3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 11-13-2004, 03:51 AM   #31

Hallelujah, it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everybody? I'm so glad it's the weekend. I've got friends staying with me tonight and we went out to dinner and a movie. We ended up at the Souplantation (do you all have those? It's a GIANT salad bar). Remind me never, ever to go there on a Friday night! It's experiences like that that make me question my desire for children. Whatever happened to discipline?! There were rug rats EVERYWHERE. Ugh. What a nightmare. On the plus side, I ate very healthy things and stayed away from all bread products, creamy soups, fattening dressings, and pasta salads. Yay! We saw the new Bridget Jones movie. I loved the first one and really liked this one too, but I'm sad to say the book was a lot better. Oh, well. I still had fun.

Gosh, Kathy! Your new house sounds like it's pretty remote. Are you out in the country? I bet it's pretty, but uufortunately the price is fewer services. Bummer!

Janet! Two more pounds!!! HOORAY! Well done! Keep up the good work!

SheriaVa, I'm a terrible housekeeper too. I got a cleaning person who comes every two weeks. I think I'd give up buying food, before I'd give up them! Best money I spend all month. I haven't heard of FlyLady-- I'll check it out!

Hey, Shelbi, I'm coming to TX next week! Order some good weather for me if you can. Sooo many things can influence weight fluctuations that you just have to keep making good choices and know that it will show soon... That's little consolation when the scale doesn't seem to budge, I know!

On the cleaning front, I made it through all my bathroom cabinets and 7 kitchen cupboards. I should be all organized in a few weeks!

Take care you all and have a lovely Saturday!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:38 PM   #32

Hi everyone! Woke up to a bright, beautiful, sunny day, so the first thing I did was get out and get may walk out o fthe way. Was a bit cold, but once I got moving it wasn't so bad. Now I can be a total veg the rest of the day - I wish. The house is trashed and I had to bring some work home and I have stained glass homework, and I want to take a page from Skinny's book and tackle my closet and...the list is too depressing. I have heard of that flylady thing and perhaps I will try it. Isn't the number one motto "Keep the sink clean?" or something like that? Well my kitchen sink is clean, but not much else! ANyway, just wanted to check in and catch up - Now I gotta get off the computer and to work! Wish me luck! Have a great weekend everyone!

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you" - Emerson

358/346/319/150
HW/SW/CW/GW
JanetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetG
I have heard of that flylady thing and perhaps I will try it. Isn't the number one motto "Keep the sink clean?" or something like that? Well my kitchen sink is clean, but not much else!
Yea, her #1 motto is "Shine your sink!" But it's not so much about the sink itself as it is about having routines and feeling like you have some control instead of living in chaos.

I wish I was like you and could say my kitchen sink is clean, but it usually is the worst thing in my apartment! I spent much of my Thursday holiday in the kitchen so it IS clean now but doesn't stay that way all the time.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #34

Default hi

Well, unfortunately the weekend is over. i hope everyone had a good one. mine was pretty much standard as usual. i just finished watching a movie called "The Day after Tomorrow". i think it was awesome. i recommend it to everyone. the effects were great too. my regular show "Desperate Housewives" isn't on this tonite due to music awards.

i have a busy week ahead with pt and other appts. i have been doing a little walking and it hasn't hurt my knee too much. i took my dog down to the river dike a couple of times this weekend. she can run free and i can walk along in the grass. i think that is easier on me than sidewalks. i didn't walk too fast but it felt good to move a little.

well, i hope you all have a good week!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:51 PM   #35

Hi all...just checking in. I'm up two pounds today...not sure what is going on! I really think this is somewhat hormonal. Getting my thyroid levels checked this week. I almost hope something is wrong to explain this. I eat right and still gain weight. It's very frustrating, as i'm sure you all understand but I'm gonna hang in there. I know that's just how it goes for me sometimes. up some, then down....

I hope you all have a good week and continue to make good choices. It makes it easier knowing I have someone to answer to!

Janet....it's 61 around Houston today. I don't know where you're going to in TX but it can be 70 in Corpus and 40 in Dallas at the same time! I'm hoping for good weather for your visit.

SW 156
CW 153
GW by Dec 25! 145

Height 5'4"
Age 36
Shelbi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #36

oops...sorry Skinny - i hope YOU have good weather for your visit. Got the names turned around!

SW 156
CW 153
GW by Dec 25! 145

Height 5'4"
Age 36
Shelbi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #37

Hi everyone - another Monday gone and I am alive to tell about it. Work was very hectic. I am the head of my department (a very small department of 4) and two of the four people were out. So of course it's my job to do the work of all three people and keep things running smoothly. Of course, that was impossible so I will have to go in early tomorrow and try to catch up. Yuck!

No time to officially exercise today, but I did rake leaves for 1-1/2 hours after work, so that should count for something. We'll just call it upper body weight training and be happy!

Kathy - take your walking one day at a time. It may only be a short distance today, but with the PT and daily strolls, your muscles supporting your aching joints will strengthen and before you know it you will be walking longer and longer. Baby steps!

SkinnyBoPeep - You are just blowing through those 250's!! Good job! I wish I had someone to clean my house. My neice was doing some cleaning for my father to make some extra money for college. I told my sister to let her know that if she wanted to make some more money, that I'd pay here to come down to my house and clean. Her response? "Gee, Mom, I don't want to work that hard!" I wouldn't say I was a slob but...all your organizing is putting the guilts on me. I have good intentions, but you know what they say about the path to **** being paved with good intentions? Well, I've paved a 10 lane highway!

Shelbi - that has to be the most frustrating experience of weight loss - doing everything right and still not losing weight. Hold tough. If you keep with it the weight has to come off. Sometimes our bodies just make us work extra hard for it.

SheriVa- don't envy my clean sink. It doesn't generally stay clean for very long. I try to shame myself into cleaning by imagining my friends stopping over unannounced. If they wanted to use my bathroom, I would be mortified. They'd be better off using the one at the SuperAmerica down the street. Life's too short to be worried about housework. As long as the health department doesn't knock on my door, I'm cool.

Stay strong people!! Have a good Tuesday.

358/346/319/150
HW/SW/CW/GW
Old 11-16-2004, 01:41 PM   #38

Default hi

hey there! how is everyone today?? i actually woke up with one of those once in a blue moon days when my knee and back feel pretty good today. i cherish these days. i went to therapy then took my dog for a 15 min walk. it is a beautiful day here too. they predicted around 50 yesterday and today but i think it is high 50's at least. feel like a nice fall day.

janet - i hope your work day is quieter today. i would definitely count 1.5 hours of raking exercise. as long as you are moving.

shelbi - maybe those 2.bs are water weight. i go up and down all the time. it's a never ending battle.

i am in the process of making hawaiian pork chops. the recipe sounded good. pineapple, brown sugar twin, and a little nutmeg. i'll let you know how it comes out.

well, i better keep movin' while i'm still feeling ambitious.
have a good tuesday!
kathy
Old 11-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetG
Life's too short to be worried about housework. As long as the health department doesn't knock on my door, I'm cool.
teehee...you took the words right outta my mouth, girl!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #40

Hi all
Our thread was getting pretty far down on the list, so I thought I'd check in and move it back up. I'm kind of on a plateau right now, actually I took a page out of Shelbi's book and am up 2 pounds. I'm trying not to get too wigged out about it though, 'cuz my body likes to do this to me. As long as I stay on track, it comes off eventually. It's disappointing though.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'll check back tomorrow!

358/346/319/150
HW/SW/CW/GW
Old 11-21-2004, 12:13 AM   #41

Our thread fell off the first page so I thought I'd bump it up. Wonder if everyone is travelling for the holiday week or just busy cleaning and shopping for the big day.

I had a REALLY productive day today. Started with a a 1 1/2-hour powerwalk and then went immediately into an AIM chat with a couple of ladies I know from the net. We would do 10 mins of chat and then 20 mins of cleaning...and we did that for HOURS. I got my whole bathroom cleaned and loads of other things done. I feel GREAT! (but tired!)

Hope everyone is well!
Old 11-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #42

Default hi

hey singles! sorry i haven't posted most of the week. i've been really busy with dr's appts and such. yesterday my dad has a stroke and i've been very stressed out. they are in florida and there's not much i can do right now besides pray for his strength back. right now i'm killin' time waiting for my mom to call. i thought maybe if i would surf a while to get my mind off things a little. when it rains it pours.

sheriva-that is a good way to break up cleaning and take a break. my only problem would be i couldn't get away from the computer.

janet - i'm sure those 2lbs will disappear in no time. actually they are probably gone as i type.

well, i'm going to find something to do. i actually have hte whole day off and i'm going stir crazy. i will check in soon.
kathy
Old 11-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #43

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's stroke. How scary. Let us know how you and your dad are doing... I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your family!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #44
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hi singles,

I didn't know y'all existed! I was reading the announcement thread and noticed the link.
I usually stick pretty close to home over at the SUGAR BUSTER corner of the
world.
I've been a member here for a while, but I have to confess.....I rarely leave
that area!

I'm 52yrs old, live in Sarasota, Florida and it's getting to that time of the year where the weather is tolerible. I love fall and winter! I would so rather throw on a sweater anytime!

I'm originally from Kentucky, but as you can see from my avatar, I'm a HUGE TENNESSEE FAN! If any of you have visited our board, then you've noticed that we have quite the competition during football season!

I've recently resumed a phone and email relationship with someone who I was involved with for twelve years. We've exchanged current pictures, but I'm a little nervous about seeing him. He still lives in Kentucky, so him dropping in
isn't likely.

I hope that y'all don't mind my joining your group...it's just what I need right now. I'm looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you!

Later

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #45

Hi everyone,
Sorry I have been such a slug about posting. Life has been hectic and crazy and a little overwhelming. Work is testing every one of my nerves right now. We are in the middle of some big changes and I'm not getting a lot of support from my immediate supervisors and am letting it cast a grey cloud over my whole life. I have to learn that perfectionism is overrated and that it IS JUST A JOB!

I have let my diet and exercise slide alot. I don't think I am eating too bad but I'm not tracking, but exercise has flown out the window. I have already decided that I am going to allow myself to eat whatever I want at Thanksgiving dinner with the understanding that I will get right back on plan the second dinner is over. At least it will be at my brothers house and I can leave all the leftovers there. I really need to just buckle down again and not start losing ground.

Kathy - I'd like to add my prayers to those of SKinnyBoPeep for the quick recovery of your father. It must be agonizing being so far away. Aren't you scheduled to go visit in a few weeks? I hope everything is going okay.

BOB - welcome! There's always room for one more. Can't say I follow too much football, but feel free to try to convert me. I can sympathize with being nervous about meeting an old friend again. I saw my old highschool boyfriend in the local target, but I have gained a hundred + pounds since highschool and I was too embarassed to let him see me and ducked down another aisle. It takes alot of courage to put yourself out there. Good luck.

SkinnyBoPeep - welcome back from your trip. I see that the 250's will soon be a thing of the past for you. Congrats! You are smokin'!

SheriVa - you are inspiring. A power walk and cleaning in one day!! For me, it would be one or the other (or more likely, neither! ). At heart I'm a worldclass couch potato. I signed up for flylady, but I got 22 e-mails the first day! Scary!! It's dropped off, but I still can't get it started. I'm just not very dedicated to anything right now. But I still want to give it a go, so I'll keep trying.

Well, time to hit the sack. Take care and stay strong!

358/346/319/150
HW/SW/CW/GW