3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 AM   #16

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, Sorry I've been MIA. I have been so busy working on the house and trying to work on wrapping some Christmas gifts. I have barely had time to think this week, LOL. It looks like we are in for some nasty weather tonight, freezing rain. I really wish my DH didnt have to work tonight, I'll be worried sick until he gets back home.

Cindy: Christian has had a really good week so far. He's been doing pretty good since I explained to him that if he doesnt do his school work and such that he will have to go to school that much longer, LOL.

I'll try to write more later, I have to get ready & drive Christian to school.

Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #17

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Chris - The letter sounds like a good idea for ya'll! I hope you get some time alone to relax!!

Hi to all! I am sick, AGAIN!! It's only a chest cold but yuck!!! My little germ carriers are feeling just fine!! Talon had his 15 mon. check up, FOUR SHOTS!! But he seems a little better today. I have more shopping to do today.

I have an idea - I was wondering if maybe anyone thinks it might be fun to all do the same exercise video? Maybe we could take turns and if you have a video the others could rent or buy it. It wouldn't have to be expensive, or you could skip a video if it didn't sound fun! Just putting thoughts out there!

carafre
Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #18
Pending Email Confirmation

Carafre: Sorry to hear you're sick! Get well soon, okay? I think your idea of a video/dvd sounds great! It would be nice to know someone else out there is doing the same video. I'm up for it! As far as what program? Anything is fine with me. I don't have that many, I have Tae Bo but it's sooo hard! Maybe if I knew we were all doing it, I would be more motivated?

Amanda: Glad to hear Christian is doing better! Did you end up getting freezing rain tonight after all? It was very cold and rainy here in Atlanta tonight, too, but not freezing. We bought Dryden his first winter coat tonight, though! He looks very cute and warm in it.

Hi Alisha and Julie! Hope you're both doing well.

Chris: That does sound like a good idea about the letter. Let me know if you do it and what the girls think of it! So did you end up with a sinus infection after all? I hope not, those are so painful!

Attention, everybody: I exercised tonight! Woo-hoo, first time in a loooong time. Well, I bowled. We went with my hubby to his bowling league and afterwards several of us stayed around and bowled 2 more games. I will be sore tomorrow!

Have a good evening, ladies, see ya tomorrow!

C
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #19

Hi everyone, I would have checked in earlier but we didnt have any power. I have not eaten well this week...I think I need a swift kick in the fanny to get me moving in the right direction again, lol. I've done ok today though, then again I just havent had much of an appetite, but at least I havent been eating all the junk food i could get my hands on today. Tomorrow I am going to go to the store and stock up on my healthy foods...I had been staying w/in my calorie range, but I have made REALLY bad choices w/in that range. OH I almost forgot, I have to go to a Christmas buffet at the fire house on Sunday, I'll have to try to remember to watch my portions. I would skip it but I have to talk w/ the ladies auxillary about using my fundraiser again this year. So I can plan what supplies I need to order and when...I have also been pondering the thought of giving up my WAH biz, but cant make up my mind...I havent been that profitable, but its good for some quick cash at certain times of the year..Anywho I'll quit boring you w/ my life, LOL.

Cindy: We did get the ice, luckily it fell as mostly sleet so it wasnt as slick as if it had been all freezing rain. Our lights went out at 6pm yesterday (BEFORE the ice came, lol) and were out until just a few hours ago...I was SO bored, I'm glad to have my computer back. I was so happy that Christian had a good week...hopefully he is coming around I think I have figured out why I have been slipping up on my diet so much lately. I was just thinking yesterday that if I hand M/C'd in Aug. I would have been 25 weeks along this week...I just need to refocus on the fact that I became motivated to lose this extra fat because I want my next pregnancy to be as healthy as it can be, and before that can happen, I will have to be in the best health I can be in... Wow i need to write that down and stick it on the fridge

Anyways Dinner smells like it is about ready so I'd better go get the veggies going. Hope you all had a great day, and good luck w/ tomorrow weigh in...I think I have gained this week

Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #20

Cindy - Good for you!! Bowling is great exercise & I know you'll have the sore muscles tomorrow to prove it!! Cool - on the video! I think it would be a great motivator! I will go to Walmart or Target & see what is out. Which Tae Bo video do you have? Let's pick a date to have a video picked out. I know we have lots going on, but I really could use the kick in the butt too! I most likely will not be able to start for several days. I am going to urgent care as soon as hubby gets home in the am. I'm afraid I have some sort of chest infection - BUT hope not!!! Anyway - I vote we do the Tae Bo first. I've wanted to try it for so long!!!

Amanda - Glad Christian is doing ok! I am here to deliver a "kick in the butt"!! Let's get motivated, you've got to get healthy & fit for your next pregnancy!! C'mon - let's give that to be little one the best womb (room) ever!!!! You can do it!!! Do it for yourself because you deserve it!!! and so does your family present & future!!!

Alisha - Hope you are doing ok! How's the couch 2 k going (is that it?) Are ya eating well?

Hi to all!!!

carafre
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #21
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

The day is almost over and I'm so ready to soak in the tub with a book (NOT A TEXTBOOK!) and just relax.

I went to my weight loss clinic appt and fessed up to all my boo-boos for the month. Now it is really time to behave. I am going to try super hard. Someone really needs to give me a swift kick in the buttt to get me going on the exercise.
What time of the day do you all exerise?
What kind of exercise do you do?
Which exercies videos do you own?

Those are my wonder questions for the night. I'm going to kick back for a bit. I've done one exam for my business class and typed up some more notes for the final...That's enough for the day.

Night ladies.

~chris

You must act as if it is impossible to fail.
~Ashanti Proverb
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:08 AM   #22

I exercise anytime I can, usually after kids are in bed. The only problem w/ this is I have trouble sleeping. I sometimes fit in a workout in the am - but rarely.

I walk, tone on the bowflex & have an exercise bike (recumbant.).

The only exercise video I have is, *gulp** Cindy Crawfords w/o with Radu!! I bought when I was 17 or so. It's really old!!! But it works!! I am going to get my first Tae Bo video when I figure out what Cindy has! We are going to try to use the same tapes and keep each other motivated & entertained!! Everyone else is welcome to join! Next is Belly Dancing!!!

I will be here a lot tonight! I can't stop coughing long enough to sleep!!

carafre
Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #23
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello SAHMmies!

Carafre: I have the original Tae Bo, I think. It's at home right now so I can't look at it. There are three tapes (and I do mean tapes, not dvds!). One of them is just the instructional tape that teaches you the moves. That's the only one I've tried and I can't even get through that! Maybe someone else who has Tae Bo knows the names of the tapes I have?

Chris: I don't exercise much lately since I'm living in a hotel, but when I'm at home in my normal routine, I exercise while my little guy is napping. I used to do cardio (treadmill) for an hour during his morning nap then do Bowflex during his afternoon nap. Then take him for a walk in his stroller in the evenings. I can't wait to move and get back to my routine!

All: I will be going to TN this morning for the last time, so I won't have internet access until I get back on Thursday. Have a good week, ladies!

Cindy B
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #24
Mommy9802

Wink Good Morning SAHMmies!!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope? I am sorry i have not been on in a couple of days. Had problems with the internet...but right now it seems to be working so i wanted to check in. I am VERY happy to report a 2 pound weight loss....13pounds till my goal.......

Cara: I too think the excercise video sounds great. I am currently doing TAEBO...its the VERY first tape....but hopefully for Christmas i will be getting the newest one which is the bootcamp workout....i find it hard the first time, but if you stick with it, it gets much easier. I also have winsor pilates....thats pretty hard, especially at the wieght i am! But the idea does sound great!! And as far as the Couch to 5k goes i did it the 1st day but then the other two day i got side tracked with my sons christmas play...etc....and i didn't do it. But hopefully today i am going to go and run!

Cynthia: Congrats on the excercise I hope things are well with you and your family and your NEW home!!

Amanda: Stay strong!! I know, we all know you can do it!! And however many kicks in the fanny you need....we will all deliver them one at a time if we have too!!

Chris: You need a kick in the butt too...alright " kicking you in the butt" BEHAVE yourself No seriously, stay strong....and don't be hard on yourself!
As far as your questions goes, they are as follows.....
Time of day to excercise: Mid afternoon
What type of excercises: Taebo, running (sorda) ab workouts, arm workouts, butt workouts
What type of videos do i own: Taebo (the original) Winsor Pilates, Leslie Samson walking workout tapes, BUNS, THIGHS, ABS wourkout video

Julie: I hope you are doing ok? How are things going for you?

Well ladies i am going to jump off here.....i will chat with you all soon! Have a GREAT DAY!

Alisha

Goals:
Eat Healthier!!!
Drink atleast 64oz water daily try for 128oz daily
Excercise atleast 4 days a week try for 6 days a week
Stay on PLAN!!
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #25
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I hope it's okay if I jump in here with you guys. I am a SAHM of a beautiful two year old girl. I have A LOT of weight to lose but I'm definitely ready this time. My weigh in is tomorrow but so far I've lost 9.5 pounds. I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Hope to get to know all of you ladies soon.

Starting over again.........again!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #26
Scale Addict

I'm down .2 for the week. I finally dropped the period bloat.
220.4 last week 220.2 this week.

I tried a day of C25K this morning, and my knees are better but feel extra sensitive. I'm still pretty heavy, so I will have to take it easy.

Sounds like you ladies are doing well! I'll post some personals after I get back from the store. I'm out to face the cold. laters!

modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #27
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Carafre-I've thought about belly dancing too. It actually sounds fairly fun to me. Something different. Plus dancing doesn't really feel like exercise.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. I'm assuming from all you've said is that you just squeeze the exercise in when you can during the day, as long as you do it. I too, have some WATP tapes and I have been trying to do some pilates workouts with my sister. I haven't done much in the last few days though.

Backt to my homework. Talk to you all tomorrow

~chris

You must act as if it is impossible to fail.
~Ashanti Proverb
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #28

teahoney- to SlimminSAHMmies! Congrats on the weight loss so far, that's awesome!! I'm sure you will love it here, this is a wonderful group of ladies. I look forward to reading your posts.

Alisha: Congrats on the loss! Unfortunately I gained this week I expected it though because I was really really bad this week (I was drinking regular coke and indulging my chocolate cravings ALL week) I am back on track today, Nothing like a gain to set you straight, LOL.

Chris and Cara: I used to have one of the belly dance videos, I loved it. Its really fun, and you REALLY feel it working your muscles.

Hope you all have a good weekend (well what's left of it anyway). I've got a Christmas dinner this evening, and I still have to make a covered dish to take so I have to get off my fanny and get busy. I'll check in tomorrow

Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #29
Mommy9802

Smile Good Morning Ladies!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope? Well i am officially back to my diet today...so hopefully by the next weigh in i will have lost more!!

TeaHoney: and congrats on the weight you have lost so far! You go girl!! Do you do any specific wieght loss program or diet? I really think you will like it here at 3FC but most importantly you will LOVE it here with the SlimminSahmmies!! I really hope you enjoy it here and you find the support you need, and know that we are all here for you!

Amanda: Have fun at your dinner party tonight!! Talk to you tomorrow!

Julie: Congrats on the loss!!

Well ladies i am not going to stay on here long, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! Have a GREAT day!!

Alisha

Goals:
Eat Healthier!!!
Drink atleast 64oz water daily try for 128oz daily
Excercise atleast 4 days a week try for 6 days a week
Stay on PLAN!!
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #30
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, I am happy to report that I lost FIVE pounds this week. I'm still in shock especially because the last couple of weeks have been kind of slow. I only lost a half pound my last weigh-in so I just hoping for 2 pounds at least. When I saw five, I almost fainted. Now I only have 5.5 pounds to go to reach my New Year's goal. Woohoo!!! This calls for a dancing carrot or two...

Starting over again.........again!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote