Old 12-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #91  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cindy-How many kitties do ya got? I have four little "angel" babies. Yah right! Anyhow, I have a tiger stripe mama and her full-grown son, a long-haired gray kitty, and George. He's white with orange ears and tail and by far the most comical loveable one of the bunch. His only downfall is that he's the "ted bundy" of the neighborhood. It's so embarrassing, but the neighbor's just keep egging him on with their bird feeders and bird baths.

Ummmm....yah, I've been eating healthy. You're buying that one right?
My stomach is still feeling half yucky though, so not much food is making it through my lips. The stuff that does is not exactly healthy food. (oops, did I say that out loud???)

I know...I'm always cleaning up something but as life goes with 3 children, I better get back to doing what needs to be done. Whether I like it or not.

TTFN<
chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone. I am sorry I havent been around, DH has been off from work and he is an internet hog, lol. He's off through Dec 30, I'll probably be ready to pull my hair out by then, LOL. I have to go to my Moms house for Christmas today so I'll keep this one short. I just wanted to stop in to wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Oh and, CONGRATS CINDY! I'm so glad you finally got moved into your house!

Cara, Tea, Alisha, Julie and everyone else, enjoy your Christmas dinners and I'll drop back in as soon as DH eases up on his pc usage, lol.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #93  
Mommy9802

Talking Merry Christmas Eve!!

Good Morning Ladies, how is everyone doing? Everyone ready, i am almost ready just got to finish wrapping a few gifts and then i am DONE!! Today, i have to go to the inlaws for there christmas eve celebration. And then tomorrow i am going over there for the morning to open some presents. But actually Monday me and my family are celebrating Christmas. Because my 7 year old is with hi biological mother for Christmas, even though we are getting him back on Christmas day around 5:00pm we want him to wake up and see all the presents "santa" left for him...and be excited. So we are doing it on Monday. Which is ok, it gives me one more day to wrap.

Cynthia: I still weigh in on Saturdays as far as my wieght tracker goes, to update it or whatever, but i have to admit i am a CRONIC wiegher, i wiegh everyday, a couple times a day!! Aaahhh!! I know its bad to do that, but i can't help it i am obsessed with the scales!! I am glad you will get to see your stepchildren, i bet that will really make the hoildays nice, for you and your family!!

Cara: I am doing better.....still got a runny nose and a itchy throat and a cough, but all and all i am doing good! How bout' you? How are you doing?

Amanda: Your Poor thing, your hubby is off until the 30th....Aaaaaahhhhhh!!! Remember just breath HeeeHeee HooooHoooo HeeeeeHeeeee HooooHoooo...

Chris: Don't stress it.....we all have are slip ups around the holiday, just be ready to get back on track!!

Tea: I am so glad for you that the strike is over!!

Julies: How are you doing? Good i hope!!

Well everyone i am going to jump off here, i will chat with you all later, i might pop in tomorrow but i am not sure, if i don't i hope everyone has a GREAT Christmas!!

Merry Christmas Sahmmies
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #94  
Focus on the Process

Merry Christmas!
I'm crossing my fingers that the rest of my kids stay well for the next two days. Nicole was "frowing" up yesterday like the last year. It always seems to happen this way. I gotta smile I guess.

It's kind of a quiet day around here. We were supposed to go to my MIL's house today for awhile but now my SIL is sick and my MIL is scared to death of us "germ" infested people. So we're just going to my dad's this evening. I really don't blame my MIL for not wanting to get sick, she has emphysema and COPD. Kind of dangerous for her to get sick.

Well I hope everyone has a happy holiday. Merry Christmas, ladies!

~chris
Old 12-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

Default New SAHM

Hi, Everyone,

Just a quick introduction - I would like to be an active member of this thread, so I thought I'd say hello. I just joined the site last night.

I am a recent SAHM, and I am still adjusting. I worked for someone else from the time I was 16..and I'm 39 now. I guess I still work for someone else, our 9 1/2 week old daughter. She is beautiful, wonderful, perfect. We are adopting her, and everything should finalize by April.

So, I'm struggling more than usual with my food and weight, because I'm home all day with a kitchen and no real solid structure to my time. It probably doesn't help that I became a SAHM just in time for all the holiday baking and such to commence...it has made it that much more of a chanllenge for me to make good choices. That, and the change in my sleep pattern...well, I feel like a slug. However, as babykins gets a little older, she is on more of a schedule...her mommy needs to get on one too.

I'm planning to start a journal here, I saw there is a forum for that...and to be involved in this area too. I'm planning to get support and be support for others. I think being home working is very different from being in a non-home workplace - and it has a different set of challenges and rewards. I'm hoping those of you with more experience than me can offer me some suggestions.

I haven't weighed myself yet, but I will soon. Do you guys have a certain day that the whole group does weigh-in, or anything like that? Once I get a starting weight, I'll get one of those trackers below my signature, but for now, I'm getting familiar with the site and letting things be until Christmas is past...which is tomorrow! (yike!)

So I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, and that I can learn and contribute here.

Thanks!

-Catinhat
catinhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #96  
Focus on the Process

So are you a Dr. Suess fan or are you a cat lover? Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a SAHM of three girls. I do work part-time for my dad, but that doesn't really count. Welcome to the thread. Everyone else seems to be doing family things for Christmas. I'm up just waiting for the kids to fall asleep to do my "thing".

I've been with 3fc for over a year now. The support here is great and I hope you stick with it. Its such a long hard journey made much easier with the support of others in the same boat. Looking forward to more posts by you. Have a great Christmas!

~chris
Old 12-25-2005, 01:47 AM   #97  

Chrily, thanks so much! I am a 'cat person' for sure....and up until a couple months ago, I was a children's librarian, so 'catinhat' works for me on a couple levels. I've got an avatar (somewhere) that someone made for me too, but I have to find it, and probably re-size it

The 'SAH' part of 'SAHM' is really an adjustment for me...and I'll be doing some things from home to help generate some income. I have a few things 'brewing'...we'll see which ones end up making the most sense for us here.

I am going to stick with this - I have to. I want our little girl growing up healthy, and I want to be around for a lot of her life! Genetically, people in my family seem to get pretty old, but I can't take that for granted - I need to get the food issues and all resolved, once and for all. So, I'll be around, for sure!

Thanks again for the welcome - I am up waiting for hubby to get home, and it made my day that someone said hi to me!!

-Cat
Old 12-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #98  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Welcome catinhat.

I am down 1.5 this week. Woohoo!!!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:52 PM   #99  
Focus on the Process

Morning Tracey and Cat-

We were doing so good this morning and *boom* Kayla is sick now. So I might be here at home all day with my little munchie. Poor honey.

Other than that, Christmas Eve went well. We all had a really good time at my dad's house. I didn't even overindulge in anything. Woo Hoo!

Our house looks like a tornado went through it and I need to finish blowdrying my hair. I still have to take my brother and his wife to the airport. They're spending the rest of the holiday in Arizona with her brothers and sisters.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

~chris
Old 12-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #100  
Mommy9802

Smile Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a GREAT Christmas!! For me we have not even begun yet, "our" Christmas is tomorrow.

Cat: to the SlimminSahmmies!! You will love it here at 3FC but i REALLY think you will love it here with the sahmmies, these ladies are an AWESOME bunch of great gals!! Let me introduce myself, my name is Alisha i live in Nashville Tennessee. I am 22 years old i have two beautiful boys named Caleb (3) and Cameron (7) unfortuntly Cameron is not biologically mine....but even though the papers don't say it, i AM his mother!! I am currently doing the Atkins diet, and excercising to Taebo. I am not sure if everyone else will agree with me but we like to weigh in on Saturdays here. Is that a good day for you? You know as far as you weighing yourself you should really do that, but MOST IMPORTANTLY you need to measure yourself.....because sometimes the scale won't show a budge but the measurements will, and thats enough to keep you going!! Good luck with EVERYONE!! We are all here for you, through the good times, and the bad!

Chris: I am sorry to here Kayla is sick, poor thing!! And on Christmas, that has really gotta suck!!

Tea: YOU GO GIRL ON THE LOSS!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Well ladies i am going to jump off here, i hope EVERYONE has a great holiday!! Take care! Talk to you all tomorrow, or on Tuesday!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:24 PM   #101  

Thanks for the welcome, Alisha. I used to live in W. Ky, and my folks live not far from Paris now (way west TN). Often, when we go home, we fly into Nashville.

My little girl is adopted...well, we are in process - we should be done by the end of April. We were there from the beginning - not in the delivery room (the birth mom wanted to do that alone), but from the time she was a couple hours old, she's been with us. I've never been happier!!

I have not come up with a food program or an exercise program yet. I started a journal (what a PAIN!!!!) last night, and if I can find it again, I'll work through all that in there.

Does anyone else here have a journal? Just wondering if y'all keep them, share them, all that.

Thanks!

-Catinhat
Old 12-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #102  
Pending Email Confirmation

Sahmmies: Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! We did and now my stepchildren are here for the week, and we're all having a blast. They love helping to unpack boxes so we should get a lot done this week.

How is everyone's weather? Ours is a little chilly, but very sunny and no rain/snow.

Chris: Yes, I have cats too! Always nice to meet another crazy cat lady. I've got 9, all indoors. I used to work at a vet clinic that dealt exclusively with cats; I tended to take home kittens with broken legs, just until they healed. Well, several years later I guess they're still healing!

Hey, Alisha! Hope your Christmas was good. I agree with you about the measuring vs. the weighing, but I'm a little afraid to get those first measurements! I like the "boy, my jeans are feeling looser" method, myself!

Cat: Welcome to 3fc & Slimmin' Sahmmies! Congrats on the new little one. Aren't they wonderful? I'm assuming she's your first, since you said you're also new to staying home. I've got one son, he's 16 months old. My hubby also has 2 children that live with their mom in another state, they are 13 and 10. I know what you mean about staying home being a little weird. After working for so many years, I kind of felt guilty about staying home and not making any money. But I would feel tons more guilty about leaving him with daycare while I went to work. Not that I think there is anything wrong with being a working mom, it's just not for me. I believe the job we're all doing is the most important one in the world. If we have to make some financial sacrifices because of it, so what.

Yes, I have signed up for fitday.com for a journal. However, I haven't used it much yet. I would love to share it, but not until I'm actually using it on a regular basis. We tend to weigh on Saturdays in this group, it's kind of nice having the same day to weigh. I think a couple of us were already weighing on Saturdays when we started the original thread, so we've kind of just stuck with that date.

Hey Carafre, Julie, Chris, Amanda, everyone, hope you're out there somewhere and had a great holiday!
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #103  
Focus on the Process

Cynthia-Since you have 9 cats and worked at a vet, maybe you could help me a bit. I have 2 female cats that have decided as of late to use my carpet as a nice pee spot. They're both healthy, so I don't know what to do with them. The oldest one has had previous UTIs but the last 2 times I've taken her in, she's been clean. She had bladder crystals with the first one too. I only use Hill Science Diet because of all the problems. Any suggestions. My husband wants to get rid of the "offenders" but I don't know who would even want them. The two boy cats are kind of rowdy, so I don't know if they are just stressed from them or what? The one female was our foster kitty at first, she had a pin in her leg from a car hitting her, and she was a stray. The vet asked us to watch her while she healed and we just kept her. During her rehabilitation, she got out of the house (and got pregnant) so we have her only baby too. Of course he's full grown now.

Oh my gosh, I could write a book on my kitties. I come from a family of cat lovers. My dad had 12...but my stepmom was such a clean freak, you'd never know.

ANyhow, I did okay yesterday. Stay'd fairly on plan, and didn't do any snacking. Kayla is feeling a bit better, but she goes up and down. She's still running a fever, and now she's congested and achy. I'm betting if they did a flu culture on her, she would come back positive.

That's about it. I hope Santa brought everyone what they wanted. TTFN, and talk to you tomorrow.

~chris
Old 12-26-2005, 11:33 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default snif...

Cat - We are so happy to have you here!!! I am a SAHM to my 3 year old daughter & 16 month old son!!! I am so excited for you! I know you'll enjoy it here.

I haven't kept up lately - so sorry ladies. The infection I had spread to my right lung and is slowly getting better. I hope to be back to my old self soon. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did. I mostly relaxed, but the kids were so cute. I weighed in Saturday - 199. So, I didn't make my goal, again but I am not gaining anymore. Let's keep our Saturday weigh in & decide on a video (anyone who wants to do this is welcome!). I haven't been able to find the Tae Bo video yet. I hope to get out this week and look. Anybody have ideas for another video? I am getting the Tae Bo video just as soon as I can. Well I better go rest. I will check in later this week.

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 AM   #105  

Chris, how old is your litterbox? The plastics tend to absorb the ammonia/urine smell, and if cats feel the box is not clean enough (this is based on cat whim, not actual cleanliness, lol), they may quit using it. If you've had the box(es) a long time, you may want to try getting a new one. My dad just read some big article about this on Yahoo, and was telling me all about it a couple days ago. It has to do with them feeling vulnerable if their potty place has a strong smell, because in the wild, it would make them an easy target for predators.

Wow, see? I'm good for somethin'!

-Catinhat, who has 4 cats right now