Old 11-27-2004, 11:03 PM   #61  

Default hi

hey singles! i had a very nice day off. the parade of lights was beautiful as usual. it is a nice way to kick off the holiday season. next weekend is what we call "sparkle". a lot of vendors, food, etc. it is a lot of fun. they have an afternoon session for little kids and the nite is mostly for adults.

slimmingsi - what a great job you have done so far. i guess your own plan is working great for you. i can't do atkins because i just can't give up those carbs.

janet - those morning hours will be great for your workout and it will be nice for you to have that support from your brother. how much snow did you get?? i like the first few snows but after that i've had enough. when the weather is nasty i have a whole collection of videos to exercise to. that is when i'm able to again.

well, i'm off to sleep early tonite. it's been a long day. nite!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default newbie

Hello everyone...My name is Michelle im 26yrs no kids ad not married..And wanting the new challenge of losing my weight so i can be me again..over the years i have gained more and more weight stepped on the scale and saw a number that wa too high for my own comfort 227 ..it would be nice to be able to share stories and support with people going through life also..Hope to get to know everyone and share laughs and cries with other singles..
Michiemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:15 PM   #63  

Default hi

hi michelle! welcome aboard! i am in the same boat! do you have any ideas or plans on how you want to lose yet??? i try to follow weight watchers, but i'm not being very successfull right now. i am going to join the meeting this week. i think i need that support to get me going good. i am having a hard time exercising right now due to injuries so that is discouraging.

well, thought i'd check in! i hope everyone has a good week. i know it's going to be hard to get back on track after a holiday!
kathy
Old 11-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #64  

Hi Kathy nice to meet you

I'm going to start weight watchers on weds..I would start sooner but you know the whole work thing just gets in the way..But i'm going to try to start walking in the morning before work or maybe after work depending on the weather little chilly for southern califnoria lately..

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 11-29-2004, 12:27 PM   #65  

Default hi

happy monday to all! i guess now we are on the way to xmas!! let the shopping begin!

i just got back from pt and i'm actually feeling pretty good today. the dr. was right about the knee to let it settle down. it is not hurting as much. i will always have to take special care with it though.

michelle - i totally understand the work thing. i work 2 jobs. my full time job is second shift and there is only one daytime ww meeting on thursdays so in order to join i will have to adjust a few things but i'm going to do it. maybe both being new we can compare notes. are you a returning member or new to ww?? i've been there umpteen times but it has always worked. i just have to stick to it!

janet - did you get snowed in??

well, i am off to do some cooking for the week! have a good day!
kathy
Old 11-29-2004, 10:58 PM   #66  

Hi everyone

Kathy- good thing your knee is hurting as much..I'm going to be a total newbie to weight watchers..There is a few people and work that are on it and are doing well...2 others of my friends at work that are going 1 started like 4 weeks ago and 2nd friend start like 2 weeks ago ..we are putting together a little in work support group for each other to keep each other on track or just be there for when we need each other..I told them about the site and about the forums..

Well night everyone..have a good tuesday
Old 11-30-2004, 12:11 PM   #67  

Default hi

hellooo! where are the rest of the singles?? busy, busy,busy! holiday time is here.

michelle - looks like me and you....are your ww buddies doing the flex plan or the core plan??? i think i'm going to do the flex because i need all the structure i can get right now. we are picking a bad time to start with the holiday season upon us. but really for me any time would be a bad time with all the excuses i make up. good luck with joining! tomorrow isn't it??

have a good tuesday!
kathy
Old 11-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #68  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

well i'm 6lb down so only about 38 to go then i'll be fighting fit literally hehehe
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:22 AM   #69  

Hi singles, I'm hoooooooome!

WOW! Look at all the new folks since I was gone over Thanksgiving! COOL! Welcome Cinisha, Slimmingsi and Mishiemish!! I love seeing new faces on our thread! More people to share with and learn from!

Janet: Pumpkin pie remorse! HA! I love that! When I first started working out at the gym in January 1999, it was SO crowded and I was discouraged. But the physical trainer told me "Don't worry...most of these are resolutioners...by mid-February, they'll be gone and you'll have room to breathe." I thought...wow, that is a sad truth of our society! So many of us go like gangbusters starting January 1 with our resolutions but fall off the wagon in a few weeks or months. And we do that year after year. I'm so glad I've broken that cycle and am living healthy all the time now!

P.S. It's my dearest friends who live in Delaware.

Cinisha: I ditto the others' advice to not skip meals, especially breakfast. I also suggest that you eat smaller meals more often instead of larger meals less often. When I started eating healthy last summer, I adopted the philosophy that has been promoted by many health and fitness professionals, which is to have 5-6 small meals every day (actually, it is more like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner). You eat about every 2-3 hours and try to have a combination of protein and carbs at each "meal." I don't always manage that...sometimes my snack is just a piece of fruit and sometimes it's a piece of fruit and a few bites of cheese. I suggest drinking LOTS of water and trying to eat as much fiber as possible (though it's good to work up to that so your body has a chance to adapt). High fiber cereals and fresh veggies are good fiber choices.

Slimmingsi: Congrats on the marvelous weight loss! Good to have you here.

Mishie: Good luck on Weight Watchers!

I hope you all had a marvelous Thanksgiving holiday. Mine was quiet and restful. I had a little of everything I wanted, but kept portion sizes under control. I actually came back from 4 1/2 days out of town weighing LESS than when I left on Thanksgiving morning, so I'm pleased!
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #70  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

thanks all for making me welcome as you can see on my details at the side of this i've actually been on here for nearly 2 years!!!! but onlyl started putting myself about (no pun intended) since the mens forum got shut down. its kinda difficult with me as the only single 20somthing male in this community :'(
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #71  

Default hi

welcome back sheriva! i'm glad you had a good time. and good job on coming back lighter. we've missed you.

slimmingsi - great job on those 6lbs gone forever!! i'm sorry your forum got shut down but lucky for us because now you're here! it's always good to have a male perspective.

michelle - how did ww go?

today is just another day, nothing exciting to report. i am still feeling better physically so i hope it keeps getting better. tomorrow i join ww. well, i have to go to work.

have a happy humpday!
kathy
Old 12-02-2004, 03:31 PM   #72  

We've been on page 2 all day so I thought I'd give us a boost back up to page 1 to make us easier to find!

I am down 1 1/2 pounds since Thanksgiving morning. I dunno what I've done differently but I sure hope it continues cuz I had gained 2 pounds over the past month or so and was very much in need of a loss!!

Hope you guys are having a great week.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #73  

Hello, all! My name is Torrey, I'm 30, not married and no children. I usually post on the CORE Weight Watchers thread and came across this one today. I'm all about 'Singles Supporting Singles'!!!!! I have been on WW since the end of September and have had a steady loss until last week, when I had my first gain. This had nothing to do with the program, but my becoming extremely lax. I was doing the program w/2 or 3 "free" days a week and no exercise, I had a good run of luck but this has finally caught up with me.

Anyway, I love this site b/c of the amazing support (which you can not have too much of) and the great ideas. I only go to WW to pick up new literature and to weigh-in, I find that I personally don't get much out of the meetings.

Thank you for adding this thread!!!
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:05 AM   #74  

Welcome, Txlawchic! We love to see new faces!

I wasn't sure if I read your post correctly...did you mean that you have not exercised at all since you've been on WW or just on those 2 or 3 "free" days per week? Just curious, cuz if you've been doing well losing weight with no exercise, you really ARE a lucky one!

Of course, you're also 30, so you probably still have a faster metabolism. Once you get past age 40 or so, you won't be able to count on that anymore, unfortunately! I didn't start this journey until I was 50 1/2 and it has been a real challenge. The older you get, the more your metabolism slows down...and when you have yo-yo dieted your whole life as I have, that only makes it worse. I really see now what a disservice I did to my body and my health by going on and off diets for so many years! I've been at this for almost a year and a half now and I hope to make it forever this time!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #75  

Thank you for the welcome, SheriaVa! Congratulations on your weight loss success!!!! Very inspirational. Since turning 30, I have been on a mission to make the loss a smart and permanent thing, especially since I've heard the older you get the harder it is, but you are doing exceptionally well!!! Congrats again!!

I've had virtually no workouts since starting WW, maybe 2 :45 minute walks and a couple of :20 minute treadmill visits, oh and I did Pilates once. ; ) I've just been incredibly lazy and I know from past experience that my weight loss works better with workouts. But I think I have just be high on the fact that I was losing without the gym. The loss would have been more and I would be closer to my monthly goal if I had worked out, but 'you live and you learn'!!! So, I'm back in the gym. Wish me luck!!!
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote