Old 12-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #91  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

no new job lasted 2 days then decided if i wanted to work with the mentally and socially challanged i'd be a social worker there place was full of nutters with imaginary friends and i'm not joking so i left
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:43 AM   #92  

Default hi

hi singles! i had my first ww weigh in and i'm down 1.5. not a lot but a good start i'm happy with. i've been talking with someone on the exercise board about something on playstation 2 called "dance dance revolution". i've decided that is going to a xmas gift to myself. it is a game that has a pad on the floor with arrows and you try to step(dance) on arrows as they come up on the tv screen. sounds like a fun way to get exercise. and i've read lots of stories about how much weight kids and adults alike are losing doing it.

slimmingsi - sorry about the job. if it wasn't something you were comfortable with then you did the right thing. i will keep my fingers crossed you find something you like.

shelbi - yeah on the 3 lbs gone ever! woohoo!!!! it's funny how a tiny setback can change our whole mindset, but then make us have stronger resolve. it is all mind tricks that we can beat together!!!

sheriva - i have done some shopping. i'm going to try to finish this weekend. i have so many appts next week and then the following week i have to get packed for my trip. let the craziness begin!!!

have a good friday everyone!!!!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingsi
no new job lasted 2 days then decided if i wanted to work with the mentally and socially challanged i'd be a social worker there place was full of nutters with imaginary friends and i'm not joking so i left
You didn't know you would be working with the mentally and socially challenged when you interviewed for the job? Or you knew and thought you could handle it but the reality was worse than you thought?
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #94  
Becomming a Monster

i didn't know it was only working in a wharehouse caging up stuff for a supermarket chain and there was some right weird people there with special friends no one else could see.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:47 PM   #95  

Ah. I never was very good with the Brit sense of humor. See, I thought you really were working with handicapped people.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:13 AM   #96  
Becomming a Monster

nnnnnnnooooooooooooo don't have the patience for that lol
Old 12-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #97  

Default yea!!!!

i'm done, i'm done, i'm done....with xmas shopping that is. i finished it all tonite in one fell swoop. whewwww! now onto the wrapping....

my friend and i took her grandkids (both 3 yrs old) to 2 xmas parties today. i really blew that diet big time. and i did it without a 2nd thought till tonite. now i am mad at myself. i am going to jump back on tomorrow for sure. that will give me 5 good days till weigh-in to hopefully undo any damage.

how is everyone else's weekend going??
kathy
Old 12-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #98  

Default hi

just bringing us back to the first page......
Old 12-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #99  

Sure has been quiet here this week, hasn't it? Well, 'tis the season. Everyone is no doubt running to and fro trying to get all the "stuff" done. I'm about to leave the house to do some of that "stuff" myself in a few minutes. Hopefully, the LAST of it! I can't wait to have it DONE and get rid of the stress of having it over my head!

Eating- and exercise-wise, doing okay. A week ago today, I hit the highest weight I've been since about June--very depressing. But maybe it was just water weight, because I quickly lost 1 1/2 pounds of it. Now I'm battling to get back down under 150. I've been doing that wonderful up a little, down a little thing for a month or two now and it's really REALLY annoying.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:11 PM   #100  

Default hi

hi singles!! just got back from some last minute shopping things. trying to get organized for my work party friday nite!

sheriva - your up/down thing might be annoying but during these holiday seasons even that is an accomplishment. i am doing the same even though i just started ww. it is so hard to say no to all the holiday goodies. my work is the worst place. i think we deserve a pat on the back for not gaining the holiday 15.

have a good monday all!!!
kathy
Old 12-13-2004, 04:09 PM   #101  
Baby Stepping Along

Default Joining you

Hi all,
Sheri invited me to come over and check out this thread. We are buddies on another healthy eating board and she knew I was a single working on weight loss too. Enjoyed reading through the thread and looking forward to getting to know you all. I'm almost 2/3 of the way to goal weight but am currently just trying to hold through the holidays. After the New Year I'll be back to work trying to lose the last I would like to lose and then learning how to maintain. I'm currently totally stressed out by the holiday preparations but did make significant progress the last couple of days so hopefully by the end of the week I will have things under control.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #102  
Becomming a Monster

i have failed badly this weekend i had 3 curries more pints of beer than i can remember i was out friday saturday sunday and monday nights and got very very drunk on all of them lol. saturday was my birthday so that explains the weekend and last night was rugby club coaches christmas dinner
Old 12-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #103  

Welcome, Peg! Glad you found us.

Si...ah the memories of my drunken youth. LOL I know it's hard to believe NOW, but there may actually come a day when you don't feel the need to spend every weekend night getting wasted!

Signed,
The Elderly Matriarch of the Singles Thread

LOL
Old 12-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #104  
Becomming a Monster

i know there will come a time when i wish to wear elasticated jeans with starched seams and just have a quiet night in with my slippers on but hopefully not for a very very long time
Old 12-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingsi
i know there will come a time when i wish to wear elasticated jeans with starched seams and just have a quiet night in with my slippers on but hopefully not for a very very long time
People STARCH THEIR SEAMS????? Hey, I may be old, but I haven't started doing anything that crazy quite yet.

(I do, however, love a quiet night in with my slippers. hehe)