Old 12-27-2005, 09:31 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning ladies I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was great, the kids got WAY too much stuff, as usual (they have 3 Christmases, lol). I weighed in at 205.6!!! SO Needless to say, I will not be making my New Years Goal Moving on however, My next mini goal is to be 190 by 2/13/06 (my 7th wedding anniversary) And I believe that if I give myself a firm kick in the fanny and stay on program, I should be able to reach this goal. My exercise vidieo of choice right now is Crunch Fat Burning Dance Party. Its really fun, and I can REALLY feel it working my legs, lol. If only I werent so uncoordinated

Cara- I hope you are feeling better
Cat- Welcome! you'll love it here
Cindy, Alisha, Julie and everyone else, I hope you are doing well. I'll check back in as soon as DH gives me an opportunity, lol. He's into these online gaming sites w/ the 1st person shooters and such so he has really been hogging the internet since he's off from work, LOL. Although, today he is going to be working on my leaky kitchen sink,
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #107  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi everyone. Don't know if I posted this yesterday but I weighed in yesterday and am down another pound and a half for a total of 16 pounds so far. But with the way I was eating yesterday and Sunday, I don't know if I'll be making my New Years goal. I hope to just get under 290 though. I'm going to be extra strict on myself the rest of the week to make up for some of the damage. Although come Saturday, I know I will be having a couple (or few) drinks to celebrate New Years, I'll just make sure to drink lots of water behind it.

What I am most happy about is that for the first time every I will be able to say that I weigh less this year than the previous year.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #108  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go Tracey! Good job...

I am all psyched up and ready to get some weigh off of me this year. My main problem is getting motivated to exercise. Any tips????? Another thing is finding the time to. I'm so not a morning person, but when I exercise at night, I can't sleep. Might have to just bite the bullet and wake my lazy butt up early and get 'er done.

Anyone got suggestions for good exercise videos? I have WATP tapes and the Method all-in-one workout and the Method Core Cardio. They're all pretty good, but I'm always looking for something to try.

I've gotten my 15 mins of computer time in...now its house time AGAIN! A never ending job.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

One of my motivators once I start exercising is some progress. So, I measure pretty much everywhere you can think of to take a measurement...then re-measure every so often. Losing inches is a real exciting thing for me.

Mini goals help me too...and sometimes I have to be mean to myself and say things like 'You can get on the computer and talk to your friends AFTER you (fill in the thing I don't wanna do here).' And...if I give it any thought at all, I feel GOOD when I keep myself on track, and I feel frustrated when I don't. I deserve better than that...sometimes just spending a minute thinking that way can really help.

-Catinhat
catinhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:16 PM   #110  
Focus on the Process

Cynthia and Cat-Thanks for the cat tips. I'm going to get new boxes because it has been a while and maybe put them in a different room. I have their food and water and catboxes in the laundry room right now. It's an old habit because we had a bassett hound that liked to lunch on the catfood and other cat "things" from the box.

I think I am going to have to be hard on myself again. I used to tell myself that I could not get on the computer until I worked out and I actually stuck with it for awhile. Sometimes I need to hear the suggestion from someone else to jog my memory to remember some of the tried and true things I have done in the past.

I've been organizing the kitchen with my dh tonight and trying to keep the tantrums from the peanut gallery to a minimum. My 3 yr old is acting up but my hubby thinks its probably because Kayla is sick and getting more attention than Nicole.

See you all in the morning.

~chris
Old 12-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #111  
Scale Addict

I got to update my computer for Christmas. Reformating always makes it hard to post for a few days. I'm hopelessly behind, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I'm up 4-4.5 though I'm sure at least half of that is water.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #112  
Mommy9802

Wink Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope. Sorry i have not posted in a couple of days, Monday was "our" Christmas, so we had a family day. It was nice. And then Tuesday i took the kids to the park for a couple of hours and had a picnic lunch and then came home and cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned some more.....And then i was tired so i went to bed. Unfortuntly like most of us, i don't think i will make my goal either...i am so MAD at myself. But i guess it won't do me no good to be mad for too long. I do want to atleast be at 185 by the end of January. I think i can do it if i work hard!! Atleast there is no more temptations like HOLIDAY food!!

Cynthia: I am glad you had a good Christmas. Thats great that your step children will help you with the "cleanup" PS: I agree with the "my jeans are feeling loose" method too

Cara: You poor thing!! Take it easy get LOTS of rest!!

Amanda: Doesn't it always seem like the GET SO MUCH!! Before i am affraid i didn't make it even for all the kids, but then afterwards, i am like WOO!! Don't stress the goal, as long as you have made yourself a new goal thats GREAT!!

Chris: Try excercising before dinner....that way you still have time before you go to bed, so you will be ready for bed, but so you can sleep in if you want too without having to get up early to work out. Stay with it!

Tea: You GO GIRL!!! Great job on loosing!!

Julie: Don't stress the gain...it happens to all of us. Stay strong!!

Cat: I think Mini-Goals are GREAT!! You have such a great attitude towards loosing!! You go girl!!

Well ladies it is time for me to jump off here....have a GREAT day ladies i will chat with you all later!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies! I am so ready for school to start back, LOL. I cant get anything done around here when the kids are home, and I can forget trying to do my workout videos while they are here, lol. Bless their little hearts, they try to do the exercises, but we just dont have that much room in here, LOL. So I guess I'm stuck w/ spongebob until the 3rd, lol. Seriously though, I have SO much housework to do, I guess I can count that as a workout

Tracy: Congrats on the pound lost!! :carrott:
Julie: My desktop need reformatting, but since I use the laptop most of the time, I'll let my DH deal with it, LOL. That pc is used mostly for his gaming, lol. I hate dealing w/ all the technical stuff involved, but my hubby is a computer geek.

Anyways I gotta get off here I think the kids are trying to fight (again)
I'll check in later
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #114  
Mommy9802

Red face Good Morning

Good Morning how is everyone doing, good i hope? I just wanted to pop in and say hello, before i am off to get some laundry done for the day and get some cleaning done....Yippeeee Oh well i guess someone has to do it, right? Cause i know the hubby won't!! And it sure won't do itself. Anyways.....

Amanda: Isn't it cute when the little ones try and workout with you, my 3 year old, LOVES IT when i workout, he actually does it with me, and he does a pretty good job doing Taebo, its the cutest thing!!

Cara,Julie,Cynthia,Chris,Tea, Cat how are you ladies doing?

Well i am going to jump off here, i will chat with you all later......

Have a GREAT day!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #115  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hey there everyone. Well, I can't believe that 2006 is only two days away. Where does the time go??? I am almost sure that I won't be making my New Years goal but I'm okay with that. I am just so proud of what I have accomplished so far. I've never stuck with anything this long. I still have some tweaking to do as far as my eating habits. I've found that I've been allowing myself to be a little more lenient so I need to tighten up. lol But I've already joined in with some others from the site to do a April Fools challenge so I am looking forward to that.

It's a very rainy day today and I have to go to the doctor. I called him and asked if he could just call in a prescription for me since the refills ran out and he is making me come in and I know he is going to have me sit there all day since I am seeing him as a walk-in. So I'm off to give the teababy and I some breakfast and then I am out the door. I hope I don't get too wet.

Take care everyone...
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:52 PM   #116  
Focus on the Process

Howdy, Not much happening here. I did good yesterday and even exercised. I did great with eating today until this afternoon. I forgot to take a healthy snack to work and ate some candy...that set off an afternoon binge.

Sorry to see so many of you all sick. Kayla (my middle daughter) is finally starting to feel a little better. Thank Goodness. She missed over half of her vacation from school...but I guess that's better than missing out on school.

So what is everyone doing for the New Year Eve? Not much here. I plan on renting movies and staying home and safe. I can't drink anyhow. My medications don't permit it. Kind of takes the fun out of it all...the little funsuckers...

I'm going to check on my little ones and see if they are doing their rooms. This house is going to be back in shape before ya know it. We did our room tonight and got rid of all the clutter and clothes we don't wear. I'm tired of being disorganized.

This is going to be a whole different year for me. I'm going to get the rest of this weight off me if it kills me... and my house is going to be clean...we're talking Martha Stewart clean!

Talk to you tomorrow.

~ chris
Old 12-30-2005, 12:40 AM   #117  

I had a decent day today - we are working on organizing our basement. We built this house about a year and a half ago (well, it took us a couple years - we did most of the work...but we moved in about a year and a half ago). The last couple weeks, we put an epoxy coating on the basement floor - so we had to move everything to one side....paint the clear side...then move everything onto the painted part...paint the rest. Now, we're sorting out 'rooms'. We will be finishing the basement this spring/summer, so we're figuring out what we want where. It's kinda fun!

I had a really yummy salad for supper - romaine lettuce, chopped apple, diced muenster cheese, some bits of pecan and sliced and chopped turkey (lowfat) pepperoni. A little poppyseed dressing, and a whole wheat bread stick...I really enjoyed it

I also found the book I want to use for my 'program' last night..it's 'The Solution' by Laurel Mellin. It deals with all the different aspects I struggle with - emotional eating, decent nutrition...helps you learn skills to put things in a more balanced state, check your progress periodically, and either stay in balance, or get back in balance. I used it before, but I kinda did it 'in secret'. I'm hoping that by sharing a little as I go, it will stick better this time.

Well, I hope everyone had a great day. Take care!
-Cat
Old 12-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #118  
Focus on the Process

Does anyone on here deal with binge eating? My weight loss doctor has me diagnosed with a binge eating disorder.

So are we all going to weigh in on Saturdays from now on? I think it would be an awesome idea. Something to keep us on track and motivated would be great!

My cat is killing my screen on the window to come in. I better get going and get my day started. I got to sleep in until 9:45. I never get to do that and it felt sooo goood.

~chris
Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #119  
Scale Addict

I got my C25K workout in yesterday. I can't quite complete the week 4 day 1 yet, though I'm converting from timed jogging, to distance jogging, and I jog quite slow to prevent injury. Yesterday I jogged 1 mile, though that was broken down into 3 jogs.

Alisha, that's cute about your 3 year old working out with you.

For new years eve we always have a birthday party for my DH. He'll be 26 this year.

My new years goal is to jog a 5k and to lose 50 pounds. I can nearly jog 1k, but I still have a lot of training to do.

Tracey, you can do it!

cat, sounds like your place is coming together

chris sorry about the diagnosis. I binge eat sometimes too. Not sure what you can do, maybe the doctors will have some idea.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:03 AM   #120  

Chris, sometimes I struggle with compulsive eating...sometimes it's not a large quantity...rather I'll graze on stuff I don't really want/need all day, but sometimes, it does come up as a binge. It can be really frustrating, but there are books out there with tips and strategies that can help us overcome this. From what I understand, it is a behavior...and as a behavior, it can be changed.

I hope everyone had a great day. Mine was pretty good. I got some things done that I wanted to get done, and my brain has been working good today...lots of good, creative ideas. More on all that after I get them a little more developed.

Had a couple of interesting conversations with hubby lately. I get the sense that he thinks I stay home and kinda hang out all day. He was asking me about working part time on the days he's off. It might be a good idea...it would mean he'd be totally responsible for caring for Kitteninhat for the entire day. Right now, if I ask him to care for her while I take a shower, he does...he plays with her...if she gets hungry, he will come tell me she is crying, ask me why (because I can use my supermommy powers to telepathically ask the baby why she is crying???) and then feed her...but heaven forbid she needs to be changed! It might be good for him to see just how busy a little baby can keep a person all day.

I guess this gets under my skin a little bit because since I became a SAHM, he hasn't had to cook or clean anything...his laundry has magically appeared in his dresser and closet, his lunch is in his cooler for work every day...they are all little things, but they do add up. I guess we're all adjusting right now...sigh.

How is everyone else doing?

-Catinhat