Old 01-30-2005, 05:08 AM   #106  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Hail to the new Queen!!

So the end of the week and the end of the challenge.

So here we go with the results.

Tig on 12
Suzi on 11
Holly on 9
Mel on 6
Shad on 5
Teel and Meadow on 2

Have I forgotten anyone???

The answer seems to be clear.
Tig below please find the Grand Imperial Crown of Russia. Not been used for a long time, but you deserve this with your resolve and dedication.

Hail Queen Tig.

Runners up were Suzi and Holly. Well done to both of you. Victorias crown awaits you both.

I am not doing a challenge this week. But don't let that stop you. State the intentions and we will add it up again next weekend.

So nice to speak to Linus on the phone this morning. She has a lovely soft Edinburgh accent. Not hard to understand at all!!! I don't think I said 'what????' more than a couple of times.

I've been flat stack busy today with housework. After the bug bombs were set off yesterday, I had lots of bodies to deal with so the vacuum cleaner worked overtime as I swept, dusted, cleaned and wiped everything in sight. Still it is clean now. I still have to take the spare room to bits, but that is not something that anyone would willingly want to do. It can wait a while.

So I am off to watch the tennis and do some ironing. Work day again tomorrow.
Catch you

Last edited by Shad; 01-30-2005 at 05:11 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #107  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

What exciting news! I most graciously accept the crown for this week and will proudly practice the Queenly Wave regularly, with the 2 lb. weights.

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #108  

Look out Scotland I'm a-coming!!! Can you tell I am excited yet? As Linus has already told you I am landing on her doorstep hopefully on June 29th 2005...strange to think that it will be exactly 52 weeks to the day since I went to Austria...must be the right time of year to go on a plane!!
I must say a public thank you to Kirst's mum who is so so kindly letting me stay in her house whilst she is away in the summer... I promise to look after the place.
This morning I told my mum of the arrangements and she said there should be no problem dad and her driving me to the airport as I aim to fly from Norwich which is quite handy for them. This way I can take Holly to their house for them to look after for the 2 weeks as the friend Holly usually goes to will almost probably have had a knee replacement by then so will not be able to help out. Holly will be fine at home...they love her to bits...mum said though that she hopes the hedgehog fraternity will not be out and about by then! During Holly's lasy holiday with them she found every heggie in existance in the garden and barked and barked and...and...yes well.
I have been to Scotland a couple of times but never spent more than a : couple of days in Edinburg itself. I have been to the castle though and seen the Tattoo. (The Military Tattoo, I haven't got any other kind!!!) Luckily on one of those visits I purchased a good visitors guide book THE TIME OUT GUIDE to Edinburg that includes Glasgow, Lothian and Fife.Its got a plethora of useful information in it like all the bars (! ), restaurants, places of great interest, and a very good street map. I really hope we will be able to visit the Royal Yacht Brittania which is moored on the Port Of Leith... Last time I went to Edinburg, Hollyrood House was closed to the public, I don't know why. I do hope it is open this time...

Ok enough rambling from me. Except to say I have done atrociously this week regarding pints. I was really fed up yesterday as, like Shad, Acouple of days before the official weigh-day, my scales were going in the wrong direction...up. I have been SO good with my diet this week although I only
got out with the dog once. The rest of the week it seems to have rained and rained and I think I have slept through most of it. And last night I just couln't think what to have for dinner and I really fancied fish and chips so... They weren't all that good either and I wished I hadn't have bothered. I think a major problem is that currently I am not eating breakfast and no, I do not spend the rest of the morning pigging out either...
I just seem to have lost my appetite until dinner time!!
Oh CONGRATULATIONS to Miss TIG for her outstanding efforts for this weeks challenge. 12 points!!! And well done to SUZI on a very close 2nd!!!
Mel, fancy forgetting your shopping!! Never you mind...I could let on someone else's secret about leaving their Friday night dinner on the checkout!!!! I won't say who...perhaps pressure will help her to confess...just say she lives north of me!!!
TIG, good luck with The Tooth Trot...what a super name!!

Oooh I have just had a warning appear on my computer screen...INTRUSION ATTEMPT...The attacking IP address will be blocked for 10 minutes....good job I have a Panda installed. I wonder why any one would want to hack into my PC.??? Honestly, haven't paople got anything better to do with their time than to hack in to other peoples pc's...

Now where was I?? Oh yes...LINUS! stop cleaning everything in the house thats got a minute speck of dust on it..and get down off that ladder... I want you in the peak of health when I come on my holiday...not signing on your plaster cast 'cos you've fallen and broken a leg or something...BAD GIRL YOU!!! Oh and I hope your cold/flu gets better really soon. I think If it is no better by Monday then you ought to get it checked out at your g.p.'s.

Hello to everyone I haven't specifically mentioned in this post. All keep well and keep up the good intentions!!
Bye for now!
Love from Teel xx
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 AM   #109  

Weeheeeee!
Fun Day!

The party for my Grandma’s 95th Birthday was very elegant. The church ladies had the tables set with green checkered cloths, crystal vases and pink carnations. They had the silver tea services out. The cake was delish. Multilayered white cake,white icing and layers of kiwi,peaches and strawberries. MMMM. It was very nice to see lots of relatives from far and wide.Cousins came for the weekend from BC, Montreal, Georgian Bay........ old friends, neighbours....
I had a great a visit with some dear old friends.
The freaks didn’t even speak to me, LOL.
I brought crafts for the kids so they were occupied.
Dinner was a buffet feast with amazing chicken,meatballs, pasta, salad.........
Home again, home again.... Our sitter came over and we headed out.
Talk about contrast. As we pulled in the driveway at B&L’s a guy walked past with a giant turkey held by the ankles. I nearly peed my pants. So all the country boys were out in their coveralls, beer in hand about to deepfry and 20lb turkey.Snowmobiles and pickup trucks parked in the yard. There were about 20 of us out in the drive shed, wood stove going, darts and foosball being played and MUCH laughter. I laughed soooo hard for the whole time my stomach hurt. At midnight we ate moose steak, deer sausage and deep fryed turkey, beans and mashed potatoes. I was sorry to come home. It was a wonderful night with friends. DH was carefree and hilarious, just like the guy I fell in love with, LOL.
I asked another Dad to pick up DS for hockey practise this morning at 7 so DH could sleep in.I am on coffee #2.Trying to perk up. I need to prep my SS craft and make something for the potluck.

My goal for this week is to not spend as much time in my head! I am going to try to not overthink things. Diet goals will be the same as the last 2 weeks until I get it right. Improving all the time!

Feeling loved and blessed, wishing you the same!

Teel~ I am feeling the excitement!!!!! I am a little envious but very happy for you!! I cant wait to hear about it all.Only 6 months to go!!

Shad ~ I feel your pain. We spry for fly in April and the fall. Where do they come from?????? Huge mess to clean up. Ick. Better than having them divebomb the dinner table though.

Tig~WOOOOHOOOOO!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #110  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Miss Tig a big congratulations to you!!! So many lovely points!!!
I love the name of the next race...Tooth Trot!! But what a great cause. I have known many children who's parents struggled with $$ for tooh care! Good for you and DH!!

Shad~ Thanks for the tallying work again!! I was wondering though how many times Linus had to say ??WHAT??
Good luck this week with the boys. Hope they still love you by Friday!

Teel I am sooo envious of you!!! Getting not only a bacation but visiting people on the forum!! Bet you'll be counting the days and weeks!! I'm excited just hearing about it!!! I came home from the store with my milk and a bag of apples but never unfolded the list to see the rest!!! Gee......was it Linus forgot her dinner?!?!?!

Holly~ Glad the weekend is going so well for you and the family. I am going to borrow your goal and give it to my DD! jen really needs to spend less time in her HEAD TOO!!!

I am so tired I can't think of anything but old movies and trying to stay awake. So yesterday was just too much. I can always tell the day after if I've been stupid! I will continue to do the bills and paperwork but no cooking at all. There are microwaves and TV dinner and frozen foods of all sorts. And the homemaker she's entitled to or so a message yesterday on my machine said.
but she has enough food for at least 7 days. Guess I should get my house tidied. It still so easy from getting rid of so much junk. I love it!! Have a wonderful new week and keep those beautiful smiles in place!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:00 AM   #111  

good afternoon , i know its early for me but im feeling crap so dont know if ill get back on later so im posting now
TEEL, so glad you now realise you still have to come and put up with my clan for two weeks and are not getting off with not seeing me be unable to see my feet just dont let me tell anyone we met on a diet site they may not want to come and visit the site with me being as big as i will be but well paint the town red green and blue and have such a good time next year were off to shads i think somehow i dont think they would allow you to knock me out for the flight and they dont let drunk people on the planes anymore so relax shad i think your safe from me at least
SHAD sorry you had to e-mail to get me off the phone {bad teel } but so glad you did it was wonderful to talk to you and i think between the two of us we only said "pardon "twice conner has spent all last night and all day telling anyone wholl listen that he got a phonecall from the koala lady last night craig is miffed he missed it but the wee beastie is still with us for the moment
MEL project??? 8 months ??? im intigued and yes it was me that left my shopping at the checkout i was being harrassed by mum shes at the " dont lift dont bend dont do ANYTHING " stage and i dont want to hurt her feelings but for goodness sakes i was working when i was pregnant with craig and conner doing auxiliary in the hospital with craig and the same in the hospice with conner and i did just fine but mothers will be mothers and i do love her loads you and i are so alike mel always on the phone ,doing too much ,always willing to help , and very quickly losing our marbles ,and not bringing home the shopping , at least you didnt buy yours
TIG omg you are so skinny !!!!!!! your family is adorable the kiddies are lovely , and you really have to learn me how to shoot it could possibly teach me how to aim slightly better !! my kids say when mum throws something stand still and she wont possibly hit you
" the queen is pregnant all hail the queen " well done sorry for the wee speach thats how they announce the passing of the monarchy over here but normally its the queen is dead all hail the queen {the new one , weird lot us brits some of the customs should have been put to bed a long time ago} congrats you deserve it the good thing is i get to cheer you all on your challenges and not feel too guilty about not doing one
HOLLY congrats on the weekend and avoiding the "freaks" dh,s party sounds like the kind of thing id like much more up my street i was having a giggle with teel this morning she was telling me that her guide book told her where all the pubs are had to admit i know where all the pubs are and quiet a few that are not mentioned in the guide books when do you ever get time too relax
SUZI well done on being the heir apparent the crown is yours next {unless of course your name is charles } hows thw weekend been ??
ROSE are you back from your second christmas yet????? some people just have enough with one you brave woman you
MEADOW soory luv but ill tell you what i told craig if i end up with twelve of them and run oput of names then ill call them jackson ,antonio , fred ,gucci plus the wee lad down the stairs is called antonio so could be a wee bit confusing {and yes hes so lovely dark hair, dark eyes but im a sucker for 1 year olds }
okay ladies for all not mentioned enjoy the rest of the weekend and if im up to it ill pop in later
kirsty

Last edited by linus; 01-30-2005 at 10:03 AM.
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus
SHAD sorry you had to e-mail to get me off the phone {bad teel
kirsty
HEY NOW!! Tw'asnt ALL me on the phone last night. I know for a fact I watched the last 10 minutes of THE NATIONAL LOTTERYand the entire episode of CASUALTY before I got you on the phone!!!Confess now...you are simply the world number 1 chatterer and we love you all the more for being so!!

I have just completed a 40 minute walk with the dog before the weather turned all grey and miserable. I had to giggle...in the pocket of the coat I put on, I found my mobile phone and a sugar-free toffee from last time I had that coat on..when I took the dog out last Sunday!! I really enjoyed getting home and having a mug of tea...unusual for me who usually only drinks black coffee!!
HOLLYHOCK that cake for grandma sounds absolutely scrumptious!!! Glad the celebrations went off ok. The buffet sounds very good too. Well done you for all thepreperations that were needed to make it all go according to plan.I bet Grandma was thrilled to bits...

Ok thats enough from me for one day...2.posts in less than 12 hrs!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 01:31 PM   #113  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

for someone that said I was taking the day for rest.....I found some incredible amounts of energy!! Must have caught it from linus and Teel. One is on ladders and the other is out and about.
Well the floors are all mopped and Hoovered. dusting is done and recycles are ready for the bin. Harry Potter is on HBO today so all is just grand in my corner of the world! I even have the BR window open a bit! 38*+,,,,,not sure if it's a bit more. At least the sun was out! Between the new baby coming and the expected vacation, I am getting all wound up!!!
Well I better get out of the sandbox and let someone else in. More dust bunnies are calling my name from under the bed!
Tomorrow is Mall Shopping......just in case I disappear
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:00 PM   #114  

No time to stop and chat this morning. The gym, weights and work calls. Just dropping in with the measurements for the month

Weight 72.5/ 72
Upper chest 38.25/ 36.5
Bust 42/ 41
Lower chest 35.5/ 35
Waist 34/34
Upper Hips 39.5/ 40.25
Lower Hips 39.25/ 38.5
Top of Leg 21/ 21
Top of Arm 12.75/ 12.5

Mostly improvement. Long may it last. Catch up on the gossiping, travelling poms and scots, and the galloping, flying yanks not to mention the carefree canucks tonight.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #115  

hi again you might all get bored with me tonight im ill and am not in the mood for doing anything except use my fingers so i used them to order the tea,i used them to put harry potter back on the dvd {comfort dvd instead of comfort food } and now im sitting using my fingers to talk to you all TEEL shad was only trying to get through whilst you were on the phone but in defence i did phone you so what says you well share equal blame well actually calling is what got us into trouble craig starts his prelims tomorrow and hes not worried but guess what ........ i am i know its only the practice exams but craig is the kind of kid if he cant do it the first time he wont try again so im keeping everything crossed that he gets the grades he thinks he should im taking conner to the docs in the morning hes had a dodgy throat for a few weeks now we actually thought his voice was breaking but over the weekend he now has little voice left and his throat is now painfull and as he was only in the hospital three weeks ago to get his grommats done so im worried hes picked something up in there as he did have a breathing tube so off to the docs he goes {just as well we dont pay for docs visits or this month my bill would be huge} then dh reminded me ive got the dentist on thursday and i think i need at least five teeth out and possibly 8 my teeth are just crumbling due o the ostioarthritus and the calcium deficiensy{sp} and the fact that i breast fed both the boys {just dont tell them talk about embarassing} so i must go and then ive got the docs on friday they really will be sick of the sight of me of course thats all if i can get rid of this flu first
right going just now need a shower and ill probably be back again later
kirsty
Old 01-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #116  

well i did warn you id be back again , i was talking to a freind online earlier this evening and she reminded me of all the weight id put on whilst pregnant with craig i went form a size 12 to a 20 and from 9 and a half stone to nearly 17 so i had a think and decieded that my weekly challenges are do-able whilst pregnant i mean its not as if im rock climbing so im joining back in and im also going to start the monthly figures aswell so here they are and you will have to forgive me about the waist and bust measurements they are going to go up no matter what but hopefully the rest will keep going down but i am going to have sundays off so my points will just be out of 12
weight 236 = -1
upper arm=14in
bust = 47 in ++++
waist+45 in +++++
thighs=28in
calf = 17 in
so thats me for this month and i promise i wont be back now night night
kirsty
Old 01-31-2005, 01:26 AM   #117  
Suzi in Auz

A big wave to everyone and i'm sorry i have neglected you all. it's been a "thinking" week. I got myself caught up thinking about the year and stuff...and stuff...and more stuff. Argh! so enough. it's all out and down on paper in the journals and I am feeling purged! ..LOL Oh sorry Kirsty..I do hope you are not still feeling ill.
You have all been so chatty and i loved reading all your bits.
I love the fact that plans are being made for visits and phone calls. It's very special.
A BIG congrats to Tig ...well done on the 12 points.
I'm chomping on your heels. Actually i felt poohey today because one of my goals was not to step on the scales. I surcummbed on Sunday and peeked...i wish i hadn't no damage but I was sure I'd lost lbs!!!! waaah!
Mel ...waving ..you left shopping behind ? oh dear. I can imagine doing this with something I wasn't meant to have like chocolate? peeking into a bag and realising it wasn't there. It would be penance I suppose ...lol
Holly I loved reading about GM's birthday. it all sounded so wonderfully elegant and then to go to a bash for DH...what a hoot! Isn't it great to see them unwind a little. You say you need coffee! You sound so perky! You'll be bouncing soon.

Teel how wonderful you going and having a holiday with kirsty. You two will certainly get up to some mischief. A scot and a brit ...God help us! ..LOL
Shad thank you so much for your labour of love with adding up the points. You really are a wonderful motivator. it's just so good knowing there you will be on a Sunday evening.
Now your #'s are looking good ...look at those skinny legs!
Meadow hi
Happy Hi
candlelady hi
and hugs for everyone!

1 point so far ( weigh and measure day!)
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:45 AM   #118  

Quote:
I'm chomping on your heels. Actually i felt poohey today because one of my goals was not to step on the scales. I surcummbed on Sunday and peeked...i wish i hadn't no damage but I was sure I'd lost lbs!!!! waaah!
Actually Suzi that peek probably cost you a share of the crown here in our thread and on the challenge in the journals. So you did do some damage. Those dratted scales. They are a menace.

I was checking out my graphs that I have set up to keep a visual track of weight loss and inches. In my journal I have put down what I was last January and what I am now. There are some good results there, and I feel quite proud of myself when I see how far I have come, and some self doubt when I see how far I have yet to go as well. But let's just let time get on with it. It is going to be slow. It has never been anything else and because I refuse to go on any diet which restricts the foods that I eat rather than the amounts that I eat, it will continue to be slow.

Teel, my friend, if you are going to ring me, I leave home by 0500 hours to go to the gym and then go to work. I am usually home by 1630 or sometimes half an hour later. Am I in trouble????? Is that why you are ringing me.

Linus, may I take you up on the offer of taking over these challenges after this week. I will be starting to work longer hours shortly and simply won't have time to add up the points etc. Anyway, it will be good to get some new ideas in there.

Now talking about the challenge this week. Who is in and who is out. Because I am running late, we will take it from Monday for the Americans and Canadians, Scots, Poms etc and from Tuesday for those participating downunder. Finish sunday/monday. After that you have Linus to wield the whip.

So at least the temps were bearable if still hot today. A shower of rain cooled it a bit around midday. Tomorrow is supposed to only be 32. Goody.

Okay, I am off to get the dishes done, the ironing finished and an early night - well around 10pm anyway. Catch you later.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:25 AM   #119  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Challenge

This week is race training week so I do need to keep up the 30 minutes of running or walking. My second one - I've gotten away from doing my physical therapy exercises, so I'll add that.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:38 AM   #120  

[QUOTE=Shad]

Teel, Am I in trouble????? Is that why you are ringing me.

Well not that I am aware of...but it sounds like you have a guilty consciense! I just thought you sounded a mite fed up and thought I would give you a ring. I meant to get to you earlier but someone rang me..(no I don't think it was Kirsty!) and I didn't get back to do it until much later...also, me being of the mercenary type...I get free phone calls on Saturdays ans Sundays so I thought I would make the most of the opportunity. So no panic.

In fact I have not altered in weight one ounce!! I am exactly the same as I was last Monday so I am not a happy person, to say the least.
So I see Miss Kirsty is about to be let lose with our weekly challenges... Does that mean we can have a week off when she goes in to labour??? Or the fortnight that I am with her??!! He he he he!!Oh dear I just had a thought...with Miss Crack-Whip looking at everything I eat for a fortnight I had better not eat anything even remotely off plan!! Kirsty's got the absolute bona-fide excuse to put on weight!! . Well done for taking on the challenge.Good on you Linus I am sure you will step into Shad's shoes perfectly.

Er Mel..what's a "BR WINDOW"? Please do tell!!

Suzi...well done on your very good 11 points. I am sorry you didn't lose any weight though! I know it is VERY frustrating!! And like you, I am often tempted to get on the scales during the week, especially if it is a morning when I actually feel lighter in myself!! And the result is always the same...I have usually lost a lb or so midweek and then when it comes to proper weigh-in day I am back to where it was the week before!!! Don't lose heart my friend...we are all on this together!!!

Ok for this weeks challenge
1. To ACTUALLY get "The Diamond Video" out of its packet and perhaps do some of the excercises...this will be a major undertaking for me!
2.to lose 1lb at least...heres hoping!