Old 12-03-2004, 06:47 PM   #76  

Smile

Hi everyone,
Sorry about the absence. I know I always promise to do better, but at least I am consistent about being inconsistent . I didn't really go anywhere, but life has been very hectic lately. My 20-year old neice moved into my basement this past weekend and I have been trying to clean up the basement and create a space for her. My basement was the repository of every piece of junk I had ever collected, so it was a challenge to clear some living space for her. Now she's got a great place now, but the other half of my basement is...well, there are really no words to describe. I have a three day weekend, so I hope to beat it into submission . I have been pretty good about staying on program and am down 42 pounds, so I feel I am in a pretty good place going into the Christmas season. I only need to lose 3 more pounds to make my goal of being under 300 by the new year .

Kathy - thanks for keeping our thread alive! No I didn't get snowed in. We didn't get much and alot of it has melted. I'm still waiting for our first big dump! I love the winter months because I really kind of hate yardwork, so the snow is my excuse - and a pretty good excuse if I say so myself! I'm glad to hear your knee is better. How's the back?? I'm with you in doing the flex plan. The whole concept of stopping eating when you are satisfied is so foreign to me. I simply don't trust myself yet. Maybe in another hundred pounds or so.

Michelle - Welcome! I think it's great you have friends at work to support your WW efforts. I share an office with three other women, and two of the three joined my WW meeting after they saw me doing so well. It gives the extra support/encouragement between meetings that can make all the difference.

SheriaVa - Welcom back! I'm a little nervous about the gym, but I am going to check it out anyway. I don't know how I am going to work it into the budget, but I don't feel like I can afford not to. I need to keep my metabolism up and the only way I know is the exercise. Bummer! Congratulations on the 1-1/2 down. That's an accomplishment, especially this time of year.

Skimmingsi - sorry I'm not a guy, but I was raised with six brothers and was a pretty serious tomboy growing up. Does that help? Congratulations on the continued weight loss!

Torrey - Welcome! Losing weight without exercising and following programs are what I like to call "Gimmees". Unfortunately, it always catches up eventually. Have you tried another meeting with a different leader? Sometimes the leader can make all the difference. But then again meetings aren't for everyone. Good luck with the exercise - I find that even harder than eating right.

Have a great weekend everyone - and stay strong!
JanetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #77  

Hi everyone,
Just bringing our thread up to the top and checking in. I woke up all motivated to clean my house, but I have kind of lost it. I should get out to take a walk because it is kind of mild out today. But of course that would me doing actual exercise! Okay, no excuses. I'm off!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #78  

I had a TOTALLY lazy day...I'm just disgusted with myself. And yet, some sort of bug has been trying to nab me the past few days and maybe I just needed to give myself time to stop and rest. Naaahhh. LOL

Really, I know it's okay to just veg sometimes but I hate when I waste a whole weekend day doing it when there is so much else that needs to be done. Bleh.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #79  

SheriaVa - I am so with you. I have a three day weekend and had all these visions of getting things organized so the holidays wouldn't be so hectic. It's almost noon and I haven't done anything other than watch an old X-files program on cable and eat breakfast. I just can't seem to get it going. I'm eating like a slug too. Gotta get busy!
Old 12-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #80  

I dunno how many of you check out the Skinny Daily News with any regularity, but this week's essay was especially wonderful. It's about NSVs or "non scale victories"--i.e., finding a way to claim a victory in your fight for better health and lower weight even when the scale isn't moving. Lord knows, I needed to read this...because the scale has NOT been my friend this year, despite doing all the right things.

This is not to say, however, that I "do the right things" 100% of the time. I am human. I fail sometimes. And last night was a doozy. I am usually SO CONSCIOUS of what I am eating...or about to eat. But, now and then, this other person will just enter my body and take over. This is what happened last night when I not only CALLED Dominoes to order a pizza but proceeded to eat WAY too much of said pizza. So not only was I disgusted with myself about a day of non-productivity, but then I went and crowned it off with overeating. I really do not know who I am sometimes! SHEESH

Last edited by SheriaVa; 12-05-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #81  

Hope all is well with everyone! Had a loss this week, so officially 10.8 lbs. down.

Janet: I have made a pledge to get some form of workout done each day, whether it's a walk, treadmill intervals, tapes or dancing around the house!!! Something to get the heart beating and the metabolism rising!!!

SheriaVA: absolutely, positively do not beat yourself up over the other night. You are human as you said and as humans we do function without perfection. In fact, our bodies are supposed to be geared to function on imperfection. Someone told me that sometimes after working whatever program you are doing "perfectly", a surefire jumpstart is to be "imperfect". That prevents you body from plateau. Okay not saying that we all should binge regularly, but you get the idea.

You have done an amazing job, per your stats and I don't believe that having pizza one night is going to bring those 36 lbs. back. Good luck to you and keep up the good fight!

Torrey
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #82  

Default hi

hey singles! welcome torrey! i am back amongst the living, though over the weekend i certainly didn't feel it. i finally caught the flu bug and was so sick all weekend i could barely make it from bedroom to bathroom. it was awful. today i am feeling better. i only went to work for a couple of hours and decided to come home and take it easy one more nite.

i did join ww last thursday and did good that day and friday till i got sick late friday nite. i haven't done the plan over the weekend but i really didn't eat much anyways being sick. today i had some soup and i plan on getting back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

torrey - congrats on the 10.8 lbs gone 4-ever!

sheriva - i know all about laziness. i had all these big plans over the weekend and did absolutely none. i was just too wiped out. i guess next weekend will be the weekend to get things done. i don't know who that alien is that gets into our bodies but they must be from the same planet. i think we need to kick some alien butt to the curb and get motivated.

janet - i'm glad to see you're back. i think i have the right mindset to work ww this time. i just had that little setback of being sick. i couldn't keep anything down. yesterday the scale showed a loss of 5lbs but that was due to dehydration i'm sure. back on track tomorrow.

well, enough ramblin' for now. have a good monday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:17 AM   #83  

Torrey: Thanks for the support re my pizza binge! I know the reality is that, sometimes, I'm going to stumble...we all are. I've gotten MUCH better about not beating myself up for the little stumbles, but the big ones are tough. At my age and with my metabolism, every pound of weight is a monster to battle, so I can't afford to gain. Not losing is one thing...I've been dealing with that a lot this year (plateauing), but gaining...that's another!

Kathy: I'm so sorry you were ill...sounds awful! I have not been feeling great over the last week myself...not sick per se but feeling like a bug is trying to bring me down. So far, I've been able to outrun it! So glad you are feeling better now!!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #84  

Default hi

hey everyone! it is a rainy miserable day here in ny. i decided to take advantage since i was up early. i got my cleaning done so that is one less thing i have to do this saturday. i am back on my ww program today as i am feeling much better.

sheriva - i hope you don't catch what i had. i wouldn't wish that on anyone.

well, thought i'd check in before work. have a good day!
kathy
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #85  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

well i have assended form the dregs of society to being a gainfully employed tax paying citizen lol and i start tomorrow
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #86  

Congrats on the job, slimmingsi!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 PM   #87  

Default hi

hi singles! congrats slimmingsi on the new job and good luck!!

tomorrow is my first weigh-in and i'm afraid with being sick it is not going to be good so i'm a little nervous. i'm going to start trying a little exercise and see how my aches and pains feel. i'm going to start slow because i don't want to over do it.

how is everyones holiday preperations coming along??? only 16 days left!!

have a happy humpday!
kathy
Old 12-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
i'm going to start slow because i don't want to over do it.
That is very wise! I have learned the hard way that overdoing it too soon can have dire consequences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
how is everyones holiday preperations coming along???
Well I'm not QUITE as panicked as I have been. I have some of my Christmas cards done but those for my family and closest friends left to buy and send. I don't have many gifts bought, but 3 of the 4 of the friends I exchange gifts with have not only agreed to scale back on gifts this year but have given me wish lists or ideas for presents that can be bought online. YAY!

I'm hoping to get the tree up this weekend. I just have a little artificial one and I already got it out of the storage room, just haven't gotten it up yet.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #89  

Hi everyone! How is your week going? Mine is better! Down 3 pounds total since coming here. I had a little setback over Thanksgiving but I'm more determined than ever now. It seems like even one tiny bad choice sabotages my whole diet. But I know that and have to make good choices. Good luck to everyone this week. We all have the power within us to do this. This board is such a motivation!
Shelbi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #90  

Way to go, Shelbi!!! Congrats! I'm glad you find the board to be a motivating factor for you! It's wonderful to have support from people who understand the struggle!