Old 01-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #181  

Kathy, I read Passing for Thin just before Peg did and I think it would be very helpful to most folks who have weight to lose, are in the process of losing or have already lost. There are things I don't respect about how Frances lost her weight, or about Frances as a person, and there were even aspects of the writing that I didn't like, but I felt that the content of her book was well worth the read...especially as it relates to the psychology of being heavy and how we are treated by society and how all our problems are definitely NOT solved just by becoming thin (she found that she just had a whole new set of problems when she got thin).

Aside from that, my week is going okay. Work-wise, I have been having a harried, busy time and kind of an attitude problem. But I had a good day yesterday in that I got two compliments at work (about my weight loss) from a coworker who has never mentioned it before and also got compliments at dinner last night with some old friends I hadn't seen in a long while. Though I haven't been losing lately (and have been really bummed about it), they all remarked on how great I looked, so it lifted my spirits a lot.

Peg, I've been told (back when I was still actively "looking" for a man) that it wouldn't happen while I was looking but only when I least expected it. Well, I stopped looking YEARS ago and it still hasn't happened! Granted, I live a pretty solitary life and I don't go out to bars or clubs anymore (plus my workplace is predominantly female) so there really aren't many opportunities for me to meet the kind of men that I'm interested in. But I figure if it is meant to be, it will happen. In the meantime, life goes on! I really question whether, at my age and all these years alone, I really could sustain a long-term relationship and especially a live-in one.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #182  

Hi All,
Well it has been a pretty hectic couple of weeks since I last posted. Since my last posting I have lost weight but my adherence to my "diet" has lessened, I am not as bad as before but I am not doing as well as I could.
I laughed when I read the postings by SheriaVa and corningkat regarding seeming intimidating. I am a combination of both I come off as unapproachable because I am quiet! In my case I think I became unapproachable as a self-protective mechanism. I am trying to change this but it is a pretty hard habit to unlearn!
chica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:39 AM   #183  

Default hi

hi singles! the weekend is over already. can't believe it. it goes by sooo fast.
i got my new toy tonite finally. a playstation 2. i've been waiting for them to get some in at wally world. now i have to go to another walmart to get the dancing game i want. i got a few games with it tonite. it's funny how gaming technology has changed so much since we were kids. i am quite rusty, but i'll get the hang of it with practice.

sheriva - when i get some time to the book store, i'll check that book out. i already have a stack of books i haven't read yet. i keep buying them and don't find time to sit and read them.

chica - welcome back! it's been pretty quiet around here. i totally understand your defense mechanism theory. been hurt too many times. i spent some time this weekend with that guy i was refering to in an earlier post. i guess he likes me but it's hard to get him to talk. i guess he gets so nervous he clams up. i'll have to work on making him feel more comfortable around me. i'm in no hurry anyway.

have a good week singles!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #184  

Default hi

hi singles! giving us a bump up again. i am killing some time so i thought i'd check in.

sheriva - do you think we should start a new thread? this is getting very long again. maybe a new thread would bring some newbies in also.

have a good tuesday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:38 AM   #185  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

wednesday calling morning all i'm bored lonely and depressed
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingsi
wednesday calling morning all i'm bored lonely and depressed
Si! Good to see you! Sorry to hear you are feeling down, though.

Kathy...sure thing...I'll set us up a new thread and see if I can remember how to link it back to this one.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #187  

Okay, we've got a new singles thread (#3) started. It links back to this one and now you can link forward from this one to THAT one.