realizes why we are there. Then we are in for the night. My brother lives with me so we will be buying a bottle of something or other, ordering some food, throwing on some music and bringing in the New Year with a little style. We'll probably end up watching some movies too. If we are going to Target, he'll probably end up buying some movies. He is so addicted to buying movies. lol

Anyway, everyone be safe out there tonight. Have fun and celebrate all that you have accomplished this year. Love to you all...
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies. My little Haleigh has been sick for the last few days, so that is why I've been offline. Poor thing has been coughing really bad and running a fever. Though she seems to be feeling better today

I weighed this morning at 206.0 So I end the year 12lbs less than I started it I have 61 pounds to reach my Goal of 145. I'm psyched and ready to get back on track. The kids being home has really thrown me off, lol. But I'm going grocery shopping monday and I am going to get some healthier foods in the house... We ALL need to eat better, I talked DH into weighing yesterday and he is up to 270!!! I couldnt believe it, and with his knee problems, he really needs to shape up. I am hoping that when he sees how well i am doing he will just kind of start following along w/o realizing it, lol. Plus I am going to make our meals w/ leaner meats and more veggies. We will all benefit from that.

Anywho, DH wants to play his video games again so i gotta go. I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow:

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #126  
Focus on the Process

Amanda, Sounds like your little one has the same thing mine did. Kayla started out sick on Christmas morning and ran a fever through Thursday. She's better now but still has the cough. It's that lovely time of year.

Not much New Year's action here. My hubby got a second-hand Neptune washer from a friend and he's redoing it so that we can have our nice little front-load washer to start out the new year with. They're supposed to use 2/3 less water and stuff, and when we get out new dryer...I'll be a laundry doing unit. God only knows how many loads of laundry we do a week. 3 kids and 2 adults...hmmm..

Happy New Year everyone. This year is going to be IT! I got 46 lbs to go and I'm going to do it....

~CHRIS
Old 01-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #127  
Mommy9802

Cool Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!! Well ladies, here we are in 2006!!! We made it, and most of us have already started out with an advantage of already have losing some weight! I am so proud of ALL of you for the goals you accomplished in 05' and i KNOW that 06' is going to be the year of all years for all of us! It will be a change in OURSELFS! And not for anyone else! FOR US!! Keep up the good work girls!!

Cara: You poor thing!! I am glad your hubby is there to help. I really hope you get to feeling better soon! Don't rush it, just take it easy, WE MISS YOU BUNCHES!! And we all want you on here posting as much as possible but MORE than anything we want you to GET BETTER!!

Cynthia: Ohhhhh Cynthia where are you crazy girl!?? Are you out partying?? Just kidding, how are you doing?

Chris: I think it would be a good idea for you to join the health club. Trust me people are not there to watch you.....and besides you need not to worry about what other people think about you, atleast you are deciding to make a change, right? Your not just sitting on the couch doing nothing....if they can't admire that then there JERKS!! Good luck in whatever you decide!!

Amanda: You go girl on those 12 pounds gone forever!!! Keep it up!! I don't know about you, but the one thing i find hard about dieting is no support from my hubby. I mean he tries to be supportive, but not really. My hubby needs to loose some wieght too, but i just don't think he realizes that it is going to take more than "cutting back" it is going to take a LIFESTYLE change, you know?

Tea: How old is your brother, mine is 20 and he is ADDICTED to buying movies too!! And isn't it so hard when you look at them and they have grown up so fast, sometimes i want another baby, but i know financially and emotionally i only want two, but gosh i SURE do miss my Caleb bieng a baby, he is going to be 4 in July....4......OMG!!!!! Ok sorry needed to vent.

Well ladies it is time for me to jump of here, gotta go make breakfast for the kiddos!! I will chat with you ladies later!! Have a GREAT NEW YEARS DAY!!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to the 1st day of 2006 Ladies!!

Alisha, I think my hubby is the same as yours, lol. He says he is supportive, but he doesnt show it. And the biggest reason he has gained so much weight, is that all his life, his mom has encouraged (made) him eat double or triple size portions of whatever he ate, just because "he's a man and he needs more food" and now he still carries those habits w/ him...It makes me sick to watch him eat sometimes, but I just keep my mouth shut, I know that if I nag him about it he'll never change just to spite me

Chris: It does seem like the kids STAY sick this time of year...All this was new to me when I had my 1st baby, because my siblings and I NEVER got more than a cold or stomach virus when we were growing up, lol. The only time I remember going to the dr for being sick, was when I caught pink eye in kindergarten, lol. But Christian and Haleigh both stayed sick from the time they were born and Luckily, they dont get sick as often as they used to.

Cara: Hope you feel better soon. Doesn't it suck that we have to get a serious illness to get a break?!

Everyone else: Happy New year, and I hope you're doing well.

I have to go pick up Christian from his nana's house. I'll check in later
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #129  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Alisha, my brother is 25. He loves buying movies, even if he's never seen it before which to me is a waste of money because you don't actually know if you are going to like it or not. But I digress.

I'm starting the year at 291 pounds. I didn't lose this week but that's okay because I haven't been particularly eating well so I'm just glad I didn't gain. But I'm back on track now.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #130  
Focus on the Process

Hey All...did you survive the night? We rung in the New Year watching the Ring 2.

Alisha-I talked to my hubby about the health club last night and he said it sounds like a good idea and that I could go ahead and spend the money. I guess I'll just go ahead and not worry about what everyone thinks.

Amanda-I always have one sick it seems. My littlest and my oldest both have asthma so things just hang on alot longer for them.

Hi all you other girls. Not much time for getting personal with everyone. I have to go to the airport and pick up my brother and SIL. They spent the Christmas holiday in Arizona.

Check back later when I get a chance. My daughter, Tiana, my mom, and I are going to play in the fabric store for a while this afternoon.

~chris
Old 01-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #131  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Happy New Year!

Hi Ladies! Well, it's a new year for all of us. We all WILL be smaller by the time this year ends. Every one of us! Let's stick with it.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I've been busy painting and hanging out with my stepkids. This house needs new paint, flooring, etc. in EVERY room, so I'll be busy for the next couple years (and broke!). I've completely finished one room, the guest room, and it really looks nice despite the fact I'm an amateur painter (don't look close or you'll see the drips!). It's mostly yellow and blue, kind of a French country look. Next: Dryden's room. Probably some sort of green.

I also haven't been posting because I'm not eating right yet (still more holiday junk) and not exercising too much, unless you count moving furniture. I'll get back into it when the kids go back home. One of our New Year's Eve traditions with the kids has always been to get junk food (Doritos, Bagel Bites, etc.) and watch tv all evening. But last night I added a veggie tray to our selection, so I was rather proud of that choice!

Did anyone catch Dick Clark on ABC? He was looking okay, but the stroke left him with a bit of a speech impediment. Poor guy, but he seemed like he was enjoying the evening immensely, and I'm sure he was so sad to miss it last year. Good for him, I hope he had fun. And did anyone catch Mariah Carey? I've NEVER liked her musical style, but one thing I noticed was she had gained quite a bit of weight since I last remember seeing her. But as my hubby pointed out, it's better than the current celebrity trend of looking like a skeleton (the type that usually makes me say, "C'mon, eat a potato chip, just one!"). So I say good for Mariah Carey, even though that outfit was rather skimpy.

Congrats to those SAHMmies out there who have continued to lose during the holidays. And to those (like me) who have gained, just wait, they're almost over and we can get serious again.

I'll see you guys again in a couple days. Have a great day!

Cindy B.
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #132  
Scale Addict

Happy New Years Ladies!!!!!!!

I'm sure this will be a slimmin year for us all.

I would really love to lose all my weight this year, but my goal for the year is 50 pounds. I figure if I want to get pregnant with my 3rd and last baby sometime around June or July of next year, that leaves me with about 1.5 years to lose around 75 pounds. 25 pounds every 6 months is my goal.

Alisha, Thanks I've tried to get through Week 4 day 1 twice and have been unable to complete the day. I'll keep trying, and hopefully I can soon. I can jog for half a mile straight now, and a mile a workout.

Cat, I think it would be good for your DH to learn to take his turn changing diapers. lol We have 2 little kittens in diapers, and we usually go by the policy if you smell it, you change it. Though I am a SAHM and change most the diapers, hubby changes quite a few while he is home.

Chris, I used to have a gym membership, and I loved it. It is even better if you have someone to go with. I figured if there was one place that skinny people would like to see a fat person, it would be the gym.

Tea, I agree that they grow way too fast, my baby was in preemie clothes last year. Now she's walking all over the place It seems to happen overnight.

Cynthia, count me in on the not eatting right or exercising much group. lol Yesterday was my husbands birthday, so of course we had cake and ice cream.

Alisha, we did make it yay!

Amanda, I hope your little one feels better.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Default Can I join ? :)

Hi,

I am a SAHM of 4 littles..ages 6,5, almost 3, and almost 6 months. As you can well imagine..the pounds have crept on..and on. I am wayyyyy too young to be this unfit, (but hopefully once I get it off for good this time it will be too unfit at any time!). We have a family membership at the Y, but my hubby is disabled with arthritis and so it is usually just me that goes when I can manage..taking all 4 children is really overwhelming for me in such an active place.

Anyways, I hope that I can be an encouragement to you ladies and I hope that 2006 is a great year!
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Snoopysgirl! Wow - 4 kids...I bet you're more fit than you might think, just keeping everyone safe! I am pretty new here....also a new SAHM, to our little girl. She will be 11 weeks old on Tuesday! She is awesome, and we just love her to pieces! I lived in Portage, IN when I was in middle-high school, and I have lots of relatives in that part of the world....LaPorte, Union Mills, all that. I was just there this past summer!

I'm working on getting a better 'posting habit' for here. I want to thank everyone for the support about my situation with hubby - I think y'all are right, and I just need to leave him home with the baby on one of his days off. He said something last night about how he thought I'd have this and that done, since I was home all day and night. He isn't being mean, really, but I am in a bit of a sleep deprived state, and taking everything he says in the most sensitive way. Mostly, he is just ignorant..but I actually do need to go to town and buy some business supplies, and it would be SO much faster without Kitten. So, perhaps Wednesday (when he is off) I can tAke the morning and make a trip to town.

I weighed myself on Saturday morning, and I have 100.5 pounds that I want and need to lose. I am scared by how big that number is...because I have been at this long enough to know a lot of ways to 'lose 10 pounds fast'. The thing is, I can't keep playing around like that - I need to make some quality changes in the way I spend my time, the foods we eat, all of that. So, from the beginning, my little mantra is going to be 'progress, not perfection'. The numbers on the scale DO need to go down, but the lifestyle changes are the crucial thing here.

So...I'm happy to report that I've been walking every nice day - lately, that's been every day. About a mile and a half, with the jogging stroller (not that I'm jogging - we live on a gravel road, and a regular stroller with those little wheels would vibrate the baby half apart!). Getting out, getting fresh air and sunshine - it all feels just great. Unfortunately, today is very windy - a bit too much to have the baby out...but I did get outside a bit for some fresh air before daddy left for work.

Then...actually, this might sound silly, but I'm really proud of myself for this. After hubby left for work, I was faced with choices. Kitten was asleep....I hadn't had lunch and it was about 1pm. I wanted to eat something and get on the computer, but I stopped myself and kinda checked in with 'me'. I realized that what I really needed was some rest - I was really tired, and already thinking 'Coca cola will help me wake up'. So, I went to bed, and got about an hour of nap before the baby woke. I feel lots better...I'm still not hungry for lunch, and I'm feeling good about taking care of myself by doing what I really needed to do.

So, yeah, I just said 'yay me' for taking a nap! Only another SAHM would understand, lol.

Things seem like they are going well. I appreciate everyone here, and the encouragement that I find here. Here's to a great year, working together!!

-Catinhat
catinhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #135  
Focus on the Process

Cat, I guess I didn't realize how little your baby is. You are in a hard spot. I remember being so sleep deprived and out of whack..and having the baby blues. The first baby is always the hardest because you are still trying to adjust to having a new little one in the house and you're still tired...even after 11 weeks, you're body is still trying to go back to normal. I remember those days. My first husband wasn't much help with my daughter but my second husband was a huge difference. The first night I brought Kayla home, he was the one that slept under the baby swing, winding it up all night, feeding her, and changing her diapers, so that I could rest. I took advantage of that and when she was a little older, I'd "fake" I was sleeping so he would do it all. How evil! My last little girl...Nicole who is 3..was all mine. He was on to me after Kayla so he didn't fall for my sleeping ruse so much. Oh well.

Welcome Snoopy's Girl! I have been posting on 3fc for over a year now and this is such a wonderful web site. I hope to get to know you better. My name's Chris and I have three girls to keep me busy, but not enough to stay out of the no'no food I guess.

Julie-I'm going to go in on Tuesday I guess and sign up at the health club. THe other people will just have to deal with my bod. I need it!

~chris